Korean Air

"will fly Korean Air whenever possible"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Clark via Incheon. It is really a great flight even if I only had to pay about 630$ round trip going to the Philippines. It is not a direct flight but it is more comfortable than the usual direct flight airlines that I take to go home to the Philippines. Their trays on the seats are less slippery and food trays have a stopper underneath to prevent it from sliding while eating. They serve with silver wares instead of plastic ones. Their food is really good. I had Bibimbap for dinner. Their attendants are so attentive and helpful. We travelled with our toddler and he wanted to walk around the plane but if I stop him he cries. Whenever he cries, the attendants approach us and play with my baby and walk him around the plane. Provides toys and something to keep the child busy. They never sleep throughout the flight. The bathroom has sensor faucets you don't have to touch or press anything unlike in other airlines. Their sink has automatic flush so water goes down while using it and doesn’t clog. Every time I used the bathroom, I noticed the tissue paper was folded like it was not used. They maintain their bathrooms clean and neat. Very helpful ground attendants too. I had a problem with our schedule so when I booked, I didn’t book return for my US national hubby and baby but they helped me be able to still make it to the flight and when we arrived in Korea and PI, some agents came to assist us making sure there wouldn’t be any problems at the immigration. Truly satisfied! From now on I will see to it I will fly Korean Air whenever possible.
RouteSan Francisco to Clark via Incheon
Date FlownMarch 2020

"300 USD for cancelling"

Trip Verified | My family and I had a flight from Cebu to Dallas via Seoul on March 4, 2020 but due to the Corona Virus, we had to cancel. The customer service rep said they were going to charge us 300 USD for cancelling. I need more clarification about the refund process but I can't seem to connect to their US hotline. Sad. I love Korean Air. I always have a good experience with them but this really disappoints me.
RouteCebu to Dallas via Seoul
Date FlownDecember 2019

"On-time and friendly crew"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Atlanta via Seoul. On-time flight and friendly crew. All of our bags arrived safely at destination. We travelled with our 1 year old son, and with him in a carseat for the long-haul flight between KL and Seoul. The flight attendants wanted to see the airplane sticker on the seat but let us travel with it. We were in the cheap seats in the 3rd-to-last row in the back of the 747-8, in the middle. This airplane experiences a lot of yaw (side-to-side movement) during flight, so if you easily get airsick, I would not recommend sitting way in the back. There was not a ton of legroom but enough to not be uncomfortable. My butt got sore after a few hours in the seat, it is not well cushioned. You are provided with a pillow, blanket, and small amenity kit (cheap slippers and toothbrush). They provided us with 3 meals - a dinner, snack, and breakfast. The food was passable: they had chicken & rice, beef & rice, or beef & noodles on our flight. It came with a roll, dried pineapple and juice. They offer special meals for infants as well. There was no Wifi offered on this flight, and the inflight entertainment options were very few. There were some Korean movies and Western films but I only saw 2-3 movies I liked, which wasn't enough for a 12 hour flight. I've flown on the A350-900 on Delta on the way to KL, and there is a noticeable difference in the fatigue you feel afterwards. The 747-8 is large and spacious but doesn't pressurize as low as the A350, so you feel a lot more tired. Next time I'd definitely pick a 787 or A350 to go over the puddle.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Atlanta via Seoul
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"certain tickets cannot book seats in advance"

(China)

Trip Verified | A very full flight, as Korean has cancelled the daily flight on this route due to the virus. The crew did well trying to serve a meal and beverage service in 53 minutes. My only moan is that with Korean certain tickets cannot book seats in advance, I even went to the airport and was told no. With a virus around families need to sit together and not worry about being split up. Due to that attitude, my score reflects that.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteSeoul to Dalian
Date FlownFebruary 2020

" Service on plane was nice"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Ulaanbaatar via Seoul in 2017. The staff was helpful with me from the moment I purchased the ticket at the airport office through cash (couldn't do it online as I did not have a credit card). I flew both legs on wide-body aircraft so seating was spacious and comfy even though there're many passenger. Service on plane was nice, cabin crew was helpful and responsive. Gave me lots of snacks whenever asked, served Extra hot meals. Refreshment and drink was great. I love their ice-cream! It's a decent experience after all, I had to flight late time and long transit time however can't complain anything with the service! Very happy and I'd love to try another route to Korea or take their Trans - Pacific routes to the US/Canada. My flight was back in Dec 2017. Couldn't choose the time as it can't be backdated more than 1 year.
AircraftBoeing / 777 300 / 747 8i / A330-300
RouteKuala Lumpur to Ulaanbaatar via Seoul
Date FlownMarch 2017

"The food was excellent"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Seoul in business class. The seats are ok and good enough for a 2-2-2 configuration. The food was excellent, especially the Korean food that was served very authentically. English speaking of the cabin crew was not sufficient for an international flight. This should be improved to let the customer better communicate with the crew. Nevertheless cabin crew compensate that by high attention and very short response time. Infotainment was bad, choice of movies was very limited from the point of view of an European.
AircraftA330-200
RouteAmsterdam to Seoul
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"The service was amazing"

Not Verified | Bangkok to Vancouver via Seoul. First time flying with Korean Air and was quite pleased. The service was amazing. The flight attendants went above. It was a long haul flight and not one time did they lose their pleasantness. We were fed several times. Meals and drinks were included. Seat room was bigger than your usual economy seating. I will definitely be a returning customer.
RouteBangkok to Vancouver via Seoul
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"my mother was refused boarding"

Not Verified | Worse service ever. Booked my mother’s ticket from Fiji to London. Along the way Korean air stop operating from Fiji. I was just given flight from Sydney without a choice. I called them up saying that Sydney is a different country. Then I was given ticket from Nadi - Auckland - Seoul - London. On the day of the flight Korean air messes things up and my mother was refused boarding. We had to cancel the ticket and Korean air took USD 400 for the mess up they did. Their obligation was not fulfilled. Totally disgusting behaviour. Sent a feedback nothing happened.
RouteFiji to London via Seoul

Korean Air customer review

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Seoul. An excruciating experience with a flight crew that was horrible to me, an atrocious lounge in Seoul, and a plane that looks like it has not been updated. My buttons on this dated aircraft didn't work. Even the divider between seats couldn't work because the button didn't function. The inflight entertainment is the worst I have seen. You see many flight attendants in the business cabin, as soon as the plane took off, they shut the curtains and I rarely saw them again. Forget about beverage service - one attendant said Korean Air's policy is to inquire about sobriety with every third refill of their thimble-sized glasses. I've never seen such an absurd policy and they enforced this. My food was mediocre at best. The lounges at Incheon look like a mall food court, are totally packed, and seemed outdated.
AircraftA330-300
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Seoul

"professional and attentive"

Not Verified | We recently traveled to Bali and had a great trip. It was on the way home that we experienced the best ever experience of a crew member Junho, the the most professional and attentive flight attendant that I ever had. I am just amazed at an employee that takes this much pride in a job.
RouteDenpasar to Dallas via Seoul