Interjet

"Never will I use them again "

Trip Verified | My flight from San Antonio to Mexico City was canceled with this airline on Jan 13/2020 supposedly due to bad weather. This is what they said so that they didn’t have to compensate any passengers. It was canceled around 7ish. They said we had to go back to the ticket counter to see what we needed to do. Waited in that line from the time they canceled to almost 11:00 p . Just to find I only had two options call customer service for a refund or take another flight on 01/14 at 8:00 pm at night. I waited hours to hear that. They had no clue what they were doing they had maybe 3 people working basically to tell you oh well. I called customer service only to be told at first no supervisor spoke English. I called in the morning to ask not for a refund but for some type of credit for a future flight. I was told absolutely not. They said I should’ve bought the insurance they offered. I’m now out that money and more because I bought another ticket with a different airline for a lot earlier flight. These people don’t care how much money you spend with them or how many times you’ve used them. They don’t belong operating in the United States. They are slow and unprofessional. Never will I use them again and for anyone reading this good luck.
RouteSan Antonio to Mexico City
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"worst airline we have ever flown"

Trip Verified | We booked non-stop roundtrip flights from San Francisco to Cancun for December 21, 2019 to January 4, 2020 way back in February 2019. When we went online December 20 to see about check-in we saw that they had put us on an overnight flight December 24 with 2 stops and a huge layover and changed our return to the same thing a day later than we needed to return. They had us missing 3 days of vacation & Christmas & also missing work on our return. We were never informed of these changes. We spent hours on the phone, getting passed around, cut off & getting no help that night & the next day. We had to book very expensive flights on another airline to get there in time for our hotel reservations, etc. We had to keep the flights coming back & it was a total nightmare. An 8 hour overnight layover in Mexico City just to get as far as Guadalajara. It took 18 hours altogether to get back & we both had to miss work. I believe they are running a scam advertising very good flights at a reasonable cost & then "canceling" the flights and putting customers on these terrible ones that no one would purchase on purpose. Also nonexistent customer service at the airport as well as by telephone and online. Definitely the worst airline we have ever flown.
RouteSan Franciso to Cancun
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"What a bad experience"

Not Verified | Calgary to Mexico City. I wanted to change my returning flight because by mistake I chose the wrong date (1 day earlier) and they asked me to pay 150$ USD to change my flight when the ticket cost me 250$ USD. Freaking thieves. What a bad experience.
RouteCalgary to Mexico City
Date FlownDecember 2019

"worst customer service ever"

Trip Verified | This has to be the worst airline. In Puerto Vallarta we had the very first InterJet flight out. Was it on time? Nope! Over 1 hour late and all they had to do was bring it to the ramp for boarding. The person checking people in was not even there until 10 minutes before boarding. We arrive at Mexico City at 10:20. Our next flight is at 8:30pm. But there is a flight at 12:20pm to Leon and were told by the counter there is 40 available seats and to come back at 12pm and they will put us on the earlier flight. We go back at 12pm and there is a mob of people about ready to riot. They were supposed to leave to Cancun on InterJet at 10am and 2 hours later nobody said a word to them and it turns out the pilot couldn't be bothered to come to work so they were screwed and turned away with no resolve. With all of that they asked if we could just go to the gate of the earlier flight and they would take care of us. Now that flight is late and the darn thing is sitting in the gate already. Turns out it was the very plane we flew in on. The lady did not arrive to check people into the plane until 1 minute before boarding. All the while the sign says it is on time and eventually left 45 minutes late for a plane that was already there and waiting with no people on it. My wife talked to the employee and she said NO. Them said if she did that then the numbers would be messed up and what about the late flight we would have been on? Really? So she walked away from us and pulled back the ramp. She left her screen up showing seating. There were at least 17 available seats that I could tell on her screen. After us there was one person with a boarding pass for the flights and she said she didn't have him in the system and told him to leave. Funny thing about that. We started in Puerto working in the earlier flight and the lady at the counter printed boarding passes for us because she didn't show us in the system even though we had the electronic passes literally on the InterJet app. This airline has the absolute worst customer service ever.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to León via México City
Date FlownDecember 2019

"still fighting to have my refund"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Medellin via Cancun. I've booked a flight to Medellin with Interjet and they decided to cancel my flight for no reason without advising me. I asked for a full refund which they said would be processed and it has been almost two months and still nothing. They've been giving me the run around this whole time plus they don't hold themself accountable for their actions.They are the most incompetent and unprofessional company I've ever known. I'm still fighting to have my refund.
RouteMontreal to Medellin via Cancun
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Worst airline I ever flew"

