flydubai

"Impolite staff"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Istanbul. If you want to have the worst flight just go with flydubai. Irresponsible company. Impolite staff. I had 4 times flight with this company and in all cases we had a problem. First time from Yerevan to Dubai flight has been cancelled and no one informed us and we went to airport and found out the flight is canceled and postponed to tomorrow. The next time from Dubai to Istanbul flight cancelled when we were onboard. They didn't explain and 20:45 flight changed to the next day at 7 am. During this time they didn't provide any hotel and no place to rest just simple food from KFC that is was limited to some options. The staff lied us and didn't care at all.
RouteDubai to Istanbul
Date FlownMarch 2019

"probably the worst we have taken"

Not Verified | We had booked a return flight with Emirates, from Glasgow to Zanzibar via Dubai on 27th February and returning on 7th March. After confirming our booking, we found that the 6 hour leg from Dubai to Zanzibar is operated by FlyDubai, which turns out to be a low cost (but not particularly cheap) airline. The Emirates flights to and from Glasgow to Dubai on a 777-300 were excellent in all respects but we can honestly say that in all our years of travelling, the FlyDubai flights in a Boeing 737-800MAX were probably the worst we have ever taken. By booking with Emirates, we not unreasonably expected to get at least a roughly comparable standard of service and amenities. We believe that Emirates should make it clearer when booking that an associated connecting flight is operated by a budget airline, and a poor one at that. There were so many things wrong that it’s difficult to know where to start but here goes: The seats were really very cramped, with a nominal pitch of 30” but I suspect that in reality it’s a bit less than this. Furthermore, the seats were quite hard and our backsides started to suffer after a couple of hours. They’ve tried to cram in as many passengers as possible and whilst this may be just bearable for short haul flights, it’s a disgrace to use this configuration for what was a long haul flight. It was obvious that many passengers, and more especially the taller ones, were really suffering. The aisle was very narrow, and passengers in aisle seats were being constantly bumped into while trying to sleep. The cabin on both the outbound and return flights was terribly stuffy and airless. Air con was either not working properly, or not set up correctly. People were asking for water but had to pay for it! Absolutely disgraceful! As we were on an Emirates ticket, we were entitled to complimentary meals, but other passengers had to pay. The meals were truly awful and pretty much inedible. In flight entertainment is available but has to be paid for, even for those on an Emirates ticket. FlyDubai operates from Terminal 2 which entails a painfully slow 40 minute bus transfer from Terminal 3 – this is pretty nail-biting if you have a tight connection, as we did. All in all, a horrible experience that we never wish to repeat and we can categorically state that we will never use FlyDubai again, and nor will we book with Emirates if they use them for connecting flights. There are better alternatives.
AircraftBoeing 737-800MAX
RouteDubai to Zanzibar

"a learning experience"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Dubai. My third visit to Dubai but I had my worse experience with Flydubai as they charged me with 1000 bucks for check in package,they told me only 7kg bag allowed in your booking and if you want to check in then pay 1k for 10kg bag. I think it's obvious people have check in bags, As a student paying 1000 extra hurts me, why didn't they tell me or displayed any options for check-in baggage but nothing you can do so let it be, it was a learning experience I will be careful about the that in future and will avoid Flydubai.
RouteDelhi to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2019

"they are really really bad now"

