Interjet

"customer service is horrible "

Trip Verified | Chicago to Guadalajara. Their customer service is horrible and they are hungry for money. We were informed that the policy is that we can change or cancel the fly and save our money if we call before the flight a few hours before the flight my elder grandmother lost her passport at the last minute and we were on the phone for 7 hours trying to come in contact with them they kept telling us that they were too busy and that we were and hold their website says 24 hours this is not true and the next thing when I tried to call they told us that our flight was lost and that they were going to keep our money this is horrible and I spoke to many people and they kept telling me the same thing and I told them that this was wrong what they were doing and that they shouldn't advertise that they're website is 24 hours and that we can call before the flight if they're not available. We even went to the airport and staff was unprofessional, mocking our situation and when I asked her name, she says "your problems are not my fault".
RouteChicago to Guadalajara
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"We would fly you again"

Trip Verified | México City to Puerto Vallarta. After reading reviews I was a little concerned about this flight. Checkin at México City Airport was seamless with an agent that spoke excellent English as my wife and I do not speak Spanish. The airline allows a generous 25 kg of checked luggage and 10kg of take on luggage per person at no extra cost. The Delta flight to Mexico City from New York charged USD30 per checked bag and we paid for Comfort plus seats which offered a few inches more leg room than regular economy. The biggest surprise was entering the cabin a very new aircraft with the most room in economy I have encountered in years and years. I fly a lot for work in Australia and Qantas should look at this airlines seat configuration as it sets what I believe is a gold standard of what economy should be, not like being cramped in like battery hens. The flight was smooth and fast the crew friendly and the service offered for a low cost airline at no additional cost for a short 59 minute flight consisting of drink and snack more than adequate. Bravo Interjet We would fly you again.
RouteMéxico City to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"the poorest in both services"

Not Verified | San José to Montreal. The only thing I can say about this airline is they are the poorest in both services, In condition of the airplane and customer service, I am using different airline more than 7 times a year business related going to different countries and am able to book my seat online 24 hrs ahead of time but interjet is the only airline they technically shove the seats in to their passengers without them knowing it and then when you try to change it to another normal seat, not even business or first class they charge you for that. They won't give you this chance to choose your seat at the desk in the airport or online prior to flight. It seems that it is their way of getting money just by booking randomly and rubbing people if they need to seat next to their loved ones or to change it to another regular economy class seat. In the customer service department, they are so rude and they just repeating like a parrot without giving any solution that it is airline policy yes this is their policy to rub you so be aware.
RouteSan José to Montreal
Date FlownAugust 2019

"does not care about customer service"

Trip Verified | I can’t believe how run down and disgusting this airplane both going from Las Vegas to Guadalajara and returning Guadalajara to Las Vegas. I thought that it was a fluke that the airplane was damaged going, but returning it was the same. Broken seats, broken trays, torn or ripped seats. The lavatories do not have paper towels, toilet paper, or Kleenex, when I asked the flight attendant she said “sorry”, but then again that was going and returning. This is their standard operating procedure, how sad. Once in flight the attendants are handing out hot soda and when asked for ice, they ask “do you have a thermos”? When I told her no, she handed me 3 ice cubes in a plastic cup and was upset. Interjet is cheap , and certainly does not care about customer service or integrity within the airline community.
RouteLas Vegas to Guadalajara
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Terrible service. Terrible company."

Not Verified | Vancouver to Costa Rica via Mexico City. My trip is booked for October 28th. I booked my flight and paid for all of my hotels in Costa Rica. Then interjet bumped my flights 3 months after the booking so I have two 25 hour layovers in Mexico City (1 each way) and I get back to Vancouver too late to take a ferry. That’s 3 extra nights of hotels than the original budget called for. Interjet and flighthub have sent me back and forth all day, refusing to take any responsibility for the increased costs. Interjet has put me on hold to “speak to a manager” and then hung up 3 times. 5 hours on hold and maybe 30 minutes actually talking to useless agents and no resolution. The “Canadian” agents are all ESL so they can’t understand the problem half of the time. What a joke. Terrible service. Terrible company. And I haven’t even flown with them yet.
RouteVancouver to Costa Rica via Mexico City
Date FlownAugust 2019

