Interjet

"milk you for extra cash"

Not Verified | Cancun to Los Angeles. Delayed more than twice, they make you stand in line for more that 3 hours and treat you like they are doing you a favor. They will try the hardest to milk you for extra cash.
RouteCancun to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2018

"never fly with this airline"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Merida. A friend and I flight from Los Angeles over Mexico City to Merida. The flight from AX to Mexico City was ok (only 45 min delay). When we arrived in Mexico City our flight to Merida stand on time but no gate was given. After we ask what gate we have they say we need to ask in 30 minutes again. This happens 3 times. After this the only says 8h they don’t know when the flight will start and at 3am they canceled it. On all websites and Info it stand on time. We go after it was canceled to the counter and get a flight 48hrs later, we get no money back or the money for the hotel. We want to go to Merida only for a weekend so we ask for a flight back to LAX, only answer where we need to buy the tickets and can’t change the Flight from Merida to LAX. I will never fly with this airline.
RouteMexico City to Merida
Date FlownNovember 2018

"disaster of an experience"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Cancun. Worst airline ever! I took a 700am flight jfk to Cancun. First of all, they weigh all of your hand luggage which they do not make evident anywhere on the app/website So in the end your typical size carry on must be checked in. I have an AWAY brand of luggage and have never in my life had it weighed on any airline in the us. But I saw that I wasn’t the only one. Everyone needed to check their carryons. I even showed the manager that it’s not written anywhere on the app about the baggage regulations. Which he agreed is not right of them. When I told the manager that I need my medications inside my bag he continued to badger me asking what type of medications I had. This is illegal especially since I showed I was traveling with a doctors note. It is none of his business especially with a doctors note. Finally, I make it to security to learn that Interjet does not accept TSA precheck even when showing a physical global entry card. Practically unheard of these days. Once I get checked through security they take my bag to the side and ask me to follow them so I took my luggage and followed them for further screening. What I didn’t realize at this time was that my garment bag containing a gown for my cousins wedding was still in the machine. After getting inspected i continue to the gate for my flight . Once on the airplane I went into a panic realizing that I left my garment bag at security. Security was just a one minute walk away as terminal 7 is extremely small at jfk. I told the staff and she said I can not get off the airplane. I even asked her to see if she can page someone to see if anyone claimed it and she responded with “I don’t know how to”. Finally a man came over and said that they have my garment bag and someone can bring it. I hugged him I was so happy. Then the manager, the same one who gave me issues for my carry on saw me and said no one would be able to bring it to me and I won’t be able to run and get it. Without any explanation. He told me That I either get off the plane and miss my flight or leave my gown behind. I was hysterically crying since when I asked them if another flight would be leaving jfk that day they said “I don’t know”. It was rude and unprofessional. So I had to make the decision to get off of the airplane. They immediately handed my garment bag outside of the gate. Which is absurd since they could have easily brought it to me the entire time. In the time they fought me and answered with “I don’t know” and “no” they could have easily handed me the bag. In the end interjet had no flights leaving that day so I was forced to spend $800 on a one way ticket JetBlue flight since i couldn’t miss the wedding. I am so beyond disgusted. The best part of it all is on my JetBlue flight someone forgot their cellphone at the gate and the flight crew went to get it. Now that’s a kind airline! No one complained and we still got to our destination in time. Interjet is the worst airline ever. Save yourself from the agony and disgrace of an experience. Forgot to mention when I asked them if they will refund my ticket they answered with a “no” just like everything else. This is an airline that has no care or regard to the costumer. I felt like I was in the twilight zone since I was told no and then yes we will bring it followed with no. Filled in with a bunch of I don’t knows. I will call and speak to a manager. I will come back with an update with how they handle the aftermath of my disaster of an experience.
RouteNew York JFK to Cancun

"our flight was cancelled 2

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Leon. I am writing this review to save others from the headache and trouble this flight has caused our family vacation. I wish I would have check reviews on Interjet. I booked a reservation for 5 passengers in August for October 2018. Two weeks before our flight I receive a call and email requesting me to call their customer line due to changes that have been done to our flight. I call their customer service department per their request and the customer service wait is over 30 minutes hold, so beware and be ready to hold! Once I got a customer service representative, their services were not helpful or friendly and lack motivation to find a reasonable solution. I call to find out that our flight was cancelled for our departure. We were forced to move our dates and make new arrangements for our family vacation. Well, 1 week before our flight I get the same call and email and I thought "this must be a joke". I call to only find out that once again the new flight we selected was canceled again! The rep. offers to split our family in different flights, which was certainly not an option and then again demonstrates zero motivation to resolve or to achieve customer satisfaction!
RouteLos Angeles to Leon
Date FlownOctober 2018

"They were in total error"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Tijuana. Was flying with my dog, listed on their website as a dangerous dog which required special conditions. After meeting all of their requirements & confirming he was eligible to fly per a phone call to them, was turned away. They said he was a "restricted dog". They were in total error but would not even listen!! Their customer complaint department was a total joke. I sent them a link to their pet requirements link which they just ignored. They responded with a link to a site stating they can refuse, at any time & for any reason flight for any dog. Nowhere was this link attached to their pet policy page, But the airport personnel were in error because they said he was a restricted dog, which was not listed as such, on their pet policy page. Of course, no refund, even though it was their error.
RouteMexico City to Tijuana
Date FlownJuly 2018

