Interjet

"they don’t do refunds"

Not Verified | I called a month ago about our flights being cancelled. Was told to call back no later then July 1st to change flight dates at no cost. Called back that date and they told me I had to pay $2150 More then what I already paid. Asked agent to speak with a supervisor and she refuse to let me talk on one for about 30 minutes stating that my call wasn’t important enough for that. Finally talked to supervisor and told me that i still needed to pay and that they don’t do refunds so if I want to use my already paid tickets I need to pay evermore then the original tickets. Do not recommend anyone buying from them.
RouteDallas to Guadalajara
Date FlownJuly 2020

"this company is not reliable"

Not Verified | I booked a flight for June 23, 2020 for me, my wife and my son with Interjet in September 2019 via Expedia. Throughout the covid crisis I checked with Expedia if the flight was still valid and I was answered in the affirmative. On June 20, 2020 I called Interjet and I was informed for the first time that the flight was canceled by them and I was suggested to contact Expedia for the terms of cancellation and compensation However after verification, no message from the cancellation was not sent to me by Expedia or Interjet. So as far as I'm concerned, I still haven't been notified in writing. If I cancel my Expedia flight on my own I advise that I will have a credit valid only until March 31, 2019 with no option to transfer the passenger's name. I am always ready to travel and I dispute that Interjet deprives me of my right to travel and only offers me credit with the most restrictive conditions. I therefore contest the actions of Interjet and claim my right to receive the service for which I paid a high price. Personally I believe that this company is not reliable, solid, credible and all it wants is to appropriate the funds without delivering the goods. I have my doubts about its viability after the crisis. J’ai reserve un vol pour le 23 juin 2020 pour moi, mon épouse et mon fils avec Interjet en Septembre 2019 via l’agence Expedia. Tout au long de la cries du covid j’ai verifie auprès de Expedia si le vol etait toujours valide et on me répondait par l’affirmative. Le 20 juin 2020 j ai appelé Interjet et on m’ a signifié pour la première fois que le vol était annulé par eux et on m’a suggéré de contacter Expédia pour les modalités d’annulation et les indemnités Cependant après vérification, aucun message d’annulation ne m’a été envoyé ni par Expédia ni par Interjet. Donc en ce qui me concerne je n’ai toujours pas été avisé par écrit. Si j’annule par moi -meme mon vol Expedia j’avise que j’aurais un crédit valable seulement jusqu’au 31 mars 2019 sans option de transférer le nom du passager. Je suis toujours prêt à voyager et je conteste que la société Interjet me prive de mon droit de voyager et m’offre uniquement un crédit avec des conditions des plus restrictives. Je conteste donc les gestes de Interjet et réclame mon droit de recevoir la prestation pour laquelle j’ai payé un fort prix. Personellement je crois que cette société n’est pas fiable, solide, crédible et tout ce qu’elle veut est de s’approprier les fonds sans livrer la marchandise. J’ai mes doutes sur sa viabilité après la crise.
RouteMontreal to Cancun
Date FlownJune 2020

"airline can’t be trusted"

Not Verified | Worst customer service ever! Save your money and fly with another airline or completely lose your money with InterJet. I have a Cancun trip for July, InterJet changed my return time before COVID19 then again in April and then again today June 15th. They won’t issue a refund (Insurance was purchased). I should’ve done my research before booking, found out that the airline is close to being bankrupt. After speaking to Expedia which by the way say they can’t do anything, the airline wants to issue a voucher. The airline can’t be trusted!
RouteTijuana to Cancun via Mexico
Date FlownJune 2020

"denied our request to process a refund"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Oaxaca via Mexico City. My fiance and family had booked a flight (with trip insurance) for our wedding which was going to happen in Mexico. We showed up at the airport ready to go and they told us the flight was cancelled. We didn't receive any phone calls, emails, or texts about the flight being cancelled but just the airport told us when we got there. The next day we were on the phone arguing for about 2 hours and then we were told we would receive a full refund in 8-10 weeks for the cancelled flight. Now we received an email that Interjet denied our request to process a refund for the "non-refundable ticket(s) since it does not meet the current refund exception policy." I am just frustrated by the lack of communication with the cancelled flight, the back and forth conflicting information regarding the refund, the useless trip insurance, and paying over $1500 USD to Interjet for doing absolutely nothing.
RouteChicago to Oaxaca via Mexico City
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Terrible business practices"

Not Verified | My flight was supposed to be June 1st. Due to COVID-19, Lima has closed their borders as well as the airport we were supposed to land in. Interjet refused to refund money or cancel the non-existent flight, so that they will be off the hook for any financial compensation. Their actions are illegal and repeated attempts to speak with their agents have been completely useless. They insisted that flights will be running as usual. Terrible business practices, completely criminal the way they are hoarding money in a global pandemic.
RouteChicago to Lima

