Emirates

"the last time I fly Emirates"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Rome via Dubai. I have been waiting for longer than months since my flight last July with no response from Emirates all. First I had no idea why Emirates is delayed for 6 hours out of JNB was because of technical issues which caused me to missed my connecting flight to Europe. The IFE on my seat does not work since this is an old plane that I've take and this is unacceptable for me to go without IFE on such a long flight. Upon arrival into Dubai, I was rescheduled to another day with Emirates as the result of the delay flight. I have nowhere to sleep by then. This is unacceptable and a total nightmare for the whole journey. After longer time since I sent a report to Emirates without any answer at all. This is the last time I fly Emirates.
RouteJohannesburg to Rome via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2018

"unhappy with the services"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Kathmandu via Dubai. Emirates used to be best airline for me, but this time really unhappy with the services at the check-in area. I booked the wheelchair for my grandparent, i didn’t get any help or information from her when we check so my grandparents had to walk way to plane. There were so many peoples who were carrying too many bags but did’t weigh their luggage and bags - but why only us. I don’t mind for paying but it should be fair to everyone. So unhappy with the emirates flight never going use this airline again. Paid £88 for nothing
RouteBirmingham to Kathmandu via Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"worst I'd ever encountered"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Dubai. A cabin crew damaged my belongings. Just before the captain commenced descent, against my advice, staff shoved and crushed several of my airport purchases into a almost full overhead compartment above me, in my full view. Prior to this, I'd request twice for assistance to find a suitable space, not the one above me, but my request was totally ignored. Upon landing for disembarkment, I approached the cabin crew supervisor and showed him the damages done on my purchases by one of his crew. He expressed his apologies and advised I write in to Emirates as there nothing other than apologies he can offer. He was also shown the almost-full state of the compartment directly above us where the packagings were crushed and damaged. I wrote to Emirates and below is their "not my problem" template reply from Customer Service Thank you for your correspondence of 03 October 2018 regarding Emirates flight EK 186 from Barcelona to Dubai on 29 September. I regret to learn that you found your biscuit box dented on the above flight. However, I am required to highlight that personal belongings brought onboard are the responsibility of each individual passenger, and the airline cannot accept responsibility for loss of, or damage to, personal items. According to our records, as you were sitting in the bulkhead row, you were advised that all bags and loose items have to be stowed for landing in the overhead lockers. It is my understanding that you did not inform the cabin crew that your bags contained fragile items. Notwithstanding the above, we certainly appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention, and I wish to assure you that your comments, along with the Cabin Supervisor's report, have been shared with the departments concerned. This enables them to take appropriate internal action to improve the standard of service offered to our customers. I can also advise that the cabin crew operating in Economy class on this flight have received guidance in this regard. Please accept my apologies for not having met your expectations on this occasion. I hope that we can leave you with a more positive impression on your future flights with us. Emirates services from both cabin and ground (customer service) had changed over the years and this has been the worst I'd ever encountered.
RouteBarcelona to Dubai

"doesn't respect customer"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Sao Paulo. Flying experience nothing out of ordinary, but this company doesn't respect customer. They damage my luggage did an agreement in the airport, sent the e-mail with the case. Didn't pay and said case closed. Never replied any e-mail or answer phone call.
RouteDubai to Sao Paulo
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Customer service is very poor"

Trip Verified | The flight from London to Dubai is good but not from Dubai to Colombo which is operated by flydubai. Customer service from cabin crew is very poor and is one of ignorance. Also the transport between terminals are too slow that I managed to get to the next flight last minute.
RouteLondon to Colombo via Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"cannot accept my refund"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Hargeisa via Dubai. I was traveling for business purposes, so I needed to take 6 bags and was willing to pay the extra fees for the many overweight pieces of baggage. I agreed to pay $950 for the baggage to be accepted and taken to my destination, which was Hargeisa. When I got to Dubai, they canceled my connection flight to Hargeisa, so they rescheduled me onto an Ethiopian Airline flight to Hargeisa, which I was fine with, but later I wanted a refund because, in order for my bags to reach the destination, I had to pay $1600 to Ethiopian Airlines, and the agreement with Emirates was to take my baggage to my destination for the $950. I asked Emirates for a refund because they canceled the flight and rescheduled me, but they refused and said it's not their fault and since I paid the $950 and used Emirates airlines until Dubai, they cannot accept my refund.
RouteOrlando to Dubai
Date FlownApril 2018

"service has been the worst"

Not Verified | Sydney to Paris via Dubai. I have been travelling with Emirates with the past 10 years. I flew for the second time in business class and the service has been the worst I have ever had. A had a stop over in Dubai, and I had a confirmation email from Emirates and a print out from the Emirates counter in Sydney while I did my check-in. A chauffeur was booked to pick me and my daughter up and we had a hotel room booked complimentary from Emirates. When we arrived in Dubai, no one from Emirates helped me to find my chauffeur. I went to the Emirates counter and the person who was really unhelpful, cancelled my booking without asking me anything and was very rude! I had to wait for hours at the airport with my 17 months daughter. I was expecting much more from the business class from Emirates. The cabin crew during the flights was average. While my daughter was sleeping I asked one one of the crew to look after her while I was in the bathroom. She showed me that she was really annoyed to help me, she finally decided to stay as I asked her if I could get someone else to help me if she didn't want to do it. The cabin crew was eating food in front of clients and was not in a hurry to help clients. I sent a complain on the Emirates website and they answered that it will take up to 30 days before I hear from them - this unacceptable. The business class is expensive enough to deserve the treatment that goes with it. I will never book another business flight ticket with Emirates anymore.
RouteSydney to Paris via Dubai

"flight was amazing"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | I had a flight from Bangkok to Lisbon via Dubai in August 2018, and the flight was amazing! the food was good, the entertainment system was a little old but was great, and the flight crew nice!
AircraftBoeing 777 / A380
RouteLisbon to Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2018

"terrible the service was"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to London via Dubai. I’m shocked by how terrible the service was. The in flight entertainment is arguably one of the best, the food is okay (nothing special but good enough), but the service provided by the flight attendants was absolutely appalling. I received no help whatsoever from the stewardess nearby in loading/unloading my baggage, even though I was clearly seen struggling. I was very thirsty mid-flight and requested for the flight attendant to ask for water, but unfortunately no one showed up. The general attitude was unfriendly and unenthusiastic. I would absolutely opt for alternative airlines (and there are plenty) when making this trip in the future.
RouteJakarta to London via Dubai
Date FlownOctober 2018

"staff bossy, patronizing and unhelpful"

Not Verified | Hong Kong to Dubai via Heathrow. I found the staff bossy, patronizing and unhelpful. They were either too busy to answer questions or simply not there. Wifi supposedly available but never worked, remote control jammed in latched position, no printed wine list available. I am surprised at how poor I found the service. Qantas was far superior.
RouteHong Kong to Dubai via Heathrow