Emirates

"run away from this company"

Not Verified | Had a disastrous experience with Emirates recently. I was supposed to fly from New Dehli to Dubai on a direct flight taking off at 9:50 pm. When we just arrived at the airport with my colleague we learned already that the flight would be delayed and ETA planned at 00:00. Just 15 min before the planned new departure, still no news. I had to go and try to get some info to be informed by chance that the flight has to land in Lucknow - 40 min away from Dehli for weather conditions. But a few more minutes to refuel and the flight would bridge at Dehli. Planned new departure: 1:40am. We then learned around 1:20 am that the flight would be delayed until 7:30 PM.with no further explanations. The whole crowd started to get mad, complaining vocally to the staff who had no explanation to give. I learned by chance again afterwards that the flying staff was on too many extra hours and had to rest before re-flying. Emirates did not anticipate this obvious issue that made the flight to Dubai impossible for a long time. After more than 1 hour of complaining and shouting, and no answers from the staff, a passenger took the lead and had to inform everyone that anyway our only solution would be to collect back our luggage and try to find an alternative flight if any. I decided to call Emirates who booked me on the 11 am flight as the 4:14 am flights with all the mess around would not be catchable for any of us despite the fact that 26 seats were still available due to the boarding pass issue. It took us another hour to go through the passport control back in a chaotic situation and finally get our luggage back. Emirates claimed that they would offer us a hotel and breakfast. But getting out of the airport we discovered that the 360 passengers we waiting on a parking lot for buses to come to drive us 40 min away from the airport. It would take 2 hours to get our room and it was already 4:30 am. We decided to avoid the mess and stay at the airport with no sleep and not even a single bottle of water given by Emirates. At 7 am when we checked in again and complained about our dreadful experience, the staff claimed that it was well managed, Emirates offering us a hotel room and a breakfast. It drove me mad and I asked to talk to the most Senior Emirates staff member at the airport. I could not talk to him as he was busy in a meeting, not even considering the fair complaint of an angry customer. He just did not care! I am flying 100 days a year for the last 15 years and it is the most painful experience I had so far. Not only the situation was tough but the staff was totally incapable to inform us of anything, letting us wait for hours for nothing and only the buzz around informed us. Then the situation was managed in hours in a totally disorganized and disrespectful manner. Please all run away from this company.
RouteNew Dehli to Dubai
Date FlownOctober 2019

"quality of Emirates has plummeted"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Delhi via Dubai. The quality of Emirates has plummeted. From poor movie and entertainment choices, to screens not working, it was disappointing. The chair directly in front of me had a broken mechanism so it kept lurching backwards throughout the flight - even during take off. What is by far the worst for me (and has been discussed by friends who have recently flown economy Emirates) is the lack of drinks. They seem to have removed the bar service, except the limited drinks served with meals. So, I calculated we spent 5 hours without drink when you calculate our 2 hour stop over (where we were battling previous delay so no time got airport drinks), to be sitting in an aircraft got almost 2 hours before drinks became available. It was uncomfortable and poor service. Eventually I went to find the drinks myself - and was offered the standard small sealed cup! Shocking to think such inconsiderate service is part of Emirates - made more irritating by the signs on the screen asking passengers to keep hydrated during flights by drinking water. One very poor hot meal and the first and most awful 2 finger sandwich offered on a 7.6 hour flight - awful. And the WiFi was non existent - another reason we normally book with Emirates. I would rather fly any other flight than travel with emirates now. A rather traumatic experience.
RouteBirmingham to Delhi via Dubai

"very pleasantly surprised"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Kuwait. Not even knowing it, I misplaced my small credit card wallet in DBX terminal 3. I was very pleasantly surprised when I was held back a short moment when boarding EK 857 today October 12. The staff gave me my card wallet and both credit cards where there. I feel so lucky and are grateful to the excellent staff of Emirates and Dubai Airport. I hope this message finds the good staff and people of Emirates and Dubai Airport who helped me today.
RouteDubai to Kuwait
Date FlownOctober 2019

"surprised to be upgraded"

Not Verified | Sydney to Prague via Dubai early August. On arrival Dubai, my companion and I were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to First Class due to overbooking in Business, for the final leg to Prague. We were very well looked after in both classes. Uneventful trip home 3 weeks later from Hamburg to Sydney in Business.
RouteSydney to Prague via Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2019

"not what I expect from a Premium Product"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Munich. I'm a bit dissappointed overall. I haven't flown Emirates in some years and feel like they are not as good anymore as they used to be. The service is still outstanding, before, during and after the flight. But the flight experience not so much (besides the bar/lounge area which rocks!). The seats and bord entertainment in the A380 business class upper deck are old and outdated. Screens aren't good, user experience with the system isn't good, I had also trouble adjusting my seat and what I found the most annoying: before the start you are bombarded with advertising in Arabic and English - certainly not what I expect from a Premium Product. And the WiFi barely worked on the in and outbound flight.
RouteDubai to Munich

"fabulous hospitality"

Trip Verified | Our flight was amazing from start to finish. I always fly Emirates because of the fabulous hospitality. Both legs of the flight were fantastic. A staff member on our second leg of the journey from Dubai to Kuala Lumpur on the 6 Oct - EK 0344 gave us special treatment on the flight as it was my daughter’s 9th birthday. My kids were given a special cake in a lovely glass presentation with Polaroid photos to take home for memories. This staff member is the true face of Emirates service with a smile and amazing hospitality. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur via Dubai
Date FlownOctober 2019

"paying for the upgrade on-board"

Trip Verified | The flight from Dubai to Mauritius MK0911 is operated by Emirates, the flight was booked with Air Mauritius. Both companies when contacted to upgrade to business class prior to the flight declined they can do it (and this might sound not true but this was my experience), so even at check-in Emirates suggested the only way to get into business class is paying for the upgrade on-board. Emirates customer is not welcome to upgrade to business class on-board Although you may travel in business class paying for the upgrade last minute. The policy of Emirates is not to reward customers with business class mileage on last minute upgrades.
RouteDubai to Mauritius

"Very cheap food"

Trip Verified | Trivandrum to New York via Dubai. Very cheap food. No taste at all. No non-veg food was available. When asked for it, the air hostesses assisted us was kind of argumentative. Finally, I spoke to another lady and she provided it.
RouteTrivandrum to New York via Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Very very bad experience"

Trip Verified | I had heard a lot about Emirates and hence decided to fly with them. The cabin space looks okay, there are cabins with more space to walk around. On the Amsterdam to Dubai flight which was roughly 6.30-7 hrs - only 1 meal and a cold sandwich was served - in between there was no water served either. For such a long flight - it’s disappointing to not serve water at regular intervals - but it’s still the good part until now. Later at Dubai airport the staff were just bullies. Everyone was just asked to move from one place to other without much organisation and not respectfully but as cattleherd. There was a visually challenged man who was not shown any help or sympathy either. The connecting flight from Dubai to Bangalore just kept getting worse with people handing food parcels out by hand saying my colleague will bring the tray etc. Very very bad experience. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone especially if travelling economy class - they treat you as cattle.
RouteAmsterdam to Bangalore via Dubai
Date FlownOctober 2019

"did not get seats we paid for"

Trip Verified | Paris to Brisbane via Dubai. Service on flight was very good, food was fresh and tasty. Leg room good (for my short legs). Inflight entertainment not working properly, screen overheated regularly. Unfortunately we paid nearly $700 extra at booking, for specific seating selection and did not get any of the seats we paid for, on both outgoing and returning flights. Not given any explanation for this. If you can't accommodate people because of manifesto issues, totally understandable, but don't offer the option!!
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER