Korean Air

"recommend the airline"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Incheon to Auckland. I’m impressed with the way cabin crew serve me with veg meal when I told her that I’m a veggie. Crew was friendly, great food and for the service I would recommend the airline in future.
RouteIncheon to Auckland
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"highly allergic to paint"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Seoul. Within the first hour of the 13 hour flight I experienced a chemical smell that has caused a severe asthma attack. I am highly allergic to paint, smoke, toxic fumes from new carpet and strong chemical cleaning agents. I fly a lot and it is the first time experiencing an asthma attack of this magnitude.
RouteLos Angeles to Seoul

"Worst international airline"

Trip Verified | Washington to Seoul. Worst international airline my wife and I have ever been on. We decided to choose Korean Air. I don't if it's only me but the seats feel smaller compare to other airline. The meals were okay, I would never give a bad review over the meals and seats size. Some staffs of the cabin crews were very unprofessional on handling there passenger, felt like they are talking down to their customer in economy class. Long story short, I do not recommend flying Korean Air, unless you have money for an upgrade.
RouteWashington to Seoul
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Next trip with Korean air"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Brisbane. I would like to comment on the high quality of service during the flight and especially mention one of the cabin crew who was most helpful (born professional) Thank you. Next trip with Korean air.
RouteSeoul to Brisbane
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"highly recommend Korean Air"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Seoul. My experience with Korean Air surpassed my expectations! The crew of flight KE 026 were kind, helpful, and very attentive. I highly recommend Korean Air to anyone who wants to have a great flight!
RouteSan Francisco to Seoul
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"the coldest airport staff"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Ho Chi Minh City. This is the coldest airport staff that I have ever met. Anyway aside from attitude, I have been flying with different airlines and usually they will let me check in my luggage as long as it does not exceed the weight limits. It happens that I brought along 2 small luggages this time. They only let me check in 1 luggage which weights less than 6kg (my entitlement is 23kg) and advise "have to pay for another one". I decided to hand carry the other luggage and ended up throwing away a few newly bought cosmetic as the airport guy does not let me bring to the plane. So I travelled all the way to Korea, pay for the goods and come back empty handed. Very good strategy the squeeze tourist money!
RouteSeoul to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownDecember 2018

"refused to even talk to me"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Seoul. Refused to sell ticket for lap infant after they sold me ticket. Wouldn't refund transfer, nothing. Extremely rude, hung up on me, lied to me. Said I had to buy from Delta even though it was a Korean Air flight. Delta tried to help but couldn't. Lost out on my money for flight from Anchorage to Mongolia and back. Tried to fly and solve things in person. Alaska Airlines let me fly with my baby but Korean air refused to even talk to me. Threatened to call security. They also closed the gate early and turned people away. I suspect that it was overbooked but they refused to say. Claimed our connecting flight was too late and blamed Alaskan Air.
RouteSeattle to Seoul
Date FlownNovember 2018

"hardware was very dated"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Seoul to Kuala Lumpur. New aircraft but hardware was very dated. Seat is true-flat but not comfortable. In partially reclined position it provides no armrests. Tray table is unsupported and slants when the when the food tray is placed on it. A laptop will gradually slide off unless constantly repositioned. Window seats in the upper deck are more spacious than aisles which are constricted by walls and offer zero storage space accessible from the seat. The partition between seats is just plain awkward. Barely enough space to balance a drink precariously without deploying the slanted table. Pillow and blanket are economy standard, and not appropriate for overnight flights. IFE is substandard with few choices. Service is mediocre, hampered by poor English. Attendants have their rote routine but cannot cope with anything spontaneous like a change of wine with main course, water refills out of the designated timeframe, or drinks outside of regular service times.They are very polite but this does not translate into effective service. Ground staff at the Prestige check-in desk lack even this basic politeness, again, possibly because of a lack of linguistic skills in English. Wine selection is excellent but food is quite simply the worst I've had in a premium cabin of a full service carrier.
AircraftBoeing 747-8i
RouteSeoul to Kuala Lumpur

"staff is efficient"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Toronto. The staff is efficient, fast and friendly. The food is excellent. Korean air is my favorite one. Even the boarding is amazing.
RouteSeoul to Toronto

"Very sterile service"

Trip Verified | Seats were very nice and comfortable. Flight Attendants were very standoffish and didn't seem warm or happy with their jobs. Smiles were forced. I asked for the steak on the menu and was later told that there is no steak and I was offered seafood. I said I didn't want seafood and was given a steak, oh well. Very sterile service and nothing like Philippine Airlines, which is outstanding. Service did compare with Delta Air Lines, who I took on the last leg of my trip. I think Korean Air is overrated.
AircraftA330-300