Emirates

Customer rating from 2007 reviews

"charge me for cancellation?"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | I purchased two tickets for myself and my daughter in August 2019 and planned to travel to Paris via Dubai on 18th March 2020 and return on 3rd Apr from Nice. However, due to the current situation (Covid19) and lockdown in France, our trip was cancelled by Emirates and it also advised that all the flights are cancelled unless there was a valid reason to travel and we can send a request for refund and the refund will be within 2 weeks. I sent the refund form and request to be refunded and waited for almost 3 weeks but no response or refund came through. When I contacted Emirates on 6th April the sales representative said I will be charged if I request for refund. How silly and illogical is this? Emirates cancelled the trip and now it wants to charge me for cancellation? Why should I be charged for refund if the airline is cancelled the trip or whatever is the reason that it is not the passengers fault.
RouteBahrain to Paris via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"did not have any food on board"

Trip Verified | Travelling back from Mauritius to Zurich via Dubai on 24th March, the DXB-ZRH leg did not have any food on board. Only biscuits, chocolate bars , coffee and tea were served. Having complained directly to Emirates about this they denied that any report or complaint had been made to them about it.
RouteMauritius to Zurich via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"cancelled all of their flights"

Trip Verified | They cancelled all of their flights 24 hours before I was due to fly with no prior warning and left me stranded on the other side of the world. Refused to book me a seat on another airline when there was many available. They couldn't care less about their customers or their (supposed) duty of care to them. A flight voucher is really useful when you've grounded all your planes and the world is under quarantine for an unknown length of time and I have to get home swiftly before borders are closed. Emirates immediately closed all of their regional customer service centres and it was impossible to get through on their jammed phone line. I had to pay out of my own pocket to book a ticket with another airline.
RouteTokyo to Birmingham via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"the most horrific flight"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | My wife and I recently flew Emirates EK345 Brisbane to Prague via Dubai 23.03 2020. It was the the most horrific flight. From the time we left Brisbane until Dubai the washrooms were disgusting No hand tissue, no hand soap, the floor was littered with hand tissue and wet from urine and or water. The floor was sticky to walk on. As were were seated adjacent not far from the washrooms it was easy to observe the cabin crew very rarely checked the washrooms. There was an over use of the seat belt signs to ensure customers were seated rather than annoying the crew serving meals I was given the choice between beef and chicken and when I chose beef was informed there was none left but if I wanted to wait 20 minutes perhaps there maybe some left over. Sure enough 20 minutes later a beef meal arrived and was promptly dumped on the meal tray and was stone cold. The crew through the 15 hours were noticeably aggressive to all and sundry. The toilets were locked 20 minutes from landing in Dubai and my wife had to beg to use the washroom. Whilst we were informed this was the last flight out of Australia I guess the crew were coming to grips with loosing their jobs. Sorry but they still should have been professional until they finished their shifts. I have since written to Emirates feedback but no response. We hold return tickets to Australia and can only hope for a better experience. Having wished for a long time to fly with this airline on the recommendation of others, what a complete disappointment I have flown the major airlines over the ast 40 years and "never" had anything to equal this most over rated airline.
RouteBrisbane to Prague via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"would not refund over half my fare"

Not Verified | Brisbane to Dublin via Dubai. I was supposed to fly in May 2020. As is safe and expected our flights were canceled. What was not expected was that they would not refund over half my fare. More understandable if I was the one to cancel.
RouteBrisbane to Dublin via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"7 day policy for making claims"

Trip Verified | London to Cochi via Dubai in early February. When travelling by Emirates it is advisable to ensure that your luggage is secure and that you do not use back packs, duffel bags or any other type of bag whereby a zip can be seperated to allow baggage handlers access to your luggage. Emirates apply a 7 day policy for making claims for stolen items, and are not prepared to consider any reasonable evidence if you are not able to make a claim within those 7 days. When raising a complaint with Emirates, customer service is appalling and respond via email with a 'no reply' email address. Business class was very comfortable and the 'add ons' including lounge and chauffeur service made the journey a lot more comfortable. Not sure if it was really worth the money though. Unfortunately, the customer service when making complaints was appalling and the response I received was from a 'no reply' email address.
AircraftBoeing 777 -300 / A380
RouteLondon to Cochi via Dubai
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"No money refund, only voucher"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Saint-Petersburg to Denpasar via Dubai. Got information my flight home is canceled on 6th of April, rebooked it for 29th of March from another city and it was also canceled on the next day. No money refund, only voucher.
AircraftB777
RouteSaint-Petersburg to Denpasar via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"no e-mail from Cheaptickets"

Trip Verified | Zürich to Bangkok via Dubai on Sunday 22nd March. As we arrived at the airport they told us on the baggage check in that my stepson's flight was cancelled, even as we checked in online already! There was no info before, no e-mail from Cheaptickets that we booked through. And when trying to call before several times if everything is OK due to the special conditions there was nobody available. There was no options or suggestions or help from the ground personnel from Emirates on the Airport. We had to book by ourselves again with Oman Air which cost us 700chf.
RouteZürich to Bangkok via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I was expecting full refund"

Not Verified | Sydney to Sofia via Dubai. I booked ticket. My flight was cancelled from the company. When I asked for full refund as my ticked was not nonrefundable and I was expecting full refund they told me, no matter what, they will charge me cancellation fee. That is twisting people's hands. Terrible service, their representatives ask me to call them but it is impossible, the phone number doesnt work. How you dare to charge cancelation fee when you cancel the flight. You are not able to provide service and even do not know when this will happen , but offer a voucher as a credit note.
RouteSydney to Sofia via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"can charge cancellation fees"

Not Verified | Chennai to Newark via Dubai. Due to COVID 19, they have cancelled one part of itinerary and leave remaining so passengers can call and cancel the ticket and they can charge cancellation fees. I postponed the ticket once with extra money and now again they cancelled one part of itinerary and asked to cancel for huge cancellation fees saying the government cancelled and not airline so they charge. Really? This is how emirates value the customers? Please do not encourage these airline when they don't value the customers at all. I will never travel in emirates. Thanks to you emirates.
RouteChennai to Newark via Dubai