Emirates

Customer rating from 1955 reviews

"simply unacceptable"

Not Verified | Flew Dubai to Denpasar return. Overall dissatisfied mainly due to the limited amount of drink runs provided by staff. The flight is over 9 hours long plus being stuck on the tarmac on the outbound flight from Dubai and only three rounds of drinks are provided! So only one drink every three hours which is simply unacceptable. Meanwhile the inflight entertainment warns you to drink sufficiently, making you even more frustrated.
RouteDubai to Denpasar

"completely awful experience"

Not Verified | New York to Perth via Dubai. Our outbound was delayed from Newark and I was concerned on our entire flight that we would miss our connection in Dubai. The host assured me Emirates had the ability to hold any flight for up to one hour, and that we would make our connection. We arrived only to find we had missed our connection by 20 minutes. We were devastated, as this was the only flight out that day, and were told we would have to spend 24 hours in Dubai. There was no one on the ground to help us, so we made our own way to customer service. The staff were rude and completely unapologetic that we would lose 24hrs from our vacation. They told us to go to the hotel and didn't give us any guidance as to how to get our baggage, or even where our baggage would end up. The flight they rebooked us on allocated us seats at the back of the plane, as if losing 24hrs wasn't punishment enough. We then spent a further 3 hours at the airport, trying to get our seats moved and also secure our baggage. Even more concerning than all of this, there was no guidance around what it meant to enter the UAE and what we should be careful of medication-wise. When we went through customs to enter Dubai, they searched my bag and started questioning myself and my husband for sleep medication I had with me. It was incredibly disturbing and made even worse later finding out my husband had both Benedryl and pseudoephedrine - two over the counter drugs that are jailable offences in the UAE without a prescription! This is a complete lack of duty of care by Emirates. This is disgusting behavior and not what I expect of what is said to be a premium airline. The above, and the complete lack of empathy I received from Emirates staff has been a completely awful experience. Emirates should be ashamed you are charging the fees you charge for this type of treatment.
RouteNew York to Perth via Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2019

"staff were all so friendly"

Trip Verified | Perth to London via Dubai. This is the first time I have flown with Emirates The staff were all so friendly and knowledgeable. I flew in Economy class, and it was still very good. The cleanliness of the lavatories and the aircraft was above the standard. The food was also very nice. Only negative for me is the WiFi.
RoutePerth to London via Dubai

"received excellent service"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Bangkok via Dubai, excellent flights on new A380 aircraft. Cabin crew were friendly, efficient and ensured that we received excellent service. One criticism – which was shared by other passengers and indeed cabin crew we spoke to – is the appalling choice of music played when boarding the aircraft. We heard a number of songs dating back to the 1970s and 1980s which we had hoped we would never hear again. Although boarding was efficient, exiting was more chaotic. The problem is that both business and economy passengers are converging on the same exit which meant that it took an inordinate amount of time get off the aircraft. Why pay for a business ticket if you can’t enjoy the advantages?
RouteBirmingham to Bangkok via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"left us so disappointed"

Trip Verified | Singapore to New York via Dubai. For this trip to JFK we decided to travel 1st time with emirates. On the departure date the journey was more than 21 hours from Singapore. The staff in the plane were arrogant and unhelpful. They were unwilling to help even for taking hot water for my other baby to make milk. Imagine requesting for hot water for baby milk (1st time on to the flight) and was greeted with an unhappy face from the crew. This is not during the period where everyone were required to remain seated. We are family of 8. Our baby 24 mths old and 4 mths old were not making things easy. The staff was rude to us from the start. We were not demanding passenger nor were we rude at any time. We had on many occasions called them by pressing the button but at all times nobody came to our seat to attend to us. This is far from what we called excellent service coming from an international airline. They told us to put up the hand carry luggage ourselves when my 13 yr old daughter had difficulties on 1 occasion. On another occasion there were clean pair of socks on the floor and they told us to clean that up. I was appalled by the choice of words they used. They even make unhappy faces when we requested for drinks as kids were thirsty. I am not a big eater but even i find that the food provided was insufficient in portion. We should have been served a proper meal for the last meal but instead we were given a small piece of pizza. As we were all very hungry on that day and Halal food was difficult to find at JFK airport we had to travel very far to have our meal at Philadelphia, the only place we know there were authentic halal food. This is from my experience. I was never required to send a feedback on service by an airline but our experience on 24 Dec with Emirates has left us so disappointed that we have no choice but to write this review.
RouteSingapore to New York via Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2019

