LATAM Airlines

"No appetizer or salad"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | 11h30m of flying time. 1st meal right after we took off. 2nd meal 5 hour later. Last 5.5 hrs not even a drink service. And I am talking about Biz class. Just main course on both meals. No appetizer or salad. 2.5 hrs before arrival none of the lavatories were working and LATAM made us go all the way to São Paulo without a single lavatory. This was a paid Biz fare so anyone thinks I will make this mistake again? Miss so much TAM. LATAM sucks.
RouteBarcelona to Sao Paulo
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"flight is going to be cancelled"

Not Verified | After sitting at the gate, they finally tell us as we're boarding that our flight is going to be cancelled. They automatically put us on a flight without asking over 3hrs later with no food or drink vouchers and no explanation.
RouteLima to Cusco
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"will not accommodate medical needs"

Trip Verified | I called LATAM to request an aisle seat, I injured my leg in the Amazon, the website blocked me from doing so. It was 6 hours until the flight. The LATAM person on the phone said he could not help me even in a medical situation, he refused to let me speak to a supervisor. This is bad news an airline that will not accommodate medical needs is to be avoided. I was willing to pay for seat selection, he still would not help. I am medical and will advise my teams to avoid this airline
RouteManaus to Sao Paulo
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"lucky to see a difference with Y class"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Business class on single aisle airplanes with this airline is a scam. Apart from the blocked middle seat, you will be lucky to see a difference with Y class seating arrangements either in width or in row spacing. See photos of Row 2 spacing on the UIO-LIM sector, or the distafful shape of the useless armchair audio commands. Food serving consists of a sandwich wrapped in aluminum foil and a bag of potato chips ( LIM-GRU, 4:30 flight), served at 3:00 am.
AircraftA320-200
RouteQuito to Sau Paulo via Lima
Date FlownAugust 2022

"still trying to get this money back"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I had 2 bookings with Latam. One of them was cancelled due to Covid so I had a credit. I was told I could get a refund on this credit but they ignored all my requests to do so. The credit has since expired and I am out of pocket by US$503. I'm still trying to get this money back. I have received 2 emails from Latam relating to passengers I’ve never heard of. They give the passenger’s full name and bank account details. It makes me wonder who has been receiving emails with my details. My second booking was also cancelled but successfully rebooked. However Latam then drastically changed the booking - three days were cut from my holiday and the return journey was extended from approx 25 hours travel time to over 41 hours (with 11+ hours stopover in Lima and 11+ hours in Santiago). I have tried to solve these issues in various ways with no help: I visited Latam's office in Quito on 10/5/22. They were no help and referred me to the contact centre. I called the contact centre on the same day, that was no help and claimed her "system was not working" and the agent referred me to the Latam website to create a case. I created case number and over 2 months later I have still had no response. I tried to follow up this case and my most recent message to Latam does not even show on their system. On top of this, I was dehydrated on the flight as my requests for water were ignored on more than one occasion. The meals were more like snacks (I am a small female weighing less than 60Kg).
RouteQuito to Auckland via Lima / Santiago
Date FlownMay 2022

"Would never fly with this airline again"

Not Verified | Miami to Rio de Janeiro. Would never fly with this airline again. We booked airfare on this airline from Miami, FL to Rio de Janeiro, we had booked a cruise that was leaving from Rio, the cruise was canceled and when we tried to receive a travel voucher for future travel we had nothing but problems. We purchased premium business class tickets and the paperwork we were provided stated we had one year in which to use the voucher. After going back and forth with the agent’s too many times to count we were finally given a voucher in the amount of $1274.34, which we used for a trip to Punta Cana, leaving a balance of $694.46. Have lodged many complaints with the company and they do not respond. Use caution if you have to book with this company, obviously they are a low cost airline for a reason.
RouteMiami to Rio de Janeiro
Date FlownMarch 2022

"The worst possible experience"

Trip Verified | I checked in with my daughter for flight LA6012 at 5.40 pm from ASU (Asuncion) arriving at 8.30 pm in Buenos Aires (AEP). The flight was delayed (the airline claimed bad weather) and left late at 6.25 pm scheduled to arrive at 21.21 pm. The flight was diverted to Uraguay, we were kept in the plane for about 2 hrs and then flown BACK to ASU arriving back where we started around 11.30 pm. They claimed this was due to bad weather in Buenos Aires. According to arrivals at Buenos Aires (AEP), flights AR1645, AR 1227, AR1505 all landed on schedule at AEP at 21.25 (4 mins after our flight was due to arrive), 21.00 and 20.15. Four other flights landed between 20.30 and 21.05 (later than scheduled). The airline did not book us into a hotel, they did not provide food, they simply said to return at 6.30 am for another flight, that flight confirmation has not come through so I am worried. I have to spend the night in the airport with my daughter. This is outrageous, communication has been very poor, no one has looked after us. The worst possible experience.
RouteAsuncion to Buenos Aires
Date FlownJuly 2022

"no way to catch that flight"

