Interjet

"had a pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | I flew on Interjet from Puerto Vallarta to Toluca and had a pleasant experience. I was a bit hesitant to take a Sukhoi regional jet, but it was in good shape and the flight was smooth. The only thing I didn't like is how incredibly short the entry to the plane is, and despite ducking, I hit my head on the way in and on the way out. (I am 6'1" so not incredibly tall.) The seats and overhead bins were sized like a regular jet. Customer service was good, there was free drink service, on board announcements were made in English and Spanish, and I had no trouble with anything associated with my reservation. I would happily fly with Interjet again the next time I visit Mexico, especially considering its good value.
AircraftSukhoi Superjet 100-95
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Toluca
Date FlownApril 2018

"sympathetic and understanding"

Trip Verified | After unsatisfactory service with an agent (in Spanish) I called back and spoke to a rep in English. I hope the language did not play a part in the quality of service, but the young lady who assisted me was wonderful. She was not only polite and patient, she also took the time to answer questions regarding my family member's tourist visa. She was sympathetic and understanding to my hesitation in reserving without knowing and exact return date and was quite knowledgeable in offering options under those circumstances.
RouteGuadalajara to Los Angeles
Date FlownMay 2018

"I felt used by an airline"

Trip Verified | I booked this flight thinking I was going to Leon, Nicaragua, yes my mistake for booking the wrong flight and I admit that but what followed was just not good enough. On check in I asked for, “flight to Nicaragua” and was told to wait in line. I stopped the same guy and said I had to, “clear customs as it’s an international flight” he then let me to the front of the line (as it was big). At the desk I very clearly said, “flight to Leon, Nicaragua” to which the guy chats to me about rugby and checks me in. Not once did someone point out that wasn’t where I was going. Not one itinerary from them said “Leon, Mexico”. Nothing indicated that I wasn’t on the right flight. I landed in Leon, Mexico and tearfully explained what had happened to staff who were rude, told me it was all my fault (I did take partial blame) and were very unhelpful leaving me feeling stranded and let down. To make it worse they made rude comments about me in Spanish as I was talking in English and were too ignorant to think I would know Spanish. They were extremely rude and disrespectful. They disregard you as a person and see you as a money making opportunity. I’ve never felt the need to write a review about an airline but this was the first time I felt used by an airline.
RouteCancún to Leon
Date FlownApril 2018

"not worth the headache"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Los Angeles. Save your money, not worth the headache. I should have listened to the other bad reviews. Rude stewardesses, didn’t smile once, old plane, seats were ripped and arm rests did not work. Took over an hour for our luggage to come down. The trip back home was even worse, no apologies or explanations at all or ever. Also long wait lines to check in, web site never worked. After standing in line for 45 minutes to check in they send me to go pay for baggage in a different line so I had to come back and wait some more. Never again.
RouteCancun to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2018

"great service and wonderful flight"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Toronto. My Wife and I had never flown with Interjet before and after flying with them I wanted to give them a great review. Staff were great, the flight was amazing they served us a nice sandwich and refreshments and if you wanted an alcohol drink there was no charge for that. Thank you Interjet for the great service and wonderful flight.
RouteCancun to Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2018

"cabin crew kind and attentive"

Trip Verified | I made short 30 minutes flights Acapulco - Mexico City - Acapulco last week. First flight on Sukhoi Superjet plane, which made a very good impression on me. Comfortable and modern, although quite loud. But for a short flight it wasn't a problem to me. Check-in and boarding were very efficient and cabin crew kind and attentive. Despite being a low-cost airline, Interjet allows you checked baggage up to 25kg, which is very generous comparing to other airlines. Overall, an excellent experience and clear recommendation!
AircraftSukhoi Superjet 100
RouteAcapulco to Mexico City
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"most stressful flight experience"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Vancouver. Had the most stressful flight experience ever with this airline and strongly advice everyone to never book a flight with them to avoid trouble! My partner and I (and many other travellers with work permits for Canada) were denied boarding (Cancun - Vancouver flight) because of staff of Interjet airline. They wouldn't let us board saying that Work Visa is not enough to enter Canada and that we need a separate eTA application. Which is incorrect since all work permits issued after August 1, 2015 already have an eTA. After they wasted two hours of our time arguing, I was able to find immigration paperwork to show them that my eTA is linked to my passport, so they let me board the plane but they didn't let my partner so he stayed stranded in Cancun due to their incompetence. Before he was able to get the info they wanted, it was too late, they had closed the flight and made him change his ticket. Their policy conveniently doesn't allow for any refunds either. Due to all the chaos the flight got delayed for two hours and the captain informed us on the plane that we would do an emergency stop over to get fuel in Monterrey! As a cherry on top, they don't serve any food on plane either. 6h flight turned into 10h of a horrific flight experience. If you travel to/ within Mexico do yourself a favour and never book a flight with Interjet!
RouteCancun to Vancouver
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"customer service is terrible"

(Colombia)

Trip Verified | Cancun to Bogota. The customer service is terrible, on the return flight to Bogota I had the misfortune of being assisted by an employee of Interjet that shouted at me because my suitcase weighed 0.5kg more than what is supposed to weigh (25.5kg). However, my ticket shows 50kg without specifying the number of bags, at the time I showed the ticket basically told me off for not knowing the fine print of the airlines. I got out of line and made me wait a long time to register my luggage. During the flight I ordered a coffee 3 times, the flight attendant told me 3 times and I bring your coffee but it never arrived. | El servicio al cliente es pésimo, en el vuelo de Regreso a Bogotá tuve la desgracia de ser atentido por una empleada de Interjet esta señora me grito porque mi maleta pesaba 0,5kg más de lo que supuestamente deberá pesar. 25,5kg. Sin embargo en mi tiquete aparece 50Kg sin especificar la cantidad de maletas, en el momento que le mostre el tiquete basicamente me dijo bruto por no saber la letra pequeña de las aerolineas, me saco de la fila y me hizo esperar un buen tiempo para registrar mi equipaje. Durante el vuelo pedi un cafe 3 veces, la asistente de vuelo me dijo las 3 veces ya traigo su cafe pero este nunca llego.
AircraftA320-100
RouteCancun to Bogota
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Horrible and dishonest airline"

Trip Verified | Cancun to Puerto Vallarta. Horrible and dishonest airline. My first flight was delayed 1.5 hours because the pilot was late so I missed my connecting flight. They tried to put us on flight to another town and said to take the bus for 60 minutes to our final destination. They refused to see when the bus left or if it still had room. When I looked up the drive time google said 5.5 hours! We refused to be treated like cattle. We had no luggage because they sent that to the final destination but they refused to pay for fresh cloths or underwear. The airline said the delay was not its fault (Blamed it on airport flight control even though it was the morning and barely anyone was at the airport. Horrible excuse for a 90 minute delay!) so it didn't have to refund my ticket, provide compensation for my lost hotel stay that evening in my final destination or pay for my choice of food/drinks. It did put us up in a terrible hotel and the hotel would not let us order off the hotel menus because the airline only pays $9 per meal. The lunch and dinner menu is the same! Also, the airline will only pay for water or soda pop.
RouteCancun to Puerto Vallarta

"I asked why the fee?"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Mexico City. Return flight charged $25 fee for 1 luggage! I asked why the fee? Hardly speaking English but was condescending, she said we have economy ticket. That was free with LAS flight. She said “tarifa” and fee for seat change! Each of us paid $135.58 taxes and fees. The couple who joined us on this trip, tickets same as ours didn’t get charged for anything and got their seats changed!
RouteLas Vegas to Mexico City