Gulf Air

"Very poor experience"

Trip Verified | Very poor experience of a long haul flight. Just atrocious. First with the seats. My boarding pass placed me in the aisle of the three seat group. One of the attendants approached me and asked me whether I could help them out and change seats as some people are trying to sit together or whatever. They said the other seat would have more legroom. So I accepted without a problem. I grabbed my bag and walked over to the new seat and had to wait for a bit until I could sit down. More legroom as promised. So far so good. Another person had also taken the deal and was seated next to me. Then another attendant comes over, looks at me and just starts talking about me to the other attendant. 'What is this person doing here? He shouldn't be here. That's not his seat. Get him away from here' while pointing their finger at me. So I get told to vacate the seat (not the other person though who had moved there) and get told to just go back to my seat. As I find my old seat it's been taken by someone and so have all the other seats. I'm left there standing with my bag. I have to ask an attendant where I can sit but they're out of the loop, asking me well what does your boarding pass say? This goes on, and anyway, I'm the last person without the seat, so one seat is indeed remaining, some middle seat. I've been downgraded in the end. Plane is really hot. Not even water gets brought out for two hours into the flight. I luckily had some water with me, else I would have been on the verge of passing out. I was so uncomfortable the entire flight. Water just wasn't being brought out. Attendants weren't even walking around to offer any other drinks. I had to put my call light on to ask for water else I wouldn't get any. This was an issue on every one of the four flights I took with them. Once the trolley did go round as seldom as that was, I had to ask for two cups of drink at a time because I was so dehydrated and it just felt like you're in the wrong for even asking them. Didn't feel welcome or accommodated. A typical long haul flight would mean I get to grab a beer and chill out. With Gulf Air I struggled to even get a cup of water. I hated every moment of being on this plane. I never want to be nice and help out someone for their seats again.
RouteHeathrow to Delhi via Bahrain
Date FlownOctober 2022

"cabin crew efficient and friendly"

Not Verified | Very Impressive, the flights were very comfortable and the aircraft clean and smart. Bahrain a pleasure to transit through. The onboard catering was very good on all flights and the cabin crew efficient and friendly.
AircraftBoeing 789 / A321ceo / A321neo
RouteLondon to Trivandrum via Bahrain

"Unpleasant experience"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Unpleasant experience, we had purchased front seat tickets and those seats were printed on the ticket as a confirmation, each name with the seat number, once we checked in they gave us back seats ignoring the purchased seats, spent 45min requesting the airport Gulf Air support office to give us the seats purchased by us but the answer was “sorry the seats are taken by others”. How come taken by others if I did pay for them. In the end we lost the seats and my family had to sit in the back seats. Tried to complain later after the flight via call centre, online chat and emails, amazingly no reply.
RouteAmman to Bahrain

"Thank you Gulf Air"

(Nepal)

Not Verified | I was stuck in the airport with my visa processing problem. I needed to get to the Dubai on September 5 but unfortunately my visa wasn't processed so I missed the flight. I got my visa process done so I went to the counter of Gulf Air, where I found a gentleman, I didn't get the name, but he told me to wait for 1 hour, after that I went back to him where he gave me a new ticket and the surprising part was that he also gave me a food voucher. Great experience, will never forget this. Thank you Gulf Air.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteDubai to Bahrain
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"vegetarian lunch was a flop"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Check in staff in Mumbai Airport were very friendly. The crew onboard were also friendly and professional but the vegetarian lunch onboard was a flop. It was mutter (peas) but they were stale and/or old hence inedible.
RouteMumbai to Bahrain

"no inflight entertainment"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | I travelled with my three kids. There was no inflight entertainment. No activity packs were given to kids aged under 12. The screens were kept turned off neither were any head sets provided. The crew never showed up even after pressing the call button.
RouteFaisalabad to Bahrain
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"really professional and attentive"

Not Verified | I have now flown this route twice with Gulf Air. As a business class traveller this is one of the best experiences. The check-in at Jeddah was very efficient and fast, even the economy class line was rapid and with several desks. The shorter leg to Bahrain was extremely well managed, the flight was about half full but the attendants were really professional and attentive. The entertainment good and Wi-Fi also seemed to work well for those using it. The food was fine, a Caesar salad with desert and drinks. On arrival at Bahrain the transit was really easy, well signposted and negotiating the security checks also easy; they have the advanced scanners so you do not have to remove all your electronics from your carry-on baggage, great plus and much quicker. The Falcon lounge at Bahrain is large, well equipped, with a good selection of foods, a bar, internet, showers, some game consoles for children, comfortable and well spaced out seating; a very pleasant experience. The longer flight Bahrain - Paris was equally good, more passengers but the staff were equally attentive, 2 meals (if wanted) were served, in flight drinks of a good standard and, again, a pleasant experience. The unloading at Paris was again good and the only bad point was the Paris CDG fiasco, long queues to get through immigration (fast track was a real bonus!) then about a 40 minute wait for the baggage. I cannot thank Gulf Air enough and will continue to use them for this route.
RouteJeddah to Paris via Bahrain
Date FlownAugust 2023

"cabin crew service was absolutely terrible"

Trip Verified | The cabin crew service was absolutely terrible on the connection from Bahrain to Thiruvananthapuram. They did not attend to cabin assistance calls. They don’t distribute any headsets and says excuse that it’s not available or they are going to upgrade the entertainment system. I had to wait for them to bring meals so that I can mention my request for headset. They ignored my multiple assistance calls over an hour, not to mention the call requests from many others. They didn’t distribute blankets. They were distributing meals on their own preferences and only offered choice to a rare few of their choice. This was when they had multiple Meal options in flight for vegetarian and non vegetarian passengers. I will avoid this airline at all costs and wouldn’t recommend them to anyone ever.
RouteFrankfurt to Thiruvananthapuram via Bahrain
Date FlownAugust 2023

"I was upgraded to Business Class free"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | The ground staff were polite and attentive. I was upgraded to Business Class free of charge which my trip kick off on a very high note. I can’t thank you enough for this. The flight service was really good. Very fast and reliable wifi. The food was some the best I’d had on an airplane. Very comfortable flight and a cool infotainment system.
RouteBahrain to Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2023

"a huge improvement in services"

Trip Verified | It’s my 2nd time with Gulf air in the last 6 years and I should say that there is a huge improvement in services. The journey was so smooth starting from the first point, the crew and the ground staff were all attentive. But what I like most is the free hotel during the long layover, it was really amazing. They pick me up from the airport and give me a room in 5 star hotel for the 12 hrs layover. It was refreshing. I will definitely fly back with Gulf Air in my next journey and recommend everyone.
AircraftA320 / Boeing 787