Emirates

"worst flight I have ever had"

Not Verified | This was the worst flight I have ever had. Poor customer service from start to end. I flew with Emirates from Gatwick to Dubai with my partner and 5 children. My 4 year old son is Autistic. Their level of service on board is awful, food was below standards. I kept on pressing the assistant bell and no one came over to assist me. I was only served drinks twice on a 7 hour flight. Toilets on board were disgusting. Seats are uncomfortable. I was expecting more from Emirates especially when travelling with a child with a disability. You have better service on British Airways and they are not even that great.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2022

"wait for 4-5 hours for my baggage"

Trip Verified | After arriving at Chicago I had to wait for 4-5 hours for my baggage and missed my Amtrak train ticket even after 4 hours gap. They were sending baggage in groups few people got it in an hour and few of us got were standing for 5 hours.
RouteDubai to Chicago
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"they followed the protocol"

Trip Verified | I would like to say thank you to the cabin crew on flight EK 213 from Dubai-Miami on 01/29/23 for their professional management of a violent person inside the aircraft, despite the delay it brought as a consequence of this unacceptable behavior they followed the protocol for this kind of situation.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteMiami to Jakarta via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"appalling way I and others were treated"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | After being a Skywards member for many years, this time I requested wheelchair assistance. I flew Bangkok to Cape Town and returned from Johannesburg to Bangkok. I was expecting the wheelchair transfers in Dubai to be the usual high standard. Instead of a wheelchair waiting for me as the aircraft opened its doors in Dubai, I was told to walk along the sky bridge and to find a desk that would then provide a wheelchair. I did this and found a group of men who were obviously employed to provide wheelchair assistance standing around talking to each other and did not seem to have any list of passengers who required this assistance. I was told there were not enough wheelchairs and told to walk to another area where there was no seating and I had to stand until an assistant arrived with a wheelchair. I sat in this while we went from one building to another and in the airport train. I was unceremoniously dumped at the seating area at the gate and a very long walk down a corridor and onto the skybridge awaited me. The woman sitting next to me kindly asked it I would like to lean on her arm as we traversed this onto the aircraft. I don't know what would have happened if I had been unable to walk at all. The return trip from Johannesburg to Bangkok was even worse. When we landed in Dubai there were no wheelchairs and I was asked to walk a long distance and up an escalator to an area of seating and told to wait for a golf cart. This did not appear. I was sitting next to a woman whose mobility was even worse than mine and she was in a great deal of pain. We were then told we had to walk to some other area, so the woman and I shuffled off leaning on each other vowing never to fly with Emirates again. This time we were told to wait in an area with no seats at all for a golf cart. I noticed a folded wheelchair up against a wall so I unfolded it and put my companion in it. She was most grateful. No assistance at all from the employees whose job it was to provide assistance. Eventually a golf cart came and I got in. Then there were discussions amongst the so-called assistants, and I was told to get out and wait for a different golf cart. I was the only one in this golf cart and was dumped at the correct gate where I had to walk down the sky bridge to the plane. As I get older I will increasingly need to require wheelchair assistance when I travel alone. But the appalling way I and others were treated at Dubai Airport will certainly influence me when I choose which airline to fly in the future. I go to Africa regularly. Next time I will choose Ethiopian Airlines. If you need wheelchair assistance at Dubai Airport, do not fly with Emirates.
RouteBangkok to Cape Town via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"Would still highly recommend EK"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Had a very good experience with Emirates. Crew was very enthusiastic and attentive and the food delicious- how often do you eat everything served on a flight? Mediocre service on the ground though, a 20 min bus ride from the plane in DXB, long wait for baggage in CPH and no bag tag available at self service in DXB. Would still highly recommend EK.
RouteCopenhagen to Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"needed to request accommodation in advance"

Trip Verified | I landed in Dubai on the 27th Jan in transit to Perth, with a 19hrs layover. When I inquired about accommodation I was told by Emirates staff that they could not help because I did not book it in advance. At no point during the booking I was notified I needed to request accommodation in advance. I had to spend 19 hours at the airport because I did not have any cash to book a hotel at my expense. Will definitely think twice before flying Emirates again.
RouteConakry to Perth via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"I will fly Emirates again"

Trip Verified | The airline was very good. The boarding experience was good. The flight was on time. There was a blanket, a pillow and a headrest on the seat. The seat was comfortable and cabin crew was helpful and polite. The service was also very good, and the food tasted amazing. The in flight entertainment is the best and you will never get bored. Overall I think this is a very good airline and definitely worth flying with. I will fly Emirates again.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteNew Delhi to Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2022

"service on the plane was horrible"

Trip Verified | We traveled with a group of 5, going to Karachi via Dubai was great as we were able to pay to upgrade to business class. On the return flight we were not able to pay for the upgrade option as there was no availability. From the check in counter at the Karachi airport to the transfer of the wheel chair passenger (with me) to the flight back to Houston the experience was horrible. The person working at the emirates counter in Karachi asking for a indirect bribe to the incompetent staff at the Dubai airport making us wait like a hour for wheel chair staff to transport us to the lounge as we waited for the connecting flight. When I asked to make sure we the wheel chair passengers are taken to the plaza lounge he asked how I had access I stated through Amex Business platinum. It was non of his business as an Emirates employee to ask to see my card for a lounge. The service on the plane was horrible. Full of very overworked and tired flight staff that looked worn out and unhappy. Not sure I will fly with Emirates after this.
RouteHouston to Karachi via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"used to be a good airline"

Trip Verified | Emirates used to be a good airline once upon a time. The airline quality, attitude of staff and service is absolutely horrible. The boarding process and the attitude of staff during boarding is very arrogant. They have no concept of service. The aircraft is clean but not as clean as it used to be. I saw stained seats. The cabin crew are very young and inexperienced. When the aircraft had barely touched down and passengers were off their seats and the cabin crew did nothing. The approx wait time for bag arrival is about one hour.
RouteDubai to Bangalore
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"have nothing but praise for their stellar product"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I am astonished to read the number of negative reviews this airline receives. I have completed a round trip from South Africa to Thailand and Malaysia on Emirates, and have nothing but praise for their stellar product. Flight from Cape Town to Dubai was on a 777, which admittedly is beginning to show signs of age, but that did not stop the staff from giving excellent service. The other three flights were all on an A380, which was comfortable and made extremely pleasant by very friendly and helpful staff. All flights were on time, and served delicious food and drink to boot. In addition, the Business Class product offers extras such as lounge access and (in my opinion the best of all) chauffeur service, which works like clockwork. Maybe its the luck of the draw, but I personally think Emirates is tops.
Aircraft1 x Boeing 777, 3 x A380