flydubai

"a very dishonest company"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | I had a ticket for this flight to fly to Dubai to join a cruise so it was imperative that I fly in time for the cruise departure. On checking their web site I noticed the flight was no longer listed. I then called their office in Istanbul and they informed me the flight was cancelled. I then sent an email to flydubai in Dubai and they assured me that my flight will depart on that date. I explained to them that I must depart on that particular date because of the cruise. They again assured me the flight will depart, A week before departure I received a message the flight was cancelled and after some correspondence they agreed to give me a refund. Well that was a year ago and I am still waiting for that refund. I have written to then on a number of occasions and every time I am told they are working on my refund. flydubai is nothing but a bunch of thieves and liars, a very dishonest company. How is it possible for airline like this to get accreditation with IATA?
RouteIstanbul to Dubai
Date FlownJune 2021

"I am very unhappy with this flight"

Trip Verified | I am very unhappy with this flight, I paid almost 2000 DHS for a short trip. They served the food until the middle of the plane and after that they said there was no option to choose a meal and also they served coffee to the first 5 or 6 rows and stopped and they said it is for your safety. This is not comparable with Emirates.
RouteDubai to Isfahan
Date FlownMay 2022

"The staff were very rude"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | The worst airline ever. The staff were very rude and they didn’t even have enough food to give to the passengers as some passengers were asked whether they wanted chicken biriyani or mutton biriyani and the rest of the passengers were not asked and they got vegetarian biriyani. They didn’t serve coffee to us while the rest of the passengers received it and after we told them they said sorry and gave it to us. There was a French lady who was so rude to us to be quick on putting all the luggage on the top. The seats were not comfortable at all. The staff should always remember that we do pay money and we are not begging from them. They didn’t even have any courtesy in greeting us upon going back. The food was not tasty at all and when I was eating my biriyani she wanted the plastic tray which had the bun and water and didn’t have any courtesy to come later even though I was eating, when I told her she was telling me that she needs it immediately as if I’m going to run with the tray. So I recommend no one to fly with them.
RouteDubai to Colombo
Date FlownApril 2022

"highly unprofessional and unethical"

Trip Verified | The support staff at the Mumbai counter is highly unprofessional and unethical. I was traveling along with my toddler who just turned 4, hence I couldn't carry 2 hand luggage of 7 each. So I made 1 bag of 14kg. When I reached the counter at the Mumbai international airport I explained that I am traveling with excess check -in baggage which I shall pay for! She asked for my hand luggage which I informed her I have 1 bag of 14kg as per our allowance but she was not co-operative and very rudely informed me that I am not allowed to make 1 bag of 14kg. I politely informed her I am traveling with a toddler so I can't carry 2 hand bags hence traveling with 1 hand baggage of 14kg. But she was not ready to hear me out and asked me to make each bag of 7 kg and didn't check me in till I got that done. I had to call my parents back near the airport entry and had to give away some of my stuffs so that I could accommodate 2 bags of 7kg. It was such a hassle to run back and forth to counter H to check if the weights are ok. After doing all that I went back to her counter and said it's all done! Imagine what she says - she tells me I'll check-in your hand luggage also so that you can travel hassle free. I said if that was the case you could have just checked in my 1 bag of 14kg why did you make me go through all that trouble! Just because of her incompetence I faced so many issues. If she could have just checked in my hand bagged in the 1st place everything would have been a smooth process and my journey would have been great and not frustrating.
RouteMumbai to Dubai
Date FlownApril 2022

"I do not recommend this airline"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Extremely unhelpful staff. A few weeks before departure, Fly Dubai changed the time of my first flight which changed the landing time to the time my connecting flight would take off. I have spoken with multiple representatives and all told me that they could not assist me in changing my flight, that they could not move me to the next available flight despite this situation being the fault of the company. I will have to purchase a new flight and will absolutely not be flying with Fly Dubai. I do not recommend this airline.
RouteKuwait to Colombo via Dubai
Date FlownApril 2022

"they were very professional"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | The aircraft was a new one and the seats are comfortable. I would like to thank all the cabin crew today on my trip DXB to RUH, they were very professional, service was very fast and they dimmed the light to gave an opportunity to rest a bit despite its a short flight. The IFE was full of new movies, TV shows and Games.
RouteDubai to Riyadh

"service is very weak"

Trip Verified | Worst airline someone could travel on, service is very weak, very slow staff and procedures starting from the check-in until departure everything was happening in slow motion. Departure was at 8:45 am and the busses arrived for pickup at 9:00. Prices are very high.
RouteDubai to Doha
Date FlownMarch 2022

"crew were grumpy and definitely unhappy"

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv airport was a nightmare as you need to pass through strict security in order to approach the check-in counters and there is no fast track facility at this point for business class passengers. The staff were very nice and I got checked in very quickly. The lounge is a shared one and the lesser said the better as it was just an awful dump. The flight was not one of the ones that I would ever like to repeat again. The crew were grumpy and definitely unhappy in doing their job. The seat is supposed to be a flatbed but it literally squeezes your legs in a cubby hole space and you are trapped. The hot meal of mushroom risotto was a joke compared to the description on the menu and you need to search for the mushrooms. Toilets are appalling and you can barely squeeze yourself inside. An experience that I really would never like to repeat again with this awful airline.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 MAX
RouteTel Aviv to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2022

"this is an airline to be avoided"

Trip Verified | The level of service due to the attitude of the crew is appalling! Not a single staff had a smile and were sulking all through the flight. I was fortunate that this particular flight departed from terminal 3 or else I would have had to face the mess of terminal 2 in addition. The seats are new but the pitch is unacceptably tight. The worst part is the toilet which can barely squeeze an adult and I am not talking about any obese adult but a normal weighted guy! No wifi in a so-called latest being plane. My fare had a meal included and the choice was an omelet with potatoes or only potatoes!! The meal was served in a paper packet. The only plus point for me was the schedule but this is an airline to be avoided.
AircraftBoeing 737-800 MAX
RouteDubai to Tel Aviv
Date FlownMarch 2022

"The worst airline in my life"

Trip Verified | The worst airline in my life. I purchased tickets including meal and they gave me 100 ml of water for 4.5 hour flight, and the cabin crew was behaving very rude and he was telling me to buy water by own payment.
RouteDelhi to Dubai