Interjet

"horrible customer service"

Not Verified | Montreal to Cancun. It was my first time booking with this airline. The plane was nice and the service on board was ok. During my trip, I got a notification they had canceled my return flight so I, therefore, began to call them to book a new return flight. I spent hours on hold and wasn't able to reach anyone. We finally paid and booked a return flight with another company. Once I returned home I called them everyday and spent hours on hold. When I finally reach someone they kept transferring me back and forth to different employees. None who could help me since they never transferred me to the right department. I will never book with them again and please take my advice its not worth it. They have horrible customer service!
RouteMontreal to Cancun
Date FlownMarch 2020

"cancelled and no refund"

Trip Verified | My flight was affected by COVID-19. First of all I did not leave UK due to a lock down. Then I could not use Interjet, because I did not get to Mexico. Mexico and Cuba closed borders too. The flight was cancelled and no refund, because INTERJET airline differ customers! If you bought a ticket on the offer like me you are worse class, therefore you can not receive a full refund, no matter what. I would add that their customer services are rude and improfessional. The ticketing department do not speak English.
RouteCancun to Havana
Date FlownApril 2020

"Never fly Interjet again"

(Turkey)

Not Verified | El Salvador to Cancun via Mexico City. I had a flight from Cancun to Istanbul by Turkish Airlines to catch on March 23rd. So I bought an Interjet ticket, El Salvador to Cancun on March 18 to catch my flight. But after the Covid-19 El Salvador closed the borders so I was not able to go there from Nicaragua to catch my flight. Also Turkish Airlines offered full refund or date change or open ticket or route change for free. Upon calling Interjet several times and having waited hours on the phone they didn’t accept to refund me and forced me to change my flight to a different date and made me pay $35 more as price difference even though the new ticket was less than what I paid before. When I asked the agent, he told me “buying and changing is different, don’t expect the same prices” Even while changing the date they had so many blackouts I had to buy the new ticket for the 31st of March, not a preferred date in order to avoid more price difference and few dates were left after blackouts. Then Interjet canceled all of their international flights due to travel restrictions. I was in Nicaragua and couldn’t go to El Salvador anyway because of the closed borders and was looking for alternative options to reach my country. So I called the Interjet customer service again spending hours on the phone. They told me that I need to call a different number that I could never reach. So, I sent an e-mail to the customer service explaining my situation but no reply received for almost a week. Then today tried to call the customer service several times again waiting over half an hour each time and losing connections or making me wait and never answer the phone again. Eventually I was able to talk to an agent. They offered no refund, no open ticket, no credit, no route change. Just date change with paying price difference for a flight I’m not able to take. They also told me that I will lose all my rights over the ticket if I don’t make the changes 24h before the supposed-flight. So “either pay more money for this ticket to change the date (already their prices are higher than usual) or forget your money” That’s what they offered. When I told the agent that it is illegal as they have canceled the flight themselves and legally had to refund she said it’s not a cancellation because of a mechanical problem in the plane and they didn’t have any responsibility as an airline. After a fruitless discussion, she wanted me to stay on hold. But after waiting for more than 1 hour I was disconnected. Final word: Never fly Interjet again.
RouteEl Salvador to Cancun via Mexico City
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Interjet is terrible service"

(Mexico)

Not Verified | Mexico City to Dallas. I was on the phone for 3-4 hours they was not any single person how can help to make any changes to get the flight fixed. I recommend people don’t buy any flights with this airline, Interjet is terrible service and they don’t care about anything else, just there money. Hope people really don’t buy tickets with them.
RouteMexico City to Dallas
Date FlownApril 2019

"extreme lack of customer service is pathetic"

Puerto Vallarta to Mexico City. Due to the coronavirus, we were forced to cancel our trip to Mexico and as a result had to cancel all of our flights. Please, do not waste your time with this company as their extreme lack of customer service is pathetic. Our other airlines were great in offering refunds but Interjet failed miserably at even picking up the phone or answering several emails. Let me tell you that sitting on the phone waiting for someone to pick up for hours is not how I would like to be spending my evenings. All they want is to your money. Again, do not waste your time with this airline, just take your business elsewhere.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Mexico City
Date FlownMarch 2020

"proposed date change, no refund"

