Emirates

"lack of professionalism"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Bangkok. Check-in was smooth, but the boarding procedure was chaotic with different employees shouting contradictory messages to passengers. On board, we had a 45 minute delay without even an apology; just a quick word from the captain that we were waiting for a passenger and that made us miss our time slot for taking off! When I asked a flight attendant about the delay, she kept laughing and saying "It's fine. No problem." I believe a polite apology has to be issued. I observed a lack of professionalism among staff I encountered. The seat was comfortable enough but my table top was broken. The movie selection was very limited for my tastes.
RouteDubai to Bangkok

"whole trip was fine"

Trip Verified | Beirut to Dubai. The whole trip was fine related to staff, service, welcoming. However we have moved to the bus and we waited like 20-25 mins just because 1 passenger lost something. All the passengers in the bus waited until this passenger came in. This was unacceptable as this can be managed differently. And all the crew have left before us.
RouteBeirut to Dubai
Date FlownJune 2019

"Staff are generally rude"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Singapore. Staff are generally rude. At the check in counter, they did not allow us to bring our laptop bag up together with cabin size bag even though it fulfilled all stated requirements. It caused us a lot of hassle and loss. Furthermore the staff were rude when dealing with us. Similarly on the plane here, noticed the attendants treating some passengers more dismissively. Inflight entertainment system is outdated compared to other international airlines. Will not fly Emirates again.
RouteMelbourne to Singapore
Date FlownJune 2019

"food was a complete let down"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | ADD-DXB-BKK on 14th June 2019 on B777-300ER and A380, respectively. First Flight good and hardware good but food was a complete let down. I tried my special meal (acknowledge!) and all the other three menu dishes announced. All were absolutely substandard and not edible and I am not difficult and usually eat the dogs leftovers. But this was horrible and hazardous. Food in economy was edible and better than business. There was a cheese plate that helped me to avoid to starve. No ice creams and no inspirational additionals. Rate 6/10 Dubai-Bangkok was a great experience - as good as it gets on an airplane. A380 must be the king of the skies. Likely of my best flight ever, despite I had not slept the night before. I doubt that a general 1st class experience can beat this luxurious bz-class experience by Emirates on the A380. Simply outstanding on seat “hut”, meals, drinks. The onboard Sky Bar is a solid social effort and gimmick that is impressive and hard to dislike. I like the outer seats in the 1-2-1 biz-configuration with lots of space and great window access. The sports car design works well for me and the WiFi is solid and a bonus. Special meal was sophisticated and made to perfection. Rate 10/10 Lounge provided in Addis is the Ethiopian Cloud Nine Lounge which is slightly better than their Gold lounge. Seems this lounge is improving due to Emirates as they now serve the same champagne available on board.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER, A380
RouteAddis Ababa to Bangkok via Dubai
Date FlownJune 2019

"helped me out flawlessly"

Trip Verified | Bali to Dubai. The customer service is amazing and so patient. Mustufa from their Dubai customer center just helped me out flawlessly. Our line got disconnected before the changes were completed and he was amazing enough to complete everything and send me a confirmation email!
RouteBali to Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Emirates has lost its edge"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Hong Kong. Overall disappointed. Check In & Lounge of the standard expected, food in the Bangkok lounge was very good, as good as any EK lounge globally including Dubai. Flight was full, service was poor, catering below average and service disjointed. Main course went cold waiting for wine and dessert was inedible, gave feedback to cabin crew who tried to blame (a) catering in Bangkok isn’t as good as Dubai and (b) they were one crew member down due to illness. Frankly I don’t care, if catering is subpar out out Bangkok then are ticket prices reduced because of it - no, so don’t blame the catering, own the issue. As many here have posted, Emirates has lost its edge, staff have a mixed understanding of food and beverage service and Emirates is all show and lacks substance where it counts.
RouteBangkok to Hong Kong

"not worth its fame"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Venice via Dubai. As a regular of Qatar and Etihad on the Singapore-Europe route, this was my first time with Emirates. I would not call it a total disappointment, but the company is definitely (and sadly) not worth its fame. Positive aspects: new aircrafts, comfortable Economy seats with decent pitch, nice food (plus points for the metal cutlery), efficient ground staff. Seat selection is not complimentary and the cost disproportionate: the cheapest option for each of the 4 legs of my journey would have increased the ticket price by around 17%! Cabin service is close to no-frill airlines: no hot towel, no amenity kit, no staff walking around the aisle with trays of drinks during sleeping hours. The inflight entertainment on the A380 was a quite unresponsive touch screen with cursor. Charging plugs are only available to window and central seat. Worse part: the staff. I was told that an increasing number of Europeans had joined Emirates from Ryanair and I was displeased to see the same attitude brought to the 4-star airline. Apart from the lack of smiles and rough replies to some passengers that I could hear, the staff onboard the SIN-DXB night flight had been talking and laughing loudly in the galley for at least one hour after the light were switched off, going in and out without caring to seal the courtains. I have not seen such behaviour even on cheap low-cost carriers like Scoot or AirAsia, where the staff at least excercises the basic courtesy of letting their passengers sleep. With prices that are in line with its competitors in the region, I do not see the reason for me to fly Emirates again.
AircraftA380-800 / Boeing 777-300ER
RouteSingapore to Venice via Dubai

"deny serving the food"

Not Verified | Dubai to Hyderabad. I had booked a chauffeur drive at 13.05 on 03 June with pick up point and location details clearly marked on the map while booking online. After numerous calls with Driver, Call Center of Emirates nobody showed up to pick me up even after 13.45pm. After wasting and waiting for almost 50 minutes in hot sun, I finally took a Taxi and paid to reach business arrivals terminal and neither luggage concierge nor staff bothered to help me with my luggage from taxi nor to push the trolley. I met duty manager and explained whole story and all he said was it’s okay we apologize but now please board the flight as you are late. Such a horrible customer service I never expected from Emirates, especially when traveling in business class. On-Board Experience: It’s Ramadan (fasting month for Muslims) month and I was fasting. Cabin crew informed me if am fasting then food will be served when it’s time to break my fasting but I should order the food in advance so that I get served. When it was time of breaking my fasting I asked for the food that was ordered in advance and very surprisingly crew told sorry we can’t serve the food and you need to adjust with a small sandwich box as we are planning to land. When I questioned crew why did they promised me to order food in advance and how can they deny serving the food for a fasting person then crew simply said it’s our policy and we can’t help. When I became furious then they simply gave me a quick main course to eat but I felt their frustration while getting served. I wasn’t served the food which I had preordered despite crew having enough time (around one hour was left to land the flight). Most of the passengers sitting around me enjoyed full meal (all items of menu) but I had to go through this bad experience because I was fasting. Crew argued a lot with me to explain that full meal will be served only during initial serving time and not later even if someone is fasting. I finally gave up arguing with the crew as I felt really embarrassed to ask for food again and again.
RouteDubai to Hyderabad

"A380 is top notch"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Milan to New York. A very solid product in business class with huge lounge at Milan and chaffeur service both at origin and destination. A380 is top notch in terms of comfort and quietness. Cabin crew warm, polite and efficient. I found a good improvement on catering quality and staff service in the air and at the airport. Only Qatar Airways beat Emirates with service.
AircraftA380-800
RouteMilan to New York
Date FlownJune 2019

"lack of service from crew"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Birmingham. Plane is lovely, seats comfy, food ok but total lack of service from crew, one drink service on a 7 hrs flight. Had to go and ask for another one. Took so long to collect food trays people took them to galley themselves. Staff were not very friendly or welcoming.
RouteDubai to Birmingham