Korean Air

"Had a nice flight"

(Russian Federation)

Not Verified | Had a nice flight from Seoul Gimpo to Jeju Island and back with Korean Air. The planes were quite old, but neat and comfortable. Lots of legroom, many restrooms onboard. Good service both on the ground and in the air.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSeoul to Jeju
Date FlownNovember 2018

"The leg room was spacious"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Manila via Seoul. The check in process was seamless. I got the window seat that I wanted. The service provided by the crew was great. My 13-hour flight from LAX to ICN was so smooth that I got to sleep during the flight. The leg room was spacious which is very important for a long flight like this. The food was also delicious. Most Importantly, Korean Air allowed me to change my flight schedule without any fees. I had an awful experience with another airline when I tried to change my flight schedule but Korean Air did it without any hassle. I will definitely fly again with Korean Air.
AircraftA380-800
RouteLos Angeles to Manila via Seoul

"team were really kind"

Trip Verified | Really lovely team at Okayama who were so helpful and are a real credit to Korean Air. Thank you so much for all your help during our visit and in helping to sort out my luggage. The team were really kind and went beyond the call of duty.
RouteOkayama to Seoul
Date FlownOctober 2018

"make my two kids sit separately"

Trip Verified | I had booked on Korean Air on 14th October 2018 to fly from Los Angeles to Seoul and Seoul to Singapore with my family. I had web checked-in inside the airport at 2pm for 11.30pm flight and was shocked to see that the seats were allotted in separate 4 different places. Then, I tried to find three seats together and one seat in between another passenger. Don't they have some common sense that how can I make my two kids sit separately and my wife separately for 20 hours journey. So, immediately I had asked the staff at 8pm once boarding pass was started. She simply replied that she cannot give 4 seats together. Then, I contacted the manager, and I requested him at least speak to the passenger to shift the seat to the next seat. He did not even have the courtesy to try and speak to the passenger. He bluntly refused without an attempt. Then, I spoke to the passenger in between my seats and he immediately accepted to change his seats.
RouteLos Angeles to Singapore via Seoul
Date FlownOctober 2018

"the bad customer service"

(Maldives)

Trip Verified | My wife and I went to Incheon International Airport to do our check in, with more than 3 hours in advance and surprisingly, the gentleman on the counter told us that the only chance to seat together is on the middle seats on the combination 2-4-2. We asked how is that possible and he told us that most of the seats are reserved by travel agencies for honeymooners, then, they do seat separate? He said he cannot do anything. We looked for customer service from Korean Air on the new Terminal 2 but they don't have. Information told us to call to their call center. While waiting in from of the boarding gate, another couple were taking about they face same issue but they call their travel agency and after some complains Korean Air gave to then seats together. Lucky them! Once on board service was friendly, until on the second part of the flight, the route is Seoul-Colombo-Male, I asked one of the cabin crew if it is possible to get some instant noodles, he went to check and he said sorry we don't have, then my wife asked another cabin crew in Korean and she said sorry we don't serve on the second part of the flight because the flight is shorter. Excuse me, I am flying all the way from Seoul and you telling me I can have only on the first part of the trip even though you have it on the plane. Thank you Korean Air for the bad customer service.
RouteMalé to Seoul
Date FlownOctober 2018

"worst flight I have experienced"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Dallas Ft Worth via Seoul. Absolutely, without a doubt the worst flight that I have experienced in the last 20 years. I am a pretty frequent flyer, and used to be a private pilot, so I make quite a few concessions as a customer for those reasons. Seat pitch was abysmal. I pretty much spent seven hours with my knees around my shoulders (I'm 6'4" tall) ended up getting the worst leg cramps because the seat-belt like was on for most of the flight, and we were told not to leave our seats. Plane was like a sauna. Really old A330 with no air vents available. It's bad enough doing long haul without having so sweat and then smell because of excessive heat and humidity as well. Cabin crew: This was unbelievable - a seven hour flight, in a hot aircraft, and the cabin crew sat down the back of the aircraft chatting away. Did not even serve any drinks, even a glass of OJ would have made me feel better. They finally decided to serve food and drinks five hours into a seven hour flight. How they get a rating of 8 out of 10 is beyond me.
AircraftA330-300
RouteDenpasar to Dallas Ft Worth via Seoul
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"a good experience"

Not Verified | Seoul Incheon to Bangkok, I can confidently say I would fly Korean Air again. The experience was a little better than other airlines economy class that I have flown international. They served food and it was fine. Not great, but fine. There were plenty of options, including vegetarian and Bibimbap. They also came around with water and juice quite frequently. Pitch was pretty decent size. Seat was comfortable. Entertainment was sufficient, including Korean dramas. The only downside was the plane was pretty old. Definitely the oldest plane I have been on in a while. Pushing 25 years with very little updates from if I had to guess. Oh, and no wifi available. Overall a good experience, not great, but slightly above average. I have to rank slightly lower for no wifi.
RouteSeoul to Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2018

"travel with Korean Air again"

Trip Verified | Taipei to San Francisco via Seoul Incheon. Very friendly crew, enjoyed my flight even with some delay at Incheon airport due to bad weather. The crew asked the passenger in the front to keep the chair straight during meals, which was very nice because when passengers ask each other, it doesn’t always work well. Will definitely travel with Korean Air again!
RouteTaipei to San Francisco via Incheon
Date FlownAugust 2018

"business class product is sub-par"

(Sierra Leone)

Trip Verified | Auckland to Seoul. I found a lot of the business class service systems of Korean Air quite odd; whilst the crew were polite and responsive, they are working within a set system that means their business class product is sub-par. For example, your menu - which includes the wine list - is taken off you immediately after departure, so you cannot refer back to it. This makes ordering wine particularly difficult. Another thing is that if you order the Korean meal options, then you are deprived of the additional food - such as a soup starter, and bread - that people ordering Western meal options receive. They are not even offered, and as a result, I was starving after my small bowl of rice porridge; I've never been left hungry after a meal, even in Economy class. There was no indication of what snacks were on offer; luckily I was sitting next to a frequent flier and he kept ordering interesting snacks and so I followed suit. On a 12 hour, day-time flight, during which two meals were served, there were only two 'drink runs' by the crew - and they were both during the second meal service. I had to constantly request a drink, and at one stage even went to the galley to see what types of wine were available. I really didn't like this approach to service; I much rather have the drinks offered, rather than have to proactively request for them. However, this seems to be the way they do things - you won't be offered anything beyond the bare minimum, but staff are happy to respond if you do request things. The IFE was poor - a very limited selection of main-stream movies, and little in the way of reading materials. The seat was comfortable, and the cabin was spotless - including the toilets which were regularly cleaned. So whilst the hard product was good, and the service was polite and efficient, I really felt it was a 'bare bones' service culture and therefore, I did not feel pampered or spoilt, as I usually do in Business class. It really felt they were trying to minimise costs by keeping the food and drink away from the public eye.
RouteAuckland to Seoul

"worst customer service"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Los Angeles via Seoul. Our problem started when an aircraft had an emergency in manila and we missed our connecting flight in Seoul to LAX. Korean Air staff did not bother to pull some strings to assist us in making the flight. We even did not have our own check in as business class!! Korean Air are on top of the worst customer service I have ever encountered.
RouteManila to Los Angeles via Seoul