Interjet

"disgusted with this company"

Not Verified | I never even got the chance to fly Interjet. They changed my flight a month before my trip and I was unable to make that flight because it was not comparable at all. I purchased a flight from LAX to PV that was 3hrs long and they tried to offer me an 11hr flight and instead leaving the night before. There was no way I would take an 11hr flight over a 3hr flight, so I asked for a refund in May and I have yet to receive it. Every time I call the airline I get hung up on or transferred to another department. I am beyond disgusted with this company.
RouteLos Angeles to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownJune 2019

"don’t recommend them at all"

Not Verified | Back in March I purchased my vacation tickets for my whole family of 4. Two weeks before the date we supposed to fly they canceled our city of destination and times of flying, they didn’t left me with no options so we ended it up getting tickets with American Airlines (I should of done this since the first time in March) May 1st I started a claim for a my whole refund of $1,150. A month later I called them to see where was it or what was going on? And they told me that they need it my bank statement with all my personal information including the bank info to proceed with my refund! By this time I was really irritated already, because nobody but nobody contact me (email or phone) to tell me that, and it’s incredible the way they treat me, every call I make to them easily the wait it’s of 2 hours to more. It’s been 2 weeks that I send them my bank statement (which I really didn’t like the idea) and I called them yesterday and their answer to my question of “where my refund is”? Was: that the department of refunds haven’t process the refund yet and they don’t know the reason! I was like transfer me to that department or to a Supervisor, incredibly they told me that there’s no way that they can transfer me because there’s no filter to do that and that a supervisor was not available at the time! I don’t recommend them at all And I hope I get my money back.
RouteDallas to Aguascalientes
Date FlownNovember 2018

"experience was ridiculous"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to New York JFK. I would never recommend anyone to ever fly this airline. When booking the flight I understood this was a budget airline but the whole experience was ridiculous. They had ONE working bathroom the whole flight and it was disgusting! The flight attendants were rude and one even threatened to kick my father off the plane after mistaking him for someone else and she didn’t even apologize even after realizing they mistook him for someone else but I guess to them as long as you’re Indian we all look alike.
RouteMexico City to New York JFK
Date FlownJuly 2019

"never going with Interjet again"

Trip Verified | My family and I initially had a nonstop flight from Puerto Vallarta to Los Angeles. Two weeks before our trip I was notified that Interjet changed and cancelled all non-stop flights from PVR to LAX and they stuck us on another flight that had a layover in Mexico City of 1.5 hrs. Nightmare started when they first delayed our flight by an hour. Instead of 535 they told us 635pm. Ok fine... we may have made it. But then, they increased the layover by an hour and a half. We didn't leave until 815pm. By that time they told me verbatim that the connecting flight to LAX would not leave without us because there was 40 people om the same flight. Fast forward to Mexico City. Get off the plane and they left. We are now stuck at the airport in Mexico city at 11:35 pm and they won't compensate a hotel, they did offer a food credit but we are now stuck on a flight at 0715 the next morning. We are having to sleep in an airport. They told me I could go to a hotel (20 minutes away) pay for it myself and then get reimbursed by them but , I now have to check in at 415 am (4 hrs from now) , would have to pay for a taxi there and back and for what? I am never going with Interjet again!!
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Los Angeles via Mexico City
Date FlownJune 2019

"shoddy bus version of an airline"

Not Verified | Interjet is the shoddy bus version of an airline. Firstly, as many other reviewers have said, two of my flights were cancelled without any sort of communication from Interjet. It took to me calling them and only then I discovered they were cancelled! The staff members do not have the professionalism or aptitude for their jobs. I almost missed two of my flights and in both situations there was a complete lack of urgency and care from the employees. At my connecting flight I was told, “relax americano”, when I only had 20 minutes to make my flight. It took to me cutting a line and running the entire length of CDMX to make my flight. I had no issues once on the flights but the attitude from all the staff left me with tremendous unease. Also one glass of water for a 5 hour flight?
RouteCancun to New York via Mexico City

"my worst experience"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Dallas. Flying in interjet was my worst experience, they made me lose my flight by not providing the correct information and refused to give me a refund, and worst of all they lost my luggage and can’t recover it, Customer service takes around an hour for them to answer the phone. Igot no help from anyone and they still want me to drive back and they do nothing but wast my time. I recommend any other airline where customer service actually cares for the customer.
RouteMexico City to Dallas

"Don't fly Interjet"

Trip Verified | Tuxtla Gutierrez to Mexico City. Booked this flight as American 8294, knowing it was operated by code share partner, but thought that meant as a Platinum AA member that I'd at least have an advocate in the case of problems. No!Flight into MEX was delayed as plane had to divert to Acapulco to refuel and missed our connection. Took 4 hours for Interjet to get us boarding passes for flight the next day and they never told us where our luggage was. Thanks to kind and trusting security agent we did get luggage retrieved. Had to overnight in airport hotel @$275. Applied to travel insurer for compensation, not to Interjet. All I need from Interjet is confirmation that flight was delayed 2 hours. It has been 6 weeks and they won't even respond. Emails say "we are glad to help you, under review". Phone is never answered. I've sent email requests once a week for over 2 months. AA told me they can't help me as it was an Interjet flight. They take no responsibility for their code share partner, even to communicate with them. Don't fly Interjet and don't think booking with a code share partner will get you any service from American.
RouteTuxtla Gutierrez to Mexico City
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"trying to get refund for over a month"

Not Verified | Was notified that direct flight from Los Angeles to Puerto Vallarta on May 6 was being delayed by more than 12 hours supposed to leave at 9:40 am arrive in PVR at 3 pm. New flight leaving at 11:30 pm from LAX landing in Mexico City at 3 am on 3/7/19, then leaving for Puerto Vallarta after 10 am on 10/7/19. Meaning I was losing who day of vacation, lodging, transportation, etc. Ended up booking another flight, and have been trying to get refund for over a month with no luck.
RouteLos Angeles to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownMay 2019

"still haven’t gotten a refund"

Not Verified | I booked my flight months before my travel date. Interjet calls to tell my flight has been canceled and I will get a refund and this was a month before my flight I said okay. It is June 3 and I still haven’t gotten a refund. Spoke to so many people and everyone is useless. Long waiting time and never getting my money back.
RouteNew York to Los Cabos

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Tuxtla via Mexico City. Worst experience ever, never taking this airline again. I had a flight out of LAX at 23:20 which was cancelled within the hour. That of course meant I was losing my connecting flight from MEX to TGZ. Now I had a layover which was twice as long as before and meant that I would miss a day of my vacation plus pre-arranged airport transport. We board the connecting flight and after a few mins we are told there are issues with the door and that they have to deplane the first 4 rows of passengers, and we were in the first row of course! To make this review short, we arrived at our final destination after over 24 hrs of travel and I lost a day. I have reached out to their customer service department and still have not heard from them, I plan to never take this airline again.
RouteLos Angeles to Tuxtla via Mexico City