Interjet

"mean, nasty and unpleasant"

Trip Verified | Medellin to Mexico City. This was my first Interjet flight. The only good news is the flight was on time and we landed safely. On the negative side I can honestly say I have never seen a crew on any airline so mean, nasty and unpleasant. I'm a 60 year old guy and asked for some water late in the flight. The flight attendant snapped at me and said no, we have no water. They did not distribute landing cards before landing. I had to ask for them as I left the flight. They gave me one of the two required. I saw them in customs and called them out on all of this - their mean nasty attitudes, unwillingness to pass out customs forms. I don't need to be abused by these people. If it was my company, they all would be fired already for their lack of professionalism and disgraceful behavior. Amazingly when I walked them out on their nastiness they agreed with me and acknowledged it. Also, their website is disingenuous - they talk about wifi connectivity video screens, audio all on 'some' flights. There is zippo. Unfortunately my return flight is in Interjet but I will never fly them again and could not recommend.
RouteMedellin to Mexico City
Date FlownAugust 2019

"some of my valuables were gone"

Trip Verified | Puerto Vallarta to via Dallas via Mexico City. I payed for my luggage to be taken from Puerto Vallarta directly to Dallas so I wouldn’t have to be carrying it around but little did I think that this would’ve happened. So when I got to the airport in Dallas tx I noticed my bag was opened as if someone went looking through it and when I got home and started putting up my things I noticed some of my valuables were gone. I called the airline but they said that I couldn’t do anything cause I didn’t report it at the Dallas airport but who would’ve thought they could steal from you at an airport.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to via Dallas via Mexico City
Date FlownAugust 2019

"a plane with cheap seats"

Not Verified | So my plane had been scheduled for 4.15pm, however it got delayed, no problem we weren’t in a hurry. It gets rescheduled for 6pm. We wait till 6pm and get in the plane. For the next 2 hours we take 2 circles around JFK. After we get back to where we started they tell us that they have a “mechanical problem”. Now at this point I’m pretty mad since they made us sit down for 2 hours. They reschedule it for 11. We wait till 11 and they say they are unable to fix the problem so they will try to get us another plane so we can get on with our trip. They say however that they confirm that it will be at 1245. Now everyone waiting is furious as would anyone since we waited so long and the fact that most of us have been in the airport for now 10 hours waiting for the plane. We then get another plane and instead of giving us a decent plane for all the trouble they cause us, they gave us a plane with cheap seats. All they did for us that whole time was give us soda and chips to make up for it which is why I’m giving the rating a 1/10 and not a 0/10.
RouteNew York to Mexico City
Date FlownAugust 2019

"feels more like a cheap bus company"

(Colombia)

Trip Verified | Bogota to Las Vegas via Mexico City. I usually use low cost airlines already knowing their limitations, but this one exceeds every possible (negative) expectation, it is truly a nightmare. They do not have web checkin for most of their international hubs (including Bogotá - yes, in 2019), so be ready for a 2 hour line to check in, even if you only have carry on. The line in Bogota was so ridiculous across the terminal that everybody was just shocked. My two flights were delayed (Bogota-Mexico City; Mexico City-Las Vegas) using the good old technique of delaying, delaying, delaying not to cancel the flight and leaving passengers all night in the terminal with no food or accommodation. In Mexico City the situation was the most ridiculous I have ever seen in all those years of flying: the flight departed with more than 2 hours delay but in the TVs showing the status the departing hour had been changed so it would show "On Time". I thought I was crazy, but no, when inside the plane the pilot even apologised for the delay, so Interjet just used some nasty tricks at Mexico City airport. Maybe to Interjet standards that is not that absurd, considering how many reviews describe employees of the company asking for bribes. The boarding was absolutely chaotic: the gate was changed and the flight departed from the same gate where another flight was already boarding. There was a mix of lines with Interjet staff just screaming the destinations as they were not properly indicated on the screens. When inside the plane, my seat was 28C but to my surprise (and to some others 'lucky' few), the last row of the plane was 26. They told us to stay in the back close to the bathroom and made us wait, wait, wait until boarding was complete. Then we were approached by a woman who clearly hated her job who started screaming how many of us were travelling alone. The ones who were alone were pushed to a seat and a group of 6 apparently had to leave the plane. One guy said he had bought an aisle seat and the woman just told him to call the airline and complain. Security-wise, it is also the worst I have ever seen. During the boarding process, staff of the airline and of maintenance were leaning on the engine of the plane, completely careless about any security standard. The crew had no control of the passengers and didn't care if people were just walking around during take-off and landing. The airport and plane staff is clearly overworked and unhappy. It is absolutely nothing similar to other low costs such as Spirit or Norwegian, where you receive limited but efficient service. Interjet feels more like a cheap bus company that decided to become an airline. One positive aspect: legroom is higher than the average; probably they just left the sets of the original old used planes they bought to save money. Please spend some extra money and don't fly with them.
RouteBogota to Las Vegas via Mexico City
Date FlownJuly 2019

"disgusted with this airline"

Trip Verified | Cancun to San Francisco. I am insulted and disgusted with this airline. Delayed once, twice, three times thus far this evening and they have the audacity to tell us it’s because they have no crew.
RouteCancun to San Francisco
Date FlownJuly 2019

"They are the worst airline!"

Trip Verified | They are the worst airline! I will never fly interjet again. Let me begin by saying we paid for a straight flight but a week later they change the flight There was a 2 hour layover coming and going. They lost our checked bags going from JFK to Mexico city to Mexico Cancun even after we asked multiple interjet staff If we need to pick the luggage up and register it again. So there we were in Cancun on our honeymoon with no clothes for 2 days straight. When we called we could not get anyone who spoke English and when we finally did he told us it's only been 48 hours and then once the bag was found they wanted us to come pick it up or pay them to drop it off. After a lot of back and forth they agreed to bring us our bag at no charge. On the way home from our trip Cancun to Mexico City, and Mexico City to JFK we were told that we needed to go get our bags so we did. When we got down stairs we were told by a different staff that the bags are carrying over. Because we had went down stairs like we were told to we were not allowed back up stairs and had to go through a long line of security again. We did not know where we were going so we asked a interjet staff representative. They helped us get to our destination then asked us for money. The guy said my time is money and told us to get him some money out of the atm. We gave him nothing and kept walking.
RouteNew York JFK to Mexico city
Date FlownJuly 2019

"not yet received a refund"

(Israel)

Not Verified | I have not yet received a refund for a canceled flight I ordered a flight in February and the flight was canceled by the company in May and since then they have not answered the phone / email. And when you can get them on the phone after 50 minutes waiting, not every representative can speak English and really do not communicate well and transfer you from one representative to another and tell you to call a phone number that is exactly the number you called. You really have to beware of them like fire and not order them tickets, do not order directly through them and not through a travel agent. They have no service after you paid. More than two months after canceling the flight and the card because of their problem has not yet received the full refund. It's a pity that taking money they know how to take quickly but when they have to make a full refund they are delayed. They should be erased from the airlines that sell tickets.
RouteMexico to New York
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"still waiting for my refund"

Trip Verified | Having bought a ticket, making plans according to the itinerary agreed with Interjet Airlines, having to cancel due to the fact that 2 weeks prior to flying Interjet Airlines made a change of wait in my stop in Mexico City extending from 2 hours to 6, sabotaging my hotel reservation and meeting with the rest of the family. Having to comply with providing 'Bank Information', submitting front and back copies of the bank card I used to pay my ticket! I had to purchase another ticket and was promised by Interjet Airlines to refund my money! After numerous emails, 5 phone calls, I'm still waiting for my refund already 2 months into this fraud.
RouteHouston to Mexico City
Date FlownJune 2019

"still waiting for my refund"

Not Verified | I bought a ticket to fly from Houston to Ixtapa on a family retreat. Made the hotel reservation according to the itinerary agreed with the airline. 2 weeks prior to the scheduled flight, Interjet made changes to my stop in Mexico City that instead of waiting 2 hours would be extended to 6 hours which would sabotage my schedule plans! I cancelled the trip and bought another ticket with a different airline that suited perfectly. Internet in accordance with consumers rights agreed to make a refund my money! After numerous e-mails and 4 phone contacts to 4 different representatives with every time averaging a waiting time that exceeds an hour, besides complying with their demand of submitting front and back copies of the card used to purchase the ticket, they also demand the bank name and account number. I'm still waiting for my refund!
RouteHouston to Ixtapa via Mexico City
Date FlownMay 2019

"disgusted with this company"

Not Verified | I never even got the chance to fly Interjet. They changed my flight a month before my trip and I was unable to make that flight because it was not comparable at all. I purchased a flight from LAX to PV that was 3hrs long and they tried to offer me an 11hr flight and instead leaving the night before. There was no way I would take an 11hr flight over a 3hr flight, so I asked for a refund in May and I have yet to receive it. Every time I call the airline I get hung up on or transferred to another department. I am beyond disgusted with this company.
RouteLos Angeles to Puerto Vallarta