Korean Air

"very bothering experience"

Trip Verified | Incheon to New York. I am a delta platinum medalion member so I am getting sky team elite plus status when I fly any skyteam. But quite a few Korean air staff are not aware of this. when I check in I'm eligible to use their business class counter but staff didn't know so I had to explain about this. Once they led me to morning calm counter (which belongs to their own membership system) and I'm not really morning calm member or anything. Yesterday when I was checking in, I knew I can check in three bags after checking allowance for sky team elite plus but they said I can check in only two bags then - when I ask them to double check they said I'm able to do so. It was very bothering experience every time I had to explain about their own system? They even promote their strong alliance with Delta airline everywhere.
RouteIncheon to New York
Date FlownJune 2019

"wouldn’t recommend it"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | I was flying on business from Chicago to Korea. With the flight attendants its like they ask you a question and before you can answer, they’re already suggesting something else. Mind you, the flight wasn’t full so there’s no reason why they should rush. What really annoyed was when they started serving coffee and desert, they asked me if I wanted coffee or tea, instead I asked for water. To my dismay, the stewardess answered me don’t you have a bottled water provided for in your seat? I told her, I was saving it for the longer part of the trip so I wouldn’t have to bother her! Aside from the very limited options Korean Air is just a piece of work. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.
RouteChicago to Seoul
Date FlownMay 2019

"Cabin staff attentive"

Trip Verified | Incheon to London Heathrow with Korean Air. Generally comfortable plane, given I'm 193cm. Felt I had just enough leg room. Food was good, with a choice between Korean and plainer options. Cabin staff attentive, polite and smiling throughout the flight. Was one of the best long-haul flights I've been on.
RouteIncheon to London Heathrow
Date FlownApril 2019

"attentive but not so friendly"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Seoul. Check in is quick, seats are pretty good the only thing is that headphones and blankets are not available in the seats so you need to ask for some. The cabin crew are attentive but not so friendly, onboard meals are excellent but few movie options.
RouteTokyo to Seoul
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Other than the heat it’s fabulous"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Brisbane via Seoul. We love flying Korean Air, we try use it whenever we fly, the service and comfort and quality is outstanding and especially love the new windows that darken instead of the window screens. I only have one issue, since when did aircrafts allow heaters and for it to get so hot. My last couple of flights with Korean air, I became very faint because the air control is just way too hot! I had to fan myself and ask for cold drinks and if they can change the air temperature. I saw one man fanning himself too and a lady with an automatic fan hand held fan fanning herself. This makes the flight extremely uncomfortable and a little embarrassing when it’s such a long haul flight and your sitting in your own sweat because the temperature is too warm. This should be looked into as the aircraft provides blankets for people to use, so people should be able to use them right? I have walked off the aircraft today so uncomfortable and sweaty and quite faint throughout the flight which is a major concern for myself and others. Other than the heat it’s fabulous.
RouteSan Francisco to Brisbane via Seoul
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Horrendous problem solving"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Sapporo to Phuket via Seoul. Horrendous problem solving by the Korean Air team. We were left to wait on on the plane for 3.5 hours due to engine failure and upon reaching Seoul they didn't come up with any viable solution to replace our missed Korean Air connecting flight! Their solution in the end is to downgrade us all from our original business class seating to economy. Even though my husband and I paid a Business class ticket we had upgraded our small children using points from a paid economy ticket to business tickets. So we have now lost half a day for extra travel time. Since they are now rerouting us via Hong Kong 2) Insulted by the KoreanAir team by their Lack of acknowledgement of their Screw up and Our right to proper seatings. Absolutely no proper compensation for our loss on Business class tickets and Morning Calm mileage points. It's most shocking and mind you we are traveling with our very patient but very exhausted 6 year old twins!
RouteSapporo to Phuket via Seoul
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"the most excellent crew "

Trip Verified | Honolulu to Incheon. I recently had the most excellent crew on a flight KEO54 on February 10, they were proactive and attentive throughout the flight, showing me to my seat, assisting with storing bags, bringing me drinks.
RouteHonolulu to Incheon

"recommend the airline"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Incheon to Auckland. I’m impressed with the way cabin crew serve me with veg meal when I told her that I’m a veggie. Crew was friendly, great food and for the service I would recommend the airline in future.
RouteIncheon to Auckland
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"highly allergic to paint"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Seoul. Within the first hour of the 13 hour flight I experienced a chemical smell that has caused a severe asthma attack. I am highly allergic to paint, smoke, toxic fumes from new carpet and strong chemical cleaning agents. I fly a lot and it is the first time experiencing an asthma attack of this magnitude.
RouteLos Angeles to Seoul

"Worst international airline"

Trip Verified | Washington to Seoul. Worst international airline my wife and I have ever been on. We decided to choose Korean Air. I don't if it's only me but the seats feel smaller compare to other airline. The meals were okay, I would never give a bad review over the meals and seats size. Some staffs of the cabin crews were very unprofessional on handling there passenger, felt like they are talking down to their customer in economy class. Long story short, I do not recommend flying Korean Air, unless you have money for an upgrade.
RouteWashington to Seoul