Emirates

Customer rating from 2075 reviews

"such bad attitude and service"

Not Verified | We booked as a family our annual leave to our home country on 1st July, and they provided A380 where it was fully booked the boarding process took them long time leaving passengers in the middle of nowhere even families with small kids like our family we were suffering without any help from anyone of the airline. During airport procedures I was injured with a small finger cut so once we are in the air after switching off seat belts sign I pinched the attendant button, and for 40 min no one came, to the limit I went to attendants place to request band aid. I have a boy and a girl where one got served with kids food and the other not for 30 min till I stood up again and requested for the food, and the answer I was provided that “sorry the oven is broke”. I had to take the same airline traveling back to Dubai for some work and I hoped to have a different experience, once I approached the check in counter I was informed that the flight is delayed with 105 min, and the flight took off Delayed more with 150 min. I wrote to customer service to compensate such loss who took them 2 days to reply my complain explaining how they are aiming for best customer service and trying to be number 1 and by the end they told me nothing and no compensation. I still have 2 flights already booked with them and really this will be the last time I will think flying with such bad attitude and service.
RouteDubai to Cairo
Date FlownAugust 2021

"I had a horrible experience"

Trip Verified | I've been flying Qatar airways all the times and this is the first time I use Emirates. I had a horrible experience. The food is really bad and the service is terrible. The staff are not helpful at all. Many seats are empty but they don't allow anyone to use them. They kept them empty the entire flight which was 16 hours. I will never use Emirates again.
RouteBeirut to Dallas via Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2021

"my last trip by Emirates"

Not Verified | We had 3 hours delay in Los Angeles and when we arrived in Dubai our next flight were gone so we had to have 14 hours transit time in Dubai, but because we are green card holders the air line didn't send us to any hotel out side the airport and even they didn't send us to any hotel in the airport which was really unacceptable! Although they even didn't have any regret for such happening. That was my last trip by Emirates.
RouteLos Angeles to Tehran via Dubai
Date FlownAugust 2021

"approved child seat was not allowed"

Trip Verified | Cabin crew were amazing, the flight from ORD to Dubai was great, the airplane was spotless, food was average, or below average but the economy seats and entertainment were above average. The flight from Dubai to Cairo was almost at equal standing, bathrooms were dirty most of the time though, the main problem that will prohibit me from recommending this airline to anyone is the experiences that I had with their ground crews in Chicago and in Dubai. Counter check-in and package drop off process overall with Emirates were the least efficient out there between the other lines that were checking in at the same time, needless to say that I spent almost 45-60 mins to finalize this step while the whole infamous TSA passport control process took less than 15 mins from start to finish on that busy day. When I finally made it to the check-in counter and I presented my Emirates compliant (not country-specific, Emirates ask for more than that) PCR test, they questioned whether or not I meet the time requirement simply because they compared the sample collection date and time in (CST) with the final destination departure time which was in Dubai local time without accounting for the time difference, after explaining that she took the test and disappeared for 10 mins before returning with the stamp of approval. Right after that she printed our 3 boarding passes for the trip to Dubai and beyond and asked to place our two carry-ons and two backpacks containing our personal items (our laptops, tablets, snacks, medicine, toys, and a change of cloth for our 4-year-old toddler) she stated that they will all be treated as carry-ons and that we were only allowed to bring two of them on board, and that if we don’t we will need to pay $200.00 in extra fees, or we can take our backpacks and check-in our carry-ons, she explained that this carry-ons restriction were a company policy imposed due to Covid, what does Covid has to do with the carry-ons and personal items allowance policy? I never had this experience ever with any other airline including my previous flights thru Emirates & Etihad, no one ever considered my laptop carrying bag as a carryon it was always listed as a personal item which I was allowed to bring on board to stow underneath my seat, I was in a state of shock and I told her that those carry-ons contained items with rechargeable batteries but that didn’t seem to sway her mind, I was in no position to argue at that point and took as much as I could from those rechargeable items form those carry-ons stuffing it into our backpacks just to follow my own safety protocols, on flight I saw many passengers boarding the airplane with their carry-ons and backpacks, and I highly doubt that they paid the $200 they wanted us to pay at the counter! Finally, the point where I completely snapped asking to see the supervisor on-site is when she-alongside another colleague of hers stated that my toddler' aviation approved child seat was not allowed inside the cabin and then they tried to charge me for an extra fourth seat claiming that to bring this on-board I’ll have to pay for an extra seat! I was like my child is 4 years old, we paid for his seat ticket of which we will place this child's seat! nothing changed their mind until the supervisor came, and I told her that we have three tickets for all 3 passengers, and she agreed with our point of view. Filed a complaint with their customer service to get a generic response.
RouteChicago to Cairo via Dubai