Not Verified | My Terrible LATAM Travel Experience Returning from Rio de Janeiro to Miami. Upon arriving at the airport in Rio de Janeiro, having checked in online, without having had the option to pay for luggage online, a LATAM employee at the check-in desk informed me that I should pay for the 2 bags that would be checked. I went to the payment desk and the LATAM employee made me wait for 30 minutes to tell me how much the fee would be. He told me it would be R$1,300 reais approximately $125 dollars per bag, totaling approximately $250 dollars. Not finding the value of the luggage fee right, I paid it, but it is worth noting that on the way to Brazil, with a much more professional and respectful airline, I paid $35 per bag, totaling $70, instead of $250. I went back to the check-in desk and it took approximately 1 hour when I was attended to check in my bags and print my boarding pass. A LATAM employee left the service desk and went to another closed room, came back, did it several times. When it was close to the boarding time, the LATAM employee said that they would not make the boarding at the scheduled time, as all passengers with carry on should dispatch the same. Not caring about connecting passengers. There was a long delay in completing this process. When finished, we left Rio towards Santiago. Arriving in Chile, I ran with my 6 year old son and my wife so we wouldn't lose the connection. I arrived at the LATAM connection desk and the employee informed me that I had missed it, there would be no way to catch that flight. I arrived at the counter at 12:10am, flight departs at 12:30am. That I couldn't pass the connecting gate, I should take a flight to Lima in the morning at 7:45am, I should wait at the airport for more than 7 hours. Detail that the LATAM employee, very moody, didn't even speak English, I had to unroll my Spanish. As there was no other alternative, I took the boarding pass to Peru and then to the United States. I went to the LATAM VIP Lounge and the employee scanned my boarding pass, but he wouldn't let me in. With all this, I still haven't been able to feed and rest with my 6 year old son and wife. We had to spend the 7 hours in the airport departures area. My son ended up sleeping on the floor of the airport, he was very tired.
RouteRio de Janeiro to Miami via Lima
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I was not making it on the flight"

Trip Verified | My flight left from Cusco and connected to Lima on my way to New York. No issues on the initial flight. my bag was checked, went through security without any problem. I get to LIMA, had some time to eat, and headed to my gate 25 minutes before departure. Got to the gate, it was mid-boarding, they asked my last name and the staff huddled for a few moments as my G/F and I looked at each other puzzled on what was happening. then I was told "you need to go with her" & pointed to a security person. They said my checked bag had a cell phone portable charger in it, picked up via X-RAY, that isn't allowed and needs to be removed. I start walking with this officer who does not speak English. I have no idea where we are going and went all the way back to immigration. As soon as I left, they turned to my G/F and asked if she wanted to board the plane as I was not going to make it back in time for the flight. She asked if they can hold the flight for a few mins so i can get back but they wouldn't even consider it. I get back to the gate and now learn that the gate is closed and I was not making it on the flight. The desk agent said he tried calling us over the PA. As they only have 1 flight out a day, which departs at 12:20AM, 2 hrs later, we were still in the airport, trying to get our bags back and find a hotel to stay at, exhausted and disappointed. the next day, we return to the airport 2 hours earlier then we needed to just to be sure there was going to be no challenges, only to find out an hour later that the flight was cancelled. So noticing that there was a flight leaving to Miami within the next hour at a nearby gate, we ran there to try to talk to the agents to see if we could get on the flight. They did confirm that there were seats, but they said only 1 woman could let us on, who was at the desk, but they wouldn't let us talk to her. We pleaded with one woman who said she'd try to help, then walked away and clearly gave no effort as she was standing next to that woman, texting on her phone. Trying to get her attention, 10 minutes later we had someone get her but she still gave us more excuses. when I asked her the name of the woman that could help us (who she was standing next to work early), she said she didn't know, laughed & walked away. talked to another man who questioned how we knew our flight to NY was cancelled. So now they have everyone waiting on this ridiculously long and slow line to get a hotel credit. after 40 mins waiting & not moving, we left and found our own hotel.
RouteCusco to New York via Lima
Date FlownJuly 2022

"finding out that our bags are lost"

(Mexico)

Not Verified | I was flying from Belo Horizonte to São Paolo and first the flight got moved making me lose my connection to Mexico City. And because of that, they changed our flight telling us the wrong information about what we would get as a compensation. The man said to pick up our luggage in São Paolo. Once we arrived to São Paolo, another man giving vouchers clearly said we shouldn’t pick up our bags because it was directly moved to our final destination. We double (even tripled) asked to make sure as we have been told otherwise, and he assured our bags were on the right track. 12 hours later we arrived finding out that our bags are lost and nowhere to be found even though they had put them on the system even before we got out of the airport. I have been in contact with the airline through WhatsApp asking about my bag status and they only say “it takes time and that I have to wait”. I have asked information about where to go in the airport as I’m flying today to another destination, so I can check directly in the airport but they only can say I need to ask at the airport, not providing any useful information about which terminal or desk should I ask. Not traveling with Latam airlines again, that’s for sure.
RouteBelo Horizonte to Mexico City via São Paolo