Emirates

"the seat was damaged"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Tunis. Flight was very very not comfortable, the seat was damaged and during my almost 7 hours flying and sitting not straight, my body was down to front. I have informed the cabin crew for the same and they informed me that no choice and there is one more seat is damage also! I don’t really understand that how come the flight getting approval for flying without doing any operations checklist.
RouteDubai to Tunis
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Emirates provides a very shabby experience"

Trip Verified | Again, the flight was delayed and again the captain couldn't issue the usual polite apology for the delay. After some time he laughingly told us Bangkok airport is busy! Hardly a professional way of dealing with a delay. In my section there was one pleasant female attendant and one bizarre male attendant who gesticulated a lot when I asked him to take my empty cup as he passed. Emirates provides a very shabby experience, in my opinion. A few aspects are okay and others are below expectations. A really professional approach is lacking in their customer service.
RouteBangkok to Dubai

Emirates customer review

Trip Verified | Dubai to Chicago. Emirates used to be a great airline, as much as I am flying with it the more disappointments I face recently. The staff is with attitude, customer care representatives cant even help. Called before check in to reserve window seat, the lady did mistake and put me where she felt like. Next time I called the customer care to book the seat next to the window after 30 mins since check in started they telling me that there is no seats - like seriously the price is so not worth of the service we receive.
RouteDubai to Chicago
Date FlownAugust 2019

"the seats were way too narrow"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Prague with Emirates. I simply enjoyed the flight. The crew was very amicable, open and easy to reach. The food was tasty, plenty and you did not have a feeling you are eating on a plane but in a restaurant. Later they served snacks and drinks. Their wine is superb. Movie list never end and the quality of the picture is excellent. The only thing I minded were the seats, they were way too narrow.
RouteDubai to Prague

"callous attitude"

Not Verified | Newark to Kozhikode via Dubai. I am rating the airline prior to my flight 8/30/19. I am a disabled person seeking medical assistance in getting from the plane door to my seat. I filled out the medical information form, got it signed by the doctor and sent it off to the airline. Now I am calling each day trying to get necessary approvals for them to help me on my upcoming flight. Customer service is helpless, they are at the mercy of the Medical Assistance dept who are unreachable. They keep telling me that my onward journey from Dubai is on a code share airline - FlyDubai and that airline has to approve my medical condition before Emirates can do the same. I booked an Emirates flight in the USA and paid the airline. Emirates put me on a code share flight with FlyDubai. I filled out the medical form for Emirates airlines. How is it my responsibility to get approvals from FlyDubai and airline that does not do business in the USA or have a telephone number? Since Emirates is the primary airline they should get the necessary clearances from the other airline and get my special needs taken care of. The callous attitude of all the Emirates staff I have interacted with is shameful. I have called over 15 times in the past 4 weeks to get the situation taken care of but Emirates is not bothered and just refuses to help me. Makes my situation worse than it already was as I prepare to board the flight for medical treatment in India. Help Someone!
RouteNewark to Kozhikode via Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2019

"not much positive to say"

Trip Verified | Christchurch to Sydney. Certainly not much positive to say about this airline other than the check in team were nice and efficient. All down hill from there, as we were delayed for take-off due to an ill passanger as soon as we had pushed back. No issue with illness, the problem was in Business no service was given to me even when after an hour I finally caught an attendant's eye for another drink and was abruptly told they were preparing for take-off again even though they were waiting on every whim of some other business guests. I'd paid for "flexi business" so not a cheap flight, yet the decor in the A380 is not to my taste of immitation golds, printed wood effect panelling with odd blue/grey seat shells, not relaxing or a calming vibe. Seats were otherwise comfortable, IFE remote is terrible for user functionality, and tray-table traps you in the seat so no mid-meal toilet trips. Crew were just a cog in the machine as they weren't personable and seemed distant to interact with everytime. My meal was quite tasty, another issue here was ordering Pinot Noir wasn't possible even simply asking for a red wine, still a blank stare so I gave up after multiple attempts as said pour whatever and ended up an musky white wine I couldn't drink. The attendands all understood English well, so it surprised me that it was so difficult to request a wine and even point at it on the menu! I was delayed and put up in a hotel for the night, however the shuttle driver only knew of one hotel to take us to and unfortunately only some of us were booked there. That hotel now full and multiple calls to Emirates, I was then told I was booked in a average hotel half-hour away even though I was the only Business guest and make my own way to the correct hotel. There weren't any Emirates members at the airport on the ground as many guests went around looking (myself included), so the only contact was once off the aircraft on the bridge an Emirates member told you which shuttle stop and a generic hotel name. All incorrect and one phone call I was told an Emirates ground agent would be waiting at the shuttle stop and they never did. In short if you must fly Emirates only book economy as that's the only value you will receive!
RouteChristchurch to Sydney

