Emirates

Customer rating from 1902 reviews

"enough to spoil a holiday"

Trip Verified | I was travelling from Heathrow to Dhaka via Dubai. The flight from Heathrow to Dubai was awesome. When I was boarding from Dubai they weighed my hand luggage again and asked to pay for my Duty-free shopping which is 4 kilos. I said this is my sweater and chocolate which I bought duty-free. They said we can consider 1-kilo rest you have to pay for it otherwise you can return your duty-free shopping. Moreover, you have only 15 minutes on your hand. If you can’t come back you will miss your flight. I tried to explain, I’m from London and always fly on Emirates it’s only 4 kg extra which is duty-free. I already weighed from London. Then they became so rude and gave me options pay for 3 Kg or throw away your products. I paid AES 240 which is around £50. Their bad customer service is enough to spoil a holiday.
RouteLondon to Dhaka via Dubai

"The food was good"

Not Verified | Dubai to Delhi. I loved going on Emirates with my family. The food was good, and so were the kid's meals. The kids got toys. The entertainment was great. The only thing was that I couldn't sleep and I wasn't very comfortable.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteDubai to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2018

"they got us home safely"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Denpasar to Auckland. Happy with outward bound flight, but return flight was a bit different. Service and food went from great to terrible. At least they got us home safely and thats the most important thing.
RouteDenpasar to Auckland
Date FlownNovember 2019

"one weak link staff member"

Not Verified | Dubai to Milan. Emirates normally provides excellent service, yet one weak link staff member could damage the airline’s image. Although, gold customers, we entered, from the business lounge to upper deck holding economy tickets, owing to Gate boarding directions. The boarding staff was unwelcoming, rude and arrogant, over what he wrongly perceived was our error, not Emirates’ operations. Worse still. Indicating clear distress, from my recent spine injection, he said “that doesn’t matter”. Leaving me to carry me, with no assistance from aircraft staff, to change levels. Once seated, we could hear the clunks from others changing levels, so we were not alone. My wife and I were considering upgrading at the service desk. It was unattended and the flight was late and no alternative access appeared to an economy gate was closed or not properly indicated. Miserable staff member, this flight only.
AircraftA380-800
RouteDubai to Milan

"attentive and professional"

Trip Verified | London to Singapore via Dubai. I’ve flown most major airlines and Emirates wins hand down. I’ve flown with them on business and first and the service is incredible. The crew look after you and go above and beyond. Special thanks to air hostess Alix, so attentive and professional. Cabin was spotless and very comfortable. Fantastic work Emirates keep it up.
RouteLondon to Singapore via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Just a terrible service"

Trip Verified | Newark to Kolkata via Athens and Dubai. During the flight from Athens to the Kolkata Emirates damaged my suitcase. Right when I collected my suitcase from the airport baggage collection conveyor I noticed this and brought to the attention to Emirates staff. I had to wait approximately 90 min for someone from Emirates to fill out appropriate forms, copy my boarding pass and passport. Then Emirates told me that someone will get back to me within 24 hours. They called me after 3 days and asked for the receipt of the bag. I emailed them the receipt promptly the same day. Then Emirates staff said, Emirates will process my request and will contact me after a few days. Then after a couple of weeks, they contacted and asked to get back the damaged bag in order to send me the compensation. I was away from Kolkata and told them that I am away from Kolkata and it will be tough for me to go to Kolkata airport to give the bag, what if they collect it from me after I go back to the USA. They said okay. After coming back I contacted Emirates via phone and the customer service responded with the utmost courtesy and apologized every time for the delay and promised that someone will get back to me within 24 hours. Emirates never got back to me. I wrote several emails to emirates customer service with incident # and reference #, not a single response I ever received. It is a nightmare. Just a terrible service.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteNewark to Kolkata via Athens and Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"felt we'd been tricked by Emirates"

(Nepal)

Trip Verified | Kathmandu to Gatwick via Dubai. Emirates are mis selling these flights. The Kathmandu to Dubai leg is with FlyDubai, their budget airline. No mention is made of this when booking the tickets. The flight between Dubai and Gatwick was great as you would expect and the FlyDubai was fine for a budget airline BUT I didnt realise I was booking a budget airline. It's in a totally different terminal with minimal facilities and you need to allow 1 hour to transfer. If I was only travelling between Dubai and Kathmandu fine but I had a 5 hour wait in a sparse terminal after an overnight flight. Then was on a budget flight, no offer of even water until we were 1 hour into the flight. No problem with budget airlines if its what I choose but I and everyone I spoke to about the second flight felt we'd been tricked by Emirates.
RouteKathmandu to Gatwick via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2019

