Emirates

Customer rating from 2075 reviews

"Emirates left us stranded in Muscat"

Trip Verified | We booked a trip from London to Muscat and then Muscat to Dubai for a week before returning to the UK. Emirates left us stranded in Muscat Airport. They had cancelled the flight and not even notified us of this cancellation. They had just put us on another flight 40 hours later without telling us. We turned up to the airport and the flight did not exist. There was no help desk at the airport, their App was down and we couldn't get through to customer service in Oman or the UAE. We tried calling customer service in the UK, and were still not put through to anyone 40 minutes later. Bearing in mind, we were having to use our UK mobiles abroad. We had another British couple come up to us who hear our conversation and were going through exactly the same thing. I am over six months pregnant and this was meant to be a honeymoon for us because our original wedding and honeymoon were cancelled due to COVID. In the end we had to rent a car to drive over the border as there weren't any flights to the UAE for 12 hours and we did not want to spend the night in the airport when I was six months pregnant. We tried to complain in Dubai & we were told they couldn't do anything, we had to report it via the website upon completion of our full trip when we arrived back in the UK. I lodged a complaint & we have just received the below response, which takes no accountability and tries to pass the buck to FlyDubai. Firstly, they are part of the same group and secondly, we booked our tickets through Emirates & they took full payment for the whole itinerary. Therefore, we are their customer & we are nothing to do with FlyDubai. They offered us a measly 10,000 miles each, which costs them nothing & is completely worthless since their restructure of airmiles a few years ago. You need a min. 50-100K to upgrade. Emirates response: Thank for your correspondence and naturally, I regret to learn that you were affected by a schedule change and that you only found out when you arrived at the airport. I do appreciate the inconvenience you were caused, especially as I understand that you are pregnant. If I may explain that you booked a ticket which included two different airlines. Although there is a partnership, Emirates and FlyDubai are two separate companies and Emirates have no control over the operation of their flights and vice versa. In this instance, the schedule change occurred to your flight from Muscat operated by FlyDubai; whilst I am not aware why their proposed flight EK2033 on 5 November was removed from their schedules in advance of travel, I would like to explain that unfortunately, there are rare occasions when these cannot be avoided due to operational or commercial requirements, or other unforeseen circumstances. That being said, I note that you experienced difficulties when you tried to contact us and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of Emirates, as well as our partner FlyDubai. Whilst we are unable to offer any reimbursement of expenses incurred as a consequence of a cancellation of a flight operated by another airline, I would suggest you contact your private travel insurers, as standard travel insurance policies usually cover such situations. Nevertheless, as a gesture on our part to apologise for the negative impression you have been left with on this occasion, I have credited 10,000 goodwill miles to both your Skywards accounts. Miss May, I do hope that you will continue to choose Emirates in the future.
RouteLondon to Muscat via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2021

"The cleanliness of the cabin was not satisfactory at all"

Trip Verified | My flight 585 and subsequent 241 were a nightmare to me. I found Emirates service grossly poor and discriminatory, and full of mistakes and ignorance. My observations are below, and I am requesting Emirates to consider them seriously: 1) I found a few of the messages in Bengali are incorrect, attached one for your ready reference 2) No Bengali Entertainment at all, despite a lot of Bangladeshi people, travel through Emirates. (All Indian Regional Movies were there and even though Japanese) 3) Flight started after an hour late, and no announcement was made, and you failed to meet timeline, attached photo as a ready reference 4) No sound system was provided, and repeated requests were made to provide one but ignored 5) In-flight attendants were not responded to, while they were called several times by the passenger (I tried three times but no response) 6) Food options were not there and only asked to take what was available like either vegetarian or chicken 7) Disembarkation took very long, almost an hour, and no announcement made to inform passengers 8) The cleanliness of the cabin was not satisfactory at all 9) COVID-19 supplies were inadequate and discriminatory (No kit provided other than a hand sanitizer tube).
RouteToronto to Dubai via Dhaka

"a pleasant experience"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Great and consistent service given by the crew, especially the steward serving the cabin from row 24 till 36. He helped with finding space in the overhead bins for cabin bags, was very friendly and motivated, and provided excellent service. During the entire flight he paid attention on passengers wearing their face mask, and made remarks to the ones not wearing it. In the past (before Covid19), I experienced some flights where service was lacking and unsatisfied, but this was a pleasant experience. Only negative point is the self check-in at Dubai Airport. People are guided to self check-in machines, also elderly and less frequent flyers, big families, and it takes very long time to have their check-in completed. Especially when they have excess baggage and already half of the bags have been send through. After completing check in, still have to queue up for passport and PCR verification at another Emirates desk, which makes the self check-in less convenient. Nevertheless great experience again.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteDubai to Brussels

"enjoyed the flight"

Trip Verified | We flew Emirates from Los Angeles (LAX) to Dubai to attend the Dubai Expo 2020. It's a long-haul flight -- the flight is about 16 hours -- but my wife and I enjoyed the flight, even with the extreme length. The coach seats were comfortable, with a good amount of leg room and the IFE had a wide variety of movies, TV, and audio to keep me occupied. The cabin stewards were friendly and seemed to enjoy their job which helped make the flight even better! I look forward to flying Emirates again.
RouteLos Angeles to Dubai
Date FlownOctober 2021

