Gulf Air

"I was upgraded to Business Class free"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | The ground staff were polite and attentive. I was upgraded to Business Class free of charge which my trip kick off on a very high note. I can’t thank you enough for this. The flight service was really good. Very fast and reliable wifi. The food was some the best I’d had on an airplane. Very comfortable flight and a cool infotainment system.
RouteBahrain to Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2023

"a huge improvement in services"

Trip Verified | It’s my 2nd time with Gulf air in the last 6 years and I should say that there is a huge improvement in services. The journey was so smooth starting from the first point, the crew and the ground staff were all attentive. But what I like most is the free hotel during the long layover, it was really amazing. They pick me up from the airport and give me a room in 5 star hotel for the 12 hrs layover. It was refreshing. I will definitely fly back with Gulf Air in my next journey and recommend everyone.
AircraftA320 / Boeing 787
RouteIstanbul to Singapore via Bahrain
Date FlownJuly 2023

"this low price comes with drawbacks"

Trip Verified | Gulf Air is seen as a cost-effective airline option in the Middle East, but this low price comes with drawbacks. One issue is the lack of a separate lane for business class passengers at check-in in Paris, which can create disorganization and is not appealing for those seeking a seamless experience. The ground staff has also been criticized for being unprofessional and confused at times, highlighting the need for better training. Furthermore, Gulf Air does not have its own lounge facilities and instead relies on Air France's lounge in Paris, raising concerns about exclusivity. Champagne served on board was warm, showing a lack of attention to detail. Gulf Air's affordability is a selling point for budget-conscious travelers, but there are compromises. The lack of a separate business class lane, unqualified ground staff, reliance on external lounges, inattentive service, and warm champagne all exemplify the compromises passengers may have to accept for a lower fare. Those who value a high-quality travel experience may be left wanting more.
RouteParis to Bahrain
Date FlownJuly 2023

"refused to give bassinet"

Trip Verified | My wife with one infant + 5 years old child travelled in Gulf Air on 8th July from MAN to MAA. We booked bassinet for our 9 month old baby with a paid seat for my son next to bassinet. After boarding to the flight, air hostess refused to give bassinet. Overall worst experience ever in the flight for family.
RouteManchester to Chennai
Date FlownJuly 2023

"hours of extreme trouble"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight from Bahrain to Faisalabad about a month ago. I reached the airport on the day of flight. To my shock, they informed me and about 50 other passengers that the aircraft was already full. They made us wait for hours without any explanation. If someone shouted at their unprofessional behaviour, they shouted back. Later, the staff offered two difficult options; either to go to Islamabad instead of Faisalabad with the next flight or to wait for another few hours to get a new ticket for a flight to Faisalabad two days later. I had already spent hours at the airport in this frustration, I chose to go to Islamabad. It took me hours of extreme trouble to reach from Islamabad to Faisalabad all because of this nonsense done by Gulf Air. They are extremely arrogant people, very unprofessional, rude to the passengers, and untrustworthy. They offer no explanation, no compensation for changing the tickets and no sympathy to the poor passengers who made the mistake of booking with them.
RouteBahrain to Faisalabad
Date FlownJune 2023

"only one person is working"

(Israel)

Not Verified | Writing this as I'm still experiencing the problems of Gulf Air. The online check-in doesn't work and I was told I cannot do it by phone. There is no self check in kiosk here at their counters and I am not checking any bags. Also only one person is working forcing a huge line and they chose the one place in the airport without AC to put their counters. Also, it's the day of the flight and they're still trying to get full price to upgrade to business. Which is whatever but just thought I'd mention it. So far this airline is at the bottom of the list all the way around. I don't know where the money from ticket sales even goes here.
RouteTel Aviv to Manila via Bahrain
Date FlownJune 2023

"business class is a must-try"

Trip Verified | For those who frequently traverse the skies and appreciate excellent in-flight service and comfort, Gulf Air's business class is a must-try. They stand out with their staff's dedication and warm hospitality, paired with top-tier in-flight dining. However, the standout feature has to be the spaciousness offered - it's unrivalled by other airlines in the same class. The lounge is an entertainment hub, boasting a golf simulator, immersive 4D games, and even pool tables, as well as an outdoor smoking area. Choosing the Hublot site place if possible would be my tip - it offers an unparalleled level of privacy that mimics a personal room. They even provide sleepwear, so you don't need to sleep in your regular clothes. All these thoughtfully curated details elevate Gulf Air's service to a league of its own. Don't pass up the opportunity to experience this if you have the chance.
RouteParis to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2023

Gulf Air customer review

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | I booked a short flight to go to Frankfurt via Bahrain. Big mistake. My flight was forwarded by 6 hours without an option. This doubled my flight time. So I had to hang out for 6 hours in a small airport. The staff at DMM airport was not too friendly. I do not recommend this airline.
RouteDammam to Bahrain

"grossly incompetent"

Trip Verified | While booking they claimed I could earn miles on American Airlines. When I went to airport, on my boarding pass they gave me a boarding pass which clearly indicated that they used my American Frequent Flier number. But when I did not see miles on my American account, I contacted American who informed me that Gulf is not their partner. I contacted Gulf many times regarding this and they never replied. Either they are grossly incompetent or complete frauds.
RouteBaku to Bombay via Bahrain
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"We will fly with them again"

Not Verified | This was the first time we had flown with Gulf Air, what a pleasant surprise. At the airport great staff, really helpful. The plane clean and seat comfy for economy. Food good for economy, staff helpful, entertainment system good but choice of newer films very limited. We will fly with them again.
RouteBangkok to Manchester via Bahrain