Trip Verified | Muscat to Dubai. We checked in for our flight and downloaded my boarding pass. When I got to the airport I was told I had no seat as the system has failed and I was not cheeked in. This was at the gate, after I passed all security checks. Had to wait as all the other passengers for on board, then they decided to help us. By which point the were only 2 seats at the back of the plane, middle seats, different rows. When I tried to complain, the on board staff were totally unconcerned. They were not rude, but could not care less about the fact that they had messed up my seats. After getting in board I noticed my boarding pass had a totally different name. They had no AC and it was like an oven on board. Staff liked miserable and ready to die. If you ever think you might fly this airline, don't. Check Emirates as they are cheaper after to add the fees for a seat and a bag on FlyDubai. Disappointing as I have been flying on FlyDubai for years, but something has changed and they are really really bad now.
RouteMuscat to Dubai
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"rude and inappropriate manner"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Tbilisi. The person who checked us in was very good person. He asked our documents he even verify our visa validity which helps us a lot not to get in any confusions or chances not to enter the country. He gave our boarding pass and help us to check in the luggage. After that we enter with the security check walk around the duty free shops. Then our boarding was started. Before we approach to the counter for the boarding one gentle man came and suddenly started asking us too many questions and in very rude manner. Even though we have our all proper required documents for travel he started investigating us asking a questions like how many money we have, NOC from the company. Lots of the people no body were asked any questions and we were amazed that in a very rude and inappropriate manner we were told to come to side and started asking questions. It was not less than a police officer investigating a criminal. One of the guy was the one who took us at the side and give our documents to the other guy and then that guy gave our documents to the other guy and they were asking the same question. We are going on a vacation and they ruined our whole mood. At the end they took a pictures of our passport and let us go. They were very smart that they hide the front side of their employee id to make sure that nobody knows their name. Crew member were good and even the guy at the front who checked us in. But those who were at the place at the boarding time were very rude.
RouteDubai to Tbilisi
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"disappointed about their service"

Trip Verified | Kochi to Khartoum via Dubai. The airlines charged us for the meal for myself and my family and didn't deliver in the aircraft. They didn't respond the complaint for 2 months even after several follow up, seems they don't care at all, lately we received the voucher for the amount under the travellers name after 3 months of complain and follow up for the discount on next travel within six month validity for each inviduals who didnt get their meal. The voucher could be only used for ticketing in 6 months. I was disappointed about their service, they just dont know what they doing in the name of budjet air.
RouteKochi to Khartoum via Dubai
Date FlownOctober 2018

"the flight will be late"

Trip Verified | Kiev to Dubai. I fly by Flydubai very often and always having same issue with them. This airlines never depart on time and arrive on time, at least an hour the flight will be late. Also I bought flexible tickets to be able to change the date as per flex ticket which cost much more I would not need to pay penalty. And when I call the call center to change my ticket to another date they charge me 250AED. I do not understand what kind of flex ticket is that and why I paid for it.
RouteKiev to Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"do not recommend this airline"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Helsinki. Fly Dubai is the most disoriented international airline I ever boarded for long distance. First of all they boast themselves as low cost airline and charge higher along with same airfare category as emirates or other skytrax airlines. Second for some reason they selectively pick the cabin bag without weighing and ask them to be checked in (I just had a bag with laptop and because of there sharp weighing mechanisms I had my laptop flying around in the airplane because they had problems check-ing in 6 kg of cabin allowance that I already paid) The waiting halls are small and the bus stranded for 20 mins near the plane adding salt to my wounds I selected it since it is controlled by Emirates but it is the worse and no where near it. I do not recommend this airline.
RouteDubai to Helsinki
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"bags did not arrive"

(Turkmenistan)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Ashagat. Now airplanes of this company become very old and passenger cabin is not maintained well. Most of the entertainment screens in economy class are not functional. Some of the seat's cover were damaged and one seat was completely damaged itself. On arrival to Ashgabat some about 30 people realized that their bags did not arrive and was left in Dubai airport, all of these people had only one or two backs. While there was a lot of boxes with commercial cargo arrived on our flight. There was no representative from flydubai and no one told when my back is going to be delivered to Ashgabat. It is already 10 days and I did not receive any information about my luggage.
RouteDubai to Ashagat
Date FlownNovember 2018

"will continue to travel with FlyDubai"

Trip Verified | I only have praise for the flight attendants on this flight from Dubai to Kabul, they were incredibly professional with some very challenging passengers to assist. These flight attendants met those challenges amazingly, they were well presented and incredibly polite. Whilst I was only traveling in economy I felt I’d been upgraded. One particular flight attendant could not have been any more helpful and charming, she is a credit to flyDubai. Their recruitment staff you’re selection process clearly works I will continue to travel with FlyDubai.
RouteDubai to Kabul