Korean Air

"three seats to myself"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | My return leg back to Seoul was a red eye flight onboard a Boeing 787. Despite having three seats to myself, I was unable to catch any sleep. For the meal service, I chose the western beef option and it was just okay because it was too salty for my liking. Leg room was good and the IFE was a huge upgrade compared to what I usually experience when flying KE. There were a myriad of choices, primarily Western and Korean films and TV shows. I watched a few episodes of Friends. One notable thing that stood out on this flight was the degree of attention the cabin crew displayed by discerning which passengers needed immigrations cards for Korea based on citizenship so as to not disturb passengers in this late night flight. I was quite impressed by their attention to detail. Overall, I will definitely make KE my first pick for any travel to Korea if the price is competitive, which is seldom the case as they usually charge a premium.
RouteHong Kong to Seoul

"The meal was the star"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | The seat legroom, toilets, in-flight entertainment and cabin crew were good, not as excellent as advertised. The meal was the star of the flight. Chicken was juicy, well seasoned, perfectly accompanied by the sauce. Dessert was also quite nice.
RouteNew Chitose to Seoul Incheon

"Very disappointed"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | The aircraft on both legs were super old with all worn out interior. Flight attendants woke me up 3 times on long haul flight to offer the food and to ask me to put my seat to upright position during meal service. The food was ok. How come in 2024 there is no wifi connection on long haul flights? Entertainment system was really old as well with very small screens. Good Arline's use that on domestic or short haul flights, but not Korean air. Very disappointed. The tickets are so overpriced for what they provide.
RouteIstanbul to Sepoul Incheon
Date FlownMay 2024

"Such a big disappointment"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Very disappointed! The aircraft was old with legroom was a bit narrow. My personal screen was not working throughout the flight, could not watch movie or do anything else with it. Cabin crew was not attentive, they just did what they were assigned. One of the steward could not speak English, but only Korean, we had to slowly repeat what we would like to request but he kept speaking Korean to us. How come he was assigned to serve an international leg without speaking another language? Such a big disappointment.
AircraftA330-300
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Seoul Incheon
Date FlownMay 2024

"Cabin crew was professional"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified |   Flight was on time. The interior was a bit old though legroom was good. Cabin crew was professional, spoke English quite good. The food was tasty though no bibimbap or ice cream was served.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSeoul Gimpo to Tokyo Haneda
Date FlownMay 2024

"Thanks for good service"

Trip Verified | Crew named 위다혜 was the best cabin crew that I experienced with her cabin service. She was checking on me a few times during my trip since I was not feeling good with my stomach trouble. She even offered me a medicine to make me comfortable during my whole flight time. I deeply appreciate her for the best cabin service that I had experienced for many business trips. Thanks for good service from Korean air
RouteIncheon to Los Angeles
Date FlownApril 2024

"Another great journey"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Another great journey aboard KAL. Departure and arrival were both on time. Boarding was smooth and efficient. Seats were great and allowed for me to get a good 3 hours of sleep of the 5 hour journey. Crew were present and active throughout the entirety of the flight. Last, but not least was the impressive meal, which was bulgogi ssambbap. While inexpensive tickets are rare to find on KAL, they surely make your money count with the exceptional experience.
RouteSeoul to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2024

"such a good legroom"

Trip Verified |   It has been the first time since many years that I saw such a good legroom in economy. I am 1.85m tall and quiet a big guy. Flying overnight in economy is usually a pain but the seat configuration of the B777 of Korean Air was a relief. Instead of a 3-4-3 they have a 3-3-3 configuration which allows for decent space and legroom. The plane seemed to be quite old. This was a good thing in this case because it reminded me of the good old times when flying was still a pleasure. Food was good and plentiful. No over the top service of the cabin crew but nothing to complain as well. Entertainment system is a bit old but with reasonable selection of movies etc. Good experience at check in when they told me there is actually a real person at the counter where I can check in. I encourage people to support airlines which are not maximising the seat capacity and sacrificing passenger comfort.
RouteSingapore to Seoul
Date FlownMarch 2024

"more legroom in economy class"

Trip Verified | At least 4 inches more legroom in economy class than most other airlines I've flown. It makes such a big difference in terms of comfort and it's not something for which they charge more. With that much legroom, it doesn't matter if the passenger in front of you fully reclines. A lot of movie selections on the entertainment system and the food and service was good quality. However, I would recommend that if you are vegetarian that you place the meal request prior to flying because I saw two meal servings that had no non-meat options. The 14 hours of the flight went by faster than I expected.
RouteLos Angeles to Seoul
Date FlownJanuary 2024

“excellent service provided by crew”

Not Verified | During my travel from Seoul to New Delhi on Flight KE 497 on 2nd December 2023, I had a very pleasant experience due to excellent service provided by crew namely Choi, Kim and Yun. They made every effort to provide comfort by ensuring our requirement of special meals during the flight. Their smiling faces during service is commendable. I wish the crew a bright future in the airline.
AircraftA380 B787