flydubai

"not refunded the price difference"

Trip Verified | My partner and I flew from Zanzibar to Dubai on FlyDubai in March 2020. (This review is late because I've given the airline every opportunity to rectify the issue; I'm only writing now that they've closed the case.) The desk attendant saw that we had business class tickets (for which we paid a fortune), then told us he would put us in separate seats in Economy unless we gave him $250. I told him that was robbery, but that I'd give him $100 to just give me back our seats since we needed to make our connection. He accepted that offer and had another attendant accompany me out of the airport to the parking lot ATM where he demanded the money - I removed cash but refused to give him any until safely back inside. By this time, the first desk clerk had redoubled the price. The men then flipped their badges around so I couldn't see their names. When I told them I was calling the police, they gave us two economy seats and warned me that if the police actually came, they'd say I'd threatened them and I'd never make my flight. So we took our downgraded economy seats and left. I've been talking with FlyDubai for two months now. They do not care. They have not refunded the price difference for business class versus economy, and they have made no effort to find these men.
RouteZanzibar to Dubai

"they will never help"

Trip Verified | They are not helping at all if you need any inquiry that is matching already with their policy and not against it. If they replied they always have a negative reply and never helping to fix any problem. the last reply I got from them "your voucher for AED 900 is no more working (which expires in Sep 2020) and it was just a simple reply from their customer service supervisor" Don't take the risk and book with them if you face any problem they will never help even if they can easily do it.
RouteDubai to Cairo
Date FlownMarch 2020

"they do not reimburse the money"

Not Verified | I booked a round-trip flight from Shiraz to Dubai. They canceled the flight but they do not reimburse the money. After a long round of email exchange, they only promised to give us vouchers for future flights. This is very ridiculous. We have nothing in Dubai and we do not plan to visit Dubai at least in the next couple of years. Why should we be made to fly to Dubai instead of receiving the money back? They took the money while they have not provided any service for that.
RouteShiraz to Dubai

"worst travel experience"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Zanzibar to Dubai. The worst travel experience. Don’t refund money for cancelled flights which they cancelled. Don’t put you into another plane, leave you and don’t care. All they offer you is a voucher worth 70% of the original cost. Customer service is useless. Please do not spend your money on this airline. As they will leave you somewhere in the world and it will cost you triple money to get back.
RouteZanzibar to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"worst traveling experience ever"

(Nepal)

Trip Verified | Kathmandu to Dubai. This is worst traveling experience ever. I have got all the documents but still fly Dubai staff didn’t board me in. I was supposed to depart on 20th but nobody can explain what was the issue.
RouteKathmandu to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"lack of entertainment option"

Not Verified | Kathmandu to Dubai with flydubai. Had to take this airline because of it's codeshare with my primary airline. It's a narrow body aircraft with only economy class configuration, so didn't expect a great deal of seating comfort. But the lack of entertainment option made it quite frustrating. Didn't even have a screen showing the general information. The food did not taste nice and, the cabin crew compared to other airlines were below standard. Could never get connected with the on board WiFi either.
RouteKathmandu to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"very happy with the level of staff’s professionalism"

(Ghana)

Trip Verified | We travelled on a family vacation to Dubai and back two weeks ago. The trip was great, flying experience with Fly Dubai was especially wonderful because of the excellent customer service we received. We checked in two and a half hours early at the airport. Check in was smooth. Boarding commenced as per schedule and was systematically done. Cabin crew was courteous and warm. Inflight service was good too. We were seated on the 10th row, seat pitch was great and seats were very comfortable. Landing was 5 minutes early. We were carrying a DSLR Camera with us as it was a vacation trip. As we reached the arrival hall I suddenly realised we had forgotten the camera onboard. I instantly ran to the customer help desk in the arrival hall and informed him about the camera. The gentleman at the desk was spontaneous in response. He immediately called the security agent on-board and confirmed having it there. Staff coordinated with each other and got it arranged at the arrival hall in no time. We were very happy with the level of staff’s professionalism and efficiency. The trip was pleasant because it started at a great note. Flight back home was also great. We definitely recommend it to everyone!
RouteMumbai to Dubai
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"never travel with Flydubai again"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Booked through Emirates and unfortunately did not check that the first length of our trip was with Flydubai from Helsinki to Dubai. The plane they use on this route is definitely not meant to keep you comfortable for a flight that takes 6-7 hours. The seats are uncomfortable, theres not enough space for your legs and arms and the overall feeling is just cramped and constricted. Felt like theres not enough room or air in the cabin. We had flex tickets so the meal was included. Food was ok, rather small portion with 1 dl of water to drink. For all the other drinks (even water) you had to pay separately. For the in flight entertainment you had to pay extra too. Didn't need any, my biggest problem was trying to shut the screen off. Quite a few of other passengers screens did not work at all. Cabin crew seemed to be in a lot of hurry and stress all the time, don't quite understand why, they only did 2 rounds of drinks. One of them was friendly and pleasant, the rest seemed almost rude. I can easily say I will never travel with Flydubai again. I'd rather stay at home.
RouteHelsinki to Dubai

"Legroom comfortable"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Zanzibar. Code share of Emirates and i was very upset when I saw the boarding pass of flydubai. Called the agent and he knew that the flight will be of flydubai. Its an average airline and i would rate 3 out of 5. Food decent and as per taste not very heavy for midnight meal. Legroom comfortable. Inflight screen not working which is a necessity for long journey.
RouteDubai to Zanzibar
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"not book more than necessary!"

(Austria)

Not Verified | Bratislava to Dubai. It is a low-cost airline - you can also tell this from the leg distance. We have booked the "Flex" tariff so that we also have a meal on the flight from Bratislava to Dubai. To be honest, I can only advise against these additional costs, since the food delivered is neither of quality or quantity. In the plane we then tried to book the film package for cash - only the monitor was defective - the same thing happened again on the return flight. Online check-in works, but there are no online boarding cards - in other words, you are waiting at the check-in. My result : Airline is ok, but absolutely not book more than necessary. Es ist eine Billigfluglinie - dies merkt man ebenfalls am Beinabstand. Wir haben den "Flex" Tarif gebucht damit wir auch ein Essen am Flug von Bratislava nach Dubai haben. Ehrlich gesagt kann ich von diesen Mehrkosten nur abraten, da sich das gelieferte Essen absolut weder in der Qualität noch Menge den Kosten gegenübersteht. Im Flieger haben wir dann versucht das Filmpaket gegen Barzahlung zu buchen - nur war der Monitor defekt - am Rückflug das gleiche nochmals ... Online Check in funktioniert, aber es gibt keine Onlineboardingkarten - sprich man steht am Check In an ... Mein Resultat: Fluglinie ist ok, aber absolut nicht mehr buchen als irgendwie notwendig!
RouteBratislava to Dubai