Hawaiian Airlines

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

LAX-HNL A330 a nice new plane but very disappointing experience. Carry-on baggage size limit not enforced making those of us who paid the $25 feel like fools. Boarding time on boarding pass 45 mins ahead but boarding does not begin until 30 mins before (happened on another HA flight so assume that Hawaiian thinks passengers too stupid to get there on time) causing uncomfortable wait in undersized departure lounge. The inflight "meal" they boast about is a tasteless ham and cheese sandwich with a brownie served in a cardboard box- a "snack" at best. Flight attendants not friendly lacking any Aloha spirit. Had hoped that Hawaiian would be better.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

HNL-SYD. Travelling with 4 young children and wife. Departure delayed by 2 hrs. Nice new 767 but no personal AVOD. Could not get infant seat belt for 1 yr old despite repeated request. My wife was quite worried as this has always been available when needed. Staff seemed uninterested almost unhelpful and sometimes rude. Kept to themselves gossiping in the back of the plane. Food was ok. Toilets started to break down half way through the 10 hr flight. 3 hrs out of SYD no toilets were working! A cabin announcement was made advising that passengers should refrain from using toilets especially depositing "solids". Captain advised on landing that he considered landing in Fiji but by the time pax would be deplaned it would have been about the same time to reach a working toilet. Sometimes things go wrong which is understandable but cabin crew were very poor. A memorable experience!

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

I am not a fussy person but I really thought this was the worst service I have ever had on an airline. Both ground staff and cabin crew were rude to me on a number of occasions about the fact that I am diabetic. I was given a hard time about my need to carry "sharps" with me even though I offered to hand them over to the cabin crew. The food wasn't very good and there were only 2 choices of meals. One was totally unsuitable for a diabetic so I asked if I could have the alternative choice reserved for me. They refused and I got stuck with the unsuitable food (because they ran out of the other choice) on each leg of my journey. My requests re the food and carrying my diabetic supplies were quite reasonable and I made them in a very polite manner and yet I was treated like a real trouble-maker. This was not what I expected from Hawaiians who I know to be very hospitable people. A huge disappointment and I would not fly willingly with them again.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Horrible experience. SEA-OGG and back and was severely harassed for trying to use my common Graco infant car seat to keep my baby safe in flight (the airline approval sticker was partially ripped off however you could clearly see it was airline approved). Once they finally said I could use it I was not allowed to use the car seat correctly (rear-facing) as they said it would not allow the person in front of it to recline their seat. Never mind that there were very many empty seats on this flight they could have moved this person to including the empty seat next to him if it had bothered him. Then was harassed because they assumed I had not purchased a seat for my infant when in fact I had and was required to show my tickets to them. Again despite having at least 8 empty seats within four rows of the seat I was in - it was a very empty flight. I fly often and have never experienced such horrible customer service.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

SYD-HNL-SYD Economy. An older B767 but for a 3 star airline I thought service was pretty good. They looked after the kids with kids meals and were always offering free drinks and mid flight snacks. We also flew to Maui return from HNL and the service was the best I have experienced.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Excellent service on LAX-HNL flight on new A330. The seat is a mistake but everything else top rate. The food service IFE. I hope they continue with their current meal service and don't adopt the mistake they've made on their international runs by changing it!
Seat TypeFirst Class

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Seats cramped - even for 5'6" and 140 lbs and the equipment is ancient. Mine had bilingual German/English everywhere. They charge for everything almost. Want to use a headset -you pay. Want to use your own headset to watch the movie - you pay. Don't want the mystery meat sandwich - you pay ($12 for a hamburger that would be like a buck at Mac's). You want overhead room - get on board first and expect no help from the cabin attendants standing around talking about their personal lives with one another. You want to rent a DVD player. Maybe you can maybe you cannot. They had the players but forgot to bring batteries on board. Hawaiian is like a poor man's Southwest. Unless the fare you get is way below the competition I cannot see why you would fly with them.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

We were supposed to leave at 3PM but due to aircraft problems we ended up taking off at 2am the next day to begin our trip home to San Diego. The flight attendants were wonderful and very supportive. Hawaiian airlines gave us a free shuttle to a local mall while we were at the airport. We got free movie tickets and a $200 voucher and gave us good snacks etc. We also got a discount on our next purchase.

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

LAX-HNL-LAX. Check-in in LAX was good. New A330 service in F class to HNL was good. Seats are not flat. Return to LAX with aged B767. Check-in staff in HNL rude and charged me $50 extra for an overweight bag by 3lbs even I'm a 1st class pax. My overweight bag was lost upon arrival in LAX which was returned to me almost a week later. The delivery man was lost so I met him 20 miles from my residence. If HA wants to be a world class airline they should take some lessons leading airlines in Asia and Middle East.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Hawaiian Airlines customer review

Portland to Lihue return with change of planes in Honolulu both ways. No real problems until we arrived home to find our camera was stolen out of our checked baggage.