Interjet

"forced me to take a credit"

Trip Verified | Waiting 7 months for my refund. I asked them to move my flight and they tried to charge me an extra 200 USD for a cheaper flight. They never changed my flight and forced me to take a credit. Still waiting for my refund, they do not respond to your emails, I have emailed them every week for 7 months now you do the math. They do not respond.
RouteLos Angeles to Cartagena via Mexico City
Date FlownMarch 2020

"routes and schedules became lesser and lesser"

Trip Verified | We were supposed to fly to Mexico City, then to Acapulco. Due to the travel restrictions between both countries, we had to keep postponing our vacation. We kept postponing until we were finally decided to go. By then, Interjet's routes and schedules became lesser and lesser. It will take 2 extra stops just to get to Mexico City, that is normally about a 3.5 hour flight. And also, there's no more flights to Acapulco. Through Expedia, and I don't know how Expedia found out that Interjet don't refund. And also, all Interjet's 1-800 toll free numbers no longer work.
RouteTijuana to Acapulco via Mexico City
Date FlownApril 2020

"impossible to communicate with interjet"

Trip Verified | It is absolutely impossible to have an answer to our questions. Have been left in the void. Our flights have been scheduled on July 20, 2020. I am trying to communicate with e dream who eyx sends me a letter saying that the company concerned was in procedure or to worry that I would receive an email with the voucher. We are in November I have not received anything. And impossible to communicate with interjet. C'est absolument impossible d avoir une reponse a nos questions. Ont est laisse dans le néant. Nos vols ont ete cencellé ke 20 juillet 2020. J'essaie de communiquer avec *e dream* qui eyx m envoie une lettre disant que la compagnie interjet était en pricedure dene oas m inquièter que je recevrais un mail avec le * voucher* . Nous sommes en novembre je n ai rien reçu. Et impossible communiquer avec interjet.
RouteMontreal to San Jose via Mexico City
Date FlownJuly 2020

"has been the worst airline to respond to the COVID 19 pandemic"

Not Verified | Interjet has been the worst airline to respond to the COVID 19 pandemic. They lack transparency, communication, and the very restrictive voucher process does nothing to help or alleviate any customer concern. I would never recommend this airline to anyone. I will never even consider flying Interjet again! They have lost a customer. My family of 5 have lost thousands of dollars that we will probably never recuperate because they do not answer their phones or reply to email. Do not fly with them. You can tell a lot how companies value their customers and this company does not with how they have managed their response to COVID.
RouteNew York JFK to Mexico City
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Give a voucher but impossible to book another flight"

Not Verified | Give a voucher but impossible to book another flight with them, they don't fly anymore and they don't even pick up the phone. Basically you can be sure to loose your money. My flight was cancelled because of Covid, they gave me a voucher but the expiration date of the voucher was only 4 months after the date of the flight and they don't offer any flights anymore so it's an unusable voucher. I tried so many times to call them, they never pick-up the phone. I did not have this problem with other airlines, for example I was able to exchange my flight for a voucher without an expiration date with Air Canada just in writing my booking number even though I did not even buy my flight on their website but on flighthub. Apparently even for the employees of flighthub it's impossible for them to reach the airline to fix the problem. It's such a rip off, you are not allowed to give a voucher with a stupid expiration date if you don't even offer a possible replacement service before the expiration date.
RouteMontreal to Lima via Cancun
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"this airline should now be avoided at all costs"

Not Verified | Interjet was fine prior to Covid-19, but this airline should now be avoided at all costs. The airline has been issuing vouchers for future travel, but with a very restrictive timeframe (must be flown by June 30, 2021) and vouchers must be redeemed before October 30, or they expire. Interjet has suspended all international flights since March, but continued selling non-refundable flights for international destinations on its website well into the summer of 2020. That should be illegal! I bought a flight from Mexico City to Havana in May, 2020 on the assumption that the airline had resumed international service, and was informed only 3 days before that the flight had been cancelled. I have some other Interjet vouchers as well, but Interjet is currently flying a few routes within Mexico, and that's it. Interjet is screwing over its passengers with this unrealistic timeline to use the voucher with very limited options within Mexico only.
RouteHouston to Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2019

"One of the worst airlines"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | I and my wife, the first time I was going to fly ever. I had flights booked from Cancun to Havana via Interjet website. Interjet cancelled our flights because of COVID-19. They did not send a voucher or any information e-mail. I have been calling Interjet all week from Turkey and no answer at all. One of the worst airlines ever I have seen
RouteCancun to Havana
Date FlownMay 2020

"the flight was cancelled"

Trip Verified | This was the first time I was going to fly ever. I bought tickets for my boyfriend and I to see my dying grandmother one last time and I wasn't ever informed that my flight was changed at first, then cancelled! My boyfriend and I were at the airport waiting for the plane before asking someone why Interjet wasn't coming up on the screen. after being told there were not Interjet flights I called Interjet and they confirmed that the flight was cancelled. I was shocked and had to scramble to get home and figure out what to do. Both my boyfriend and I have been calling multiple times daily and at first I got an answer, now it sounds like they have the phone off the hook! I've been waiting for a response to emails and calls. Never ever going though them or recommending ever!
RouteChicago to Mexico City
Date FlownAugust 2020

"been calling Interjet all week"

Trip Verified | My trip is scheduled for 9/7 and the airline sent me a schedule change for a date that passed months ago 5/25/20, I got the email of the change on 8/25/20. I originally booked this flight with Priceline but due to Covid I ended up having to make adjustments directly with the airline Interjet. I called Priceline to see if they could help me with the email received from Interjet and they informed me my flight was canceled but I would need to work directly with Interjet as they are not able to help me. I have been calling Interjet all week and no answer at all. I am stuck!
RouteCUN to DFW
Date FlownAugust 2020

"voucher isn't even valid for a year"

Trip Verified | Awful - I had flights booked from London to Mexico City with BA at the end of June, then flights the next day from Mexico City to Havana. BA cancelled my flights to Mexico and I was able to obtain a full refund. Interjet cancelled my flights to Havana and the first I heard of it was an email saying "We have a voucher for you". The voucher isn't even valid for a year from my cancelled flight, and there is no way I can use it as I can't get to Mexico from London again before expiry. I explained this to two different Interjet agents via email and asked for either an extension of the voucher to two years so that I can actually use it, or a refund of the cost of my cancelled flight. I was told the voucher is already generous and they didn't have to do anything because Covid-19 is out of their control. My bank also tried to obtain the refund and was told it was rejected by Interjet (really helpful). I now have a claim open with my travel insurance film. I never managed to fly with Interjet and now there's no chance I ever will.
RouteMexico City to Havana via Mexico City