"a displeasing attitude"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | My first sector was from Madrid to Dubai. The purser on this flight was the crown jewel of the Emirates hospitality I remembered from my past travels. However she was assigned to business class whilst I was served by one crew who made my Emirates journey an utter disaster. The food on this flight was spectacular. The beef lasagna was great. The entertainment was limited compared to the newer A380s however it did have brilliant things that kept me entertained for 7 hours. Before take off I noticed that a customer who complained of a leaking AC was just shut down by a crew member who said 'cover your head for now, it'll stop after take off'. What a displeasing attitude from an airline renowned to be one of the best in the world. At the meal service I noticed that meals run out when it comes to the seats at the back. The menu on that flight consisted of a chicken and beef option only, even though traditionally airlines of that calibre opt to offer a vegetarian option too. They had run out of the chicken option and my friend who for religious reasons does not consume beef, was forced with the beef option saying that was all they had. Whilst they refused to eat it, the crew who were called many times didn't even make a single appearance to enquire. Finally when it came to the pre arrival snack, they offered a chicken option and cheese option. The crew member just served the food without asking what I wanted. When I opened I realised I was given the tasteless cheese option. However, the passengers behind us were offered both where they had a choice. My next flight was from Dubai to Colombo. Another unpleasant journey with the unsuitable comportment of the cabin crew. One of them refused to pour a full glass of apple juice for my father.
AircraftA380-800 / Boeing 777-300
RouteMadrid to Colombo via Dubai

"Very disappointed"

NotVerified | Singapore to Barcelona via Dubai with Emirates. First time experiencing blankets and headphones being collected before landing. When requesting to keep the blankets as I was still cold, they said they had to take them nevertheless. Another passenger experienced the same response. Food service was slow comparatively, especially for me who was seated at last portion of the cabin. Stewardess attitude was very lukewarm. Requested for water but was forgotten once, declined once, ignored once though we hit the service button, asked to wait once and then fifth staff I finally got my water. Very disappointed.
RouteSingapore to Barcelona via Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2019

"venture of cost cutting"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Colombo to Zurich via Dubai. The last time I flew Emirates I was quite young and overly obsessed by the greatness of its product and inflight service. However, Emirates has decided to put the past behind and embark on a poorly schemed, appalling venture of cost cutting at the cost of passenger comfort whilst still charging passengers exorbitantly. The first sector was from Colombo to Dubai. It was quite acceptable that Emirates never focused on its Asian sectors for they have extreme confidence that it's competitive pricing and brand name would get them customers inevitably. Therefore, I boarded this old 777-300, the inflight entertainment was certainly not much of a great deal on the first sector with quite limited options and by trying to handle it's terribly dysfunctional remote and put it back into its position, the wire had cut my finger. It gave me the worst airplane food ever. The crew on this sector thought were the only appealing segments of what I would call the emisery. They were attentive and kind and maintained a smile but however did not go the extra mile like the qatar airways cabin crew who were an extreme delight. Furthermore, another factor that put me off completely was how narrow and uncomfortable seats were. It was a completely disastrous 4 hours and 10 minutes. The next sector was from Dubai to Zurich with a layover of about 2 hours and 30 minutes. The layover was quite bad with basically no one willing to help us in the airport. we boarded a brilliant A380 that was the only thing as good as they advertise. Once again a repetitive episode of rude crew and even worse food. We were promised snacks by the airline on a 6 and a half hour flight that we expected would be of some quality - we were given a tiny packet of popcorn. I will never ever fly Emirates or recommend it.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 / A380-800
RouteColombo to Zurich via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2019

"they were truly unhelpful"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Frankfurt via Dubai. I flew with Emirates by myself with my children (1 year old and 3 year old) and the flight crew was so overly strict with their rules that they were truly unhelpful, making the trip more unpleasant that what I have experienced with other airlines in the past. 1 yo couldn't have her legs bent on the bassinet, so I wasn't allowed to use it, I couldn't use an inflatable foot rest for my toddler so that he could sleep a bit more comfortably, they were upset when asking for help getting the hand luggage from the top when my 1 yo was asleep over me, I wasn't allowed to leave the hand luggage at my feet for easy access to the baby gear, my son got told off for sitting on the carpet at our feet to play for less than 3 min and ended up in tears when picked up by the flight attendant, they couldn't pick up the food trays early, which was impossible to keep safe with 2 little children playing around. I get there's a reason for those rules, but sometimes people should assess what makes sense and give a little leeway with small children. Other passengers were truly helpful and made the trip more manageable. Overall, I will avoid Emirates in future when travelling with children.
RouteMelbourne to Frankfurt via Dubai