flydubai

"staff are so irresponsible"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline I’ve travelled through The baggage staff are very irresponsible They have damaged my bag and after I contacted them they promised me that I’ll recieve a new bag I’ve mentioned that my bag is big size and baggage service staff in Delhi argued that my bag is of medium size and later when I sent measurements in the form of video and also the tag of my bag she agreed that it was a big bag, and finally sent me a bag which is of small size After complaining that it is a small size bag she kept on saying that it is impossible to give me a bag of the damaged bag and now none of the staff nor the complainant center is answering my calls I suggest not to travel through this airline Where staff are so irresponsible.
RouteKiev to Delhi via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2020

"good way to not refund my money"

Trip Verified | I booked online, on the Flydubai website. I had to cancel because of the pandemic, but they refuse to accept that I booked online, and continually tell me to contact my travel agent. It’s a good way to not refund my money. Ripped off!
RouteDubai to Tbilisi
Date FlownAugust 2020

"misrepresented in false advertising"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | flydubai sells tickets that it advertises as 'refundable'. Nowhere in its advertising does flydubai mention that by 'refundable' they mean that they will cancel the flight, then 'refund' you with their own vouchers, which you must use in a limited time. The word 'refundable' refers to *funds*, i.e., money, not to vouchers. Other airlines that 'refund' with vouchers make that clear in their advertising. Not flydubai though. They are arguing in their defense that the voucher policy is mentioned in their ToS. But this doesn't change the fact that it is misrepresented in their false advertising! You cannot lie in one place, then defend yourself by saying that you didn't lie in another place. A lie is a lie. To make things worse, the flight they canceled was one that they had no business selling, because they did not actually have government permission to operate it. They sold tickets on a phantom flight, then canceled the flight, and pocketed the money! A plain robbery.
RouteNur-Sultan to Bucharest
Date FlownMay 2020

"not refunded the price difference"

Trip Verified | My partner and I flew from Zanzibar to Dubai on FlyDubai in March 2020. (This review is late because I've given the airline every opportunity to rectify the issue; I'm only writing now that they've closed the case.) The desk attendant saw that we had business class tickets (for which we paid a fortune), then told us he would put us in separate seats in Economy unless we gave him $250. I told him that was robbery, but that I'd give him $100 to just give me back our seats since we needed to make our connection. He accepted that offer and had another attendant accompany me out of the airport to the parking lot ATM where he demanded the money - I removed cash but refused to give him any until safely back inside. By this time, the first desk clerk had redoubled the price. The men then flipped their badges around so I couldn't see their names. When I told them I was calling the police, they gave us two economy seats and warned me that if the police actually came, they'd say I'd threatened them and I'd never make my flight. So we took our downgraded economy seats and left. I've been talking with FlyDubai for two months now. They do not care. They have not refunded the price difference for business class versus economy, and they have made no effort to find these men.
RouteZanzibar to Dubai

"they will never help"

Trip Verified | They are not helping at all if you need any inquiry that is matching already with their policy and not against it. If they replied they always have a negative reply and never helping to fix any problem. the last reply I got from them "your voucher for AED 900 is no more working (which expires in Sep 2020) and it was just a simple reply from their customer service supervisor" Don't take the risk and book with them if you face any problem they will never help even if they can easily do it.
RouteDubai to Cairo
Date FlownMarch 2020

"they do not reimburse the money"

Not Verified | I booked a round-trip flight from Shiraz to Dubai. They canceled the flight but they do not reimburse the money. After a long round of email exchange, they only promised to give us vouchers for future flights. This is very ridiculous. We have nothing in Dubai and we do not plan to visit Dubai at least in the next couple of years. Why should we be made to fly to Dubai instead of receiving the money back? They took the money while they have not provided any service for that.
RouteShiraz to Dubai

"worst travel experience"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Zanzibar to Dubai. The worst travel experience. Don’t refund money for cancelled flights which they cancelled. Don’t put you into another plane, leave you and don’t care. All they offer you is a voucher worth 70% of the original cost. Customer service is useless. Please do not spend your money on this airline. As they will leave you somewhere in the world and it will cost you triple money to get back.
RouteZanzibar to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"worst traveling experience ever"

(Nepal)

Trip Verified | Kathmandu to Dubai. This is worst traveling experience ever. I have got all the documents but still fly Dubai staff didn’t board me in. I was supposed to depart on 20th but nobody can explain what was the issue.
RouteKathmandu to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"lack of entertainment option"

Not Verified | Kathmandu to Dubai with flydubai. Had to take this airline because of it's codeshare with my primary airline. It's a narrow body aircraft with only economy class configuration, so didn't expect a great deal of seating comfort. But the lack of entertainment option made it quite frustrating. Didn't even have a screen showing the general information. The food did not taste nice and, the cabin crew compared to other airlines were below standard. Could never get connected with the on board WiFi either.
RouteKathmandu to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"very happy with the level of staff’s professionalism"

(Ghana)

Trip Verified | We travelled on a family vacation to Dubai and back two weeks ago. The trip was great, flying experience with Fly Dubai was especially wonderful because of the excellent customer service we received. We checked in two and a half hours early at the airport. Check in was smooth. Boarding commenced as per schedule and was systematically done. Cabin crew was courteous and warm. Inflight service was good too. We were seated on the 10th row, seat pitch was great and seats were very comfortable. Landing was 5 minutes early. We were carrying a DSLR Camera with us as it was a vacation trip. As we reached the arrival hall I suddenly realised we had forgotten the camera onboard. I instantly ran to the customer help desk in the arrival hall and informed him about the camera. The gentleman at the desk was spontaneous in response. He immediately called the security agent on-board and confirmed having it there. Staff coordinated with each other and got it arranged at the arrival hall in no time. We were very happy with the level of staff’s professionalism and efficiency. The trip was pleasant because it started at a great note. Flight back home was also great. We definitely recommend it to everyone!
RouteMumbai to Dubai