Interjet

"charged us twice for a flight"

Not Verified | Interjet charged us twice for a flight in October. We booked and paid for the flight in April. When we arrived at the airport in October to check into our flight we were told by the desk agent that the original credit card didn’t go through. We provided proof that the flight had already been paid for but were told by the desk agent there was nothing he could do. “We should repay for the flight and contact customer service to be refunded” He then provided us with an incorrect phone number for customer service. It has been over a month and we have had no response to our emails and customer service keeps transferring us to the sales department every time we describe our issue to them over the phone. After looking on this site and seeing many emails describing the same experience I would issue a strong warning to anyone flying with this company. We have contacted Transportation Canada, the consumer protection agency to report this extortion.
RouteVancouver to Cancun

"airline is unorganized"

Not Verified | The worst airline experience. I'm currently writing this review at Mexico City airport due to this incompetent company. We arrived well in advance for our connecting flight and then received an email 1 hour before our flight stating the flight would be boarding an hour later than originally scheduled. We get to our gate 50 minutes before our new boarding time and the flight took off as originally scheduled, unlike the email we received. When we spoke to staff about getting a new flight the guy was rude and offensive, basically blaming us for missing the flight and suggested that we don't drink before flights next time. We did not miss our flight due to the one beer we had, we missed the flight because this airline is unorganized and has no decency or any sense of customer service.
RouteOaxaca City to Mexico City

"worst travelling experience"

Trip Verified | I bought a ticket for a flight from Montreal to Mexico City on October 25th at 10h25 pm and a return ticket from Mexico city to cancun at 11h00 am with ransfer to Montreal (fl. 2820) at 17h00. Flght AIJ2811 departed with 1h15 delay from Montreal where we all had to wait in a very cold corridor, standing up, or lying down, with no access to a bathroom, with crying babies, then they decided, we would board (15 min. before midnight) and for unknown reason they decided that the flight would be diverted to Cancun to fill the tank. We were supposed to get to MEX at 3h25 am. Result: we landed in Mexico more than 3hrs later, I had hired and paid for a taxi through Booking) to pick me up between 5h and 6h am. The driver waited until 4h30 and then decided to leave, Result I lost the fee for that taxi driver and then had to pay for another one from the taxi pool which is not advisable for a woman alone in Mexico. 2, On Nov. 2, I got an e-mail from Interjet that my flight was now Mexico to Montreal, Being now aware that they do change the flights at a whim, I thought that they managed to give me a direct flight to Montreal instead of the 2 flights trip I had bought. So the taxi delivered me to the area for International departures of Interjet. But no, after waiting in line for a good half hour, Seems it was a mistake, that my previous booking was still standing. So I rushed to the national departures (about the distance of a football field to cross) for my flight that was supposed to leave at 11h am. 3. But no worry that flight was late.(fl. 2370) It left at 1h45, We landed in Cancun at close to 3h00, I had to collect my luggage at the conveyor and re-register it and then had to go through security once again and then, realising that Cancun time was an hour later, I arrived at gate 56 to be told that the plane had just left. (fl.2820) 4. Re-crossing the whole airport again, they gave me another ticket back to Mexico (which left later than scheduled) with a ransfer for Montreal at 1h00 am (fl. 2811) (which actually left at 2h40 am). In conclusion I had 3 flights, spent 27 hrs in planes or at airports on that day and arrived a whole day later than expected. All because the first flight of the day was late) 5. Upon arrival in Montreal, my luggage which was alright when I re-registered it in Cancun, had been opened, the lock was gone and they broke one of the wheels, so it is a total loss. At this point, I am still unsure if anything disappeared from it, So I do not recommend Interjet. It is by far the worst travelling experience I ever had.
RouteMontreal to Mexico City

"terrible customer service"

