LATAM Airlines

"For what I paid for the flight, I was quite pleased by the value"

Trip Verified | Decent flight like most recently on LATAM. Note that no food or soft drinks were served on this or any inter Brazil flight I think still because of covid. Water is available if you ring your call button. I had a budget ticket and middle seats were assigned at check in, which is relatively easy to accomplish online. Plane was full, but flight staff was professional and they worked hard to keep the flight on time. For what I paid for the flight, I was quite pleased by the value. The airline didn't knock my socks off, but would I use them again? Definitely.
RouteSão Paulo to Foz do Iguaçu
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"they could not process the refund"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience with LATAM. Bought a ticket a refunded it 10 minutes later expecting that it would be valid within the 24 hour refund period. Spoke to representative. He promised that I would be getting a full refund within 5 business days. I even got an email confirmation. I called back 7 business days later asking why I didn’t get the refund yet. While speaking to another agent, she had no idea what she was doing, and told me to get my refund from Expedia. I kept telling her I booked direct from the LATAM site and not Expedia She then kept me on hold for 40 minutes, spoke to her manager, and told me sorry they could not process the refund. I told them several times that I received an email confirmation, and all they could say was sorry, refund was rejected.
RouteQuito to Cuenca
Date FlownMay 2021

"rescheduled my flight"

Trip Verified | We purchased tickets from LATAM and they canceled and rescheduled my flight. I did not want 40+ hours of layovers on the new flight, they refused any refund and declined my dispute which was within hours of the purchase. They sold the tickets knowing they did not have the flight. They are still selling flights right now they do not have! I was forced to accept the new flight and the next #4 changes in itinerary with no say or consent and charged an additional fee for the changes which i paid to recoup my losses. No help or flights from latam what so ever.
Aircraftunknown
RouteMiami to Sao Paulo
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Boarding was done fast"

Trip Verified | Check in at San Andres airport was a breeze, on the other hand trying to figure out what gate it left on was another story. Boarding was done fast. Service onboard was non-existent due to the pandemic and restrictions by the Colombian Aviation Officials. For a quick 1hr 45 minute flight to Bogota it was okay. Arrival in Bogota was on time. LATAM play was available on your own device so it made the flight go a bit faster and there was a good selection of movies and shows.
RouteSan Andres to Bogota
Date FlownJune 2021

"disappointed with the treatment at the airport"

Trip Verified | Extremely disappointed with the treatment received at the airport, no one deserves to be treated like that. My son and I both had the COVID test, because we hit traffic we where literally 10 ridiculous minute late, we were refused to get in even thought we had done all the info online and check in online. I asked to please let me do another test and she said no. I asked to please rebook me to a different flight, different day and “NO CANT DO’. I requested refund, they told. Me only 30% of what I had paid. Please do yourself a favor and stay away from this airline.
RouteNew York to Sao Paulo
Date FlownJune 2021

"my flight was late for one hour"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | This airlines don't respect thier passengers, my flight was late for one hour, after gathering passengers for boarding they discover that they don't have a staff for this flight, after one hour they call to start boarding again, passenger stand in a queue and they let us waiting for more 30 min.
RouteSao Paulo to Florianopolis
Date FlownJune 2021

"on time and seats were comfy"

Trip Verified | Check in online was a breeze, in regards to the carry on bags nobody at the boarding gate complained about the size or weight. Boarding and deplaning was done by rows and did not take long. Due to the pandemic there was no onboard service on either flight. Flights were on time and seats were comfy. On both planes there were ports to charge your phone and the cabins looked pretty new. There was also LATAM play onboard in which you can watch movies on your own device.
RouteBogota to Cali
Date FlownJune 2021

"still have not received my refund"

Trip Verified | I bought a ticket on April 24, 2021 with Latam and had to cancel the ticket within the first 24 hours after the purchase. According to their refund policy, I should have been refunded within 15 days which was never done. It is now June 18, 2021 (over 50 days later) and after several emails and phone calls I still have not received my refund. I spoke with an advisor and they want to give me a credit (voucher) so that they can then request my refund. 50 days later, I still have not received this credit (voucher). I am going back to Canada, Latam does not fly to Canada and I will never be able to use this credit.
RouteLa Paz to Lima
Date FlownApril 2021

"changed our flights soon after booking"

(Bolivia)

Trip Verified | LATAM changed our flights soon after booking, changing our 2 hour layover in Lima Airport to a 24 hour layover, also making us miss our first night or our booking in our resort. We attempted to resolve the issue with our booking agent, and with LATAM staff at the airport, in their call centre but they were unwilling to help us or reimburse us for anything at all. Since when is it acceptable to leave 2 senior citizens in an airport for 24 hours during a covid pandemic without offering any help. To top it off staff at the airport were rude, I could resumed their message to "it's not our fault". I would like to know who's fault they think it is. I filed a complaint with LATAM, but their response can be resumed "I am very sorry you had a bad experience, there will be no reimbursement". Fly with this airline at your own risk, and allow plenty of time for itinerary changes as they appear to be very unreliable and unwilling to help.
RouteLa Paz to Punta Cana via Lima
Date FlownMay 2021

"had to cancel one at a time"

Trip Verified | We were unable to travel due to Ecuador going into a country wide lockdown due to COVID beginning 4/23/2021 and supposed to end 5/20/2021. We were to travel 5/1/2021 to 5/23/2021 but because of the lockdown were unable to do so. The hoops you have to jump through to get a refund are arduous as well. I had to cancel one at a time, not the entire reservation. They will not refund to your credit card, only to your bank account. I filed for a refund yesterday and filled out their repetitious forms one-by-one and then they issue a travel voucher and then you have to go through the process again and give them your bank account information.
RouteCuenca to Quito