flydubai

"should offer the basic facilities"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Colombo. I was traveling Back to Colombo and I was on an Emirates ticket. This was a budget Airline. I believe if FlyDubai is offering CodeShare with a Premium flight, at least they should offer the basic facilities of the Premium Flight. Although I was served with a main meal, all others such was at a cost. I refused the main meal simply as, me and the passenger next to me was served, but the other passenger in the same row was not served a meal. This made it uncomfortable for me to have meals next to a person (in the same row) who was not even served a glass of water. This is purely discrimination practiced by many budget Airlines (not only FLYDubai but some of the other Budget Airlines too). - Entertainment was also optional at a cost although I had an Emirates ticket. Baggage allowance was 20kg against 30kg offered by Emirates (However I must confess that this did not come by surprise as it was declared before). At the check-in counter I wanted a fragile sticker in by baggage but I was told that FLYDUBAI does not have fragile stickers and the baggage to be dropped at the Oversized baggage counter where I have to stand behind another queue. - In the online checking section the Meals option was only for Vegetarian and a Moslem Meal (I was not sure what was this meal as it did not have any description).
RouteDubai to Colombo
Date FlownOctober 2018

"take this airline again"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Baku. I hadn't flown FZ since 3 or 4 years but I was impressed by the overall experience. We left on time, staff were very polite, the aircraft recent with leg space and more comfortable seats than the older versions. Flight was very smooth and the landing perfect. I went to Baku and came back the next day. The aircraft was delayed from Dubai 40 mins but the captain apologised and said he would try and catch up on route. The aircraft was 7 years old and my screen wasn't working, I asked the woman next me if we could display the flight info and that was fine. Flight also very smooth and great approach and landing. Will take this airline again.
RouteDubai to Baku
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"small area with no benefits"

Trip Verified | Amman to Dubai. I paid extra fees to sit on the first line to get extra legroom. But it was small area with no benefits. The cabin crew also was tough, there was no space for our hand luggage. No monitors in the flight. Beverages menu the same since flydubai starts.
RouteAmman to Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Worst flying experience ever"

Trip Verified | Entebbe to Dubai. Worst flying experience ever. My flight was five and a half hours. All the TVs around mine were broken but the screens stayed on and they generated a lot of heat. The air conditioning barely worked. The back of the plane had AC and TVs. It was incredibly dry and we couldn’t have more water aside from the 125 ml served with the small meal. There was essentially no safety briefing and the pamphlet had no words so you had to guess what the pictures mean. All announcements before the last 15 minutes were spoken by someone whose English was very poor, seriously hard to understand. The ride sucked.
RouteEntebbe to Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2018

"I would recommend to avoid"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | Dubai to Prague. Terminal 2 at Dubai - where FlyDubai fly in and out of - is one big cramped hall, with a couple of toilets and a couple of duty free shops. If your layover here is more than 2 hours then I would recommend taking the transfer bus to terminal 3 and enjoying the space there. Positives: The plane was on time. It was a new plane. Boarding staff were very professional. They got me from A to B. Negatives: Leg-room was very limited and the seats were very narrow. When I checked in online I was shown another passengers details and I feel this must have been the reason why I was provided with a free meal, which was inedible. The plane was overheated and the screen didn't work. Overall, I would recommend flying with a standard airline. FlyDubai are a discount airline with standard prices. I would recommend to avoid.
RouteDubai to Prague
Date FlownAugust 2018

"impossible to contact them"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Khartoum morning 16 August 2018. Arrived to DXB the previous evening from T1 and had to move by busses to T2 to get BP. Terrible mess and nightmare to queue up in T2 – completely disorganised with no signage and information. A goat-market of dimensions. Most check-in staff incompetent and could not find peoples bookings resulting in many hefty discussions (people almost fighting) for the whole transit hall. Eventually I was granted to pass the 2nd security and enter their Lounge in T2 which is far below standard to all the lounges in T1. Spent almost 4 hours from arrival before entering the lounge – and still without BP as my “booking did not exist”!? They brought it 3 a.m. by courier to the lounge, though. No recognition nor prioritisation of business class customers in the entire T2. Only the lounge gives a small advantage (have champagne and beer), though it is not impressive and food are lousy. While onboard the B737 the business class cabin turned out to differ from economy and was decent with large seats and free services, inc. take-off champagne. 2 hot-meals were offered, both of very mediocre quality. When descending for Khartoum the KRT airport was suddenly announced closed due to a crash on the runway. Thus, we were diverted back to Port Sudan where we were halted on the runway for 2 hours. The ground mess will make me think twice to struggle with this airline again. Was given Miles to my Skywards account as Flydubai recently fully integrated their FFP programme with Emirates. Major drawback is luggage: I was guaranteed from DXB that both pieces were identified and loaded. However, 1 piece did never arrive in KRT and was obviously not loaded. Could not access any Lost Luggage counter and could neither get PIR report not contact Flydubai as their emails bounches. De facto had to forsake 1 piece of luggage due to they lied to me and impossible to contact them. KRT airport became closed due to an airplane crash in the runways. Thus we had to go back and down in Port Sudan and wait together with other airlines for some 3 hours on the tarmac before travel was resumes. Lost my connection in KRT.
RouteDubai to Khartoum
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Staff were rude, insensitive"

