ITA Airways

"my checked bag was damaged"

Trip Verified | I paid for extra legroom but they changed the type of aircraft on my outgoing leg from NYC to Rome and I ended up in a window seat with a chair that had a broken spring. On my return from Rome to NYC, my checked bag was damaged when the zipper was pulled off the large outer compartment section and contents were lost. ITA has not responded to emails with documentation of my ticket and my baggage property irregularity report. Because they did not respond within the 21 day period, my attempts at continued follow-up have been ignored.
RouteCatania to New York via Rome
Date FlownSeptember 2023

“It is very disappointing”

Not Verified | ITA Airways lost my luggage in route to Rome. I get that this sort of thing happens once in a while, but they took a very long time to get it back to me. I was forced to buy new clothes while on my trip, which is fine if they were to reimburse me, but they haven't. I have called and emailed them numerous times and they have not gotten back to me at all. It is very disappointing.
RouteAmsterdam, Netherlands to Rome, Italy
Date FlownJanuary 2024

“the worst customer service system”

Not Verified | This airline has the worst customer service system of any Flag carrier that I have ever flown! Calls are directed to Albania and the agents are rude and unhelpful. I had called to change my route from LAX-FCO-LAX and add a FCO-NAP leg on the outbound. They will not honor ANY of the SkyTeam partners FF programs. Our Delta Skymiles was rejected BC Delta (and none of the Skyteam airlines accepted this airline as a code share partner. The Google Flights was showing the total fare to be even lower than the original itinerary, but upon numerous tries, every LAZY agent told me that it would cost me-wait for it-$4000 more to book that itinerary! I will avoid this airline. Now to the Business Class cabin and service. The lounge was nice but mediocre. Bar staff were arrogant. Boarding was chaotic they had two doors open on the aircraft but were only boarding EVERY class passenger together through one door! When asked from FA, he said the first door was for catering supplies even though there was no such sign for any catering supply! The only positive was the BC cabin. It was a new aiplane and the seats and surroundings were large and comfortable. I will NOT fly this airline.
AircraftA350-900
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteLos Angeles (LAX) to Rome (FCO)
Date FlownAugust 2023

“total lack of professionalism”

Not Verified | Rome, 16th September 2022: boarding time was at 15:30 and departure was supposed to be at 16:05. We stood in the boarding corridor and every 15 minutes we were told that the boarding pass control was imminent. Two hours standing up and at the end we were told that the crew had difficulties to reach the airport. We arrived in Zürich when it was already night. Snack: a micro bag of peanuts (the alternative was a single biscuit) and a fake fruit juice (lots of water and preservatives: really disgusting!). But the most horrible thing was the total lack of professionalism and politeness, a lot of rudeness, antipathy, long face and incapacity of smiling of the stewardesses. Double standards in not returning a greeting to whom they were not considering important.
RouteRome to Zurich
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"One month later, and no refund"

(Lebanon)

Not Verified | My flight was cancelled and the company did not give me a proper alternative so I was entitled to a refund. One month later, and no refund. The ticket was over USD 1500 and, yet, no refund. I tried to reach them, nobody answers the email, the telephone does not work. Really bad customer service.
RouteBeirut to São Paulo
Date FlownDecember 2023

“staff gave us no concrete information”

Trip Verified | As usual on ITA which can't get away from the bad history of its predecessor, flight was over 2 hours late. Not even a cup of water I was offered. On boarding gate members of staff gave us no concrete information. Tried ITA help desk at the airport after announced long delay and for ZERO surprise there was NO ONE at the desk. ITA is just dreadful in a whole.
RouteRome to São Paulo
Date FlownJanuary 2024

“they lost my brothers luggage”

Not Verified | The staff was nice enough but on our return flight they lost my brothers luggage, this piece had all his gifts and clothing he brought with him, on a once in a lifetime trip. We have called emailed and was told to wait the 65 days for review. No one has contacted him we also get a person in Albania who states they are aware? Aware but what are they doing. It seems to be an internal problem? We would love for anyone to call back to make restitution no one contacts my Brother or his wife. We are making several complaints to the Department of transportation. I will never fly this airline or recommend to any one.
RouteNew York JFK to Catania via Rome
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"lost my suitcase for 2 days"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | They lost my suitcase for 2 days with all my belongings. They caused me expenses because I arrived in Italy on vacation and I had to buy toiletries, clothes, etc. They made me waste a lot of my vacation time and money. I have been demanding a refund of the money that belongs to me for 3 months and the airline does not respond to emails. The airline is a complete fraud. I also had a lot of problems with them at the airport.
RouteRome to Bologna
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"not have vegetarian meals on board"

Trip Verified | Very uncourteous staff for no reason at all. Does not have vegetarian meals on board. Please avoid it if possible. The reviews across the platforms reflect the same experience I had.
RouteDelhi to Boston via Rome
Date FlownJuly 2023

"no one has responded to my emails"

Trip Verified | They lost my bag and when you call their customer service line, they hang up on you. I was trying to fix my name in their system but it wouldn’t allow me to do so online, so I had to call where I was hung up on 5 times. I have sent emails asking for compensation and proof that my bag was delivered, but no one has responded to my emails in 3 months. Make sure to bring carry on only. They do not even deserve a 1 star review.
RouteFrankfurt to Rome