"crew were rude and lacked time management"

Trip Verified | This was my first and worst experience to fly with Emirates. My previous flight going back to USA was business class and I was provided with a defective seat and I complained about it through their website. They did not bother to refund me for that trip. Coming back to Karachi there was a total lack of training and professionalism. The crew were rude and lacked time management. I am a frequent traveler and unfortunately it was the worst experience I had with this airline. I would never go again or recommend this airline.
RouteHouston to Karachi
Date FlownOctober 2021

"no reply has arrived yet"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | I need to cancel my flight, but I didn't receive the confirmation email and didn't know my reservation code. I wasted 3 phone calls only to wait 30+ minutes in total without reaching an operator. By chance, a reminder email contained the reservation code, so I request to cancel through their form. It's been more than a week and no reply has arrived yet. The flight date is near, so I'm trying to change the date, at least, to take time. But there are no options for the same price (it should be free of charge).
RouteTokyo to Malta via Dubai
Date FlownNovember 2021

"online complaint system is a mockery"

Trip Verified | My wife and I reunited in Seychelles in August 2021 after being separated by the pandemic. We had planned to return to the Philippines where she is a citizen. Upon checking in for our first flight with Emirates, the supervisor said I needed a visa since I was a USA citizen. We attempted to explain that Philippines allows a visa on arrival for foreign spouses traveling with their Filipino spouse under the Balikbayan program. We showed our original apostilled marriage certificate as proof. However, the supervisor stated their system did not list these other provisions. We attempted to show multiple IATF resolutions that the Balikbayan had been allowed for several months, but she stated their system was updated daily. We agreed to follow up during normal business hours since this was Friday night. When I asked for documentation regarding my offloading, the supervisor indicated she couldn't provide this and that I'd have to make an online complaint. We were able to confirm by phone and email from the Bureau of Immigration that I should be allowed entry with my wife. We then showed this documentation to different Emirates supervisors at the airport who expressed confusion as to why I was prohibited to board in the first place. They agreed to independently confirm with Emirates airport staff in Philippines and the airport immigration officials. After they did, the airport supervisors confirmed we could rebook our flights and I would be able to board. We incurred thousands of dollars of extra travel expenses while obtaining this confirmation. And our connecting airlines refused to refund us our tickets without documentation as to why I was prohibited to board. When I requested this documentation from the online complaint system, I did not receive a clear response about the matter for 10 days. And that response added that the Balikbayan program didn't apply to me since I wasn't a Filipino even though I had already provided them emails from the Philippines BOI and the Emirates airport staff confirming I should be allowed to travel. I spent the next month continuing to email, resubmit documentation, and call anyone at Emirates who'd listen without any success. I did not receive any corrected documentation about the offloading, any financial compensation or flight credits, not even an apology acknowledging their initial mistake! Each time they continued to cordially reiterate that they took "the matter seriously" and "have nothing further to add." International travelers, especially Filipinos, should beware flying Emirates! They're playing the role of immigration without the knowledge or authority to do so. The online complaint system for Emirates is a travesty of a mockery! You can only upload 2 documents at a time. And you can't make multiple submissions without waiting for Emirates to reply. A week or two later. There's no one you can talk to about matters like this by phone either! I asked to speak with supervisors and managers multiple times without any success. Each time they referred me to the (useless) online complaint system. I don't even know why they bothered to send me delayed replies. They didn't address any concern or ever explain why the airport supervisors could approve me to rebook and board but the online customer service could make say something completely different.
RouteSeychelles to Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"best experience was at KLIA Airport"

Trip Verified | Most staff are attentive and helpful except the cabin crew that I flew from Houston to Dubai, she refused to assist me with my luggage although she noticed I had some disability. My best experience was at KLIA Airport, staff assist me, transport me with wheelchair until I complete all the screening process. He was professional, polite and caring, and patiently helped me until I was transfered to Quarantine Hotel. I was exhausted traveling almost 48 hours.
RouteHouston to Kuala Lumpur via Dubai
Date FlownOctober 2021

"reliable and consistent service"

Trip Verified | A reliable and consistent service, despite flying during a pandemic. The flight left and arrived on time. The cabin was clean, cabin crew professional and friendly. The meals offer excellent portions for a short flight.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteMale to Dubai
Date FlownOctober 2021

"needs a serious training of their staff"

Trip Verified | Following an incident of the flight being moved to the next day (which can happen and was an uncontrollable unfortunate incident). But, what was controllable, was the level of customer service. No customer should be told that they cannot rebook with another airline after an airline has breached they ticket contract or else they would not receive a hotel voucher. I believe this is the era of choice? The customer doesn’t put themselves in the unfortunate position of an airline being in breach of their airline ticket. And should a customer then choose another airline to reach their destination, the airline should know that the customer did not choose to have to rebook a flight. Nevertheless, the flight a customer chooses should be entirely up to them, given the option. Emirates should never try to hold people hostage after they mess up! Customers should never be ridiculed for not choosing an airline they no longer trust. Emirates needs a serious training of their staff on customer service, or simply just learn the term, because what I experienced should just not be an experience anyone goes through.
RouteFrankfurt to Johannesburg via Dubai