Lion Air

"worst flight experience with Lion Air"

Trip Verified | Never again! I had my worst flight experience with Lion Air. After more than 16h of flight from Paris to Jakarta. The flight from Jakarta to Bali had several hours of delay. No information provided.
RouteJakarta to Bali
Date FlownAugust 2022

"this airline really scrapes the bucket"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Avoid this airline at all costs. They will cancel flights and not provide any information or alternative. Basically will abandon you at whatever airport they wish with no information or help. I guess you get what you pay for but this airline really scrapes the bucket.
RouteMakassar to Denpasar
Date FlownJuly 2022

"the worst customer service"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | This airline has the worst customer service. When my flight got cancelled, I was told by the travel agent to contact their Customer service (CS) not knowing that Lion replaced it with a different carrier at the same time. The CS rep didn’t tell me this so I changed my flight to another with different timing. After knowing that I could actually take a flight at the same time I contacted CS again but was told that I had to pay the prevailing charges because they can only change free of charge 1x. The worst was when I tried to file a complaint - instead of assisting - a different rep made issues of semantics - saying I asked the wrong questions - hence I got the wrong answer. Isn’t it their job to give info and enlighten as well as assist inconvenienced customers?? Safe to say I may never use their services again.
RouteSemarang to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2022

"Filthy airplane, delays"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Filthy airplane, delays, and no whatsoever interaction with the crew besides welcome and goodbye. Horrible check-in (disorganised), after boarding a delay without any explanation, with people sporadically walking in (even after take off time was well beyond), no one to be seen during the 1,5 hr flight (not to buy some water, not to mention proactively offering something). To top it the disgraceful luggage collection at Soekarno Hatta Airport, which takes ages and truly is something they should be ashamed of.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RouteDenpasar to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2022

"fare is far from low cost"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | You literally can expect to be always delayed with Lion Air. When it’s not, it’s going to surprise you like never before. I understand that this is a low cost airline, but Lion Air’s fare is far from low cost. It costs a minimum £50 to fly 1.5h from Jakarta to Denpasar. I need to arrive 2h before my flight but I’d have to wait for this airline to ruin my day? I know sometimes it’s inevitable as Lion Air serves routes that other airlines don’t, but oh my goodness, it’s just not worth it.
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownMay 2022

"avoid at all costs"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Worst company ever, avoid at all costs. Loaded a full plane with passengers on a delayed schedule. Machine and air conditioning were not functioning. Temperatures were beyond belief. Kept everyone on the plane in those conditions for 30 minutes with no respect for wellbeing of passengers. Crew acted like they knew nothing. Captain made no announcement. Proceeded to offload everyone and then provided no info for 30 minutes. Plane had technical issues and was unable to depart. Passengers were made to wait for a new plane.
RouteYogyakarta to Jakarta
Date FlownMay 2022

"has bad flight management"

(Indonesia)

Not Verified | Lion has bad flight management. They changed the schedule so many times without confirmation and I have to cancel my flight then choose another flight for a suitable schedule. Really disappointed, do not use this airline because it is really inconsistent.
RouteJakatrta to Surabaya
Date FlownDecember 2021

"many problems await you if you book your flight with Lion Air"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | My flights actual departure was 1 hour late, but the airline said nothing about the delay. Passengers were confused and tired waiting at the gate. On our ticket, the departure gate was D3. But without any announcement, the gate was changed to D7. I almost boarded the wrong flight (the flight from D3 was JT22, but my flight was JT42. Both heading to Denpasar, but JT22 delayed for 3 hours.). After boarding, there were 2 passengers yelling and arguing because their seat was the same. Poor communications is not only a Lion Air problem. Poor ground management, poor baggage handling, and many more problems await you if you book your flight with Lion Air.
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownNovember 2021

"They sold me a fake ticket"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Booked a ticket from Bali to Jakarta departing at 7am. But there is not flight until 10am same day. They sold me a fake ticket. Missed my meeting and lost my money.
RouteBali to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2021

"go with anyone else but Lion Air"

Trip Verified | Dreadful in every sense of the word. Two flights were summarily canceled by text message in the last ten days: No apology, no reason given. Lion Air cares nothing for their passengers and customer service is non-existent. Quite apart from having our flights canceled, we paid 1.3J for PCR tests (that's about £77 each) which were then rendered useless. If you have a choice who to fly with, go with anyone else but LionAir.
RouteDenpasar to Kupang