Emirates

"CDG - DXB sector was a complete disgrace"

Trip Verified | Only the second time I choose to fly Emirates, so I will not make a fast decision as to use this airline again or not. But I have to say that in all the years I have been flying business, the CDG - DXB sector was a complete disgrace. From the chaotic boarding in Paris when all first and business class passengers were held at the gate for 25 minutes (apparently for no reasons except that some sort of VIP showed up at some point and cut the line), without so much as an announcement from the person in charge. Once everyone was on board, the first announcement from the captain was about an hour delay in getting a takeoff slot. As we pushed back, their APU went out, no lights and aircon and back to the gate. Then some very vague information from the flight deck on some repairs being done, and another slot waiting time. Anyway the whole deal lasted 3 hours. Ok, that is a technical problem, it happens and that is the way it is. What bothered me during the whole time was the complete disdain of the cabin crew for the passengers. As a matter of facts, most of them seemed to enjoy the delay and were having some very long and loud conversations with some apparent friends in the aisles. The flight finally took off. And this is when the cabin crew showed its complete inability to handle the most basic service. Absolutely no care for the passengers, and except for some meal served in a hurry (during which I actually had to beg for a glass of wine previously ordered ) we only got to see them once in a while during the whole 7,5 hours. I want to think that this was a bad timing, or else. On the other end, the second leg of the flight from DXB to Moscow was excellent, and I actually found out how much was missing on the first leg then: Friendly and helpful cabin crew, good service. After all this is what we ask for in a flight! My rating will be below at 5/10. Zero for first leg, 10 for second leg.
RouteParis to Moscow via Dubai
Date FlownMay 2022

"return flight was canceled without notice"

Not Verified | The return flight was canceled without notice from Sunday To Saturday. I paid premium to be on Sunday flight and after a month pass by they changed my Return flight to Saturday, the day before which I didn’t know about. And they wanted to charge me another $700 to put me back on the flight. I decided To go Back in hotel and stay another day and this time I book my flight with Qatar Airways which is only 20 hours duration versus 37 hours.
AircraftBoring 777
RouteDallas to Tehran via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2021

"telling them not to fly with Emirates"

Trip Verified | I am retired and fly frequently. Couple days ago (May 5), I went to Tehran Int. Airport (IKA) to travel to U.S.A. When I arrived at the Emirate ticketing counter in order to obtain my boarding pass, I experienced a bad situation which I have never had with any other airlines. The ticketing lady had a very bad attitude told me to show her my Covid test result which I did, then asking for Vaccination card that I responded that I am USA citizen and there is no need to have this card, which she started talking loud and being so rude, finally I found my card and passed it to her. After that I was glad that the issue was resolved and now she would process my luggage. I was wrong. She laid back at her chair and doing nothing. Finally I said to her this checking takes long time, please process my luggage. At the end I went to her team leader and explained her behavior. I am sure that the leader would not do anything to correct his group attitudes, because all of them are the same and they do not know any better, but I am sure that Emirates will lose more customers as times pass. From now on, I will broadcast and pass this bad experience to my friends and relatives and telling them not to fly with Emirates.
RouteTehran to Seattle via Dubai
Date FlownMay 2022

"if you want to be treated fairly by Emirates, you gotta fight hard"

Trip Verified | They cancelled my initial flight from KHI to DXB and rebooked the flights which ended up me having 15 hours layover in Dubai. KHI-DXB, check in was friendly, flight was on time, clean plane, food was outstanding for a flight not even 2 hours long, crew was very friendly and attentive. Blankets and extra pillow were given. Landed in Dubai, went to the Dubai connect desk as it says on their website that if you have more than 10 hours layover, Emirates will provide you accommodation, at the desk, the guy was rude and straight up said Karachi office should have booked you earlier (Karachi office is the one that told me to contact Emirates at Dubai as they have no authority to book anything with Dubai Connect) and I was also told that even a prior booking was made, it would have been cancelled because accommodation is only available for passengers who bought tickets worth more than $1000 USD. Then I went back to the connection desk, explained the whole situation all over again, guy at the desk started blaming me that I am the one who chose to have a longer layover so it's not Emirates problem, he kept ignoring that key information that "Emirates is the one who cancelled the flight from KHI to DXB, not me". I have to admit, I became a Karen when he told me Emirates can't offer you anything, no compensation no food, nothing for a 15 hours layover. I refused to listen to him any further and demanded to see a manager right away, he ran back and got the manager at the desk, manager was extremely polite and apologetic, instructed to hand me over 2 meal vouchers immediately (previously I was told Emirates do not have any meal voucher offers etc, so that was the lie). So guys, if you want to be treated fairly by Emirates, you gotta fight hard. DXB to CDG, flight was on-time, full. Crew was very attentive, plane was spotless, food was disgusting. They served feta cheese sandwiches, they were absolutely inedible and were freezing cold as well that it hurts you teeth. Then the lights were switch off so it was good sleep with enough legroom. Breakfast was served an hour before landing and main hot breakfast was inedible as well, fruit portion was fresh but the bread roll was so cold that I couldn't slice or bite it (should learn from Turkish, they serve soft warm rolls). I have also noticed many people didn't eat the hot portion of the breakfast. I have to give a shout-out to one particular crew member, she handled the situation very well when she was yelled at by a grumpy middle age man when she asked him, if he would like to have a breakfast, he started yelling at her that "no, I'm sleeping, can you see, stop yelling into my ears". Honestly I wanted to intervene but there was no need to as she handled it quite well but I can tell, he kinda ruined her day.
RouteKarachi to Paris CDG
Date FlownMay 2022