Trip Verified | Lima to Leon via Mexico City. Worst airline I ever flew. They send me an email one day before my flight which stated that I was rebooked on a flight 7 hours later than I originally booked. Therefore I had to wait for 12 hours at my connection airport and the only compensation they gave me was a food coupon worth 7€ which could only be used at 3 restaurants of which 2 were closed. I send an email to the customer service to request a refund or compensation but considering the reviews here, I'm pretty sure they wont give anything. Never again with this airline. Avoid it by all costs please.
AircraftA320 neo
RouteLima to Leon via Mexico City

"Shocking customer service"

Not Verified | Mexico to Oaxaca. Shocking customer service. My flight was cancelled so I was put on a much later flight, when I tried to contact the airline via email and phone many times over 3 days I eventually went to the airport to make the change in person. I stood in line for over an hour as I needed to wait for the passengers to board their plane as another flight had been cancelled. I spoke to a representative in the queue who was not at all helpful and suggested I return in 4 hours. In the end I booked another flight with Volaris and will think twice about booking with Interjet again. Holidays are too short and too much valued to waste so much time on such matters.
RouteMexico to Oaxaca

"gutted and disappointed"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Los Angeles. Be careful with this airline. I have a Samsonite suitcase that had been used twice prior to this trip and in perfect condition. In Mexico, we requested a fragile sticker and still had one from the previous flight. Our suitcase was 3 kgs under the weight limit. On arrival in LAX we waited for some time, we then were called to the office as my case had been damaged. The whole case was bent, trolly handles don’t move, wheels don’t roll, material rubbed and frayed inside items were smashed and once home I realised the inside frame was bent and exposing the bits and pieces that hold the case together. It cannot be used again. I read on there website that they are liable and figured a part payment or compensation would be offered. We travelled by Qantas who compensated a damaged suitcase years ago, no trouble and done within 14 working days (it dropped from a plane and was badly damaged). Damaged Baggage: If your baggage is damaged after the flight, we will be liable for the damage incurred. The best thing to do is to report the damage to the Lost & Found office as soon as you collect it. In most airports, the Lost & Found office is located in the baggage reclaim area. Costs are only assumed if the damage has been confirmed in the report. In Mexico, these compensations are governed by the Civil Aviation Law, while in our international destinations are based on the Montreal Convention. In any case, both the airport where you registered the damage and our Customer Care Center, will answer any questions you may have. Generic Emails back and forth for a month, asking for more photos when we had already sent them and their own staff were there when we opened the case and signed all the paperwork, honestly the worst experience, they were never going payout and by the attitude of staff in LAX and through the customer service centre (I have spent hours ringing them) I think they have never paid out a cent. Reading reviews online, it seems like many people have had similar experiences. I am gutted and disappointed and we will not be flying Interjet or recommending this airline to anyone.
RouteMexico City to Los Angeles

"Not helpful at all"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Cancun via Mexico City with Interjet. Not good. Cancelled the direct flight, offered to re-book us via Mexico City adding about four hours travel time. The flight to Mexico City was delayed an hour and no time was made up to catch our connection. Nor was any effort made to get us to our connection or rebook us on another flight which have could have been done while we were in the air. The desk wasn't really interested and seemed indifferent and had a lot of people on the same flight to rebook to Cancun. Not helpful at all and only one person who kept getting called away could rebook the flight. They delayed us another six hours and offered nothing else to keep us occupied for these hours. In summary, if you want a flight somewhat resembling the flight you initially booked don't flight with Interjet haha. Enjoy another airline that will help keep your holiday on schedule.
RouteVancouver to Cancun via Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2019

"worst possible customer service"

Trip Verified | I flew with my daughter and 3 year old grandson from Houston to Mexico City. the flight was delayed 3 hours. Very hard when you travel with a toddler. My daughter and grandson flew back to Houston with Interjet within a week. Again, flight was delayed for several hours. My return was scheduled for November 19, 2019. For medical reasons, I had to reschedule my return and called Interjet "listed" numbers --none of them work-- and when I was finally able to reach a working number, I was held on the line, after listening for over 30 minutes to their "non-stop deals": the line disconnected. This happened every day, a week prior to my scheduled return. Finally, my daughter placed a three-way telephone conference call from Houston to Mexico City to Interjet. This time, we continued to listen to their incessant deals for 40 minutes ... again, call dropped. I was unable to reschedule a flight back home at a later date and I was not able to show up at the airport. What for? I could not travel on November 19 and neither was I able to speak to a representative to explain my situation. Consequently, I assume I lost my ticket and will have to buy another one? However,my only option was to send an email to Interjet, prior to my departure, to document in writing my daily failed attempts to reach them, my frustration, waste of time, and worst possible customer service.
RouteHouston to Mexico City