Korean Air

"the coldest airport staff"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Ho Chi Minh City. This is the coldest airport staff that I have ever met. Anyway aside from attitude, I have been flying with different airlines and usually they will let me check in my luggage as long as it does not exceed the weight limits. It happens that I brought along 2 small luggages this time. They only let me check in 1 luggage which weights less than 6kg (my entitlement is 23kg) and advise "have to pay for another one". I decided to hand carry the other luggage and ended up throwing away a few newly bought cosmetic as the airport guy does not let me bring to the plane. So I travelled all the way to Korea, pay for the goods and come back empty handed. Very good strategy the squeeze tourist money!
RouteSeoul to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownDecember 2018

"refused to even talk to me"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Seoul. Refused to sell ticket for lap infant after they sold me ticket. Wouldn't refund transfer, nothing. Extremely rude, hung up on me, lied to me. Said I had to buy from Delta even though it was a Korean Air flight. Delta tried to help but couldn't. Lost out on my money for flight from Anchorage to Mongolia and back. Tried to fly and solve things in person. Alaska Airlines let me fly with my baby but Korean air refused to even talk to me. Threatened to call security. They also closed the gate early and turned people away. I suspect that it was overbooked but they refused to say. Claimed our connecting flight was too late and blamed Alaskan Air.
RouteSeattle to Seoul
Date FlownNovember 2018

"hardware was very dated"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Seoul to Kuala Lumpur. New aircraft but hardware was very dated. Seat is true-flat but not comfortable. In partially reclined position it provides no armrests. Tray table is unsupported and slants when the when the food tray is placed on it. A laptop will gradually slide off unless constantly repositioned. Window seats in the upper deck are more spacious than aisles which are constricted by walls and offer zero storage space accessible from the seat. The partition between seats is just plain awkward. Barely enough space to balance a drink precariously without deploying the slanted table. Pillow and blanket are economy standard, and not appropriate for overnight flights. IFE is substandard with few choices. Service is mediocre, hampered by poor English. Attendants have their rote routine but cannot cope with anything spontaneous like a change of wine with main course, water refills out of the designated timeframe, or drinks outside of regular service times.They are very polite but this does not translate into effective service. Ground staff at the Prestige check-in desk lack even this basic politeness, again, possibly because of a lack of linguistic skills in English. Wine selection is excellent but food is quite simply the worst I've had in a premium cabin of a full service carrier.
AircraftBoeing 747-8i
RouteSeoul to Kuala Lumpur

"staff is efficient"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Toronto. The staff is efficient, fast and friendly. The food is excellent. Korean air is my favorite one. Even the boarding is amazing.
RouteSeoul to Toronto

"Very sterile service"

Trip Verified | Seats were very nice and comfortable. Flight Attendants were very standoffish and didn't seem warm or happy with their jobs. Smiles were forced. I asked for the steak on the menu and was later told that there is no steak and I was offered seafood. I said I didn't want seafood and was given a steak, oh well. Very sterile service and nothing like Philippine Airlines, which is outstanding. Service did compare with Delta Air Lines, who I took on the last leg of my trip. I think Korean Air is overrated.
AircraftA330-300
RouteHonolulu to Narita

"Had a nice flight"

(Russian Federation)

Not Verified | Had a nice flight from Seoul Gimpo to Jeju Island and back with Korean Air. The planes were quite old, but neat and comfortable. Lots of legroom, many restrooms onboard. Good service both on the ground and in the air.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSeoul to Jeju
Date FlownNovember 2018

"The leg room was spacious"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Manila via Seoul. The check in process was seamless. I got the window seat that I wanted. The service provided by the crew was great. My 13-hour flight from LAX to ICN was so smooth that I got to sleep during the flight. The leg room was spacious which is very important for a long flight like this. The food was also delicious. Most Importantly, Korean Air allowed me to change my flight schedule without any fees. I had an awful experience with another airline when I tried to change my flight schedule but Korean Air did it without any hassle. I will definitely fly again with Korean Air.
AircraftA380-800
RouteLos Angeles to Manila via Seoul

"team were really kind"

Trip Verified | Really lovely team at Okayama who were so helpful and are a real credit to Korean Air. Thank you so much for all your help during our visit and in helping to sort out my luggage. The team were really kind and went beyond the call of duty.
RouteOkayama to Seoul
Date FlownOctober 2018

"make my two kids sit separately"

Trip Verified | I had booked on Korean Air on 14th October 2018 to fly from Los Angeles to Seoul and Seoul to Singapore with my family. I had web checked-in inside the airport at 2pm for 11.30pm flight and was shocked to see that the seats were allotted in separate 4 different places. Then, I tried to find three seats together and one seat in between another passenger. Don't they have some common sense that how can I make my two kids sit separately and my wife separately for 20 hours journey. So, immediately I had asked the staff at 8pm once boarding pass was started. She simply replied that she cannot give 4 seats together. Then, I contacted the manager, and I requested him at least speak to the passenger to shift the seat to the next seat. He did not even have the courtesy to try and speak to the passenger. He bluntly refused without an attempt. Then, I spoke to the passenger in between my seats and he immediately accepted to change his seats.
RouteLos Angeles to Singapore via Seoul
Date FlownOctober 2018

"the bad customer service"

(Maldives)

Trip Verified | My wife and I went to Incheon International Airport to do our check in, with more than 3 hours in advance and surprisingly, the gentleman on the counter told us that the only chance to seat together is on the middle seats on the combination 2-4-2. We asked how is that possible and he told us that most of the seats are reserved by travel agencies for honeymooners, then, they do seat separate? He said he cannot do anything. We looked for customer service from Korean Air on the new Terminal 2 but they don't have. Information told us to call to their call center. While waiting in from of the boarding gate, another couple were taking about they face same issue but they call their travel agency and after some complains Korean Air gave to then seats together. Lucky them! Once on board service was friendly, until on the second part of the flight, the route is Seoul-Colombo-Male, I asked one of the cabin crew if it is possible to get some instant noodles, he went to check and he said sorry we don't have, then my wife asked another cabin crew in Korean and she said sorry we don't serve on the second part of the flight because the flight is shorter. Excuse me, I am flying all the way from Seoul and you telling me I can have only on the first part of the trip even though you have it on the plane. Thank you Korean Air for the bad customer service.
RouteMalé to Seoul