"frustrating and sorry affair"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Singapore via Dubai. The flight was long and arduous due to flooding at Dubai airport. This was obviously out of Emirates control. However the lost my bag, and as I was travelling on official business I was forced to purchase a replacement suit and medication. I first rang the emirates number in Singapore and spoke to an individual who told me they would email about the case. No email arrived. A week later I was passing through the airport again and went to the Emirates desk. The member of staff was incredibly rude, and informed me it was nothing she could help with (in fact she just sat shaking her head for most of the conversation). I then rang the Singapore number again and the member of staff informed me I would have to complain. I explained that I did not want to complain, but was just looking to have a normal conversation with a member of staff. The cost of the replacement clothes was modest. Anyway, I then used the feedback form online to send my request, and received nothing back after 3 days. Emirates do not provide an email address. My next step was to speak with someone on online chat function, who informed me it could take up to 30 days to respond to my complaint. I expressed incredulity at this number. My only conclusion is that Emirates does not do customer service - unless that is, you want to buy a business class ticket. It has been a very frustrating and sorry affair. The lack of clear information, mixed messages, is very frustrating. Individual members of staff seem to have no authority to deal with a problem, which speaks to a dysfunctional and frustrating work environment.
RouteStansted to Singapore via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"best entertainment system on board for sure"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Paris via Dubai with Emirates. Had great 6 days stopover in Dubai. Value for money! The best entertainment system on board for sure. Loved their live TV, but unfortunately it is not available on all flights. Meals are just okay, service is slow and disorganized. They take out blankets and headsets from the people 40 minutes before landing, while people moving to the toilets up and down aisles and it creates such a mess in the cabin.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER, A380-800
RouteHong Kong to Paris via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Service is slow and disorganized"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Paris to Hong Kong via Dubai with Emirates. Great on board entertainment. Good seats. Spacious A380. Meals are just okay, they tend to run out of options frequently. Service is slow and disorganized. It's different from flight to flight. They take out blankets and headsets from the people 40 minutes before landing, while people moving to the toilets up and down aisles and it creates such a mess in the cabin. I really don't like those forceful advertisements before landing in Dubai. There are too many of them, too long, too noisy!
AircraftA380-800
RouteParis to Hong Kong via Dubai

Emirates customer review

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Sydney via Dubai. The connection flight was overbooked, they did not allow us out of the plane so that we could get to our connection flight, and they rebooked us on the next day flight, and told us to go to the business lounge and wait. when I tried to make a complaint, they didn't want to know. The compensation was 15,000 reward points, no apology, no care. On the flight the next day, the TV in front of us at the back of the plane did not work.
AircraftBUS 780
RouteLisbon to Sydney via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"tickets were relatively cheap"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Prague via Dubai. I could lie down and sleep in economy class because of the low load factor. The aircraft was well-decorated and the legroom was satisfying. nThey have the best inflight entertainment system. The tickets were relatively cheap. The cabin crew were generally friendly. Dubai is not a passenger-friendly airport. It is quite frustrating to travel around. The airport is massive but the train does not run through the entire airport. The cabin crew had not been too eager to serve. They sat in the galley for most of the time. When a passenger needed anything, instead of hitting the bell, they went to the galley and ask for their needs. The toilets were quite dirty. Although it takes 8 hours to fly from Hong Kong to Dubai, they only serve two meals (one hot and one cold). Passengers needed to wait for 6 hours for another meal.
RouteHong Kong to Prague via Dubai