"I was now late for my flight"

Trip Verified | Newark to Athens. This has been my worst flying experience. I received an email to check into my flight from Newark to Athens, which I did hours before my flight. Due to a glitch in the system, the app failed to provide me with a digital boarding pass but confirmed that I was checked in. I figured that I would print my boarding pass when I got to the airport so I didn’t worry too much about it. Upon reaching the airport I go to the clerk to print my boarding pass and she tells me that I am not checked in. I show her the confirmation in my phone from their app confirming that I am checked in and for whatever reason she cannot seem to find me in their system. So I ask her where's the kiosk so that I can quickly check myself and come to find out, Newark airport has no Emirates kiosk and the lines are flooded with passengers? I tried my hardest to inform the Emirates representative at the desk that I was indeed checked in but she informs me that because she doesn’t see me in their system I cannot board the plane. So I pleaded with the woman to tell me what I needed to do to get checked in and she told me that the only way to check in is to do it through their app. I asked if I could speak to a manager or call Emirates, and the rep tells me that there is no time because the plane is about to take off. So even though I arrived in time for my flight, I was now late for my flight, and I was unable to board. I call Emirates and I was informed that I would have to purchase new tickets or just pay a no show fee which is $400 per person plus additional fees. Which came out to $850 per person. Which actually added up to just purchasing new tickets. The thing is I not only had more than one hotel booked but I also had a connecting flight that I would also inevitably miss a well as other arrangements so I lost time, money, and had to spend more money to purchase two new tickets, also two more plane tickets when i reached Athens to finish my travel. At this point I'm infuriated and disgusted because I do not live by Newark airport, I live 1hr and 20 mins away, so not only did I miss my flights including a whole nights stay at some of my hotels, and my flight from Athens, I was stranded at this airport.
RouteNewark to Athens

"service is terrible"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Rome via Dubai. The services on the flight were beyond disappointing. I was recommended Emirates by friends and colleagues, as the best business class from Sydney to Europe. I was beyond disappointed when returning. Having flown to Europe business class for work and leisure with Singapore Airlines, Qantas and Etihad, and having flown business class to other locations on Hawaiian and Latam, I was very surprised to be so dissatisfied with the service and quality I received from Emirates, having been recommended by many colleagues and friends. I was disappointed to discover that the 14-hour flight from Dubai to Sydney did not have a lie flat bed (nor did Rome to Dubai, however, this was only 5 hours). More importantly, the service was appalling. My salad was rotting (attached photo) and my entrée was still frozen (attached photo). My TV repeatedly broke down during the flight (attached photo). The flight was largely full, so we could not be moved to another two seats seated close to one another. After raising this and the other issues with the crew, she became quite rude. Beyond our experience on the flight, upon boarding the flight at Dubai we were delayed as a result of the poor organisation at the airport for the duty-free items we had purchased in Rome. We had to provide these to be boxed and sealed, which was not the issue. The person who was doing this task, kept our boarding passes for the purposes of printing the tags to put on the boxes. However, we saw people who arrived after us, receive their boarding passes and board the flight before us, notwithstanding repeatedly asking for the gentleman to return our boarding passes to us so that we could board. Eventually, we were able to board, but only after first and business class had boarded and about half of the economy cabin. Finally, we did not receive any form of confirmation regarding our chauffeur from Sydney Airport to our home address, adding further to our stress as we were required to chase this to make sure it had been arranged. Having flown business class with various carriers, I was not impressed at all by the return flight to Sydney on Emirates in comparison. Business is not just about extra space, but about the extra service. The extra space was far from what is equivalently offered by other airlines, given the absence of a lie flatbed. Adding to that the poor service, I did not receive the benefits expected of business class, but instead economy. Since then, I have tried to liaise with Emirates to resolve the issue. After an offer of points which wouldn't even be enough for a single short-haul domestic flight, they informed me that they had made their 'final offer' and closed off correspondence. I would strongly recommend flying anything other than Emirates. Their service is terrible, before, during and after the flight and falls short of what is comparably offered.
RouteSydney to Rome via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2019

"filled my carry-on"

Not Verified | New York to Hydrabad via Dubai. I had 2 hrs layover in Dubai so I brought some duty free items and filled my carry-on. On boarding flight staff weighed my bag that was 7.49 kg. They tried to charge for that. I removed all duty free items and again told to weigh. It came across 5 kg. So they made me to carry both 5+2 kg separately. What is the meaning of buying duty free items if they try to charge passengers like this.
RouteNew York to Hydrabad via Dubai