Not Verified | Chicago to Mexico City. My wife booked a flight to leave at 3 pm with our 1 year old - about 25 hours before, they emailed us that they switched the flight to a different one at 1 am in the morning for no reason. We called customer service, waited on hold for around 3 hours to be told that they were not going to do anything about it. She basically has to accept the new flight or not go. Could not believe it. Absolutely terrible customer service. How can you do that to a person? Terrible company - you can't treat people like that!
RouteChicago to Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2019

"would never fly with again"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Mexico City. Our original flight was cancelled and were sent confirmation of the change to a flight some 8 hours later via email, less than 24 hours prior. After waiting for 8 hours in Cancun airport as we'd originally scheduled a connecting flight from our London flight, we then had to wait a subsequent 2 hours with little or no information until flight finally left Cancun around 1 am. The service desk at Cancun airport was extremely slow and not very accommodating, as was the customer service when I phoned to see if we could catch a different flight after being told our original one was delayed. We received no apologies, no compensation, no food or beverages in the airport and crucially, no explanation as to why the original flight was cancelled and subsequent one was delayed. Once aboard, the flight went smoothly, but everything prior to it was dreadful and would never fly with again.
RouteCancun to Mexico City

"lack of accountability"

(Panama)

Trip Verified | Guadalajara to Mexico City. Lateness, but more than anything my rating goes to the severe lack of accountability for the crew and don't even get me started in their archaic and ineffective boarding system. Sitting in row 5 - guess where my luggage ended being? Row 27! Yes, because this “team” blames the ground staff for the boarding process starting from the end of the aircraft allowing those in the rear to place their luggage in the front. Good luck deplaning right? Your service is poor - big time!
RouteGuadalajara to Mexico City
Date FlownNovember 2019

"the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Interjet canceled our nonstop flight from Cancun to San Francisco on New Years Day. They put us a 3 leg flight that would have taken a total 24 hours to get back home. I declined that. They stated it would take 15-20 days for a refund. None has come through. I finally contacted my credit card company to have them handle the dispute instead. To top it all off, our new tickets home cost double because we booked this long ago for new years day. Now the flights are way more expensive. This company is effing awful and has the worst customer service.
RouteCancun to San Francisco
Date FlownOctober 2019

"cancelling or delaying flights"

Trip Verified | Lima to Juarez via Mexico. They keep cancelling or delaying flights without any explanation. The reason for cancellation isn't very important to me unless it is force majeure. We did check at the airport and nothing was going on. Like the plane in Lima was supposed to be late, because of bad weather disruptions in Mexico City, which upon checking in Mexico City appeared to not be true.
RouteLima to Juarez via Mexico
Date FlownOctober 2019

"two months try to have my suitcase back"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Bogota via Mexico. I traveled with interjet with my 7 year old son. they gave me an itinerary but the flight did not leave at the time they said from Vancouver the flight was delayed two hours when I arrived at my first stop in Mexico city one of my bags never appeared the people that work there never wanted to help me they ignored my questions all the time and since it was late the flight from Vancouver couldn't reach my flight from Mexico city to Bogotá and with my little son we had to wait all day to have another flight but this flight was delayed again for another hour. When I arrived in Colombia to know what would happen with my suitcase the only thing they told me was to wait 21 days that they will call me when they can get my suitcase, they called me to told me to go to the airport for my suitcase but when I get there my suitcase was not there and nobody say something about it I have almost two months try to have my suitcase back but this is more hard now because they don't answer my calls.
RouteVancouver to Bogota via Mexico
Date FlownAugust 2019

"fight attendants were not caring at all"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Vancouver. Terrible service on the flight. Right after take off, all three flight attendants disappeared for three (3) hours! My daughter had a high fever, so we needed water for her, but they were gone. At least ten seats had the crew call button on, but they wouldn't show up. After a couple of hours, people started looking for them in the plane, they were not at the back, not at the front. At the end, some passengers knocked on captains cabin door, and finally one flight attendant came out. She quickly turned off some of the call buttons without asking people what they wanted! Unbelievable, but it happened to us. The fight attendants were not caring at all. Will not fly with Interjet again.
RouteCancun to Vancouver