"a very pleasant flight"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | I have been traveling with Emirates for over a decade and I would like to drop you my comments on my last flight from Dubai to Milan. Really it was a very pleasant flight, very good cabin crew- really professional, attentive and made the flight very comfortable.
AircraftBoeing 777 300 ER
RouteDubai to Milan
Date FlownJuly 2021

"the food was not tasty at all, it was very cold"

Trip Verified | First of all, on the return flight, the staff delayed opening the gate, then I found my confirmed seat was busy with another passenger, so they were changing my seat without talking to another passenger. Second, I asked for water 3-4 times, then they provided me with a cup of water, not a bottle of water. (It's strange to have this in corona time). Third: the food was not tasty at all, it was very cold. Fourth, they announce that the internet is free to use, but in reality, it needs the passenger to pay money to have it. (And hosts not supported any passenger to get free internet). Fifth, they start collecting the headset 20 minutes before the flight ending so you couldn't keep watching the movie. Sixth, There was a shortage of covers and they were not available on the plane.
RouteDubai to Amman
Date FlownJuly 2021

"customer service is absolutely atrocious"

Not Verified | Their customer service is absolutely atrocious. Their website is not updated and they do not take responsibility for lacking to keep the passengers up to date with Covid travel requirements. I booked my flight two months in advance and checked the Emirates website daily in preparation for it. I am fully vaccinated but still needed a negative covid result, no problem, I got it done. When I got to the airport they said the covid result needs to be stamped. Turns out, all labs in the USA are FDA regulated and do not stamp their results for authorization. The only place that does so is inside the airport, by appointment and costs $175. I learned all of this as I was checking in for my flight. So there is obviously no time to make it and I had to miss my flight. Normally, airlines take responsibility for this and accommodate the passenger by rebooking them free of charge. Not Emirates, their reservations/customer service first said that the next flight is 11 days out, and then gave me no choice but to pay another $2000 to book a seat. I've never experienced anything like this with any airline. They are usually accommodating and not money hungry.
RouteOrlando to Cairo via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Please provide what you promise, Emirates"

Trip Verified | I am writing this review for my dad who flew Economy from Toronto to Dubai last Saturday. He booked Emirates hoping that they provide what they promise during this pandemic (safe flights, hygienic, booking half the flight's capacity, etc) but my dad had a horrible experience. The flight was fully booked which was quite bothersome at a time when everyone around the world are practising social distancing, the faucets in both the lavatories in his proximity were overflowing and I was told that the crew had been wearing the same masks throughout the 13-14 hour flight. This is an epitome of how Emirates treats its non-premium class as the "cattle-class" and that basic hygiene and comfort don't really matter for those who decide to fly at a lower rate. Really ashamed at Emirates for the inequality that they show. During these unprecedented times, they must take into account the passenger's health and safety rather than looking at profits. Please provide what you promise, Emirates. Your advertisements with the cabins being sanitized and having fully vaccinated crew (who knows?) really are just for attraction, aren't they? Do what you preach to begin with.
RouteToronto to Dubai
Date FlownJune 2021

"experience of flying Emirates was awful"

Not Verified | San Francisco to Delhi via Dubai. Boarding from San Francisco was easy , only restriction to have weight of carry on needs to exact 8 kg or less than 8 kg. Our carry on bag was scaled for weight and allowed in to fly from SFO. We landed in Dubai and checked in again to start boarding. We were stopped to measure the carry on bag weight. The staff in Dubai was extreme rude , ill-mannered and disrespectful to deny the fact that the same carry on bag was allowed from origination point. Dubai staff did not allow the carry on bag with same weight. We were forced to take out almonds bag of 2 lbs and trash it which were carrying for my parents in Dubai. Our experience of flying Emirates was awful. Ba careful while flying with Emirates , they have different standards for passengers in USA and Dubai.
RouteSan Francisco to Delhi via Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2020

"very rude and unsupportive"

Trip Verified | Their customer service lady was rude and once I ask her to slow down to help me walk through and understand my itinerary, she got mad and told me to contact the travel agent. I simply asked to transfer the call to someone up the chain so that I can ask my question but she refused. I would not recommend travel with this airline and waste your money. Please stay away from them as their customer service folks are very rude and unsupportive.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER