Korean Air

"happy enough with this flight"

Not Verified | Economy seat was wider compared with other airlines, legroom was bigger - the person sitting in front of me reclined her seat but it was tolerable. Food was excellent: they served bibimbap; scrambled eggs for breakfast were soft and fluffy (really nice). You can ask for snacks such as peanuts and instant noodles (Shin ramen, which can be too spicy for some people). As in most airlines, if you want soda, they do not give you the entire can, but they do give you an entire beer can though. The cabin was clean, and the flight attendants keep the toilets clean during the flight. Not too many choices of films and TV shows but it was not a deal-breaker for me; use your earphones (with one jack) instead of the usual scratchy headphones they give out in most airlines. KAL requires the use of face masks throughout the flight but does not announce this before you board - they should; they do provide face masks to those who did not bring any but it's less of a hassle if passengers knew this requirement during booking or at least during check-in. I was happy enough with this flight and will book with KAL in future.
RouteLondon to Manila via Incheon

"an impressive airline"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Just completed a flight from LA to Incheon and it was excellent. Korean Air's strong points are its catering, leg room in economy and in flight service. The bibimbbap I had was super good and you get to enjoy it on nice Korean Air silverware. There's also Shin ramen for those who would like to enjoy a mid flight snack. I also have to give a shout out to the hardworking cabin crew that were vigilant about anticipating pax needs and for defining great hospitality. This other point may not be all that relevant for most, but I found their inflight magazine to be top notch! Not riddled with useless advertisements and boring content, but with excellent editorial pictures of destinations and useful travel tips. Conversely, this is really minor, but compared to major global carriers, the lack of entertainment choices and Wi-Fi is the airlines weak point. Still got to watch a few good flicks though. Overall, an impressive airline where the 13 hours just flew by!
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteLos Angeles to Seoul
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"seated separately from my pregnant partner"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Non existent customer service. Had flight changed with misleading email titled seat change not flight change emails. Original flight was couple of hours layover in Incheon from Auckland, changed to 23 hour layover with no accommodation given just the lounge, seated separately from my pregnant partner on the flight, worse customer service. Better look for better airlines if you’re flying around Asia, better off with Air NZ or Singapore Air.
RouteAuckland to Cebu via Incheon
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Check in and boarding very organized"

Not Verified | Very good flight. Check in and boarding very organized and with a lot of courtesy by the crew. In flight services very efficient, with the crew making sure safety requirements were met by all passengers and high level of attention to provide meals and beverages. In particular I appreciated the services and help I received for some additional requests I had. I definitely recommend this airline.
RouteSeoul to Dallas
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Very poor customer service"

Not Verified | Very poor customer service. Inflexible refund policy of $400 to cancel due to surgery. Kept on hold over one hour. The service reps were polite but kept saying the exact same thing over and over - were obviously reading a script. Will fly Air Canada and deal with Air Canada staff.
RouteMontreal to Incheon via Vancouver
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Service was consistent!

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Service was consistent throughout the entire trip. Staff is kind at all times (ticketing, in-flight). The plane was nice and clean. They also served meal during this short trip.
RouteTokyo Haneda to Seoul Gimpo
Date FlownOctober 2022

"impressed with the spacious cabin"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Smooth efficient (and friendly) check-in. Was first time with them and was impressed with the spacious cabin and the good seat-pitch on this red-eye flight. Before landing generous breakfast was served. Very polite and friendly crew.
RouteSingapore to Seoul
Date FlownMay 2022

"never had an airline weigh my carry-ons"

Trip Verified | I flew with my girlfriend with 2 carry-ons and 2 checked bags each. We expected to pay $100 for each of our second checked bags because that's what the website says. However, we found out while checking the bags that they only allow 10kg per carry on bag. So we ended up having to pay and extra $200 each (on top of the expected $100 each) to check our second carry-on bags since they were both over 10kg. I have never had an airline weigh my carry-ons before. We gave them our credit cards and then once they checked our bags, they told us we had to go to a different counter to pick up our cards. We went there and proceeded to wait for 45 minutes while they tried to charge our cards. There was no one waiting in front of us. It literally took them 4 staff members and 45 minutes to swipe 2 credit cards. They finally told us they would waive one of the $200 charges. We gladly accepted this and left to board. I found out later that they did actually charge us that $200 even though they said they wouldn't. I called Korean Air customer support about this and they told me I had to call a different number because the flight was partnered with Delta. The woman told me the number would work even though I am international. I called that number and it didn't go through even though I used the correct country code. I know they blocked me because the same phone number still works from my girlfriend's phone. Absolutely horrible. The flight attendants woke my girlfriend up to tell her to raise her seat during meal time. They also woke me up to ask if I wanted a meal on our second flight which was only 3.5 hours. It was already half-way through the flight. Don't wake your passengers for such silly reasons. Falling asleep on a flight is already difficult enough.
RouteSan Francisco to Seoul
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Poor reducing customer service2

Trip Verified | No alcohol served to prevent spread of COVID. Yet duty free sales and gifts were fine. Items being given, credit cards and credit machines handled along with receipts. Poor reducing customer service using COVID as an excuse.
RouteJakarta to Seoul
Date FlownMay 2022

"great for a 1 hour flight"

(South Korea)

Not Verified | Seoul to Jeju. It was awesome. The check in area in Gimpo was busy as usual but crew were very nice and friendly. Seats were comfortable. There were separate entertainment screens but we could only use it on international flights. The flight was on schedule. Overall it was great for a 1 hour flight!
RouteSeoul to Jeju