"seat is really narrow and uncomfortable"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Emirates has been using the 777 to serve HKG ever since the start of the pandemic, it used to be the A380. The 777 has a strange business class configuration of 2x3x2. Who wants to be the unlucky fellow to sit in the middle of the 3, paying premium price? The service is OK but not great either. Food was as bland as ever, the seat is really narrow and uncomfortable. OK for a short to medium haul flight up to about 6 hours, anything longer than that would be an ordeal. Still, one redeeming grace is that, they sell this short leg at a very attractive price, so that is acceptable.
RouteHong Kong to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2022

"forced me to check in my hand luggage"

Trip Verified | Flight was full. They forced me to check in my single piece of hand luggage while hundreds of other passengers carry in their 2 pieces. No process of asking customers for checking in their carry-ons, but they just randomly forced me.
RouteDubai to Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownMay 2022

"I ended up with a new booking"

Trip Verified | Ok, I have not even started my journey yet and they cancelled my Karachi - Dubai flight, re-booked me (without even consulting with me) and I ended up with a new booking which means, instead of landing in Paris at 9am in the morning, I will be landing at 2pm. I have booked this trip in Jan, already paid for a domestic flight from Paris to Lyon that departs from Paris at noon on a same day I land there. Called Emirates, explained them the whole situation, even sent them a receipt of 100 euro plane (non-refundable) ticket I have already bought from Paris to Lyon, all they said, sorry, but that's not our problem if you gonna miss your connecting flight to Lyon. I kept on insisting that I must take the original schedule flight from DXB to CDG as planned so they must fix it. After a long argument, I am good to fly but with 15 hours layover at Dubai. I asked them for an accommodation through Dubai connect program, they refused to book anything or even provide a meal voucher (like Qatar Airways) reasoning that I am the one choosing to not to fly to Paris on immediate available connection, therefore, no accommodation or food for you. Their telephone rep people are so rude (not the Karachi one, Dubai helpline), literally telling me they don't care if I'm going to miss my connecting flight and that's not Emirates headache. Will provide an update on this journey once I will land in Paris. Stay tuned.
RouteKarachi to Paris CDG via Dubai
Date FlownApril 2022

"Never flying with them again"

Not Verified | Friends, do yourself a favor and do not book with Emirates. They are extremely unreliable and will cancel your flight at last minute. We flew from Chicago to Dubai to Amman and they ended up canceling our flight from Dubai to Amman. They rescheduled us for the next flight with a 18 hour layover with a 2 year old. We ended up needing to push our flight one day which made us lose precious time with our family that we haven’t seen in 3 years. Then our flight home from Amman to Dubai to Chicago, ended up being canceled again and now we are trying to change it because I have my sisters wedding the next day. I may be forced to miss it because of emirates irresponsibility to keep flights as they are when you book. Also, the food is horrendous and give no vegetarian options, I had to survive off the snacks I bought before hand and what the flight attendants gave me. I had to wait on hold for 2 hours to speak to someone for a cancellation they made. Save yourself the headache and avoid Emirates . I wish I did. You have lost a customer for life. Never flying with them again.
RouteChicago to Amman via Dubai
Date FlownApril 2022

"The service was friendly and efficient"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | On reading all the post COVID reviews of Emirates, I need to take a contrary stance to all the complaints and mumbles. It was my first Emirates experience in 3 years, and as far as I was concerned nothing had changed, apart from the boarding procedure in Dubai which was nothing short of shambolic - but that is the airport, not the airline. As a direct result of the ineptitude of the gate staff we pushed back 1 hour 20 mins late. No matter. The service was friendly and efficient - nothing was too much trouble - and the food and drink really good. One doesn’t often have memorable meals on board any aircraft (preparation of same must be trying in the extreme), but the lunch served was top notch. A bonus in business class on board an A380 is the on board bar area, once again, service was excellent. I had a thoroughly enjoyable experience and look forward to my next Emirates experience.
Aircraft1 x Boeing 777-ER, 1 x A380
RouteBangkok to Johannesburg via Dubai
Date FlownApril 2022

"Do not buy X-leg room seats!"

Trip Verified | Purchased online extra leg room seats (weeks before) my flight. 150$ each way. (300$) Not only did I not get my seats, they refuse to reimburse my money. They claim I was ineligible for the seat (yet I was charged online?). They claim I was informed at check-in that I wasn’t eligible for the seat (lie) not informed at check-in. I had informed the cabin attendant my seat was wrong and that I paid extra money for my seat (and showed her my printed paperwork). They weren’t concerned. I looked at my original seat and someone else was seating in my seat. They charge me for a seat I didn’t get, then RE-SOLD my seat to someone else. I was traveling with a group and the same thing happened to my co-traveler. They’re stealing customers money! Do not buy X-leg room seats!
RouteNew York JFK to Dubai