Fiji Airways

"charged 240 for bags!"

Not Verified | We were charged 240 for bags! the agents at the check in were so rude and disrespectful. They lied to us out right and told us we were allowed only one bag each for carry on including a purse. Watching at the gate half the people had at least two bags. They charged us for seats but didn’t give us the seats? Never fly this airline again.
RouteAuckland to Nadi

“food is delicious”

Not Verified | Fiji Airways has the best legroom and the food is delicious, it has the best headphones but sadly you have to be told to keep your window shade up and give your headphones back at the end of the flight. Staff is great but not coordinating a lot.
AircraftBoeing 737 MAX 8
RouteBrisbane to Nadi
Date FlownJuly 2023

"flight and experience was great"

Trip Verified | Great Service, My flight and experience was great. Flight departed and arrived on time with excellent inflight service. Seats were comfortable on A330.
RouteMelbourne to Vancouver via Nadi
Date FlownMay 2024

"Fantastic day flight"

Not Verified | Fantastic day flight. Cabin crew were very friendly and attentive with great meal and drinks service. Highly recommend Fiji Airways. I am now considering using Fiji Airways to fly to the US later in the year/early next year because of this experience. Their A350 looks good and if the crew are are as good on their A350s then the competition needs to watch out.
AircraftA 330
RouteBrisbane to Nadi
Date FlownApril 2024

"they refused to refund my ticket"

Not Verified | I recently had the misfortune of booking a flight with Fiji Airways, and it was an absolute nightmare from start to finish. I was scheduled for a flight from San Francisco to Sydney with a transit through Fiji. Sounds straightforward, right? Wrong. Nowhere on their Fiji Airways website did they bother to mention anything about a transit visa requirement for certain passports if the transit time in Fiji is more than 3 hours. It was a deliberate oversight, in my opinion, a sneaky tactic to squeeze more money out of unsuspecting travelers. I've never heard of any other country requiring transit visa for such short time of >3 hours, how crazy is that? And to add insult to injury, they refused to refund my ticket when I found out about this ridiculous requirement at the airport. Fiji Airways conveniently omitted this crucial information, leaving me stranded with both inconvenience and financial burden and having to change my plans last minute. As if that wasn't enough, I won a bid to be upgraded to business class, thinking I'd at least have a bit of comfort amidst this chaos. But on arrival at the airport, they casually informed me that due to a flight change, they were downgrading me back to economy. Did anyone bother to contact me beforehand about this change? Of course not. And the cherry on top? Trying to get a refund for the upgrade has been an absolute nightmare, with Fiji Airways dragging their feet and taking forever to process it. They're nothing but a money-making scam, with no clear information provided upfront for travelers. They lure you in with the promise of cheap and affordable flights, only to hit you with hidden fees at every turn. Save yourself the headache and choose a reputable airline instead. Fiji Airways should be ashamed of themselves for the way they treat their customers and everyone should know about how much of a joke Fiji Airways is.
RouteSan Francisco to Sydney via Nadi

"Extremely terrible service"

(Fiji)

Trip Verified | The flight was from Melbourne to Suva with change in Nadi with same airline. The Melbourne to Nadi flight got delayed and i missed the flight to Suva. Instead making accommodation arrangements to catch next day early morning flight, the airline was telling me to go and look for a relatives house to stay in and make my own way to the airport in the morning. It was not until the affected passengers got angry that the airline made accommodation, dropoff and pickup arrangements. Extremely terrible service.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteMelbourne to Suva via Nadi
Date FlownMay 2023

"All our bags were damaged"

(Fiji)

Trip Verified | All our bags were damaged. It was as if the staff had thrown the bags intentionally. The hard suitcase was cracked and the cloth suitcase had its extending handle damaged. In a previous flight the year before, there was no diabetic meal for my father. I asked 2 different air hostess after he wasn't served and each would go to the back of the plane and not return. After half an hour i asked a 3rd air hostess who went back and tried to show us that we did not enter in the preference. Absolutely very bad customer service from baggage handlers to the air hostess who try and hide inside a plane and avoid you and not own up immediately.
RouteNadi to Sydney
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"advise people to avoid Fiji Airways"

Trip Verified |   We flew with Fiji Airways from Vancouver to Auckland, with a stop over in Nadi on the way back. Our flight TO Auckland was fine. Nothing special but nothing terrible. However, our flight from Nadi home to Vancouver was terrible, and enough that I would advise people to avoid Fiji Airways. For some reason they needed to change the plane, but didn't notify any of their customers. So they ended up moving everyone's seats, but not telling them before boarding the plane. We had paid for certain seats as and it was only 5 minutes before boarding that we found that these had been moved. I tried talking to a gate agent - who blamed the check in agent for not telling me - but HE was the check in agent!When contacting Fiji Airways after the flight, their only response was "we're sorry." They did refund the price I paid for the seats I selected (or they are in the process of doing so), but offered no other compensation or act of making it right. Their total disregard for the well being of their travellers is absolutely appalling. In addition, their seat fees, baggage fees and other fees are some of the highest I've ever seen. So their "good deal" prices are rarely that. Save yourself the hassle and book with someone else.
RouteNadi to Vancouver
Date FlownMarch 2024

"Really disappointing"

Trip Verified | They included my snowboard gear in the price for the flight out (I checked the website to confirm this, and also double checked with the gate agent in Singapore before checking the bag), then stung me with a 470cad charge for it when I took the return leg of my flight from Nadi. The attendant had no interest in resolving the issue and would not allow me to speak with a supervisor after repeatedly saying 'I don't have the authority to waive the charge'. I've been going through the complaints procedure which has taken weeks now and it's like talking to a wall. Definitely recommend looking elsewhere if you are travelling for an adventure holiday. The rest of the service is very average, the entertainment is limited and food quality is standard-poor. For the extra baggage cost I could have flown direct with a different superior airline. Really disappointing end to my trip.
RouteNadi to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2023

“never fly this airline”

Trip Verified | The airline is bad with all the food being sub standard and the tickets being overpriced. The aircraft flight was very turbulent both physically and actually. We managed to land about 2h late and we pushed back 1h late. Conclusion, never fly this airline.
RouteSingapore to Nadi