flydubai

"It was a humiliating experience"

Trip Verified | FlyDubai was my first leg of a 4 flight journey travelling with a 2yo child. I was carrying a basic folding travel pram which I was told during checkin could be carried on board to make life easier at each airport stopover. On boarding with FlyDubai the flight crew immediately started to make excuses as to why it was actually not possible to bring the pram on board; it’s not safe, does it fold, you will take up two spaces (I booked two seats so?) and they made me stand at the door to the plane while everyone else boarded insisting that only then would they see if there was enough space to take it. Standing with a child while different crew members gave me their own reasons why it’s not possible - one raising her voice and even threatening me by saying 5 passengers had been kicked off previous flights that day!) It was a humiliating experience, I was told beforehand it would be okay, and I was standing with a child the whole time with a long flight ahead of me. When everyone has boarded, one of the crew followed me to my seat and watched as I loaded the pram overhead. It’s so skinny when folded that it went in without any problem and there was plenty of space for everyone else’s bags. Honestly, the whole situation could have been avoided if they had simply helped.
RouteNovosibirsk to Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"It’s outrageous and bad branding"

Trip Verified | I booked Emirates from Dubai to Salalah. Flight was operated by Flydubai. I was flying to Salalah because I was participating in a cycling race. I needed of course to take a bicycle. I thought it would be fine given that I had booked though Emirates and I have flown numerous times with my bike. I thought everything was fine. However I was wrong. Since the leg was operated by FlyDubai apparently my normal luggage allowance was not taken into consideration. Even though my bike was within my allowance for size and weight flydubai denied taking it on board. Initially upon booking they told me to ring 24hrs prior to flight to confirm my sports equipment. Emirates never asked this but I thought on this occasion I would try. However when doing so I was told that the flight was full and they couldn’t load my bike. They made me book an additional and separate cargo shipment for my luggage for what I had to pay an had to pay extra 1000aed and go through the hassle of arranging and picking up at Dubai cargo terminal. And to my very surprise I then found out that they actually loaded my bike on same flight as I was booked on! Many of my colleagues never called to confirm booking and they got their bicycles on the plane, for free with no hassle. I was furious. Why did I have to pay all this extra money. FlyDubai is a cheap airline that use fraudulent upselling techniques to get more money out of the passengers. Why couldn’t they just have taken my luggage on board as normal like they did with everyone else. Don’t understand what a reputable airline, like Emirates, would work together with flydubai. It’s outrageous and bad branding.
RouteSalalah to Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"I haven't got any real help"

Trip Verified | They lost my baby stroller during the interchange in Dubai. The baby stroller has been delivered in a few days, but as I already went to another city I was not able to get it from the airport. They don't deliver it to your address, you have to pick it up from the airport yourself. When I got a baby stroller, some important parts weren't there. I've contacted flydubai baggage service team and claimed that we can't use the baby stroller without those parts as it's just not safe, but for more than 10 days and more than 4 emails already I haven't got any real help.
RouteNursultan via Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2022

"failure to manage the time of the flights"

Not Verified | Dubai to Tabuk. I'm waiting for my boarding and I was just shouted at for a simple misunderstanding. They asked me to come 4 hours in advance simply to cover for their failure to manage the time of the flights.
RouteDubai to Tabuk
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Worst airline I have ever flown"

(Kuwait)

Not Verified | Worst airline I have ever flown with in my life, where do I start? We were treated like cattle during boarding and the crew was very cold and short-tempered. Food was also absolutely vile. My mother also ended up getting sick from the air conditioning in the aircraft, they refused to give her a blanket.
RouteBeirut to Kuwait via Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2022

