Emirates

Customer rating from 2021 reviews

"I could't be more disappointed"

Trip Verified | I was extremely disappointed how it handled things around the Corona virus: Had no checks carried out either at the airports on before the flight, not even a temperature check. On the airport and on the flight as well I've seen sick people, people who were coughing. When I was flying out to Australia countries have started to introduced lockdown measures so I have decided to move my return flight forward (to make sure I don't stuck on the other side of the world). Whilst Emirates guaranteed ticket flexibility to people who were travelling during this period (they let you change the travel time) I was disgusted by the fact that if you change your return flight Emirates will charge you for a one way ticket which is double the price of a return ticket. So instead of you only paying for the difference between your new ticket and the old ticket you also have to pay for the difference between a single trip and round trip which is absolutely ridiculous and I don't think it's at all acceptable. The Emirates website was saying that all tickets are sold out for they flight I've chosen and on other flight I would have had to pay even more so I bought a ticket from Qantas (which turned out to be on an Emirates flight) I've submitted a cancellation request on my original Emirates flight on 20th March and still hasn't received any response. I could't be more disappointed with Emirates, especially that I never got my unused ticket refunded. Due to this bad experience I wouldn't use Emirates again and would talk anyone out of using them.
RouteLondon to Sydney via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"lied about reason for cancellation"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | Chicago to Lahore via Dubai. I am really disappointed with my return flight with Emirates. After flight resumption due to Covid, I reconfirmed my booking 5 times, on different days and they cancelled my flight 3 hours before departure. Moreover, they lied about reason for cancellation. They canceled my flight and told me CAA at Lahore isn’t allowing to land flights which was false. All other airlines we’re flying on that route and I also confirmed from CAA. Because of this, I had to have extra travel arrangements and stay at the city of departure as I came from another state.
RouteChicago to Lahore via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Definitely a rip off"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Extremely disappointing. Corona crisis started. They basically cut all phone numbers, closed offices and let us without information in Thailand. They were still selling tickets for the next few days when they cancelled our flight back and did not allow us to take place on those just to sell more expensive tickets. Definitely a rip off. Emirates. Don't fly. It seems like a better pick up line for your commercials.
RouteBruxelles to Bangkok via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"they are refusing to refund"

Not Verified | We had a business class flight from Auckland to Vienna booked for April 20. Obviously Corona crisis happened and we all know the story how almost all flights including this one was cancelled. The terms of the ticket clearly stated that they will refund full amount if they cancel the flight. As other reviewers had mentioned as well, they have since changed their terms so that all refunds are subject to cancellation terms regardless of if they cancel or the client cancels. Thus they are refusing to refund and try to offer their vouchers instead. Being a business class flight for 4 persons it's a fairly substantial amount. Let's consider the facts for a moment. Changing contract terms one-sided after the contract has been made, is clearly illegal and is not enforceable. Second, being an EU citizen, registered in an EU country and having paid with a credit card registered in the EU, the EU regulation clearly stated that airlines must provide a refund if they cancel a flight regardless of what they terms would have said. I'm currently processing a charge-back on the credit card. =
RouteAuckland to Wien via Dubai
Date FlownApril 2020

"I cannot have a refund"

Not Verified | Never will I book a flight with this company again! After receiving notification that all our flights had been cancelled. Trying numerous times to get through to call centres. I’m then informed I cannot have a refund of my money, only a voucher. When I refuse this ridiculous offer I’m told they will then charge me $1000 in a cancellation fee if I try to get a refund. This is for flights they cancelled, and failure to provide a service they sold. Not something in my control, and not by any action of mine. In their lengthy Contract of Carriage it clearly states I am entitled to a full refund if they fail to fly. Apparently Emirates believes they can introduce new terms and conditions and that our previous agreed to contract no longer suits them. Had my bank try and reverse charges. After waiting 25 days was informed that their merchant bank sent an offer for a voucher, good for 24 months, and that if I then still wanted a refund I could get one then.
RoutePerth to Frankfurt via Dubai
Date FlownApril 2020

"refund request has been cancelled"

Not Verified | My family booked a holiday to Singapore, due to fly in March this year. However due to the unforeseen pandemic we were forced to cancel once the government announced the block on air travel. We have been trying to obtain a refund and have phoned their customer services many times only to be told our refund request has been cancelled. No notification, no phone calls with explanation nothing, just cancelled. Pretty appalling from a so called premier airline.
Date FlownMarch 2020

"left stranded in Phuket"

Not Verified | My son and girlfriend left stranded in Phuket by Emirates. They were on a 2 week holiday. Emirates flew them out there on 14th March then sent a text on 22nd informing them their flight home on 28 March was cancelled. No advice on how they could contact them or alternative flight options home. Emirates did not answer phone calls, e mails nothing. Just left stranded. I had to Pay £2000 for Ethihad flight to get them home. They had to fly to Bangkok first, stay in a hotel overnight then catch the Etihad flight. To date Emirates have only sent an automated response re claim for refund. Never again will we book with Emirates.
RoutePhuket to London via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"don’t want to refund us"

Trip Verified | They cancelled all the flight and left us in Thailand with no option to go home and didn’t answer the phone or emails. We were abandoned there with no information. We had to buy a new ticket to get home (1500€) and now they don’t want to refund us anything.
RouteBangkok to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"They left everyone stranded"

Trip Verified | Booked a ticket from Bangkok to London on 30 March. 23rd March got an email saying it was cancelled. They left everyone stranded in Thailand with no notice. I must take my hat off to EVA Air that has kept operating and saved thousands of people being stranded. Also they did not inflate their prices. Was always a good fan of them and now definitely will stick with EVA Air. Impossible to contact Emirates and still waiting for a refund which should have been processed immediately so I could pay for the new ticket home. So no flight, and still have my money. No way would I accept a voucher as I will never use them again. Dispute filed with credit card.
RouteBangkok to London via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"refund will be done within 90 days"

Trip Verified | They canceled my flight and when I requested for full refund they told me, it will be available within 15 days. After 20 days I called them back to ask what is going on and why my account is still not refunded. They told me that they recently changed their policy and refund will be done within 90 days. Is this a joke. This is not fair and you have to be ashamed of your policy.
RouteSydney to Sofia via Dubai