"never use Interjet again"

Trip Verified | This airline is the worst, all flights were delayed for about 3 hours and also Eunice one the airline's desk helper in Mexico DF was disrespectful and rude she also said that she had the power to stop us to take our flight back to USA. I will never use Interjet again.
RouteMexico City to Cancun
Date FlownJuly 2019

"they have completely been ignoring me"

Trip Verified | After standing at baggage claim for an hour, Interjet informed us that they intentionally left many suitcases in another country and that they would give us paperwork to fill out in order to send the luggage to wherever our final destination/home. This resulted in many of us missing connecting flights. After 12 hours stuck in an airport, having to buy and book my own flight out after they refused to do it for me. It was not until 16 days later that I was notified that they are sending my suitcase to a city over two hours away from. During this entire process, they have completely been ignoring me and refusing to send me any of the compensation forms for the numerous expenses that began to accumulate due to Interjet. I have traveled the world, on numerous airlines and worked with hundreds of various customer services and Interjet is by far, the worst customer service I have ever received. It has now been nearly a month and I have consistently been contacting them regarding these compensation forms and they have been nothing but silent. I will ensure that no friend, family, stranger or anyone I meet will ever even consider flying with an airlines like Interjet.
RouteMexico City to Lima
Date FlownJuly 2019

"they make promises but don't deliver"

Not Verified | This airline was by far the worst experience I've had with any business. To set the record straight, we didn't actually fly with them, we were scheduled to fly back from Leon Mexico to LAX in June but in May they called and cancelled our flight, They offered a flight alternative that would have taken over 12 hours to get home at nearly 1.00 am in the morning, We are seniors and I knew my husband wasn't up to this schedule so I requested a refund. After about 15 minutes of discussion, they finally agreed. Well here it is almost September and I still haven't received my money. I've called five times, three of them being on hold for over one hour and sent countless emails and they make promises but don't deliver. I've had to send my banking information twice so I know that's not the problem. Please travelers do yourself a favor and read their reviews before you book, I sure wish I had!
RouteLeon, Mexico to Los Angeles
Date FlownJune 2019

"not acceptable and very unprofessional"

Trip Verified | We arrived yesterday at 11:30 pm (08/18/2019) at JFK airport with a delayed flight from Mexico city (interjet 2992). After customs, we arrived at the luggage carousel around 12:30am. One of our luggage was missing so we looked for a representative from Interjet to file the report. We waited for 1:30 but no representative was present. We asked for help from other company representatives and the arrival carousel bag manager confirmed us that the one Interjet representatvie has left long ago and suggested to call them. We called and were told that it was too late and to try to call again tomorrow morning. This morning, after several unsuccessful calls, we were told to go back to the airport. I finally went back to JFK where no representative was present. Once again other company reps had to help us. I waited 3h+ for the next arrival flight from Interjet and finally stumbled upon a random Interjet hostess. I strongly beleive that this is not acceptable and very unprofessional. It is their responsibility to take care of any lost luggage. As no representative was around (purposely or not) it was impossible for us to file any report at any point.
RouteCancun to JFK via Mexico City
Date FlownAugust 2019

"mean, nasty and unpleasant"

Trip Verified | Medellin to Mexico City. This was my first Interjet flight. The only good news is the flight was on time and we landed safely. On the negative side I can honestly say I have never seen a crew on any airline so mean, nasty and unpleasant. I'm a 60 year old guy and asked for some water late in the flight. The flight attendant snapped at me and said no, we have no water. They did not distribute landing cards before landing. I had to ask for them as I left the flight. They gave me one of the two required. I saw them in customs and called them out on all of this - their mean nasty attitudes, unwillingness to pass out customs forms. I don't need to be abused by these people. If it was my company, they all would be fired already for their lack of professionalism and disgraceful behavior. Amazingly when I walked them out on their nastiness they agreed with me and acknowledged it. Also, their website is disingenuous - they talk about wifi connectivity video screens, audio all on 'some' flights. There is zippo. Unfortunately my return flight is in Interjet but I will never fly them again and could not recommend.
RouteMedellin to Mexico City