Fiji Airways

Fiji Airways customer review

Air Pacific economy SYD-NAN-HNL and LAX-NAN-SYD. SYD-NAN on 747 was reasonable. Hot lunch served with beverages. Seats reasonably comfortable. FAs quite pleasant. FAs asked passengers to return seats to upright position during mealtimes which I appreciated. NAN-HNL on 737 a small plane for an 8-hour flight. FAs wonderful with humour and a smile. Food was okay hot breakfast before arrival in HNL. LAX-NAN on 747. Check-in LAX was quick counters opened nearly 4 hours before flight time. Service superb meals a bit disappointing for an overnight flight. Transfer in NAN was chaotic and departure lounge at NAN is way too small. One set of toilets for 4 flights in departure lounge. NAN-SYD standard of service dropped markedly. Crew couldn't wait to get to SYD. Overall we found our Air Pacific experience on 4 flights to be positive.

(New Zealand)

AKL-NAN-AKL Economy class. World's friendliest airline? We didn't get one smile the whole trip! The one and only smile we actually got was from the Air New Zealand check in clerk in Auckland. B767 terribly old seat was lumpy and had a dip in it so was very hard to get comfortable. Food very poor and not enough. Crew unfriendly and seemed uninterested the whole flight. On the way up there were passengers standing in the cabin talking to each other across the seats drinking as if they were in a pub. Cabin crew did nothing about it. Way back was a surprisingly spacious B737-700. Same as flight up - food disappointing crew unfriendly. Although I am not a fan of Air NZ at all I will certainly pay the extra to fly them next time.

Fiji Airways customer review

Melbourne to Nadi return My wife and I bought Qantas Business class flights and were given Air Pacific to fly on - had I known I would not have flown The seats were large and fairly comfortable but not up to Business Class standards nothing on the flight was up to standard and I have written a formal letter of Complaint to Qantas as their codeshare partner is well below the business class that I expected. I would only recommend this airline if Air Pacific changed their class to Premium Economy as Business Class is way off the mark in their case.

(New Zealand)

AKL-NAN September B737-700 clean. Cabin crew indifferent. Cabin Manager friendly and chatty. Excellent welcome on board. Meal was cold and was a hamburger bun with chicken and salad a small pack of potato chips and two biscuits. Vegetarian option available. Free wine available. IFE drop down screens and showing was a documentary. Overall a pleasant flight. Old 767-300 on the way home. Clean and tidy. Continental breakfast was muesli fresh fruit coconut cake tea or coffee and orange juice. Was very tasty. Staff okay. When offering water later on in flight cabin manager flew through the cabin with glasses and water so no opportunity to ask for drink at that time.

Fiji Airways customer review

Booked a flight from Malololailai to Taveuni via Nadi for part of my honeymoon trip. We checked online the day before to ensure everything was on time and got confirmation that we were good to go. On the day of we headed over to Malololailai only to be told that Air Pacific / Pacific Sun are no longer flying from there. We then proceeded to get a boat and taxi to Nadi but still missed our connection flight from Nadi to Taveuni. Air Pacific told us that they notified us but they did not. We were stuck in Nadi until the next day for the next Taveuni flight. Air Pacific didn't even offer to put us in a hotel for the night. I'm speechless about the whole event. All I can say is if you have a choice choose another airline. Its not worth risking your vacation.

Fiji Airways customer review

SYD-NAN return B744 Service. Overall an excellent experience. Crew gracious and attentive yet unobtrusive and kept drinks refreshed. The seats are showing their age but I find the old wide and padded cradle seats quite comfortable especially for short haul international flights. AV is poor - not AVOD and screens are so small. Meals were of an economy class standard but served with business class service. For the price - would do it again.

Fiji Airways customer review

BNE-NAN-BNE Business Class. Flight departing BNE comfortable enough but dated Business Class seats and older plane. Food was excellent and customer service good outward and return. Good IFE with a portable movie player. It seems when things go well they go well but when things go wrong it seems disastrous!

Fiji Airways customer review

We were a group of 7 flying Business class from NAN-HKG. Upon check in shocked to be told that the flight was cancelled. No one called us beforehand. Total chaos at the airport and apparently there were other flights to MEL and SYD from a day before that were also cancelled due to technical reasons. Total incompetence prevailed and just 1 staff serving a huge line of pax at the service desk. Absolutely no consideration or preference for premium fare pax. Not for all the money would I ever fly this airline again or recommend it to anyone.

Fiji Airways customer review

SYD-NAN in economy and NAN-LAX in business class. Air Pacific economy is rudimentary and that's putting it politely. There is an extra inch of legroom over most other airlines' economy classes but that's where the superiority ends. One major bugbear was the time it took to collect the trays after dinner - a full two hours after putting them in front of us. Dinner itself was less-than-ordinary pasta made with mystery-meat. Wines were the cheapest bulk-buy available. IFE was a tiny screen with a serious colour-balance and contrast problem but it worked in the front economy cabin unlike the seats down the back. The staff were pleasant and polite but I got the impression they felt intimidated by the passengers. Air Pacific economy is pretty awful. Air Pacific business class is a throwback to the early 1990's but it's much better than their economy. The cabin is in the nose of the 747. Seats recline to about 150 degrees. Food quite good - delicious fried-rice snack on departure from Nadi and a huge breakfast before arrival at Los Angeles. Breakfast was substantially larger and tastier than the offering in Qantas business a couple of weeks later. The FA who looked after Biz on our flight was charming and professional. We arrived on time at LAX and unfortunately we parked at a remote gate so disembarking before the economy passengers was of no benefit. I was happy with Air Pacific biz and for the bargain-basement fare we paid it was great value for money. Economy was not great though which markedly effects my overall score.