Hawaiian Airlines

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

LAX-HNL-LAX. Check-in in LAX was good. New A330 service in F class to HNL was good. Seats are not flat. Return to LAX with aged B767. Check-in staff in HNL rude and charged me $50 extra for an overweight bag by 3lbs even I'm a 1st class pax. My overweight bag was lost upon arrival in LAX which was returned to me almost a week later. The delivery man was lost so I met him 20 miles from my residence. If HA wants to be a world class airline they should take some lessons leading airlines in Asia and Middle East.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Portland to Lihue return with change of planes in Honolulu both ways. No real problems until we arrived home to find our camera was stolen out of our checked baggage.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Phoenix to Oahu on Hawaiian and on return flight had a 4 hour delay due to a mechanical problem on plane. The food was awful and even the food they charged for looked awful. The positive was that staff were friendly.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Honolulu-Manila Business Class. Very disappointed to note that Hawaiian Airlines new upgraded inflight service is a real downgrade. They've ditched the tapas style menu for a slow food service. In addition they are no longer catered by Chef Gannon and for the first time in years I was served bad food on Hawaiian Airlines. The flight attendants were wonderful but clearly embarrassed by the downgrade. In addition the new printed menus are tacky. Also time to retire the 767. Just not up to standard for a 10 hour plus flight!

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

HNL-LAS-HNL on new A330. Hawaiian is probably the best of the US carriers. Both flights full but service was good with frequent water runs - although the complimentary food was awful served in a cardboard box!

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

LAX-HNL-SYD-HNL-LAX.Flew from the US to Australia on Hawaiian in first/business on a discounted fare. Seat comfort is significantly better than US legacy carriers domestic first class but well short of modern international business class standards but comfortable enough for the long flights - an old style business class product. Service and food exceptional. The cabin staff go the extra mile in attentiveness up front and the tapas style menus were creative and tasty. IFE is good not great. Lounges in LAX and HNL are dreadful but HA business class passengers can access the Air New Zealand lounge in SYD which is exceptional.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Honolulu to Sydney. Worst service of any airline I have flown. I am a vegetarian did not have an option for me except a few bags of chips. When asked for a can of coke they said they were nearly out and could only give us a cup. Cabin staff unhelpful and not friendly.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

SYD-HNL-SEA and back via HNL to SYD. Whilst I agree with some of the comments re the indifference of cabin staff (I had to ask for water after 2 hours on the ground owing to a mechanical problem) I will continue to fly Hawaiian because baggage allowance is the best in the air and I have always found check-in staff helpful. Two seats outside the aisles are the best way for a couple to fly no need to constantly wake a stranger to use the facilities or stretch my legs food is to my taste good safety record.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

SYD-HNL flight was great and seating comfortable. HNL to SYD was full and extremely uncomfortable. I was seated next to a young fat boy I paid for my seat and feel entitled to the whole seat I paid for. When an airlines allocates seat they should be aware of the size of the person. I'm petite and fit comfortably in a seat but when an oversized person is put beside be that takes 1/4 of my seat. When I complained the hostess said 'sorry we are fully booked'.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

HNL-SYD on B767-300ER. I bought a discount Economy ticket but was able to upgrade at the gate to Business Class for $400. It was well worth it. HA Business Class seat is an old style business class seat not a reclining flat bed. Nevertheless with the spacious pitch and large foot rest it was comfortable for dozing. IFE is a portable media player which was fine since no one was seated next to me. It wasn't stable there. The movie selection was not first run but it was adequate for a ten hour flight. There was no power outlet in the seat for my laptop. The food and service were excellent. The meal was a selection of three dishes from an assortment and were delicious. The wine selection was ok but the mixed drinks were fun as you would expect in Hawaii. Most importantly the service was exceptional friendly and helpful