ITA Airways

"Staff was professional"

Trip Verified | The new Alitalia, but why change the name? Now they have to spend $50,000 to repaint each of their aeroplanes! Very pleasant flight. Staff was professional and the agents at Linate & Fuimicino were especially kind. I didn't have the proper face mask and was directed to a shop to purchase one. They sold me one, but it turned out to be the wrong kind (why would they sell a face mask that is useless on an aeroplane?), but the gate agent fished a proper one out of her purse and gave it to me - I am so happy to learn that there are still kind and gracious people in the world. Food was okay, entertainment was limited, seat was as usual uncomfortable for me (I have a bony behind and need more cushion), but all went smoothly. Interior of aeroplanes are very attractive. One very strange aspect - usually stewardesses disappear into the galley to gossip with each other and check their bidding sheets, but Alitalia has something novel - they have a canvas tent hanging over some oversize chairs for the inflight staff to hide themselves in. What will they think of next to avoid contact with the public? Have always been please with Alitalia not matter what they call themselves.
RouteMilan to New York via Rome
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"it was a good experience"

Trip Verified | This was part of a return trip from London to Catania and back. All was smooth and on time, arriving ahead of schedule. Unfortunately Alitalia lounges were shut and there weren't agreements with other lounges (including at Heathrow). Fast track was available though. An orange juice or water was offered on boarding and staff were generally friendly and helpful. There were a few lulls on the earlier flight from Heathrow but service was solid on the way back to London. A meal was offered with warm bread, a reasonable pasta dish, salad and tiramisu. I went for prosecco to drink and was offered several top ups. A limoncello was offered as well after the meal which was a nice touch. The aircraft was still in Alitalia guise though I could see the changes slowly happening on others in Milan. All was in reasonable condition with the interior. Whilst not up with some well known airlines, for me it was a good experience. Hopefully the airline can keep it up for others under the new name.
RouteCatania to Heathrow via Milan Linate
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Absolutely awful service"

Trip Verified | Absolutely awful service. Refusing to change booking without paying again the same amount or higher price. Refusing to refund tickets. Charges for pets in cabin are double the price of my ticket. Website says any changes are free but they don't care and still charges exuberant amounts. Disgraceful company.
RouteLondon to Rome
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"they still don’t reimburse me"

Trip Verified | Bought 7 tickets for a flight on October 24th 2021. Few weeks before our flight they sent me an email saying the flight is cancel and I should contact immediately the customer service which I did. Now few months have passed and they still don’t reimburse me. I have to call every week and every time there is differeNt answer. Its so stressful, if you have other option never take this airline.
RouteParis to Naples via Milan
Date FlownOctober 2021

"shame on you!"

Trip Verified | For a short break to Rome I chosed to buy 2 return tickets on the ITA Airways to show my interest in flying this new airline after Alitalia bankrupty. Wrong choice ! Due to the current evolution of the virus and as a proud member of a medical team involved in the COVID19 vaccination process, I've had to cancel this trip and I asked ITA for a full refund after I was invited to do so by a very friendly ITA Representative by phone back on Saturday DEC, 10. I did send to ITA proof of my duties as requested by the ITA agent. Then, 2 days later I've received 2 phone calls by ITA and their final answer to this request was : only taxes will be refunded. I've even asked for a voucher for future travel .. no way! By refusing to refund these tickets ITA clearly demonstrates his intention to make money on this dramatic crisis: shame on you!
RouteParis to Rome