Lion Air

"has bad flight management"

(Indonesia)

Not Verified | Lion has bad flight management. They changed the schedule so many times without confirmation and I have to cancel my flight then choose another flight for a suitable schedule. Really disappointed, do not use this airline because it is really inconsistent.
RouteJakatrta to Surabaya
Date FlownDecember 2021

"many problems await you if you book your flight with Lion Air"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | My flights actual departure was 1 hour late, but the airline said nothing about the delay. Passengers were confused and tired waiting at the gate. On our ticket, the departure gate was D3. But without any announcement, the gate was changed to D7. I almost boarded the wrong flight (the flight from D3 was JT22, but my flight was JT42. Both heading to Denpasar, but JT22 delayed for 3 hours.). After boarding, there were 2 passengers yelling and arguing because their seat was the same. Poor communications is not only a Lion Air problem. Poor ground management, poor baggage handling, and many more problems await you if you book your flight with Lion Air.
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownNovember 2021

"They sold me a fake ticket"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Booked a ticket from Bali to Jakarta departing at 7am. But there is not flight until 10am same day. They sold me a fake ticket. Missed my meeting and lost my money.
RouteBali to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2021

"go with anyone else but Lion Air"

Trip Verified | Dreadful in every sense of the word. Two flights were summarily canceled by text message in the last ten days: No apology, no reason given. Lion Air cares nothing for their passengers and customer service is non-existent. Quite apart from having our flights canceled, we paid 1.3J for PCR tests (that's about £77 each) which were then rendered useless. If you have a choice who to fly with, go with anyone else but LionAir.
RouteDenpasar to Kupang
Date FlownAugust 2021

"transfer you mid sentence"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | The airline cant even inform you anyway through texts or emails if a flight has been cancelled. Called customer service and when it was something they didn't understand, they automatically transfer you mid sentence while you are talking and then you have to wait 10 -20 minutes for a new operator.
RouteLabuan Bajo to Denpasar
Date FlownJuly 2021

"manages to constantly disappoint"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Lion Air manages to constantly disappoint even when expectations are extremely low after flying with them from time to time the last four years. Planes are often canceled and almost always delayed by hours. Information is scarce and the unfortunate personnel is constantly stressed to make the best of a horribly managed airline. All other airlines in Indonesia are better. At the very least you would expect to get to where you are going, this is not always the case with lion air as they frequently cancels flights, and good luck getting refunds. If they do fly that day you can expect a delay of 1-6 hours. Again forget any compensation (which they are legally required to provide). During this inevitable delay, expect to get zero information. I'd literally go to the counter and ask if the plane will be on time 20 min before and they say yes. When I ask if the plane has arrived yet they do not know, and when they check it's still somewhere else. I then ask when it will arrive to this airport and the staff would then sms or WA the ground staff of the previous airport asking when the plane left. When the plane do arrive at the airport it will have missed any slot it was allocated and get allocated a gate on the other side of the airport. Due to low prices lion air is the only airline trafficking some destinations. Try to avoid always, pay triple to do so if you can, it's always worth it.
RouteDenpasar Bali to Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2021

"Very bad refund policy"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Bangkok. Very bad refund policy due to Covid19, my flight has been canceled but Lion air refused to refund, only give a voucher valid 1 year. I do not plan to flight for 1 year so it is useless. Spent hours with customer service for nothing. Bad experience.
RouteDenpasar to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2020

"Good airline for a budget flyer"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | I was going with Lion Air on 17th April 2020. As usual, fast check in and punctual both departures and arrival. Got a window seat on a 737-800 at 15F. The flight went smoothly and it was my first flight with Lion air having a flight entertainment. It uses air-Fi but still in a limited service for playing games and watching film only and couldn't browse from search engine like chrome. I wished they improve more so we can operate your internet browser and social media when in flight. The flight took me on time at arrival airport. Good airline for a budget flyer.
RouteSemarang to Batam
Date FlownApril 2020

"very rude and impatient"

(Georgia)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Jakarta. The people at the check in counter made it very difficult to check in our baggage. They were very rude and impatient. While we check in, the next counter employee join in to gang up on us while we repack our baggage. Really wish even budget airplanes treat their passengers with respect and care.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"poor and not really acceptable"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Bali to Surabaya via Lombok. Lion air first duplicated my family’s boarding passes. The flight was overbooked. They then allowed me off the plane to query why and immediately locked the doors behind me. My understanding is that as an air safety rule planes are not allowed to leave with baggage without the passengers. Lion air was not concerned. Half an hour later I was still waiting for someone to advise me as to what my next steps are. It was suggested that I buy more tickets. This is really poor and not really acceptable.
RouteBali to Surabaya via Lombok