Emirates

Customer rating from 2027 reviews

"the contact center is useless"

Not Verified | I booked a ticket for my mother from New Delhi to Washington DC for April 2020. The flight got cancelled due to the pandemic and we were told that we could get the full refund. After paying more than $1,200, we received a refund after 90 days of around $560. We have called Emirates multiple times but the contact center is useless.
RouteDelhi to Washington DC via Dubai
Date FlownApril 2020

"we will never never fly Emirates again"

(Italy)

Not Verified | On my return flight from Tokyo to Bologna 13th of March in full Covid alarm, my brother and l arrived at the airport 6 hrs earlier with boarding passes as we had done our check in online. When checkin counter opened we were told that our flight from Dubai to Bologna was cancelled and therefore we could not board the Tokyo Bologna flight. Apart from the fact that there was a flight to Rome and that they did not protect us on that, fully booked (we found out that some passengers flight to Venice was advised a few days earlier to go to the airport and that they would flight to Rome instead as the Venice flight was cancelled as well. We were left at the airport at Midnight, no phone nr to call the next day, no hotel voucher nothing. After this experience we will never never fly Emirates again.
RouteBologna to Tokyo via Dubai

"Horrible service"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | It is the second time emirates cancel my flight 2 days before departure. The 2nd time that I paid a hotel booking as well as train tickets that I wont use. I also paid PCR test as we are required to have one 72h before flying and then they cancel the flight. They even tell us no compensation because its not their fault. Horrible service.
RouteCebu to Paris via Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"still wound up an extra $300 out of pocket"

Not Verified | I will never book with Emirates again. We booked flights to leave Chicago on 17th, connect in Dubai on the 18th, and arrive Dushanbe on 19th. They changed the initial flight to leave Chicago on 18th and land in Dubai on 19th, but they didn't change our connecting flight which still left Dubai on the 18th, one day after arrival in Dubai. We caught this mistake of theirs by accident, there was no word from them whatsoever. When we tried to resolve it they said they couldn't do anything about it, basically we were stuck and they're "sorry", that was it. My husband was able to find a flight that would fix it and called them back, they still said they couldn't fix it until he said he was on their website looking at a flight that could. Finally they fixed it, but we still wound up paying an extra $300 out of pocket for their mistake.
RouteChicago to Dushanbe via Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"greatly appreciate his contribution"

Not Verified | I rang Emirates Customer Service yesterday to ask them for some flexibility on the return leg of a flight from Brisbane. My mother has been in Australia since January and was due to return in a couple of weeks. Whilst some things regarding Covid 19 are returning to a new normality - my mother is in her 90s and as such is in a particularly vulnerable group. The customer service representative was amazingly understanding and sympathetic. He changed things to enable an open return (with no penalty) and completely understood the need for her only to return when things return to a much more normal situation. I had expected to have to argue my case but the agent was so understanding. He went way beyond what I expected and couldn’t have been more helpful. A credit to his company who I hope greatly appreciate his contribution.
RouteBrisbane to London via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"they told me no repatriation flight"

Trip Verified | I booked my first ticket on June 9 to travel by July 1, they cancelled it, I called them to ask of the next flight they told me it's for July 15 and its confirmed meanwhile I am already pregnant and never planned to have my baby here in the UAE, my visa is also cancelled so I could go back home, again they cancelled the flight on the 7th July, I called to ask when is the next repatriation flight they told me no repatriation flight except until August 3. I visit them yesterday 9th July and to my surprise, I heard that there was a repatriation flight that left a day before which was on the 8th July and also another one is scheduled for 14th July meanwhile I called and kept calling and even use their chat platform just to let me know if there is any repatriation flight to Nigeria, but seems all the customer care I spoke with were poorly informed, how can you as a customer care or telephone operator or ticketing officer and you don't know there is a repatriation flight just to inform your clients. The biggest shock of my life was the lady at the ticketing office on 8th July around 2 pm -5 pm she shouldn't be working as a customer service personnel at all, she is badly mannered, she does not display any form of empathy all, I explained my situation to this lady and what she said was "all flights for July has been cancelled and it's not only you". My point is if you cancelled my flight and I already told them my situation why cant they just inform me that theren is a repatriation flight they just displayed a nonchalant attitude, meanwhile i have been following up with their flight for more than a month and several repatriation flight left and still non of them informed their customers about this, they are only happy to cancel your flight taking advantage of the situation without even informing of the next and available options for their customers. Till now I have not been able to get any ticket and I have to leave Dubai this month July, 2020 unfailingly and I heard there is a repatriation flight for 14th July still they have not been able to put me on this flight despite my condition.
RouteDubai to Lagos
Date FlownJuly 2020

