Emirates

Customer rating from 2023 reviews

"would not refund over half my fare"

Not Verified | Brisbane to Dublin via Dubai. I was supposed to fly in May 2020. As is safe and expected our flights were canceled. What was not expected was that they would not refund over half my fare. More understandable if I was the one to cancel.
RouteBrisbane to Dublin via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"7 day policy for making claims"

Trip Verified | London to Cochi via Dubai in early February. When travelling by Emirates it is advisable to ensure that your luggage is secure and that you do not use back packs, duffel bags or any other type of bag whereby a zip can be seperated to allow baggage handlers access to your luggage. Emirates apply a 7 day policy for making claims for stolen items, and are not prepared to consider any reasonable evidence if you are not able to make a claim within those 7 days. When raising a complaint with Emirates, customer service is appalling and respond via email with a 'no reply' email address. Business class was very comfortable and the 'add ons' including lounge and chauffeur service made the journey a lot more comfortable. Not sure if it was really worth the money though. Unfortunately, the customer service when making complaints was appalling and the response I received was from a 'no reply' email address.
AircraftBoeing 777 -300 / A380
RouteLondon to Cochi via Dubai
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"No money refund, only voucher"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Saint-Petersburg to Denpasar via Dubai. Got information my flight home is canceled on 6th of April, rebooked it for 29th of March from another city and it was also canceled on the next day. No money refund, only voucher.
AircraftB777
RouteSaint-Petersburg to Denpasar via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"no e-mail from Cheaptickets"

Trip Verified | Zürich to Bangkok via Dubai on Sunday 22nd March. As we arrived at the airport they told us on the baggage check in that my stepson's flight was cancelled, even as we checked in online already! There was no info before, no e-mail from Cheaptickets that we booked through. And when trying to call before several times if everything is OK due to the special conditions there was nobody available. There was no options or suggestions or help from the ground personnel from Emirates on the Airport. We had to book by ourselves again with Oman Air which cost us 700chf.
RouteZürich to Bangkok via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I was expecting full refund"

Not Verified | Sydney to Sofia via Dubai. I booked ticket. My flight was cancelled from the company. When I asked for full refund as my ticked was not nonrefundable and I was expecting full refund they told me, no matter what, they will charge me cancellation fee. That is twisting people's hands. Terrible service, their representatives ask me to call them but it is impossible, the phone number doesnt work. How you dare to charge cancelation fee when you cancel the flight. You are not able to provide service and even do not know when this will happen , but offer a voucher as a credit note.
RouteSydney to Sofia via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"can charge cancellation fees"

Not Verified | Chennai to Newark via Dubai. Due to COVID 19, they have cancelled one part of itinerary and leave remaining so passengers can call and cancel the ticket and they can charge cancellation fees. I postponed the ticket once with extra money and now again they cancelled one part of itinerary and asked to cancel for huge cancellation fees saying the government cancelled and not airline so they charge. Really? This is how emirates value the customers? Please do not encourage these airline when they don't value the customers at all. I will never travel in emirates. Thanks to you emirates.
RouteChennai to Newark via Dubai

"Thank you Emirates!"

Trip Verified | Wonderful service! With 15 minutes to go before closing at 5pm, the Saigon office of Emirates changed our flight from Bangkok 11 days later to Ho Chi Minh to Newcastle the next day and only charged us the difference- £160. We got home via Dubai just before our hotel announced it's closure and our flight from Siem Reap to Bangkok was cancelled. Thank you Emirates!
AircraftBoing 777-300
RouteHo Chi Minh to Newcastle via Dubai

"Thank you Emirates"

Not Verified | I travelled Emirates last minute for a family emergency. The ground staff knew I was upset and blocked the seats in my row for both flights to Madrid, the A380 is fabulous. With Covid19 going on, they did their upmost to get my sister and I both home. They changed our flights multiple times over the course of 3 days as we were struggling to get out of Spain including departure countries. I can say that they were awesome and they now have a loyal customer for life. Thank you Emirates.
AircraftA380 and 777
RouteBrisbane to Madrid via Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"trying for 5 days straight"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Moscow via Dubai. I have booked my flights over 6 months in advance, way before there's been such thing as COVID-19. At the moment, my country closed borders, the destination country closed borders and Emirates where we have a few days stopover no longer issues visas on arrival. Yet there is no refund (it seems like same conditions apply, which means I'll lose half of what I paid) and I couldn't get through to customer support after trying for 5 days straight.
RouteSydney to Moscow via Dubai

"Never again Emirates!"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Frankfurt via Dubai. First our flight to Dubai was postponed by 5, then 16 before departure in Saigon the transit flight from Dubai to Frankfurt was completely canceled for economic reasons. The passengers can now see for themselves how they will get on. Never again Emirates! Zuerst wurde unser Flug nach Dubai um 5 verschoben, dann 16 vor Abflug in Saigon der Transitflug von Dubai nach Frankfurt komplett auch ökonomischen Gründen gestrichen. Die Passagiere können jetzt selbst sehen wie sie weiter kommen. Nie wieder Emirates!
RouteHo Chi Minh to Frankfurt via Dubai