Gulf Air

"do not recommend Gulf Air"

(Italy)

Not Verified | One of the worst experiences with an international airline. The ground staff at Bahrain airport were arrogant. One of the worst delays and deboarding experiences of my life. I personally do not recommend Gulf Air to my dear ones.
RouteDelhi to Milan via Bahrain
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"demotivated and disinterested2

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | The whole left and side of the economy seat inflight entertainment screen was frozen and not working and the crew have ignored seeing the same. And they still had the audacity to play the safety video on right hand side only instead of performing a manual demo. So whole flight to Mumbai 3 hours there was no tv. Crew was terribly demotivated and disinterested. I even found one crew next to my seat sleeping through out landing.
RouteDoha to Mumbai via Bahrain
Date FlownDecember 2023

“Gulf Air is the worst”

Trip Verified | I travel almost twice a year, on this year and have travelled with many airlines, by far Gulf Air is the worst. Neither does the cabin crew nor the Ground staff pay heed to customers needs, requests or complaints. Mine was round trip from LHR to DEL and DEL to LHR. Both the times I did not get the vegetarian food in spite of filling the special request at the time of check in. On my first trip I was not aware that my need will not be fulfilled so I didn't take the picture but second time, I captured a screenshot as a proof. On both the trips I requested the ground staff as well as cabin crew but they said we have not received the request. The cabin staff on my first trip still better, at least they patiently listened to me but second trip, they didn't even pay heed.
RouteLondon to Delhi via Bahrain

"Worst experience ever"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | They lost my luggage and don't reply to me. Worst experience ever. I flew in business class and in the arrival I didn't find my luggage. Well, they lost it. The worst part? If you call them they close the call. I basically lost a baggage with 2000$ of clothes inside and they just don't care. Worst experience ever. How is possible in 2023 to run a company like that?
RouteDubai to Bahrain
Date FlownDecember 2023

"given a front extra leg room seat"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Was given a front extra leg room seat which was super comfortable. The cabin crew and ground service for Gulf Air keep getting better. The snack was delicious.
RouteBahrain to Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2023

"Gulf wants to be a low budget"

Not Verified | Wanted to arrive in Manila early morning. Gulf would get me there 10.20. Had flown this airline once before (pre covid) so was aware of 9 hour transit in Bahrain on return leg. Previously London bound passengers were taken to nice hotel, given room, breakfast and transport back to airport. Not this time. Nne of the 4 flights had newspapers or an inflight magazine. No alcohol on trolleys, (I was in Economy). Seated at the very back (my request), I did hear one or two ahead of me requesting an alcoholic drink, did not hear the stewards reply, but it was in the negative. On return, at Bahrain, no one to meet us to take us to hotel, no information whatever. Finally found Gulf Air help desk (opposite Gate 18), lady there informed me they no longer gave free hotel, but gave me a food voucher which I could use in one of the fast food outlets, I chose KFC. Fortified by my meal I found a nice bar (like a sports bar with football on TV). Later on decided to pay walk in fee for Gulf lounge (70 $ US for 4 hours), but at least I had some decent food and a few vodka and tonics to help me sleep on the final leg to London. My impression, Gulf wants to be a low budget, no frills airline, but has forgotten to reduce its price accordingly. I was frequent flier pre covid and used Emirates, Qatar, Etihad, and other airlines in the past. Will be using these others for future flights.
RouteLondon to Manila via Bahrain
Date FlownNovember 2023

"missed my connection flight"

(Armenia)

Trip Verified | My first flight Tbilisi to Bahrain was delayed as result I missed my connection flight from Bahrain to Manila. I had other connection flight from Manila to Bacolod (by AirAsia) and this ticket burned. Company shifted my flight on 24 hours, so I ve decided to buy a new ticket Manila-Bacolod. When I arrived at airport on next day, I can see that my flight Manama - Manila delayed on 3 hours. As result my second ticket Manila - Bacolod burned. All in all, I ve bought 4 tickets Manila Bacolod (for me and my wife) and I ve reached Manila 27 hours later. My vacation was ruined. I spent additional 500$ on lost 2 vacations days. Wifi and TV doesn't work.
RouteTbilisi to Manila via Bahrain
Date FlownOctober 2023

“horrible customer service”

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Terrible airline, really bad quality food and above all horrible customer service. When I wanted to change my ticket they quoted me a charge that would be higher than if I just booked a whole new ticket with the same flight, same airline, same seat. Then when I tried to request a refund, they claimed that I would not be able to get a refund as apparently the cancellation charge would exceed the return ticket. Sneaky and pathetic ways of trying to make money which will result in a loss of a potential lifetime customer since I actually am from Bahrain (Gulf Air HQ). I will do my best to avoid ever using them again and the same for all my family and friends.
RouteBahrain to Bangkok via Singapore
Date FlownApril 2023

"makes you pay for their mistakes"

(Israel)

Not Verified | Great airline until you have the smallest problem - and then you are left totally alone. Nice service, good planes. But once there is the smallest problem - you are left alone, they will not help you with anything, just add difficulties. Our flight from Bahrain to Manila was delayed 2 times : 2 hours delay that they announced a day before the flight and 2.5 hours more at the airport. Total of 4.5 hours delay. That caused passengers to miss their domestic flight from Manila and I had to buy a new flight. The ground staff of Gulf Air in Bahrain Airport told me to write a complaint to Gulf Air customer service about it and ask for a refund. Until now, 3 weeks later, no reply from them. This is only the start. On the flight back - they canceled the flight from Manama to Tel Aviv due to political instability reasons. They didn't give an alternative destination option, they didn't give an alternative date, they didn't give anything- just an option to refund, without even mentioning the amount. Although they sent a mail for canceling only Manama- Tel Aviv section only, and keeping Manila-Bahrain flight as is, when I came to check in, they took long time to deal with my reservation, told me that my reservation was canceled, and asked me to call their ticketing office to rebook my flight. Yes, they are working in Gulf Air and they are asking me to make a new reservation. Amazing, they said that my reservation was canceled (they didn't send any email about it) and they asked for additional fee to rebook it! So not only they did few mistakes, not only they gave 3 flights instead of 4, they also asked additional money for it. Gulf air makes you pay for their mistakes.
RouteManila to Tel Aviv via Bahrain
Date FlownOctober 2023

"unexpected bad experiences"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | My boarding date was 29.09.2023 from Colombo Airport. The airport counter staff who represent Gulf Air behaved with me very rudely and gave me unexpected bad experiences. As the result of the way he handled me, I was the last passenger to entered into the flight. I submitted every document properly and clearly, even though he wasted more than an hour of my precious time. I never recommend you to select this kind of service.
RouteColombo to Bahrain