Emirates

Customer rating from 2050 reviews

"the food was not tasty at all, it was very cold"

Trip Verified | First of all, on the return flight, the staff delayed opening the gate, then I found my confirmed seat was busy with another passenger, so they were changing my seat without talking to another passenger. Second, I asked for water 3-4 times, then they provided me with a cup of water, not a bottle of water. (It's strange to have this in corona time). Third: the food was not tasty at all, it was very cold. Fourth, they announce that the internet is free to use, but in reality, it needs the passenger to pay money to have it. (And hosts not supported any passenger to get free internet). Fifth, they start collecting the headset 20 minutes before the flight ending so you couldn't keep watching the movie. Sixth, There was a shortage of covers and they were not available on the plane.
RouteDubai to Amman
Date FlownJuly 2021

"customer service is absolutely atrocious"

Not Verified | Their customer service is absolutely atrocious. Their website is not updated and they do not take responsibility for lacking to keep the passengers up to date with Covid travel requirements. I booked my flight two months in advance and checked the Emirates website daily in preparation for it. I am fully vaccinated but still needed a negative covid result, no problem, I got it done. When I got to the airport they said the covid result needs to be stamped. Turns out, all labs in the USA are FDA regulated and do not stamp their results for authorization. The only place that does so is inside the airport, by appointment and costs $175. I learned all of this as I was checking in for my flight. So there is obviously no time to make it and I had to miss my flight. Normally, airlines take responsibility for this and accommodate the passenger by rebooking them free of charge. Not Emirates, their reservations/customer service first said that the next flight is 11 days out, and then gave me no choice but to pay another $2000 to book a seat. I've never experienced anything like this with any airline. They are usually accommodating and not money hungry.
RouteOrlando to Cairo via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Please provide what you promise, Emirates"

Trip Verified | I am writing this review for my dad who flew Economy from Toronto to Dubai last Saturday. He booked Emirates hoping that they provide what they promise during this pandemic (safe flights, hygienic, booking half the flight's capacity, etc) but my dad had a horrible experience. The flight was fully booked which was quite bothersome at a time when everyone around the world are practising social distancing, the faucets in both the lavatories in his proximity were overflowing and I was told that the crew had been wearing the same masks throughout the 13-14 hour flight. This is an epitome of how Emirates treats its non-premium class as the "cattle-class" and that basic hygiene and comfort don't really matter for those who decide to fly at a lower rate. Really ashamed at Emirates for the inequality that they show. During these unprecedented times, they must take into account the passenger's health and safety rather than looking at profits. Please provide what you promise, Emirates. Your advertisements with the cabins being sanitized and having fully vaccinated crew (who knows?) really are just for attraction, aren't they? Do what you preach to begin with.
RouteToronto to Dubai
Date FlownJune 2021

"experience of flying Emirates was awful"

Not Verified | San Francisco to Delhi via Dubai. Boarding from San Francisco was easy , only restriction to have weight of carry on needs to exact 8 kg or less than 8 kg. Our carry on bag was scaled for weight and allowed in to fly from SFO. We landed in Dubai and checked in again to start boarding. We were stopped to measure the carry on bag weight. The staff in Dubai was extreme rude , ill-mannered and disrespectful to deny the fact that the same carry on bag was allowed from origination point. Dubai staff did not allow the carry on bag with same weight. We were forced to take out almonds bag of 2 lbs and trash it which were carrying for my parents in Dubai. Our experience of flying Emirates was awful. Ba careful while flying with Emirates , they have different standards for passengers in USA and Dubai.
RouteSan Francisco to Delhi via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2020

"very rude and unsupportive"

Trip Verified | Their customer service lady was rude and once I ask her to slow down to help me walk through and understand my itinerary, she got mad and told me to contact the travel agent. I simply asked to transfer the call to someone up the chain so that I can ask my question but she refused. I would not recommend travel with this airline and waste your money. Please stay away from them as their customer service folks are very rude and unsupportive.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteChicago to Sialkot via Dubai
Date FlownJune 2021

"excellent service they extended to us"

Trip Verified | I would like to commend the crew for excellent service they extended to us. Super patience and extended personalised service to my Girl Friend who was allergic to spicy food. When I informed staff about her, they went beyond our expectation and offered non spicy meal that was onboard. However it took time for him to heat the food but eventually the meal was delivered and personally I was wowed by that excellent service extended to myself and my girlfriend.
AircraftBoeing 777-300R
RouteDubai to Nairobi
Date FlownMay 2021

"whole experience has been a nightmare"

Trip Verified | Booked a flight to Israel because I was told by the staff at Emirates it was good to travel and all I need was a PCR and Ministry of health document. But I actually needed 3 documents so I wasn’t allowed in Dubai .. they only asked for two documents at SFO to board the flight. They gave me a refund due to they inconvenience but took it back when I tried to fly back from Dubai to SFO for some odd reason. They said I was supposed to call and rebook the flight to go from Dubai to SfFO which I did and now they’re saying they can’t find that phone call and they tell me just submit a complaint form. This whole experience has been a nightmare.
RouteSan Francisco to Tel Aviv via Dubai

"Shame on you Emirates"

Trip Verified | Shame on you Emirates for creating such a chaos with Dubai connect Hotel. My wife and children ticket were confirmed for Hotel and they were told that boarding pass is sufficient for the hotel but the staff at the Dubai airport are asking for a voucher for the hotel. My friends on the same flight go the hotel but my wife is currently at terminal 3 wondering what to do and this is their first time traveling without me. I was not expecting this from you Emirates.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSan Francisco to Kabul via Dubai
Date FlownMay 2021

"service on board was excellent"

Trip Verified | First time to travel after almost a year and half due to pandemic, was a little bit nervous but everything went smooth. Chauffeur service was punctual on time, Business class lounge at both DXB and CAI were spacious and clean, of course services has been adjusted due to pandemic. Check in was friendly and keeping social distancing, service on board was excellent, crew were always available and very friendly on both flights and always engaging. Luckily flight was half empty on outbound and almost empty on the return back to DXB. Traveling with my elderly mother during pandemic was made easy and smooth thanks to Emirates.
RouteDubai to Cairo
Date FlownApril 2021

"cooperated to change at no cost"

Trip Verified | Although I entered the aircraft with no expectations, I was enticed by Emirates' charming interiors and choice of color. The flight attendants are hard working folks and heeded to all requests. I changed my flight tickets 3 times due to the pandemic and Emirates always cooperated to change at no cost. The overall flying experience was a pleasure.
RouteToronto to Bengaluru via Dubai