Trip Verified | Khartoum to Dubai. I have just stepped off a Fky Dubai flight which was delayed from Khartoum to Dubai by over 3 hours. Delay is acceptable - it happens but how an airline deals with the situation is critical. I was traveling alone and was assisting a fellow traveller who was travelling with a baby (3 months) and a 1 year 9 month old toddler who was asleep when we arrived and they had missed a connection flight to Oslo. The mother had handed over her pushchair before boarding the plane at Khartoum and despite knowing that our flight was 3 hrs late and many travellers had transit they were not prepared to deal with tired and anxious passengers. I asked for a pushchair and was ignored by several staff. Staff were rude, insensitive and had an attitude with all the confused passengers. They had no information and when I told them the woman couldn’t speak English and I am actually entering Dubai, I was simply told by a manager to “just go into Dubai”! The staff where just as rude as the manager. After holding this sleeping baby for an hr and being delayed over 4 hrs to enter Dubai and go to work, they came with a pushchair that was in the back!! Delays happen but it’s not fly Dubai staff have to accept that passengers are unhappy and assist them. This is what customer service is about. I have vowed to never travel with fly Dubai with my children as this experience has shown me that they are insensitive to passengers with Children.
RouteKhartoum to Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2018

"experience was very bad"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Bahrain. My experience was very bad. Flight FZ025 was scheduled at 14:25. Passengers rode the bus at 14:35 and the bus did not move for more than 1/2 hour. It was hot and AC was bad and I have 2 degenerative slipped discs and Rotator Cuff injury in shoulder that I could not stay standing that long. The bus moved to the plane and by the plane Fly Dubai mad us stay in the Bus for approximately another 40 minutes. Eventually. we got into the plane and the plane started taxiing at about 15:50 when it stopped for another 25 minutes until it departed at 16:15. This is not how to treat passengers. No respect, no consideration. The least Fly Dubai could do is to leave the passengers stay at the airport hall until their plane is ready to move and not to leave after 2 hours! I reached Bahrain with massive backache and shoulder pain.
RouteDubai to Bahrain

"the worst airline"

(Kazakhstan)

Trip Verified | Astana to Dubai. Flydubai is the worst airline I ever experienced, starting from uncomfortable seats, finishing with terrible service. I had international flight from Astana to Dubai, UAE with my family at 4.30 am. I faced was delay of the boarding time on 40 minutes, what later on lead delay of departure time on 20 minutes. I had sit number 14C, unfortunately it was next to emergency exit, and as they explained me on a board such seats are not designed for changing position, what means 5 hours I had to sit and not have opportunity to have even little nap, I think such details should be mentioned somewhere before, including that people in front of me could change positions and lay, what made trip even more uncomfortable. Then tv on a back of chair I could turn it on and off only with help of not very friendly personal, staff explained it to me as “it is not as sensitive as your phone” I’m sorry, but there was zero response how ever hard I tried to chose something on the screen. You have to pay for watching tv, playing games or watching movies separately? When I asked staff for water for me and for my family, she told me that there not enough water for free for all passengers, but we can buy water for 10 dirham each bottle if we are thirsty. For my coming back from Dubai to Astana, 50 people had to stand in a one bus and waiting I don’t know what for, but have been there for 30 minuets! Again flight was delayed! And those hours passengers had to wait not in a terminal with Air Conditioner and WiFi, but suffer in a terrible conditions.
RouteAstana to Dubai

"it is always late"

Trip Verified | Kiev to Dubai. Staff are far from friendly, seat spacing is too narrow and the worst of all it is always late. I've been using this airline since launch and nothing has changed.
AircraftBoeing 737 max