Interjet

"service was beyond abysmal"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Vancouver. The airline inexplicably canceled our flight (apparently due to weather, though no other carriers canceled their flights to the same destination). It then rebooked us four days later. We were forced to either buy a new flight home or spend 4 days stranded with a young child in a different country. The customer service was beyond abysmal. Will never, ever book with this airline again.
RouteCancun to Vancouver
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"No problem whatsoever"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Huatulco via Mexico city. After reading all negative reviews on this site, I was afraid to fly Interjet. I had forgotten to read reviews before I booked. But I was happily surprised. No problem whatsoever with either delays, impoliteness from personnel, etc. We found that the legroom was one of the best, actually the best, you get in an economy airline and we fly very often to different places. The staff was polite. Service also good. Sandwich provided ok, but what do you expect on economy flight! Ground staff also polite. I guess you get the treatment you deserve, treat them nice, they will treat you nice. I hesitate to recommend since reading all the bad experiences, but ours was great.
RouteMontreal to Huatulco via Mexico city
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | New York to Cancun. The worst airline ever! So much miscommunication and nobody know what they are doing! Very disappointing and will never fly with them again.
RouteNew York to Cancun
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"they chose to cancel it"

Trip Verified | Dallas to Zihuatanejo via Mexico City. On Jan. 2, I was supposed to return home via Mexico City. Interjet cancelled the first leg (Ixtapa to Mex City) of my return trip to Dallas because of foggy conditions in Mexico City for a few hours. They did not just delay the flight; they chose to cancel it. They said that Interjet has no responsibility because fog is not Interjet's fault, so they did not offer me an alternate flight to return home or paid for my lodging, etc. They will not refund me for the flight they cancelled. I had to find my own alternate flights on other airlines for me and 3 other family members. The incident cost me $3,000 and an extra travel day.
RouteDallas to Zihuatanejo via Mexico City
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Unbelievably poor flight crew"

Not Verified | Guadalajara to San Francisco. On time and courteous ground staff managing the many lines queuing for check in. Boarded efficiently. Cabin crew giggling at each other when another passenger being given a bag for illness. Didn’t check back on passenger or provide any support. 2 hours in no cabin service - inquiry made - due to turbulence - we had not noticed anything unusual or exceptional turbulence. Asked for a glass of water. Provided begrudgingly. Service to cabin commenced 1 hour 45 mins prior to landing. No smiles, no customer service, no positive representation of the brand they work for. Giggling among selves but no smiles for customers. Toilet - no tissues or toilet paper or soap in dispenser when I attended. Informed cabin staff - glared at me! Unbelievably poor flight crew.
RouteGuadalajara to San Francisco
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"uncaring and not helpful"

Not Verified | I am appalled at the way Interjet handled my case. I was among the hundreds of people affected by the closing of the airport was in Tijuana on December 21. As a result of this chaos, I was unable to fly out of Tijuana, Went back to United States and flew via Delta to my destination. Today, I tried to change my flight back and Interjet refused to work with me and wanted to charge me four times more than what I paid for my ticket origin ally. Staff are uncaring and not helpful.
RouteTijuana to Guadalajara
Date FlownDecember 2018

"going against their policy"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to El Salvador with connection in Mexico City. I forgot to mention that the airline offers to check in 2 pieces of luggage for free but when I arrived at check in at the airport they charged me for one piece of luggage. Completely going against their policy. They also weigh every single bag you carry to charge you more.
AircraftAirbus
RouteLas Vegas to San Salvador via Mexico City
Date FlownDecember 2018

"never use this airline again"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to El Salvador via Mexico city. I had a bad experience when my Luggage was ransacked and many of my items were stolen from luggage. I contacted the airline but the phone number could not be dialed. I emailed them several times customer support and corporate and I never heard from them. I am still waiting to hear from them. Bad customer service. I would never use this airline again.
AircraftAirb
RouteLas Vegas to El Salvador via Mexico city
Date FlownDecember 2018

"delayed for more than 6 hours"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Havana to Cancun. Flight was delayed for more than 6 hours. We lost the whole day in Havana airport that day. When the plane finally took off, there was no explanation why it was delayed for so long. None of the other airlines that day had delays even to the same destination that we were travelling to. Only interjet flights were delayed. When I called customer service for compensation they said it was due to weather conditions and there is no compensation in this case. We had internet and it was clear sky with little wind in Havana and Cancun (destination) and again no other flights were delayed.
RouteHavana to Cancun
Date FlownNovember 2018

"would not recommend"

Trip Verified | My flight was from Monterrey to Mexico City and Mexico City to Toronto. The worst part was ground service in Mexico City, it was an international flight but there was no English announcement when I was waiting for the plane. even though the plane was delayed, there was no update from ground service. When I asked something, the staff was very rude. I will never fly with this airline again and would not recommend to other people.
RouteMonterrey to Toronto via Mexico City