LATAM Airlines

"very poor quality main meal"

(Italy)

Trip Verified |   Fairly old plane for intercontinental flight. The service during the flight from the flight attendants was very limited. For 11 hours of flight, a very poor quality main meal and an equally terrible snack. No drink service during intermissions. Limited entertainment due to lack of language options in films and TV series. On both trips my headrest was broken. Aereo per il volo intercontinentale abbastanza vecchio. Il servizio durante il volo da parte degli assistenti di volo era davvero limitato. Per 11 ore di volo, un pasto principale di pessima qualità e uno snack, altrettanto pessimo. Nessun servizio drink negli intermezzi. Intrattenimento limitato per via della mancanza di opzioni di lingua in film e serie tv. In entrambi i viaggi il mio poggiatesta era rotto.
RouteRome to Rio de janeiro via Sao paulo
Date FlownNovember 2023

"how kind and friendly the crew was"

Trip Verified | This flight was on an ex VivaAir Colombia A320 with vivaair interior so there was no latam play and the interior of the aircraft was still in viva air’s configuration. After flying in from New York in the morning I spent the day and early afternoon and returned to El Dorado for my flight to Cartagena. Check in at LATAM’s premium counter was a breeze. Upon boarding our lead flight attendant Jessica welcomed every premium economy individually and we all had a water bottle waiting at our seat. Since I switched rows so a guy could be with his kid I went to Row 1 seat A. There was tons of legroom the only bad thing was the window was dirty so I couldn’t really see much. About 20 minutes after take off we were offered beer, water juice and coffee. I opted for a Club Colombia we were also offered chips and a little bar with chocolate. The flight itself was quick. One thing is the seats didn’t recline at all since the aircraft was still in Vivas configuration but it was made up by how kind and friendly the crew was on this flight.
AircraftA320-200
RouteBogota to Cartagena

"Really nice flight"

Trip Verified | Really nice flight. Joint lounge at Rome called Premium Plaza was definitely not premium. Boarding was easy, warm welcome with crew immediately learning your name. I lucked out with row 10 which was at least 20cms longer than the rest. Very comfortable flat bed. Food was reasonably good but far from exciting. The "champagne" was below acceptable standards. The other wines were adequate. A 12 hour flight is quite demanding and I think Latam did a great job I'd happily fly again and would choose them ahead of a lot of the competition.
RouteRome to Sao Paulo
Date FlownOctober 2023

"One of the worst flight experiences"

Trip Verified |   One of the worst flight experiences I have had. Crew members are not friendly. Food is unbeatable and the portion is small for the first leg which is almost 5 hours. They don't provide options. They handed us sandwiches that we don't even know what's inside. After the service, no one showed up in the cabin at all.
RouteSao Paulo to Cuzco

"Worst travel experience"

Trip Verified | Worst travel experience I've ever had. From their system having incorrect visa requirements and blocking me from being able to check in for one of my flight sectors despite having sold me a ticket including those sectors, to delays at almost ever sector, to a cancelled flight for one sector with very poor communication. The onboard staff were friendly, but that was literally the only thing Latam had going for it.
RouteCusco to Sydney via Santiago
Date FlownOctober 2023

"worst airline in the world"

Trip Verified | At check-in at the Bogota Airport, Latam could not print my boarding pass for the connection in Chile and suggested to ask for it when touching down in Chile. It became a nightmare as they did not listed me in the connection flights and had to wait until last minute to board at Chile and then Auckland. My suitcase arrived damaged and I claimed within the 7 business days of my arrival but they did not accept the claim because for their convenience they ended up counting 7 calendar days. They are the worst airline in the world. I pray I don’t need to use them never again.
RouteBogota to Sydney via Santiago

"Worse experience ever"

Not Verified | I have been experiencing a hard time buying my check bag, after multiple tries I spoke with a representative on the phone who recommended adding my bag on the airport because on the phone they had additional fees, once I got to the airport each checked bag was $150, literally $67 more. Their customer service was awful. I said I was going to get it online where the rep. told me I was going to lose my flight if I was getting out of line, I was literally 3 1/2 hrs early for my flight. But the harassment was awful, I told them I called and I was given the info about adding the bag, she said she was not able to see so she ignored me giving no other option. Worse experience ever, we ended paying more on bags than the ticket itself. Please don’t use this airline is not worth it.
RouteBogota to Orlando

"pitiful customer service"

Trip Verified |  LATAM was the only airline making a direct flight btwn Miami and Fortaleza, Brazil (for Nov 1 2023). I paid about $125 extra to book this vs. flying MIA all the way down to Sao Paulo then 3.5 hours back up to Fortaleza. Then about 5 months after I bought my airfare looks like they've cancelled this route. I asked for a partial refund, or at least for them to compensate me by letting me choose my seat ahead for no charge, and they denied both requests. The only options they'd allow (and the rep even spoke with his manager as I requested) was to cancel their rebook for a refund or take the rebooked flight through SP. Not fair; pitiful customer service.
RouteMiami to Fortaleza
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"I will never choose LATAM again."

Trip Verified | It was a total rip off, I was charged 280 Canadian dollars for carryon baggage! This is total unacceptable! I will never choose LATAM again.
RouteMedellin to Bogota
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"LATAM is mediocre as usual"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | LATAM is mediocre as usual. Although I have Gold status at BA and purchased a first class ticket, their service is zero. Ground staff is an exception, always very attentive. Flight crew doesn’t seem to care whether or not you get on board… they are always talking to one another. Service onboard is almost non existent, worse than low fare airlines in Europe. Why don’t they sell food onboard? Probably because they don’t want to bother. I have flown in Brazil 10 times this year, and it is always an unpleasant experience with LATAM. The only reason is that I get priority check in and free luggage, which I’m entitled due to my status.
RoutePorto Alegre to São Paulo