Fiji Airways

"cancelled our departing flight"

Not Verified | Myself and my partner booked return tickets about 9 months ago. They rescheduled the flights about 4 months ago giving us stopover in Fiji and making our connecting flight the day before, they also did it on our return flight just a few days ago. Not only did they only allow us a 25 minute connecting time between flights on our return. They then gave us a departing flight for the week after and didn't change the connecting flight. So we were again expected to time travel a week back. They have now cancelled our departing flight out of Tokyo Narita and we had to purchase last minute tickets on Qantas. When we arrived at the airport we noticed our Qantas flight was a joint flight with Fiji airways and the plane wasn't even half full. They are the most horrible company to deal with.
RouteSydney to Tokyo via Nadi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"they hung up on me"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Nadi. Please look at all your paperwork and the fine print, I have had to postpone my wedding due to this COVID-19, the change is by 2 months from May 2020 to July 2020 Fiji Airways are now telling us to change the flight it will be an extra charge per person over $100. When I asked the operator to speak with a supervisor she kept telling me they not available I advised her I was able to hold as I needed to confirm the cost and if there's anything they could do to help us given our situation and help our guests. Instead, they hung up on me. I would not recommend this company based on their customer service
RouteMelbourne to Nadi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"has been a nightmare"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Nadi. Never book with Fiji Airways. Their gate agent in Los Angelas denied me boarding and stranded me at LAX (en route from Toronto to Auckland) and did not cancel my flight so that I could rebook using the remaining flight credit. The reason I was denied boarding was that I was unable to prove that I had onward travel from New Zealand booked before the boarding closed. She left my status as a 'no-show' despite the fact that I was at the gate. This caused me to have to book a new flight at full price for the next date. I have been dealing with Fiji Airways call centre staff for over a month trying to get a refund on only the unused portion of my ticket (Los Angeles to Auckland) and they have consistently promised to update me via email or phone call and have never followed up once. They have told me to email addresses which don't even exist anymore as my emails bounced to both of those addresses. Trying to get anywhere with Fiji Airways has been a nightmare and I would recommend avoiding this airline at all costs.
RouteLos Angeles to Nadi
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"flight attendants were useless"

Trip Verified | Nadi to Melbourne. Fiji Airways is really poor, would not recommend. We selected our seat online and upon checkin we were asked to go to the bassinet seats as we have a 1 year old. They advised us no one else would be sitting in the seat next to us. Well they decided to sit someone (who could clearly not fit in one seat) so took up more than their fare share of my seat. The flight attendants were useless and couldn’t find a solution. Food below average. Services: TV and headset very aged.
RouteNadi to Melbourne
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"truly have good attitude"

(Fiji)

Trip Verified | One cabin crew in my section really lacked finesse. When I pressed the call button to inform him of my broken entertainment screen he came and barked "You want something?" When I asked to read the newspaper, the same crew told me I have to wait as he is reading it, which he was not, it was folded in his hands but I still said okay I will wait, hours passed and he never brought the newspaper, it was only when a younger crew went through the cabin with water did he realise I had asked for the newspaper and brought it to me without having to ask. Other crew members were extremely friendly and helpful. They were very accommodating and thoroughly enjoyed their job. Especially the two ladies in my section, they have very infectious smiles that can brighten anyone's mood, they truly have good attitude. The food on this leg was better than the going leg. Check-in agent at Singapore was very rude to me.
AircraftA330-200
RouteSingapore to Nadi
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"poor amenities offered"

(Fiji)

Trip Verified | Nadi to Singapore. Took FJ1361 on 29th of December after my flight on the 28th got canceled due to a cyclone. It is understandable it was a weather related cancellation but what is not understandable is they planned a supplementary flight approximately 12 hours before the scheduled time of flight but they did not have crew to operate the flight. As a result of this our flight was delayed by 2 hours and we missed our connection from Singapore and I was forced to pay $1,300 to buy a new ticket in Singapore. The crew were friendly and tried their best to ensure we make our connection but alas the 2 hour delay led us to missing our flight. The quantity of food was poor, we had to ask for second serves, the entertainment was poor. Their team leader for economy was very friendly, helpful and patient, there was this other female senior cabin crew working economy who was just as good. The friendliness of the crew is the only saving grace here. The lavatory was basic, had no lotion, no moist towels, no toothbrush etc. I am extremely disappointed with the poor amenities offered on Nadi - Singapore flights.
AircraftA330-200
RouteNadi to Singapore

"handled issue extremely poorly

Trip Verified | Suva to Nadi. We had originally booked a return ticket but the first part was cancelled due to the cyclone. E mail but no follow up, compensation or chance to rebook. All their lines said busy. Anyway this was a short uneventful flight, on Fiji time in that it was late but being under half hour didn’t matter. Check in was the most basic experienced and boarding was via steps from the back. Would not recommend as they handled the cyclone issue extremely poorly,
RouteSuva to Nadi
Date FlownDecember 2019

"cancelled because of cyclone"

Trip Verified | Nadi to Singapore. Flight got cancelled because of cyclone, which is understandable. However no news from the airlines for the next 36h on a new flight. No compensation or accommodation because it was outside of their control. Called in more than 5 times was put on hold only to be hung up after waiting patiently for 1.5h. No customer service. Plane food was average at best. Only one meat option and they only offered chicken. Seats have decent leg room but are cushions are thin. In-air entertainment is ok but screens on the plane are tiny and quality is terrible.
RouteNadi to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2019

"you get what you pay for"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Auckland to Tokyo via Nadi. Average airline. Chairs are worn, little food options, entertainment was dated and not a lot of options and also for one of my flights my chair was actually broken so I had to lean back the entire flight except for landing and meals where I had to sit away from chair so it would stay up. Cabin crew were lovely, however I left behind something in my seat, contacted airline and item was "not found". Overall you get what you pay for, want a cheap trip a to b then great value for money.
RouteAuckland to Tokyo via Nadi
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Super helpful people"

Trip Verified | Nadi to Sydney. A bit of delay but apart from that one of the best services we've experienced. Super helpful people, surprisingly good food as for the economy class and great communication. This plane doesn't come with in-seat entertainment.
RouteNadi to Sydney