"Absolutely horrendous"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Lima via Mexico City. Absolutely horrendous. Cannot physically fly to Lima due to the lockdown from Covid-19, and I was given expirable credits that I cannot physically use to book flights due to the lockdown. Customer Service department told me that this was best option they could give us, when it is just a rip off. Since we can't even use it if we wanted to. So my flight is nonexistent, and so is my money.
RouteVancouver to Lima via Mexico City
Date FlownMay 2020

"This airline is the worst"

Trip Verified | This airline is the worst I have ever used and I will never be flying with them again because of how I have been treated during Coronavirus. I have been on hold with them for 5 hours in sum total, simply trying to talk to someone to find out what my options are. I have a flight with them for May 27th that has not been canceled, despite the fact that Viva Aerobus cancelled my flight from New York to Mexico because they care about their customers. Viva got back to me in all of 5 minutes and refunded my flight. Again, I will not even be in Mexico and have been told a refund is not an option, but no one will give me more information. Again, never use Interjet! When I finally got through, no one said anything on the line and they hung up on me. After an hour on hold. They will never be getting another peso of my money, and they shouldn’t get yours either.
RouteNew York (JFK) to Mexico City
Date FlownMay 2020

"One of the worst airlines ever!"

Trip Verified | New York to Cancún via Mexico City. One of the worst airlines ever! Save yourself some trouble by not booking with this flight. My family and I were supposed to fly to Cancun this month (May 21st), but because of COVID-19 we can't. We called in March (when it first broke out) asking for a refund because of the unprecendented circumstances and Interjet refused, saying that "the pandemic isn't that serious". I was shocked and horrified. Then, in April, we got an email saying that our flight time got changed. But because I booked a connection-flight, it was physically impossible for me to make it to the connecting flight. I've been calling Interjet ever since and it's now May 4th. I would wait an hour+ on the phone while being put on hold. Someone would pick up, not say anything and just hang up. This happened multiple times. Worst customer service I've ever experiences. I know that they just want my money and don't want to give me a refund.
RouteNew York to Cancún via Mexico City

"I highly regret it"

Trip Verified | This is by far the worst decision I’ve ever made in terms of booking, and I highly regret it. With COVID-19 going on, they had 0 sympathy in giving back credit for a flight that we didn’t cancel on our own. Our only option was to change our flight and keep them as our airline. When trying to book another flight with them, the only available options were for me to make it to my destination a day later than our rescheduled event (my sister’s wedding), same for my return flight. I even tried to book flights a day early, and a day later just to make up for messes up flight schedule, and still had to pay a rebooking fee. A complete waste of an airline. Save your money please and book with a well known airline. Esta es, con mucho, la peor decisión que he tomado en términos de reserva, y lamento mucho. Con COVID-19 en marcha, tenían 0 simpatías al devolver el crédito por un vuelo que no cancelamos por nuestra cuenta. Nuestra única opción era cambiar nuestro vuelo y mantenerlos como nuestra aerolínea. Al intentar reservar otro vuelo con ellos, las únicas opciones disponibles eran que llegara a mi destino un día después de nuestro evento reprogramado (la boda de mi hermana), lo mismo para mi vuelo de regreso. Incluso intenté reservar vuelos un día antes, y un día después solo para compensar los horarios de vuelos desordenados, y todavía tuve que pagar una tarifa de cambio de reserva. Un desperdicio completo de una aerolínea. Ahorre su dinero por favor y reserve con una aerolínea conocida.
RouteHouston to Cancun via Mexico City
Date FlownMay 2020

"Do not buy with this airline"

Not Verified | Do not buy with this airline, it is the worst. My flight was this month but I wanted to cancel it due to the pandemic (corona virus) call wait more than 59 minutes I was hung up more than once and again to call the same way they answered me and left me on line waiting since I am waiting two hours and nothing. This airline does not want to return the money for cancellation without counting that you buy flight insurance. I want to change the date and they have not made it easy for you to have to wait, they hang you up and again they leave you in line waiting. Do not buy here. No compren es esta aerolínea , es lo peor . Mi vuelo era este mes pero lo quería cancelar por la pandemia (corona virus) llame espere más de 59 minutos me colgaron más de una vez y otra vez a llamar igual me contestaban y me dejaron en línea esperando ya voy dos horas esperando y nada . Esta aerolínea no quiere devolver el dinero por cancelación sin contar que compre aseguranza de vuelo . Quiero cambiar la fecha y no te la hasen fácil te hasen esperar , te cuelgan y otra vez te dejan en línea esperando . No compren con aqui