"worst flight I have ever been on"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | I booked a ticket from an airline from Muscat to Batumi round ticket. My original flight from Dubai to Muscat was canceled, and I was forced to have 11 hours to transit which, if I had known from the start, I would have picked another option to fly. This caused me to rent a room outside the airport to sleep before my morning flight. My flight from Batumi to Dubai was delayed 4 hours, and no compensation or apologies was offered. At 5 am, 2 hours before my flight from Dubai to Muscat, I received a message that the flight would have a further delay from 7 am till 14:45. No apparent reason why, although there were no more sandstorms, and all flights were operating just fine. Someone decided this flight could delay, and other fights could go on. This delay caused me to miss another flight from Muscat to Salalah scheduled at 11:40 am with Salam Air which was not refundable. At the airport, I was trying to find ways to leave before 14:45, so I could meet my commitment in Salalah before 17:00. I checked if I could be offloaded from the flight so I could take my bags and leave on a flight with Oman air at 11:00 am. At first, they told me I could, and I went and purchased the flight from Oman air and another flight from Oman air from Muscat to Salalah at 16:30. I asked them to offload me and directed me to the arrival area to collect my bag. I went there and discovered that it was impossible because I could only collect my bag after the flight takeoff after 14:45. This means that both flights I purchased are now useless. I spoke to the people at the airport, and they only advised me to wait for the flight; otherwise, I would lose my bag. 5. I waited for my flight at 14:45. I have been in transit at the airport for 19 hours with no apparent reasons and no clarification. They started to board people at the gate at 14:20. Here, I realize another delay is happening. The flight only took off at 15:35, which again caused me to miss my flight from Muscat to Salalah at 16:30. Overall, this is the worst flight I have ever been on and caused me so much money for a hotel, transportation, and missed flights.
RouteBatumi to Muscat
Date FlownAugust 2022

"worst experience I've ever had"

(Iran)

Trip Verified | The worst experience I've ever had. After a fantastic trip, it ended with this disastrous flight. First, the ticket didn't write about which terminal is our departure terminal, so we were confused and got off at the wrong terminal. After a long walk and another taxi, we reached the right terminal, at the entrance, we figured out that the flight has a 1-hour delay at the screen board and will take off at 23 instead of 22, but when we asked the airline personnel when getting the boarding pass, they said no there is no delay with this flight, however the take-off time on boarding pass was written 21. At last, the flight took off at 23:20 after another 20 min delay on the bus! Seats were very close to each other and it was hard for me to sit with a height of 180cm. No food or water were served to us, and said your ticket did not include any food, but our friend with the same ticket got a meal, also they were not happy with their meals. Then stewardesses collected left meals and dishes in plastic bags in their hands and talked loudly to themselves, what a disgusting scene! And at last, this disaster finished with an awful landing.
RouteDubai to Tehran

"Terrible service overall"

Trip Verified | Terrible service overall. Staff were bad, aircraft is old and uncomfortable, one poor meal option. Flight delayed by 3 hrs on the way back. I have never seen anything worse than that in my life.
RouteDubai to Baku
Date FlownAugust 2022

"treated with contempt and indifference"

Trip Verified | Heartless, soulless staff and company. I am disgusted and appalled at what is the worst travel experience of my entire life with this airline. This is the first time I have flown with FlyDubai and rest assured it will be my last. One hour into my flight I became very feverish and experienced symptoms that correlated with gastroenteritis. I became visibly shaky and the passengers directly adjacent to me became concerned with my wellbeing and I moved to an empty extra legroom seat which I subsequently paid for. I asked for a blanket which was refused by the air hostess supervisor who explained that the blankets were reserved for business class passengers only. She made extremely mocking gestures to me as I continued to shake and I explained that the AC was extremely low and if I kept shaking I will throw up. I have never seen anyone with as much disregard for the duty of passenger care as her. The remainder of the passengers next to me were shocked at how nonchalant she was about the situation. When I threw up in the isle, she took little notice and instructed the other flight attendants to clean it up. It was only after seeing me continue to shake that she then brought a blanket and made several extremely condescending and rude comments "now you will be happy yeah?" as I sat visibly shaking. I wrapped myself in the blanket and she woke me several times to ask me why I wasn't sitting in the correct seat and I told her I would pay but I was clearly unwell and that's why I decided to move. She had such little care for how I was feeling and disregarded the sanctity of the human condition in front of her. Just because I didn't book business class does not mean I am to be treated subhuman and woken several times when I am trying to sleep through the fever. I paid for the seat and requested paracetamol several times, and my request was ignored several times. This airline had a duty of care towards a really sick passenger and I was treated with contempt and indifference. My complaint to FlyDubai was summarily dismissed and no compensatory effort attempted.
RouteBeirut to Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Very poor service and communication"

Trip Verified | Very poor service and communication. First they advised that the flight will be delayed by 1 hour. Later they made us board the aircraft and kept us waiting locked up in the plane for another 3 hours. Big delays in the bus transporting us from the terminal to the aircraft. Not a single apology from the airline officials after they made us disembark from the first aircraft and transported us back to the terminal and got us to board a 2nd aircraft. Total delays 6 hours without food. Worst ever experience.
RouteDubai to Alexandria