LATAM Airlines

"Really nice flight"

Trip Verified | Really nice flight. Joint lounge at Rome called Premium Plaza was definitely not premium. Boarding was easy, warm welcome with crew immediately learning your name. I lucked out with row 10 which was at least 20cms longer than the rest. Very comfortable flat bed. Food was reasonably good but far from exciting. The "champagne" was below acceptable standards. The other wines were adequate. A 12 hour flight is quite demanding and I think Latam did a great job I'd happily fly again and would choose them ahead of a lot of the competition.
RouteRome to Sao Paulo
Date FlownOctober 2023

"One of the worst flight experiences"

Trip Verified |   One of the worst flight experiences I have had. Crew members are not friendly. Food is unbeatable and the portion is small for the first leg which is almost 5 hours. They don't provide options. They handed us sandwiches that we don't even know what's inside. After the service, no one showed up in the cabin at all.
RouteSao Paulo to Cuzco

"Worst travel experience"

Trip Verified | Worst travel experience I've ever had. From their system having incorrect visa requirements and blocking me from being able to check in for one of my flight sectors despite having sold me a ticket including those sectors, to delays at almost ever sector, to a cancelled flight for one sector with very poor communication. The onboard staff were friendly, but that was literally the only thing Latam had going for it.
RouteCusco to Sydney via Santiago
Date FlownOctober 2023

"worst airline in the world"

Trip Verified | At check-in at the Bogota Airport, Latam could not print my boarding pass for the connection in Chile and suggested to ask for it when touching down in Chile. It became a nightmare as they did not listed me in the connection flights and had to wait until last minute to board at Chile and then Auckland. My suitcase arrived damaged and I claimed within the 7 business days of my arrival but they did not accept the claim because for their convenience they ended up counting 7 calendar days. They are the worst airline in the world. I pray I don’t need to use them never again.
RouteBogota to Sydney via Santiago

"Worse experience ever"

Not Verified | I have been experiencing a hard time buying my check bag, after multiple tries I spoke with a representative on the phone who recommended adding my bag on the airport because on the phone they had additional fees, once I got to the airport each checked bag was $150, literally $67 more. Their customer service was awful. I said I was going to get it online where the rep. told me I was going to lose my flight if I was getting out of line, I was literally 3 1/2 hrs early for my flight. But the harassment was awful, I told them I called and I was given the info about adding the bag, she said she was not able to see so she ignored me giving no other option. Worse experience ever, we ended paying more on bags than the ticket itself. Please don’t use this airline is not worth it.
RouteBogota to Orlando

"pitiful customer service"

Trip Verified |  LATAM was the only airline making a direct flight btwn Miami and Fortaleza, Brazil (for Nov 1 2023). I paid about $125 extra to book this vs. flying MIA all the way down to Sao Paulo then 3.5 hours back up to Fortaleza. Then about 5 months after I bought my airfare looks like they've cancelled this route. I asked for a partial refund, or at least for them to compensate me by letting me choose my seat ahead for no charge, and they denied both requests. The only options they'd allow (and the rep even spoke with his manager as I requested) was to cancel their rebook for a refund or take the rebooked flight through SP. Not fair; pitiful customer service.
RouteMiami to Fortaleza
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"I will never choose LATAM again."

Trip Verified | It was a total rip off, I was charged 280 Canadian dollars for carryon baggage! This is total unacceptable! I will never choose LATAM again.
RouteMedellin to Bogota
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"LATAM is mediocre as usual"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | LATAM is mediocre as usual. Although I have Gold status at BA and purchased a first class ticket, their service is zero. Ground staff is an exception, always very attentive. Flight crew doesn’t seem to care whether or not you get on board… they are always talking to one another. Service onboard is almost non existent, worse than low fare airlines in Europe. Why don’t they sell food onboard? Probably because they don’t want to bother. I have flown in Brazil 10 times this year, and it is always an unpleasant experience with LATAM. The only reason is that I get priority check in and free luggage, which I’m entitled due to my status.
RoutePorto Alegre to São Paulo
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"feels like proper Business Class"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Classy Planes, Classy Seats and Staff OK. Luxury and feels like proper Business Class. Food was good. Seats very comfortable with a Large Pillow and Duvet supplied. Not the 1st time we have flown Latam and would fly again any time.
RouteSydney to Auckland
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"actually a very nice flight"

Trip Verified | A 22.45 departure 3,5 hrs flight with time difference resulting into an arrival at 4.30 and making it a potential unpleasant extreme red-eye flight. Very efficient boarding by attentive a friendly ground staff. Surprised to have found on every seat blanket a pillow, which was very welcoming. For those not willing to sleep on this 3,5 flight, a cheese toast together with some fruit a chocolate including drinks was offered. Was actually a very nice flight. Nice feature of interactive onboard entertainment system through Wifi, including movies and route map.
RouteLima to Santiago de Chile