Emirates

"good fare for this return ticket"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Bangkok via Dubai. Value for money, managed to get a good fare for this return ticket. I usually pay extra for an aisle seat , when I selected the seats for this flight I was not charged . My only complaint is the Asian Veg meal I usually order , it is always chickpeas and rice and fruit as a dessert ( from South Africa) whereas the special meal from Dubai and other destinations is always different and a proper dessert is available. Flights on time, crew pleasant except for a surly , unfriendly almost rude crew member from Dubai to Bangkok. It was obvious she does not like her job otherwise not a bad flight.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A380
RouteCape Town to Bangkok via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"I was very disappointed"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Toronto. As a regular Emirates flyer I was very disappointed with my experience. When I was checking my baggage at the Emirates counter in Dubai airport the emirates representative told me that the baggage would be sent directly to Ottawa and that I would not have to pick up my baggage in Toronto. When I reached Ottawa my baggage never arrived and I was told by Westjet Airlines that I was supposed to pick up the baggage at Toronto airport. Now my bags are somewhere in Toronto all because I was told that I did not need to pick up my luggage by one of Emirates agents.
RouteDubai to Toronto

"Absolutely rubbish flight"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Delhi via Dubai. Absolutely rubbish flight, we booked Emirates not flyDubai. Dubai to Delhi they put us in flyDubai aircraft where you have to pay for your food drinks and even tea or water.I have travelled in so many different airlines and never happened like this, food was rubbish too from Manchester to Delhi. On the way back due to their own fault the flight was delay for 1.5 hour and I missed connection flight in Dubai due to airlines fault and next flight they gave me was after 12 hours. Any flight gets late for 4 hours they give you compensation for being delayed - Emirates do not give any compensation At all. So be aware of it before you book your flight. I will not recommend or will travel in this flight ever again.
RouteManchester to Delhi via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Budget long haul airline"

Trip Verified | Cape Town to London via Dubai. Budget long haul airline. Starving hungry on a 9.5 hour flight. No movie snacks served. Nothing except a standard lunch after take off and then a disgusting vegetable baked good just before landing. 7 hours daytime flying with no food. What a joke. On the next leg from Dubai dinner was a turkey ham roll and that was it for 7 hours until an inedible breakfast was offered. Cheese and cracker with breakfast? Demonstrative of the lack of care and attention by emirates. Dirty planes. Smelly toilets. I will never fly Emirates again. How reviewers are consistently rating Emirates above BA is beyond me and as we know BA is hardly a high benchmark. A massive TV screen and a large selection of films does not make up for a budget service. The cabin crew now start cleaning the plane before it lands, collecting blankets, etc. When the cabin crew start taking on the cleaners role you know things have gone bad.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 / A380
RouteCape Town to London via Dubai

"Ground service 1-star"

(Estonia)

Trip Verified | Dubai to St.Petersburg. I'm flying a lot, but it the first time when my luggage was lost on direct flight (no connection). All are winter clothes including 3 kids's were at this bag (You always expect your luggage to be delivered on direct flight) and they couldn't deliver it already in 3 days. When I try to check the status at emirates.com/bags - the case was closed, live chat didn't work and phone-line was constantly busy, only Facebook was working. Looks even worse service than with low-cost airlines. Ground service 1-star and the Emirates in general is overpriced.
RouteDubai to St.Petersburg
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"service good but average"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Due to my business trip I had to travel from Copenhagen Kastrup airport to Dubai and then back to Warsaw to catch my next flight from there. So first part of trip was operated by A380. During Online process I realized there is no more windows seats available. During checkin on the airport I've asked to window seat and I got this seat in emergency row. Also my baggage has been sent without extra costs (I had extra 6kg). At the terminal I've paid to lounge contracted with Emirates airline but it wasn't worth this price (250 DKK, around 33EUR). Boarding at the gate was late around 30 minutes but during this process there was good order, people was queued in the groups. Service on board was good but nothing special comparing to other airlines, meal choice was poor (only dishes with rice). Very good and very stable entertainment system with big selection of movies and games. Also GSM and WIFI network available onboard (I didn't use them at all due to nice passengers travelling next to me, we talked all the time). I land around midnight so traffic wasn't big and all security and luggage pickup in Dubai takes not much (around 1 hour). My flight back to Warsaw was 2 two days later at 8:05. I tried to check-in to choose my seat but it wasn't possible. During my way to the airport I've got an SMS with info I had been seated in the middle. So I went to the airport around 3:30AM and very quickly drop my luggage and pass all security to avoid waiting. It wasn't possible to change my seat, however they seat me in emergency row again. Unfortunately I had been charged for an extra 6 kilos in luggage. Security control was terrible long, they try to find something in my bag but they didn't tell me what they are looking for. I was more clever than on my previous flight and I've put all my cables in checked luggage before to avoid cables confiscated like on my previous flight. I don't understand why ethernet cable is dangerous at Dubai airport but it's ok on all other airports around the world. Inside the airport I found hundreds of people seating and lying on the floor and making passing very difficult in some areas. Whole airport was looking like dormitory for the homeless. Wifi I found overloaded, there was many disconnections during my use. During boarding there was a big mess, airport staff didn't queue people in groups before they start, boarding started 15 minutes after scheduled time. Flight was operated by Boeing 777 and I found seats are more tight than in A380. This travel was terribly uncomfortable. Also I found all meals are with potatoes on this flight (again no choice) and service good but average. All cabin staff on both flights tried to be nice. I arrive very tired. In Warsaw Emirates was 15 minutes late and they passed my luggage to next operator without any problems.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777
RouteCopenhagen to Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"flights were problem free"

Not Verified | Taipei to Amsterdam via Dubai. My flights were problem free. Having checked in my baggage at Taoyuan airport I was relieved to see it re-appear at Schiphol! I found the seats in economy very comfortable, enjoyed the in-flight entertainment and the meals were delicious. Considering how very hardworking the cabin crew are, they were cheerful, friendly and caring. The ground staff at Taoyuan airport were particularly well organised.
RouteTaipei to Amsterdam via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"a budget flight experience"

Trip Verified | It was my first time travelling on Emirates Airlines. Flew from Singapore to Dubai with my family of 4. The ICE entertainment system could not be loaded for us and at least another 5 to 6 rows of passengers in the center row for the entire flight of more than 7 hours. We thought we paid for a premium airline but got a budget flight experience instead. The air crew could not care less; there was just an announcement on board that the in-flight entertainment for some passengers cannot be re-started. Two attempts to get the attention of the air stewardesses through the help button for a separate matter were ignored and not responded to at all. It has been two weeks, and Emirates has not responded to my feedback. I usually travel with Asian airlines, which really compares way better in terms of hospitality, in-flight service and facilities.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSingapore to Madrid via Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Lots of entertainment on board"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Addis Ababa to Los Angeles via Dubai. All flights on time. ADD to DXB portion was with new Boeing 777 business class seats, a real treat. Food good. Lots of entertainment on board. Biggest complaint would be that the continental breakfast platter can be confusing and the FA got my order wrong. They fixed the issue, however, so no worries. Wifi is slow, and in my opinion, not worth paying money for it.
RouteAddis Ababa to Los Angeles via Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2018

"an excellent experience"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Manchester via Dubai in business class. Overall, an excellent experience. The refurbished seats on the B77L were extremely comfortable and spacious. Certainly an upgrade from the dated seats on the 77W. A380 to Manchester was excellent. The ground staff in Mumbai were very helpful and attentive. The chauffeur service is one of the best features of flying with emirates. The complimentary WIFi was useful to stay in touch midair.
AircraftBoeing 777/ A380