Emirates

"Terrible and rude staff"

Trip Verified | Terrible and rude staff, many of the staff were untrained and the trained staff were trained only to be rude and cut throat. Don’t believe the Emirates hype, this airline sucks.
RouteWashington to Dubai
Date FlownJune 2022

"had the best flight experience"

Trip Verified | I had the best flight experience, I flew DXB-SFO and return from IAD-DXB both flight were with the A380 with luxury semi suite in business class which convert to full flat bed. On both directions flights left on time and landed earl. Catering on board is 5 star standard and the best of the experience is the crew who were very attentive, always available and helping the passengers. Check in was smooth, boarding and disembarking a breeze and luggage were brought to belt so fast. I would like to thank the crew of EK225 on 20 May specially Ubaid and Christine and on my return EK232 on 17 June Danielle and the manager Rabih.
RouteWashington to Dubai
Date FlownJune 2022

"carrying out a savage cost cutting program"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | It was quickly apparent that Emirates were carrying out a savage cost cutting program. The Seating was impossibly cramped such that the first three days of my stay in the UK were spent in Warwick Hospital with a DVT. Food on the Plane was scarce and inedible, and drinks even scarcer. The Attendants did their best but were clearly hamstrung. It seems a very short sighted unimaginative approach will destroy a once admired Airline.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Birmingham UK via Dubai
Date FlownJune 2022

"I was extremely disappointed"

Trip Verified | We were not well taken care of by the flight crew that departed from Dubai to São Paulo. Some of the attendants were rude. They spoke ill of the Brazilians who were on the flight. I was seated next to the crew cabin and I understood very well in English what they were talking about. I was extremely disappointed in the staff and company for management. Among other things more that left a lot to be desired. I have flights back to Sydney scheduled, but I don't know if I should cancel and return on another airline. Não fomos bem atendidos pela tripulação do voo que partiu de Dubai para São Paulo. Alguns dos atendentes foram grosseiros, rudes. Falaram mal dos brasileiros que estavam no voo. Eu estava sentado ao lado da cabine da tripulação e entendi muito bem em inglês o que eles estavam falando. Fiquei extremamente decepcionado com a equipe e empresa para a gestão. Entre outras coisas mais que ficou muito a desejar. Tenho voos de volta para Sydney programados, mas não sei se devo cancelar e retornar em outra companhia aérea.
RouteSao Paulo to Sydney via Dubai
Date FlownMay 2022

"the worst business class experience"

Trip Verified | At Algiers airport, the lounge is lifeless. In the plane, the power receptacle is broken on my seat but luckily no one was sitting next to me to use his. The live TV did not work and the images are distorted. The live TV displays a few frames then freezes for a minute or so before displaying more frames. I was trying to watch the football game between ManU and Chelsea. The food (we were fasting) they left by your seat and then it took another 15 minutes to bring nuts and drinks after Maghrib. I just wanted soup for Iftar. In addition, when I was asked to choose my entree, it was not available. The seat I had 11A was very noisy. Usually they distribute pouches with socks, toothbrush and toothpaste and a blind mask in addition to ear plugs which would have been helpful. After all this is business class. The only bright thing in this upgrade is that the hostesses were brilliant and even tolerated my displeasure with these inconveniences in a nice way. In any case, this is the worst business class experience flying Emirates ever. Most likely it will be my last at least on this route. This is their reply: Dear Mr Boutrid, Thank you for your correspondence of 31 May 2022 regarding Emirates flight EK 758 from Algiers to Dubai on 28 April. I am concerned to learn of your disappointment with the lounge at Algiers airport. This lounge is operated by a service provider. Regrettably, not all lounge operators have the selection of food and beverages or ambience that we offer in our Emirates Lounges. However, your feedback is noted and has been shared with the relevant team for their information. Through emirates.com we do advise customers that for technical reasons we are unable to provide Wi-Fi, mobile phone, mobile data and live television services on every flight, or guarantee a continuous service. Emirates' liability is therefore limited. However, I acknowledge that this added to your disappointment. With regard to your request for the mixed grill, we always aim to match the quantity of choices with the predicted passenger preferences. While we do our utmost to meet all passenger requests, sometimes there may be shortages of a particular meal choice due to previous passenger selection. Shortages of a particular meal are continuously monitored in order to adjust ratios accordingly for future flights. It is my understanding that got your first choice of starter (potato soup), your preferred dessert, the chocolate caramel tarte, and opted for the beef meal instead. On another note, Business Class kit bags are offered on flights over 3 hours 30 minutes that depart between the hours of 22:00 to 05:00 and on all flights over 9 hours regardless of the departure time. However, certain toiletry items are available in the lavatories for the comfort of our passengers and may also be requested from our cabin crew. I regret that you did not enjoy our product offering as much as we would have liked.
RouteDubai to Algiers
Date FlownApril 2022

