flydubai

"feels really cheap"

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Dubai. This airline has seemingly nothing to do with Emirates (that they proudly advertise) other than the check-in and gate. The aircraft is uncomfortable, no entertainment (no screen) or if they do needs payment. No water, no snacks - feels really cheap, like squeezing pennies anywhere they can - they don't get to go to the terminal, you are hauled to the aircraft with a bus. The staff was nice though, no complains about that.
RouteBucharest to Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2019

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Sofia. Was upgraded to Business class because plane was full. Seat was nice and roomy, footrest did extend but it did not raise up, so not a leg-rest. You get automatic access to all the movies and in-flight entertainment, along with a pretty good pair of noise-cancelling headphones. Seat back went back quite far without interfering with person behind. Wifi I think is also included (didn't use it). The food was not much better than economy, but served nicely, and you got a lot of juice and water if you wanted it. Small bottle of water was also in the armrest when we arrived. There were pillows and a fleece blanket provided. Service was very good up front - nice flight attendants. Only minus is that, because the front door is open to let passengers in, business class gets extremely hot sitting on the tarmac in summer conditions at Dubai airport - bring a fan to cool yourself before take off. For a budget airline, I was pleasantly surprised at the good quality of the business class flight, but not sure if I'd actually pay for it.
RouteDubai to Sofia
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Never flying FlyDubai again"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Naples. So disappointed with the customer service of Fly Dubai. They cancelled our return flight and didn’t inform us - only found out on the day of the first flight. Now they are only offering us a flight on a different date or a refund which both are not an option for us because we have to fly on that day and the one way flights have now doubled in price. 10 phone calls later and still not a reasonable compensation. First 2 days of holiday ruined because of the stress and endless conversations on the phone and empty promises. Never flying FlyDubai again! Also the plane was not cleaned before we entered, when I opened the window I couldn’t look through the glass because of the grease, was offered a wet tissue to clean it myself which was given 15 min later. Also the floor was full with chips and other crumbs, the screens didn’t work and this is not mentioning the disappointing food items they serve. Will pay that little bit extra next time to avoid this drama.
RouteDubai to Naples

"The worst flight ever"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Kuwait. The worst flight ever, I will never fly with fly Dubai ever again, they made us wait on the bus right outside the aircraft for half an hour in this heat, the AC wasn’t working on the bus either. If the aircraft is not ready for boarding what is the point getting people to the bus!
RouteDubai to Kuwait
Date FlownJune 2019

"was pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Kathmandu to Dubai in Business class. I was pleasantly surprised with how the chief purser was courteous and kind to all passengers, including my elderly parents. He offered to stow their luggage for them without them asking. The IFE was good with good range of movies to watch on this flight. Wifi was decently priced. I was able to use the inflight charging ports. We were offered a hot meal which was filling and good quality. Snacks were offered prior to arrival. disembarked via a bus and was out in no time! can't fault this airline! Well done Flydubai for providing a good product at a competitive price! I hope they bring back the 737MAX back soon with the flat beds in J class!
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteKathmandu to Dubai
Date FlownApril 2019

"dissapointed with this airline"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Moscow. Get a seat with extra space for legs in the front part of cabin. Crew member decided to swap passenger who suppose to seat next to me, for lady with very young kid, (like 2-3 months old) who was screaming and crying all the time. When I asked to change my seat for similar or better cause baby was horribly annoying and there were few empty seats in front of me and around the cabin. Crew member looked at me like at piece of junk and said no. Thats rude, I am dissapointed with this airline.
RouteDubai to Moscow
Date FlownJune 2019

"Stay away from this airline"

Not Verified | Mumbai to Moscow via Dubai. They lost our baby stroller at the very beginning of a 15 days trip, then returned it to us around the 8th or 9th day with 2 wheels of 4 missing. All efforts to put sense into them failed and eventually we were handed USD50 for a USD100 stroller that was now useless and nothing for our plight of not being able to use a stroller for 15 days. Stay away from this airline.
RouteMumbai to Moscow via Dubai
Date FlownApril 2019

"the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Bahrain to Mumbai via Dubai. Flydubai is the worst airline company. Their staff is rude, flights are late and they cheat their passengers for excess baggage purchase by charging 2.5 times more than their written policy.
RouteBahrain to Mumbai via Dubai

"my baggage are missing"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | My wife was traveling from Abha to Faisalabad via Dubai. No one inform me that Sialkot airport is closed when I reached airport they told that my destination divert to Faisalabad. We have no option. My wife was traveling alone and she was landed about 300 km from her hometown at mid night. After that I heard a news that my baggage are missing. She complaint at the airport. There is no complaint mechanism and tracking for that to find the things. I am worried about that these things will be stolen/ missing. I sent them email, call at dubai and use every channel but till now I didnt find any information/ response from them.
RouteAbha to Faisalabad via Dubai

"they charge for water"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Muscat. Short 40-min flight from Dubai to Muscat. Departure and arrival on time. Check-in swift. Departure from DXB Terminal 2 is a nuisance though since it is not connected to the metro and can only be reached from Terminal 3 by a 45-min (!) taxi ride during the traffic rush hour. Very narrow seating, but it is a budget airline after all. Still I find it outrageous that they charge for water in the evening after a Ramadan day with temperatures reaching the lower 40s (C) outside.
RouteDubai to Muscat