"I could't be more disappointed"

Trip Verified | I was extremely disappointed how it handled things around the Corona virus: Had no checks carried out either at the airports on before the flight, not even a temperature check. On the airport and on the flight as well I've seen sick people, people who were coughing. When I was flying out to Australia countries have started to introduced lockdown measures so I have decided to move my return flight forward (to make sure I don't stuck on the other side of the world). Whilst Emirates guaranteed ticket flexibility to people who were travelling during this period (they let you change the travel time) I was disgusted by the fact that if you change your return flight Emirates will charge you for a one way ticket which is double the price of a return ticket. So instead of you only paying for the difference between your new ticket and the old ticket you also have to pay for the difference between a single trip and round trip which is absolutely ridiculous and I don't think it's at all acceptable. The Emirates website was saying that all tickets are sold out for they flight I've chosen and on other flight I would have had to pay even more so I bought a ticket from Qantas (which turned out to be on an Emirates flight) I've submitted a cancellation request on my original Emirates flight on 20th March and still hasn't received any response. I could't be more disappointed with Emirates, especially that I never got my unused ticket refunded. Due to this bad experience I wouldn't use Emirates again and would talk anyone out of using them.
RouteLondon to Sydney via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"lied about reason for cancellation"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | Chicago to Lahore via Dubai. I am really disappointed with my return flight with Emirates. After flight resumption due to Covid, I reconfirmed my booking 5 times, on different days and they cancelled my flight 3 hours before departure. Moreover, they lied about reason for cancellation. They canceled my flight and told me CAA at Lahore isn’t allowing to land flights which was false. All other airlines we’re flying on that route and I also confirmed from CAA. Because of this, I had to have extra travel arrangements and stay at the city of departure as I came from another state.
RouteChicago to Lahore via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Definitely a rip off"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Extremely disappointing. Corona crisis started. They basically cut all phone numbers, closed offices and let us without information in Thailand. They were still selling tickets for the next few days when they cancelled our flight back and did not allow us to take place on those just to sell more expensive tickets. Definitely a rip off. Emirates. Don't fly. It seems like a better pick up line for your commercials.
RouteBruxelles to Bangkok via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"they are refusing to refund"

Not Verified | We had a business class flight from Auckland to Vienna booked for April 20. Obviously Corona crisis happened and we all know the story how almost all flights including this one was cancelled. The terms of the ticket clearly stated that they will refund full amount if they cancel the flight. As other reviewers had mentioned as well, they have since changed their terms so that all refunds are subject to cancellation terms regardless of if they cancel or the client cancels. Thus they are refusing to refund and try to offer their vouchers instead. Being a business class flight for 4 persons it's a fairly substantial amount. Let's consider the facts for a moment. Changing contract terms one-sided after the contract has been made, is clearly illegal and is not enforceable. Second, being an EU citizen, registered in an EU country and having paid with a credit card registered in the EU, the EU regulation clearly stated that airlines must provide a refund if they cancel a flight regardless of what they terms would have said. I'm currently processing a charge-back on the credit card. =
RouteAuckland to Wien via Dubai