Interjet

"delayed for more than 6 hours"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Havana to Cancun. Flight was delayed for more than 6 hours. We lost the whole day in Havana airport that day. When the plane finally took off, there was no explanation why it was delayed for so long. None of the other airlines that day had delays even to the same destination that we were travelling to. Only interjet flights were delayed. When I called customer service for compensation they said it was due to weather conditions and there is no compensation in this case. We had internet and it was clear sky with little wind in Havana and Cancun (destination) and again no other flights were delayed.
RouteHavana to Cancun

"would not recommend"

Trip Verified | My flight was from Monterrey to Mexico City and Mexico City to Toronto. The worst part was ground service in Mexico City, it was an international flight but there was no English announcement when I was waiting for the plane. even though the plane was delayed, there was no update from ground service. When I asked something, the staff was very rude. I will never fly with this airline again and would not recommend to other people.
RouteMonterrey to Toronto via Mexico City

"No complaints at all"

Trip Verified | Monterrey to Mexico City. The flight attendants were amazing and the flight was smooth. Enough space between seats. No tricks trying to overcharge. No complaints at all.
RouteMonterrey to Mexico City
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Never travel with Interjet"

(Argentina)

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Mexico. Never travel with Interjet. I missed a wedding because of their delays. First they told me there was a twenty minutes delay. Then it went to two hours. Trust me, look for alternatives.
RouteLos Angeles to Mexico

"recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Puerto Vallarta. Half the cost of Aeromexico alternative as baggage is included on internal flights even on a light fare (which I bought). Checked in online using the app, queued 10 mins for bag drop off, delayed take off of 30 mins due to traffic at MXC but great service on flight, snack and drinks included, got a refill on my drinks too. Can't speak to other negative reviews but highly recommend this airline for internal Mexican flights.
RouteMexico City to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownNovember 2018

"milk you for extra cash"

Not Verified | Cancun to Los Angeles. Delayed more than twice, they make you stand in line for more that 3 hours and treat you like they are doing you a favor. They will try the hardest to milk you for extra cash.
RouteCancun to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2018

"never fly with this airline"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Merida. A friend and I flight from Los Angeles over Mexico City to Merida. The flight from AX to Mexico City was ok (only 45 min delay). When we arrived in Mexico City our flight to Merida stand on time but no gate was given. After we ask what gate we have they say we need to ask in 30 minutes again. This happens 3 times. After this the only says 8h they don’t know when the flight will start and at 3am they canceled it. On all websites and Info it stand on time. We go after it was canceled to the counter and get a flight 48hrs later, we get no money back or the money for the hotel. We want to go to Merida only for a weekend so we ask for a flight back to LAX, only answer where we need to buy the tickets and can’t change the Flight from Merida to LAX. I will never fly with this airline.
RouteMexico City to Merida
Date FlownNovember 2018

"disaster of an experience"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Cancun. Worst airline ever! I took a 700am flight jfk to Cancun. First of all, they weigh all of your hand luggage which they do not make evident anywhere on the app/website So in the end your typical size carry on must be checked in. I have an AWAY brand of luggage and have never in my life had it weighed on any airline in the us. But I saw that I wasn’t the only one. Everyone needed to check their carryons. I even showed the manager that it’s not written anywhere on the app about the baggage regulations. Which he agreed is not right of them. When I told the manager that I need my medications inside my bag he continued to badger me asking what type of medications I had. This is illegal especially since I showed I was traveling with a doctors note. It is none of his business especially with a doctors note. Finally, I make it to security to learn that Interjet does not accept TSA precheck even when showing a physical global entry card. Practically unheard of these days. Once I get checked through security they take my bag to the side and ask me to follow them so I took my luggage and followed them for further screening. What I didn’t realize at this time was that my garment bag containing a gown for my cousins wedding was still in the machine. After getting inspected i continue to the gate for my flight . Once on the airplane I went into a panic realizing that I left my garment bag at security. Security was just a one minute walk away as terminal 7 is extremely small at jfk. I told the staff and she said I can not get off the airplane. I even asked her to see if she can page someone to see if anyone claimed it and she responded with “I don’t know how to”. Finally a man came over and said that they have my garment bag and someone can bring it. I hugged him I was so happy. Then the manager, the same one who gave me issues for my carry on saw me and said no one would be able to bring it to me and I won’t be able to run and get it. Without any explanation. He told me That I either get off the plane and miss my flight or leave my gown behind. I was hysterically crying since when I asked them if another flight would be leaving jfk that day they said “I don’t know”. It was rude and unprofessional. So I had to make the decision to get off of the airplane. They immediately handed my garment bag outside of the gate. Which is absurd since they could have easily brought it to me the entire time. In the time they fought me and answered with “I don’t know” and “no” they could have easily handed me the bag. In the end interjet had no flights leaving that day so I was forced to spend $800 on a one way ticket JetBlue flight since i couldn’t miss the wedding. I am so beyond disgusted. The best part of it all is on my JetBlue flight someone forgot their cellphone at the gate and the flight crew went to get it. Now that’s a kind airline! No one complained and we still got to our destination in time. Interjet is the worst airline ever. Save yourself from the agony and disgrace of an experience. Forgot to mention when I asked them if they will refund my ticket they answered with a “no” just like everything else. This is an airline that has no care or regard to the costumer. I felt like I was in the twilight zone since I was told no and then yes we will bring it followed with no. Filled in with a bunch of I don’t knows. I will call and speak to a manager. I will come back with an update with how they handle the aftermath of my disaster of an experience.
RouteNew York JFK to Cancun

"our flight was cancelled 2

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Leon. I am writing this review to save others from the headache and trouble this flight has caused our family vacation. I wish I would have check reviews on Interjet. I booked a reservation for 5 passengers in August for October 2018. Two weeks before our flight I receive a call and email requesting me to call their customer line due to changes that have been done to our flight. I call their customer service department per their request and the customer service wait is over 30 minutes hold, so beware and be ready to hold! Once I got a customer service representative, their services were not helpful or friendly and lack motivation to find a reasonable solution. I call to find out that our flight was cancelled for our departure. We were forced to move our dates and make new arrangements for our family vacation. Well, 1 week before our flight I get the same call and email and I thought "this must be a joke". I call to only find out that once again the new flight we selected was canceled again! The rep. offers to split our family in different flights, which was certainly not an option and then again demonstrates zero motivation to resolve or to achieve customer satisfaction!
RouteLos Angeles to Leon
Date FlownOctober 2018

"They were in total error"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Tijuana. Was flying with my dog, listed on their website as a dangerous dog which required special conditions. After meeting all of their requirements & confirming he was eligible to fly per a phone call to them, was turned away. They said he was a "restricted dog". They were in total error but would not even listen!! Their customer complaint department was a total joke. I sent them a link to their pet requirements link which they just ignored. They responded with a link to a site stating they can refuse, at any time & for any reason flight for any dog. Nowhere was this link attached to their pet policy page, But the airport personnel were in error because they said he was a restricted dog, which was not listed as such, on their pet policy page. Of course, no refund, even though it was their error.
RouteMexico City to Tijuana