"blatantly ignore a customer"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Guadalajara. We arrived hour before flight as the ticket suggested 50 minutes before. We had boarding pass and went to check bags and they took bags. Said he needed to get tag for carrying on, he left when he returned he said we missed our flight and needed to buy a new ticket. After he wasted time returning we were 50 minutes from flight (their required time on boarding pass). We asked for supervisor, supervisor said nothing he could do, did not confirm what happened just said no we needed a new ticket. This was all preceded by Interjet changing our original flight. We purchased ticket to leave 12:05pm they called days later to change departure to 11:40am. We accepted and arrived by 10:40. We’re at counter by 10:45. This airline had no customer service. Won’t listen or attempt to help. They state policies without verifying what happened or what their employees have done. This is the 3rd time internet either canceled or changed flight without any help or apology. We travel a lot people and employees make mistakes but to blatantly ignore a customer or not be willing to find a solution except pay more is inexcusable. Even discounted airlines must provide what they are selling.
RouteMexico City to Guadalajara
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Houston to Monterrey. This is by far the worst airline doing business in the USA. their customer service always takes you to Spanish speakers even if you don’t choose Spanish. They delay flights and give you restaurant vouchers $25, to a restaurant that costs $28 a plate. They refuse to reimburse you the money and make guarantees that other employees deny. The customer service cannot transfer you to another department and tells you to call the same number and try each option. Interjet outsource to the Philippines to get English speaking staff since you guys are the cheapest airline trying to do business in the USA.
RouteHouston to Monterrey
Date FlownAugust 2018

Interjet customer review

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Puerto Vallarta. I purchased ticket from interjet for a Columbian friend out of Bogata.The flight had a stop in Mexico City. Once in Mexico City he had to check in but his flight was nearly two hours late arriving. It was to leave at 945 am and he reached the check in at 845am ( one hour before) . At the check in counter in Mexico City they told him he needed to pay for an assigned seat. He did not request an assigned seat. He had no money but for food. By the time, he explained his situation, interjet rep. told him it was too late and he had to pay for a new flight at 1pm. ($400) It was then he called me to help. I bought him another ticket that night on a discount airlines. ($120) I’ve complained to the airlines but to no avail. I can’t figure why they just didn’t place him on the next flight to Puerto Vallarta. There were open seats on both flights according to the representative I spoke too initially. It makes no sense.
RouteMexico City to Puerto Vallarta

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Bogota. Worst customer service ever! Misleading information from Interjet staff made me miss my flight! On July 24th I had a 6:45pm flight from Mexico City to Bogotá, Colombia. I showed up 2 hours before my flight as it was recommended on the email I got from Interjet. I don’t speak Spanish enough yet so I showed my flight information on my phone to a lady welcoming the passengers at the Interjet gate on the first floor of the airport. She said to go to the third line which is « checkin without boarding pass ». The line was terribly long. I waited about one hour and I was stressing out because I saw the sign saying that flights close 45 minutes before take off time. When I finally got to the counter, I showed my flight information and passport to the lady. She immediately said that it was the Domestic flight counter and that I needed to go upstairs to Puerta 9 for international checkin. I told her I had very little time left and that the other lady made me wait in this wrong line but there was nothing she wanted to do for me. I ran upstairs with all my luggage and it took me a good 15 minutes to get to the international interjet counter. When I showed my info and my passport to the staff, it was 6:05pm. They told me with no compassion that the flight was closed and I needed to buy an an extra ticket because I got there too late. Even though I explained my situation of misleading information from the first staff member who told me to go to the domestic flight queue... the supervisor old man said there was nothing he could do. At that point I was crying and hyperventilating because I paid a lot of money for that flight to Colombia. He was rude and told me to leave and buy another ticket. I sat in a corner crying and panicking because the one-way flights I looked up for the same night were 1000$ Cad. I had already paid 500$ Cad for this return flight. Someone else said that we needed proof from the person who misguided me. In the mean time, I lost my flight and needed to buy another one. I decided to go talk to the supervisor myself. The first woman supervisor tried to make calls and told me I needed to be there 3 hours before my flight. I showed her evidence from my email that I was given the information of 2 hours prior to flight departure. She argued that it was the wrong web page because it’s really 3 hours. Since it’s not my responsibility to double check every info I get by email I kept asking for a replacement flight. She told me again that I needed to prove that I was given the wrong info by showing which lady pointed me the wrong queue at the beginning. I said that they should check their cameras and that she should find which staff member was working at that time (she wasn’t there anymore). She said it wasn’t possible and i should talk to customer service. Another woman brought me to a different counter. I waited about 20 minutes before someone told me what was going on. The supervisor made more verifications and confirmed that my flight was lost. I had to pay the difference between the cost of my original flight and the new one.
RouteMexico City to Bogota
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Don't waste your time or money"

Trip Verified | Houston to Mexico city. So I decided to send my kids for the summer with there grandmother to Mexico city. They left July 6 Friday and landing in Mexico city 2 hours later. I registered three luggage on the way there but only received 2 when landed. I tried to speak to customer service first they told me to luggage stayed back in Houston and then when I called again they told me I had to wait 8 days before they can file claim when I called again they told me I had to wait 10 days for them to file claim after that they just told me I had to wait until whenever I got an email which I never did. And now they're telling me all they want to give me a $77 for the luggage they lost. I would never ever buy another ticket with them again. Every time I called it was something different they never got the correct color of the luggage correct every time I called it was either green white blue they never had the correct information that I gave them. We know that you cannot buy much in the USA with $77 for kids. Don't waste your time or money with this Interjet Airline
RouteHouston to Mexico city