Not Verified | My flight was canceled due to the Covid-19. Customer service only proposed date change, no refund. And when I try to be comprehensive, and I asked to change the date, I have only until my purchase date +1 year, (=8 months in my case) which didn't work for me. As I can't use this ticket before that limited date, their answer was: we can't do anything for you, it's our politic. I regret I chose Interjet, a cheap company with not only cheap service but no flexibility during a worldwide crisis when all other airline companies show much more flexibility with their usual conditions to make sure they keep their customer satisfied. As a result, both my girlfriend and I lost 400 USD. I strongly recommend avoiding this company.
RouteMontreal to Cancun
Date FlownMarch 2020

"a terrible experience with Interjet"

(Mexico)

Not Verified | We had a terrible experience with Interjet. Similar to several other’s ones, without any notification, our flight was canceled and we were told this just at their airport counter in the morning of departing date when we arrived for check in. We even checked their status the night before and it’s schedule had shown on time, however following morning we found at airport that their flights had been all canceled for the day, not just our booked flight, so they just gave us an option for following day’s flight, and gave us some customer services numbers to call for any additional requests because they said they cannot make any other changes at the counter, nor have any physical sales office to walk in, so we ended up buying another tickets with other more reliable airline and kept calling Interjet for refund but no one picked up and responded. It was then next day someone finally picked up our call after hundreds of attempts and waiting hours, then they told they cannot refund because airport counter service should have given us available options which could be different flight, different route, or different dates. So we asked based on their policy they won’t refund even they canceled all the flight for the day and if they just gave us so called “option” even at a different date, which could be even a week after from our booked date, they won’t give us refund ? They said yes... this is insane. We will never ever use Interjet and suggest anyone not to travel with them.
RouteMexico City to Cancun

"they never answer"

Not Verified | Guadalajara to Las Vegas. 27th March 2020 I booked a trip to Guadalajara from Las Vegas on March 1st, 2020. Leaving Las Vegas on March 28th 2020. And due to availability, I had to book with Interjet for my way back home. I had booked a flight from Guadalajara to Las Vegas to fly out on the 2nd of April of 2020. I have been trying to reach Interjet, and they never answer their phone. Due to the Corona Virus, I was advised by my primary physician not to travel outside of the US, I been calling Interjet to change it and they never answer. I went online to change my flight to another date and they referred me to customer service to change it. Interjet will not let us change our date or cancel our flight. I have been calling several times and they never answer. The call gets disconnected within a few seconds. This is frustrating.
RouteGuadalajara to Las Vegas
Date FlownNovember 2019

"would not provide a refund"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Guadalajara. Absolutely horrible response to the coronavirus situation. Interjet cancelled my flights and would not provide a refund, only allowing to change flights to other dates with more expensive fares. A customer should not have to pay more money to change a flight that was cancelled. All of their other competitors offered refunds or travel credit for flights cancelled due to the coronavirus but Interjet prefers to just take people's money. I am now losing $370 USD / $8500 MXN for these cancelled flights. Keep in mind that they normally offer refunds for cancelled flights but not for any flights that were cancelled due to COVID-19. What greedy, pathetic scammers taking advantage of a world pandemic to line their pockets. I used to fly Interjet often but will NEVER book a flight with Interjet again. Too many other airlines out there flying the same routes to ever choose a company as inconsiderate and criminal as this one.
RouteSan Francisco to Guadalajara
Date FlownMarch 2020

"provided me with nothing"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight to Mexico City from Toronto, scheduled to be flying on 27/03/2020 00:35Hr. However, when I checked the Interjet.com, there was an important announcement saying that all international flights are cancelled from March 24th, 2020. So the problem is, first, I did not even get any notification on the cancellation for my flight so I could have just packed and gone to the airport only to realize that the flight is cancelled. So I emailed the company about it and never got any responses. Secondly, when I called them to get my ticket refunded or change the date, they did not answer any of my calls and instead there was an automatic message saying that the customer service is not available. Thirdly, I tried to change the date using their website, but it just freezes every-time I press confirm at the end. I emailed them again about this situation and they still did not get back. In a nutshell, they cancelled my flight without even telling me, not answering my phone calls to all of their customer service numbers, and their web site is frozen when I try to use the "date change" function from the website. They don't even reply to any of my emails. It just looks like the company just decided to do nothing about the current situation. They simply just took my money and provided me with nothing. This is just so shameful to watch how they do the business.
RouteToronto to Mexico City