Emirates

Customer rating from 2023 reviews

"They left everyone stranded"

Trip Verified | Booked a ticket from Bangkok to London on 30 March. 23rd March got an email saying it was cancelled. They left everyone stranded in Thailand with no notice. I must take my hat off to EVA Air that has kept operating and saved thousands of people being stranded. Also they did not inflate their prices. Was always a good fan of them and now definitely will stick with EVA Air. Impossible to contact Emirates and still waiting for a refund which should have been processed immediately so I could pay for the new ticket home. So no flight, and still have my money. No way would I accept a voucher as I will never use them again. Dispute filed with credit card.
RouteBangkok to London via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"refund will be done within 90 days"

Trip Verified | They canceled my flight and when I requested for full refund they told me, it will be available within 15 days. After 20 days I called them back to ask what is going on and why my account is still not refunded. They told me that they recently changed their policy and refund will be done within 90 days. Is this a joke. This is not fair and you have to be ashamed of your policy.
RouteSydney to Sofia via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"never fly with Emirates again"

Not Verified | My wife and I were booked to fly home business class with Emirates to the UK on the 26.03.2020. On the 25.03.2020 we learned that our flight had been cancelled. We contacted the Emirates customer information at Perth Airport for further information. It was confirmed that our flight was cancelled and we were told that as we were no longer a customer with Emirates how we got home was not a concern of Emirates. The phone was then hung up. We got home eventually with Qatar Airways where we had to pay twice the normal cost for regular seats. Since getting home we have been offered vouchers which we have refused saying we want a refund of the cost of the return flight. We have been told that any refund (if offered) may take many months and it is unlikely that Emirates will agree to a full refund for the return flight which they cancelled. What a way to treat it's customer. A disgrace. We will never fly with Emirates again.
RoutePerth to Manchester via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Emirates has failed to live up to it’s Customer expectation"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Bangalore via Dubai. I had great expectations after learning that this was the number one airline in the world. It is far from being so, it doesn’t even qualify to be within the first 50, unfortunately. The customer service officials are so ill informed that they can hardly be of help to the customers. They have only canned answers. The travel segment referenced to in this review was understandably canceled because of the covid pandemic. So then I called up to cancel the ticket the customer service diverted me to another website and made me fill out the entire form and submit cancellation. He said it is going to take two weeks for the refund, which was fair. Emirates is misusing the disaster to its advantage and abusing the customers. Now they say it is going to take 90 days to refund the amount. Now there is no way I can get back without being refunded the amount. Their responses are very poor. An airline quality and service is better judged at the time of an exception. Emirates has failed to live up to it’s Customer expectation. Most other airlines I had booked have already refunded my money. So that gives us a relative sense or comparison.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Bangalore via Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2019

"travel agent refusing to provide refund."

Trip Verified | Delhi to Stansted via Dubai. This is pertaining my travel agent (Makemytrip.com) and Emirates' lack of responsiveness for cancelled flight during to COVID19. I have flow Emirates in past several times and generally the experience was alright. However, I was to fly to London for our summary vacation in May 2020 and Emirates has cancelled the tickets. And as per my travel agent (Makemytrip.com) they are refusing to provide me a refund. The reason is not given. The website has a poorly organized form that doesn't allow me to raise a complaint and couple of email IDs that I have written to, are unresponsive.
RouteDelhi to Stansted via Dubai
Date FlownApril 2020

"Flight delayed for several hours"

Not Verified | Dubai to Moscow. Emirates is the worst airline in the world. Food onboard I have not seen worse. Flight delayed for several hours. Employees of the airline at the counter at Dubai Airport behave rudely, refuse to comply with international flight rules.
RouteDubai to Moscow
Date FlownMarch 2020

"charge me for cancellation?"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | I purchased two tickets for myself and my daughter in August 2019 and planned to travel to Paris via Dubai on 18th March 2020 and return on 3rd Apr from Nice. However, due to the current situation (Covid19) and lockdown in France, our trip was cancelled by Emirates and it also advised that all the flights are cancelled unless there was a valid reason to travel and we can send a request for refund and the refund will be within 2 weeks. I sent the refund form and request to be refunded and waited for almost 3 weeks but no response or refund came through. When I contacted Emirates on 6th April the sales representative said I will be charged if I request for refund. How silly and illogical is this? Emirates cancelled the trip and now it wants to charge me for cancellation? Why should I be charged for refund if the airline is cancelled the trip or whatever is the reason that it is not the passengers fault.
RouteBahrain to Paris via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"did not have any food on board"

Trip Verified | Travelling back from Mauritius to Zurich via Dubai on 24th March, the DXB-ZRH leg did not have any food on board. Only biscuits, chocolate bars , coffee and tea were served. Having complained directly to Emirates about this they denied that any report or complaint had been made to them about it.
RouteMauritius to Zurich via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"cancelled all of their flights"

Trip Verified | They cancelled all of their flights 24 hours before I was due to fly with no prior warning and left me stranded on the other side of the world. Refused to book me a seat on another airline when there was many available. They couldn't care less about their customers or their (supposed) duty of care to them. A flight voucher is really useful when you've grounded all your planes and the world is under quarantine for an unknown length of time and I have to get home swiftly before borders are closed. Emirates immediately closed all of their regional customer service centres and it was impossible to get through on their jammed phone line. I had to pay out of my own pocket to book a ticket with another airline.
RouteTokyo to Birmingham via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"the most horrific flight"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | My wife and I recently flew Emirates EK345 Brisbane to Prague via Dubai 23.03 2020. It was the the most horrific flight. From the time we left Brisbane until Dubai the washrooms were disgusting No hand tissue, no hand soap, the floor was littered with hand tissue and wet from urine and or water. The floor was sticky to walk on. As were were seated adjacent not far from the washrooms it was easy to observe the cabin crew very rarely checked the washrooms. There was an over use of the seat belt signs to ensure customers were seated rather than annoying the crew serving meals I was given the choice between beef and chicken and when I chose beef was informed there was none left but if I wanted to wait 20 minutes perhaps there maybe some left over. Sure enough 20 minutes later a beef meal arrived and was promptly dumped on the meal tray and was stone cold. The crew through the 15 hours were noticeably aggressive to all and sundry. The toilets were locked 20 minutes from landing in Dubai and my wife had to beg to use the washroom. Whilst we were informed this was the last flight out of Australia I guess the crew were coming to grips with loosing their jobs. Sorry but they still should have been professional until they finished their shifts. I have since written to Emirates feedback but no response. We hold return tickets to Australia and can only hope for a better experience. Having wished for a long time to fly with this airline on the recommendation of others, what a complete disappointment I have flown the major airlines over the ast 40 years and "never" had anything to equal this most over rated airline.
RouteBrisbane to Prague via Dubai