Emirates

Customer rating from 2042 reviews

"service on board was excellent"

Trip Verified | First time to travel after almost a year and half due to pandemic, was a little bit nervous but everything went smooth. Chauffeur service was punctual on time, Business class lounge at both DXB and CAI were spacious and clean, of course services has been adjusted due to pandemic. Check in was friendly and keeping social distancing, service on board was excellent, crew were always available and very friendly on both flights and always engaging. Luckily flight was half empty on outbound and almost empty on the return back to DXB. Traveling with my elderly mother during pandemic was made easy and smooth thanks to Emirates.
RouteDubai to Cairo
Date FlownApril 2021

"cooperated to change at no cost"

Trip Verified | Although I entered the aircraft with no expectations, I was enticed by Emirates' charming interiors and choice of color. The flight attendants are hard working folks and heeded to all requests. I changed my flight tickets 3 times due to the pandemic and Emirates always cooperated to change at no cost. The overall flying experience was a pleasure.
RouteToronto to Bengaluru via Dubai
Date FlownApril 2021

"Utterly discontented with the service and staff"

Not Verified | Extremely disappointed with the meals served. After paying a large amount and flying in business class, they tell me that they did not have any non veg food left. All they have is some vegetarian curry and the remaining food is over. It was unbelievable that a flight such as Emirates would give such poor treatment to its loyal customers. Please do not consider travelling by business class, it really doesn't make a difference. They will say they have No food to give and just to save their face, they brought me coffee and drinks from first class. Utterly discontented with the service and staff.
RouteKochi to Dubai
Date FlownApril 2021

"no availability to upgrade with points"

Trip Verified | Before purchasing the ticket i read that flexible tickets are upgradable with points. However having the ticket in hand, as a frequent flyer, I am told that there is no availability to upgrade with points; only a payable upgrade is offered. After contacting the airline, they confirm that only payable upgrades are available. With the current policy of Emirates there is no need to become a frequent flyer with Emirates as they offer nothing to a passenger who has enough points to upgrade.
RouteIslamabad to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2021

"There is no service left on this airline"

Not Verified | Flight turbulence, both ways, was terrible. The food was horribly over seasoned, the highlight being the champagne. All of that was still quite manageable. The flight back was the real fail. We picked this aircraft specifically for safety and spacing during COVID. They switched the flight the night before and left us in a bulkhead middle seat, surrounded by coughing strangers. They had an entirely empty first class section available, which they wouldn’t let us pay for or upgrade to for the flight. While speaking with customer service they were equally unhelpful. There is no service left on this airline, especially in a time where rebuilding travel and customer safety/comfort is so important. Avoid Emirates- the hype is not delivered upon!
RouteDubai to Houston
Date FlownMarch 2021

"all kinds of Covid infractions are happening"

Trip Verified | Emirates switched our airplane with absolutely no notice to any passengers. Entire business class cabin is furious as moved from 2-2-2 new seats airplane to old 2-3-2 configuration where families and couples have been split up and all kinds of Covid infractions are happening. Crew says this 'happens all the time and people are always mad'. Probably a dodgy cost save that puts people at risk. Far from the ritzy commercials you see this is a second rate business class experience at best. Try and book elsewhere.
RouteDubai to Chicago
Date FlownMarch 2021

"This is not a premium airline anymore"

Trip Verified | This is not a premium airline anymore. The days of Emirates being a premium airline are long gone. By now their planes are old, seats and Inflight entertainment systems are broken. On the way up to Dubai 2 out of three seats has sound only in 1 ear. And one seat could not stay in position. The touch screen did not work. On the way back 1 seat and 1 sound system did not work out of three. They charge heavily for wifi and they charge significantly for a seat in front. At a rate where other airlines offer premium economy, Emirates just let you sit a couple of seats in front. European and US carriers by now have closed the gap and surpassed Emirates offering better wifi, premium economy and more innovative entertainment systems (Delta lets you watch from your own iPad). KLM flies this route with brand new 787's. But where an airline should make the real difference, Emirates fails even harder. Service. They get stuck in organizational bureaucracy. Emirates call centre gave you the wrong information? Your problem. That issue cost 200 euros? Your problem. The manager says no. Can I speak to that manager? No. Self-service check-in doesn't work? Your problem. Go stand in another line of self-service machines. Still doesn't work? Your problem. Go stand in the back of the line at the classic check-in counter (after spending 30 mins waiting for machines that don't work)? Can't check you in before you do a covid fast test. Go to a very badly signed fast test area. Everybody there is already checked in? Being around the self check-in Machines gives you a true to life Ryanair experience, but Ryanair actually does a better job. People with issues all over. And this is covid times, with a lot less traffic. I wonder what happens when it becomes busier.
RouteAmsterdam to Dubai
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"This airline is a rip off"

Trip Verified | I had the worst experience. I paid for business class special, on the day of my departure as I was checking in my luggage, I was told my passport has a hold on for an unpaid fine, I needed to go see immigration. Having 1hr 25min left, immigration advised me it was a police hold, I was to leave the airport and go to the police station near palm Jamaeria, this meant I was missing my flight, that I just updated by paying 4K cnd on top of my original ticket extra. I arrive to the police station I was not told what the issue was for but that it was resolved i still do not know why My passport was on hold. I called the Emirates to book my new flight business flight that I paid extra for, this all happen on a Wednesday they had a flight leaving everyday to Toronto direct, but the only way I could get my business seat was if I updated it to a business flex, they would not honor this seat I paid for already, saying there is none available, They booked me in an economy class as I’m sitting on the plane right now with Extra business seats available I sit in economy. This airline is a rip off, they have the worst customer service, and all they care about is how to squeeze your money out of there customer, I recommend if you plan to take business class, don’t cancel that flight because your new flight will not be business, you will half to upgrade the seat you already paid for or go first class, be prepared to pay more money. I’m sitting in Economy, when I already for my business class seat.
RouteDubai to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"very disappointed with Emirates"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | Emirates lost our bag and refuse to be held liable. 7 weeks ago me and my husband boarded a direct flight from Cairo to Dubai and our bag didn't arrive that had most of our essential and valuable items, we were staying for a month. We filed a report at the airport before leaving and we were told that someone will get back to us and that we should check the bag status with a reference number. We contacted them over 20 times through phone calls/emails requesting at least a deadline to know that our luggage is officially lost so we can re-purchase the lost items. On every occasion they promised that someone would get back to us directly, of course no one ever did! Thinking emails might work but we only got vague replies stating that its still under tracing and asked us to fill a form with the value of all items in our bag and someone will get back to us with either our luggage or to compensate us, but that never happened. 49 DAYS LATER, we finally decided to file an official complaint on their website to which they responded that our bag arrived Dubai airport. Hence, they don't accept liability for it getting lost. I am very disappointed with Emirates.
RouteCairo to Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2020

"It was a scary flight under the pandemic"

Trip Verified | It was a scary flight under the pandemic, flight attendants couldn't keep control of certain passengers that kept taking off their masks. Also, we had an incident where a flight attendant was blocking seats for another passenger and would not let us sit in the last row of economy to allow a young lady sleep the long 17 hour flight, and my wife was asked to change seats also to accommodate another young lady. It was reported to the supervisor and head of stewardess, it was not a good experience. Deplaning was disorderly, I have experienced how carriers do disembarking by rows and requesting passengers not to get up until their row is called, in this flight everyone was just pushing to get out, like there was no pandemic. Reported to Emirate, but it seems they did not take the complaint seriously.
RouteDubai to Houston