Korean Air

"Tomato Soup for breakfast?"

Not Verified | Excellent staff. However, Tomato Soup for breakfast? In general, the food is not good quality. Only a few very old movies for entertainment. Business Class Lounge was like being in McDonalds - noisy children, more people than seats, no bar service, dreadful food. Feel using the entire top level of a 380 for business class is not reflected in the facilities st Seoul. 16 hour layover, not permitted to take blanket from plane to “Nap Room”. The seats in the A380 are impossibly uncomfortable for sleeping
RouteSydney to- New York via Soul
Date FlownJuly 2019

"thank her for her amazing help"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Sydney. I am a very nervous flier and I let the cabin crew know this. The first lady, who was showing customers to seats took this very seriously and was very welcoming and also checked up on me at the end and kindly wished me farewell. This lady assigned staff to look after me during the flight, Moon was the loveliest, kindest air hostess I have ever met. She stayed with me during bouts of turbulence (without neglecting her other hostess duties to other customers) and checked on me throughout the flight. She also distracted me by chatting to me about my time in Korea and assuring me that we were safe, as well as bringing me water and comforting me. I would love to be able to recommend her and thank her for her amazing help. Thank you Moon!
RouteSeoul to Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2019

"food was very good quality"

Trip Verified | Paris to Seoul Incheon. First time flying in Korean Air business class with Prestige sleeper seats. The food was very good quality and the flight attendants were attentive and professional. I normally cannot sleep longer than 2 hours on a flight, but managed to get around 4-5 hours on the flight. The noise-cancelling headphones while not on par with Sony or Bose's top of the line models still worked well enough. IFE was good but not on par with Singapore Airlines or Emirates.
RouteParis to Seoul Incheon

"IFE screens were good"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Madrid. The flight crew provided professional and courteous service. I like flying on the Boeing 787 and it did not disappoint. The economy food is never a great quality for any airline, but it was adequate. One thing I like with Korean Air is that flight attendants always try to meet your request and on this flight was no exception. The new economy seats and IFE screens were good. IFE movie and TV show selection could be more extensive. As majority of Koreans fly on Korean Air if they had more Korean movies and TV shows, Korean passengers would appreciate that.
RouteSeoul to Madrid

"professional and courteous"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Incheon. The flight crew provided professional and courteous service. One thing I like about A-330 plane is that seat configuration is 2-4-2 and my wife and I sat on the window side. The plane was clean and the seats were updated with 18.1" width and seat pitch better than other airlines. One area that is not as good as other airlines such as Singapore or Emirates is the IFE. The selection is still not as extensive as these top tier airlines. But, overall a good value travelling on long-distance flights to Europe. Good to note that as travel to Europe requires overnight stay in Incheon, Korean Air provides free hotel and food vouchers.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSydney to Incheon
Date FlownJuly 2019

"would recommend this airline as always"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Rome Fiumicino to Seoul Incheon with Korean Air. Overall, a great flight. I rode this flight yesterday (July 8th flight). The ground service? Fantastic because I was in business and at 6pm the check-in counter was open and I could check in within 10 minutes even though our family had 5 baggages (1 baggage / member) because of the great customer assistance. Then, I headed to the lounge. Better than Korean Air's own lounge in ICN. Have pizza, pasta, etc. Great. 10 out of 10. Now, the flight. Everything was great except for the IFE Selection. It was worse than my December 2018 Shanghai Pudong flight. Another Con: No inflight wifi. But I would recommend this airline as always.
RouteRome Fiumicino to Seoul Incheon
Date FlownJuly 2019

"seats are somewhat out of date"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Seoul to London. Pleasant in-flight attendants and good quality food. However, the seats are somewhat out of date and the airport check in staff, even in the Premium Check In Zone is very rude.
RouteSeoul to London
Date FlownJuly 2019

"it's so hard to book with them"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Seoul to Bangkok. Generally, staff at Korean Air are good, food is pretty tasty and the onboard entertainment is varied but unfortunately gets interrupted all the time in 3 different languages. Strangely for a "technologically advanced" nation, they fall down on their website and general technology. Their website in Korea accepts Korean or International cards. If you're an expatriate, your Korean card won't work and if you use an International card you're likely to be singled out for fraud because (quite rightly) the credit card company won't share information with a vendor. The process to overcome this is to type your entire credit card number into their system to unlock your booking. The option not to do this is unavailable and no mention is made of what happens to this very private data once it's been entered into their system. Additionally, the company air miles system regularly doesn't recognise you've flown with Korean Air and the claims system makes absolutely no sense so I'd be surprised if I ever manage to claim. It's hard to give them a great rating when it's so hard to book with them and they're overpriced because the whole economy here is one big monopoly, but I've increased my score because their staff are goods.
RouteSeoul to Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2019

"very bothering experience"

Trip Verified | Incheon to New York. I am a delta platinum medalion member so I am getting sky team elite plus status when I fly any skyteam. But quite a few Korean air staff are not aware of this. when I check in I'm eligible to use their business class counter but staff didn't know so I had to explain about this. Once they led me to morning calm counter (which belongs to their own membership system) and I'm not really morning calm member or anything. Yesterday when I was checking in, I knew I can check in three bags after checking allowance for sky team elite plus but they said I can check in only two bags then - when I ask them to double check they said I'm able to do so. It was very bothering experience every time I had to explain about their own system? They even promote their strong alliance with Delta airline everywhere.
RouteIncheon to New York
Date FlownJune 2019

"wouldn’t recommend it"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | I was flying on business from Chicago to Korea. With the flight attendants its like they ask you a question and before you can answer, they’re already suggesting something else. Mind you, the flight wasn’t full so there’s no reason why they should rush. What really annoyed was when they started serving coffee and desert, they asked me if I wanted coffee or tea, instead I asked for water. To my dismay, the stewardess answered me don’t you have a bottled water provided for in your seat? I told her, I was saving it for the longer part of the trip so I wouldn’t have to bother her! Aside from the very limited options Korean Air is just a piece of work. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.
RouteChicago to Seoul