"antagonistic experience in both journeys"

Trip Verified | It was a round trip with Emirates from Delhi to Dubai and antagonistic experience in both journeys. Ground staff at Dubai was very rude and unhelpful whereas in India the check in was way easier despite of huge rush. We were stuck and struggling for self check in (which we were guided again and again by the limited staff available) and finally after half an hour when our check in baggage got stuck on the belt and we again have to helplessly ask for help for which the lady at the counter replied us to wait for 2-3 minutes. After 10 minutes when nobody turned up my husband reminded the same lady at the counter that we need help to which she replied I am on some other report and we should proceed towards manual counter. We were shocked! My husband reminded her that our baggage is stuck to which she responded with irritation and called some technical staff to provide our baggage. Then we proceeded towards manual counter where again with technical glitches our check in was done in half an hour when all our documents were properly in place. In short more than an hour to check in at Dubai airport with Emirates without rush whereas in India within an hour we were done with check in, security and immigration! My suggestion to the passengers travelling from Emirates please don't expect soft spoken and helpful staff specially at Dubai airport and have spare time in hand to bear with the glitches.
RouteDubai to Delhi
Date FlownJune 2022

"expenses again and again"

Trip Verified | There was no email communication or phone call until this email response about my lost baggage from 21 May flight (EK 0071). Even the Emirates bag tracker website I was told to check has no record the bag arrived. Once I figured out about my bag, and Paris Airport staff said your bag is still in Sydney. Rubbish, expenses again and again, after 1 week the Paris Emirates staff email me: Sir your bag is here in Paris. I was not in Paris already. I was in Amsterdam. I collected my bag prior my home flight from Paris to Sydney EK 074 - 4 June 2022.
RouteSydney to Paris via Dubai
Date FlownJune 2022

"offerings from Emirates fall severely short"

Not Verified | Having upgraded to Premium Economy on arrival at the airport there was no designated check-in. No Priority boarding, No pre fight drinks offered, no enhanced meal service, no separation of section resulting in long queues for the bathroom from others in Economy. On arrival into UK no priority baggage collection. As a frequent traveller of this service with other airlines the offerings from Emirates fall severely short. Its a shame as the seat was comfortable and if all the missing elements were there would convert me to continue to use Emirates airlines for all my travelling requirements. I hope that these offerings will be addressed in the very near future as I felt a little cheated by paying for the upgrade with no real enhancement of service apart from a seat!
RouteDubai to London Heathrow
Date FlownJune 2022

"The worst, simply the worst"

Trip Verified | The worst, simply the worst. Flight attendants do not provide any service at all. Their info online contradicts what employees in airport are implementing. Headphones have an old plug so nothing fits but cheapest given. No human approach, no compassion, no apologies. Just everyone feels you owe them not the opposite. Bumped me with the child to next day regardless of the info online, them stick me in the last row seat since I "gave them trouble", plus I did not have any time to purchase new seats for the next flight. Connection was 5 hrs when tickets were initially purchased, at the flight time became 17 hrs layover. Cheapest in everything.
RouteHouston to Tbilisi via Dubai
Date FlownMay 2022

"business class is the only product that worth the premium price for EK"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | MXP-JFK-MXP in F. I found a solid product and comfort on board but service from the staff was just OK. There is a lack of personal touch throughout the whole flight experience from check-in procedure that was very cold both ways to the inflight mode. I always felt like an economy class pax on the ground both at check-in and in the lounge both in Italy & USA. Far different from what you feel flying QR in business for instance. Return flight on A6-EEA was disappointing because the aircraft was showing his age: my suite was completely worn out, sliding doors broken. EK should pay attention to this details and make sure everything is renewed especially in premium cabins where there is too much difference between aircraft to aircraft for A380's in their fleet. The food was very good quality in both legs. JFK-MXP flight was below average because of the service that was either too slow for the main meal or too rushed during breakfast. Shower SPA: both ways good experience the bathroom is huge with plenty of amenities and this is the real plus rather than the shower itself. Overall I think business class is the only product that worth the premium price for EK.
AircraftA380-800