Gulf Air

"new 787 was clean and fresh"

Trip Verified | London to Dubai via Bahrain. The new 787 was clean and fresh with good seat pitch. Plenty of overhead baggage space available. A basic amenity kit was a nice touch. The food was good and tasty however there was no water on the meal tray. several passengers were requesting water from the crew prior and during the meal service. The drinks cart passed through the cabin as a separate service after all the meals had been distributed and not accompanying the meal carts. By this time we were already a couple of hours into night flight that departed at 22.00 and people were gasping for fluids. A sweet apple pastry was served prior to landing with accompanying drinks service. Empty cups or garbage was not collected before landing and I noticed passengers still holding empty cups. The 1 hour connecting flight on a tired & aged A320 was comfortable & uneventful. A snack was served with juice. The same on the return Dubai - Bahrain sector. The return London 787 flight was slightly delayed. As the aircraft turned onto the runway a passenger stood up in the aisle looking for the toilet. He was sat a few rows in front/view of crew member with her eyes closed so unaware a passenger was out of their seat. I shouted across the cabin requesting he to sit down which he did. The main cabin lights were dimmed however the mid Galley lights were fully on potentially impeding the visual orientation of the passengers and crew sat at doors. I raised these issues with the crew after take off. During the night i walked to the mid galley to obtain a drink and had to ask the crew member sat on a box several times as she was asleep. She woke but didn't move - instead pointed to orange juice and told me to help myself. A full tasty breakfast was served prior to landing. During landing i noticed several window blinds were still down. My expectations of Gulf air were not met. The crew were generally helpful and provided a reasonable mediocre service, but didn't go out of their way, and in a couple of instances failed in both service and safety procedures.
RouteLondon to Dubai via Bahrain
Date FlownApril 2019

"flight was cancelled"

Trip Verified | Alexandria to Dubai via Bahrain. It is so frustrating when you go to the airport, and then discover that the flight from Alexandria was cancelled? Without neither your agent or airline to notify you in advance!I sincerely never recommend Gulf Air.
RouteAlexandria to Dubai via Bahrain
Date FlownApril 2019

"standards are dropping"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Dammam to Karachi via Bahrain. Ever since Gulf Air has used Almasariya Universal Airlines to operate some routes, their service standards are dropping drastically. First of all cabin crew hardly speaks any language other than Arabic which I've noticed makes it very hard for Umrah Passengers to communicate. There's no IFE on these aircraft. If Gulf Air is planning to keep renewing the lease, at least they must equip aircraft with IFE. Their ground staff is professional but their efforts to keep passenger's journey stress free go in vain because of aircraft conditions. Since I prefer to fly with Gulf Air, if they happen to see the review, I hope they'll take necessary measures to overcome these issues.
RouteDammam to Karachi via Bahrain
Date FlownMarch 2019

"no special meal option for me"

Trip Verified | Flew from London to Abu Dhabi via Bahrain on their Boeing 787 and then A320. Had requested a special meal. First meal ( dinner) was fine although service is slow to non-existent e.g. didn't get my drink until after I had finished my meal. The worst was when they served a light breakfast before landing, I was told there is no special meal option for me and my wife despite having requested it almost a week prior. Seems Gulf Air us not reliable for dietary requirements so suggest either bringing your own food onboard or better yet fly with another airline - plenty to pick from. On the plus side the new air craft is comfortable enough. IFE movie selection is one of the most limited I've seen in a long time. This is the first time I flew with Gulf Air, would I use them again? No. I'd pay the £30-50 extra to use one of the other neighbouring country carriers.
RouteLondon to Bahrain via Abu Dhabi

"friendly above expectations"

Trip Verified | It is my pleasure to write for the cabin crew of flight GF-153 who made mine and few of my friends journey from Bangkok to Bahrain one of the most memorable 7.40 hours in air time. They have been friendly above our expectations. I have been travelling to places quite often and based on my experiences it really impress me to say that I was satisfied beyond.
RouteBangkok to Bahrain

"he refused to board"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Dammam via Bahrain. Very disappointed. At connection airport while boarding i had a boarding pass, but was not allowed to pass to the aircraft as Gulf Air manager dropped passengers out from the flight thinking that connection flight would be delayed. But it was in time. I had even boarding pass, but airport personnel called Gulf Air manager and he refused to board. When i approached Gulf Air manager he told me that flight is boarded already, and that he was not aware of call from departure gate when it was opened and i was there. Now i will fly night time with flight which is 5 hours later.
RouteMoscow to Dammam via Bahrain

"recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | London to Dubai via Bahrain. The first time I've flown with this airline and was really impressed. The first leg from London to Bahrain was on their new B787-9 planes which were really clean and fresh, and you can immediately see the size of the thing. Add to that, the comfort, features and cabin pressure made the flight a much more enjoyable experience so top marks for that. The service onboard was fantastic with the crew assisting in every way possible, got a good location seating wise since there was 4 of us. The only downside is their planes have a 3 by 3 by 3 layout which means if you are a family or 4-6, you'll be sitting in the next row with a gap (I think most planes have at least 4 in one row) but this is a new plane so can't complain. Check-in from LHR was prompt including take-off and landing on time. The plane landed at Bahrain so smoothly you wouldn't even notice! Legroom was exceptional for the economy cabin as was the storage in the lockers and the seat pitch. The amenity kit was provided also which added to the comfort. The final leg of my journey from Bahrain to Dubai was on the older A320-200. Although these are old, I found them to be comfortable and for a journey which was only 1 hour it did the job perfectly. Legroom was fantastic, the seat pitch was great. Food and drinks were served promptly on both legs of the journey. For the short-haul flights, you are transported via bus to the plane at BAH, from the old terminal rather than using the sky bridges as the planes are also parked far away. On the way back, there was double security checking at Bahrain airport which I found weird, and this was just before we commenced boarding but nothing that detracted from the overall experience. I’ve not used the airline before, since my main route used to be with Qatar flying via Doha but since that route has been closed, Gulf is a viable option. In-flight entertainment is excellent on the 10” touch screens to keep you entertained, the map system is also very nice using a system by Thales. Overall, I would recommend this airline, and will definitely fly in the future.
RouteLondon to Dubai via Bahrain
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"friendly cabin crew"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Bahrain to Dubai. Nice and very good flight, friendly cabin crew, nice cabin and good seats, the meal was very delicious, the welcoming drinks and dates and arabic coffee were very good.
RouteBahrain to Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"credit when it is due"

(Bahrain)

Not Verified | Bahrain to Abu Dhabi. I like to give credit when it is due, it is not often that we see positives about experiences when flying especially in Y class. This was a redemption ticket with miles as I am gold with Gulf Air. Painless booking. Check in very smooth, through fast track immigration as always in seconds and the lounge had its usual decent food and bev. I have always found Gulf Air crew to be their best asset, they are always upbeat, and have that can do attitude. One passenger across from me looked very nervous and the crew were great in supporting her and keeping her assured. Service perfectly for this hop, with a second drink delivered with of course attitude. Kudos to Gulf Air, better flight crews and on board service on short hops that EK or EY and I am gold with both. Where Gulf Air need to improve is their entertainment systems which lack any real content.
RouteBahrain to Abu Dhabi
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"service was absolutely superb"

Trip Verified | London to Bangkok via Bahrain. Everything about the flights was excellent but in particular the cabin service was absolutely superb. Quick and efficient check in and boarding. Great food with very comfortable and spacious seat / bed. Easily the best airline I have used.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Bahrain