Emirates

Customer rating from 2086 reviews

"they did not do much to help"

Trip Verified | Our flight from Amsterdam to Dubai was delayed and we missed our second flight because of that. In the airport, they offered us a new ticket and we had to stay in the airport overnight. The airport was not suitable for a family stay, and we could not use the lounge with a economy ticket. The airport staff were rude and they did not do much to help. They gave us vouchers for dinner, but the restaurant that we went (Gallery) gave us the lowest quality of food with that voucher. Will never make a mistake like this again. The only positive thing was the little gift for my kid in the plane.
RouteAmsterdam to Tehran via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"It was a horrendous experience"

Trip Verified | I flew Emirates on Dec 14, 2021 from Houston to Dubai with a family of six. It was a horrendous experience for me and my family. The seats were extremely uncomfortable with no space to recline or move. The food was bad, tasteless. I will never fly emirates and i will advise you to do the same.
RouteHouston to Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2021

"I will not fly with Emirates again"

Not Verified | I will not fly with Emirates again. My return flight was cancelled from Nairobi to USA via Dubai, due to rising covid cases. In all fairness the African Continent including Kenya has the lowest covid deaths in the world. To add insult to injury, I was only refunded 1/4 of the value of my return flight back to the USA. I had to rebook a one way ticket with another flight that cost me a fortune. I would not recommend anyone to use Emirates.
RouteNairobi to Washington via Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2021

"packed liked sardines despite Covid"

Trip Verified | Have flown all sections in business except rerun sector Dubai to Melbourne. Was on wait for upgrade found Dubai staff sell a passenger additional points and upgrade him even though I was waiting for points upgrade. Dubai staff are not the best and don’t seem to care Form now on will never recommend Emirates. Economy is packed liked sardines despite Covid. I would not trust their advertising.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 777
RouteLondon to Melbourne via Dubai
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"poor experience from start to finish"

Trip Verified | This was a poor experience from start to finish. Arrived at the airport to find there was a four-hour delay to the flight. Emirates, however, did not check in bags so no one could go through security or otherwise move to an area with seats available (there were about 30 seats in the area for 200+ passengers). There was very little communication about what problem, if any, caused the delay. Ultimately, Emirates did begin check-in and then began a shuffle of repeated delays until, about seven hours later, Emirates cancelled the flight. Very little communication. "Maybe there will be a flight tomorrow." Called Emirates and no answer. Tried online chat without success. Ultimately turned to twitter to get rebooked (had onward flight). This in turn led to the agent trying to charge me an additional several thousand dollars because of fare differential between flying days. I pushed back hard on that, but got the sense Emirates simply sought to profit. Agent tried to put me on a flight in which I would miss my connection to a city served only once every five days by air. Emirates, unlike other airlines, won't book passengers on cancelled flights onto other airlines. Ultimately, Emirates added an additional flight the following day. Told us to get to airport four hours before, but then wouldn't check-in rebooked flight until two hours before so the two flights wouldn't get confused (why then have us in area with no seats and tell us to just stand there for several hours?). Onboard, seats were cramped. My child got a "kids meal" she didn't ask for which consisted of one burnt chicken nugget! Service was lackluster. I've flown more than two million miles on other airlines; Emirates was down near the bottom. Seems they are seeking to coast on their reputation but are no longer willing to do the bare minimum.
RouteWashington to Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2021

"getting my luggage was a nightmare!"

Trip Verified | Overall the experience was good while on the plane. However getting my luggage was a nightmare! I as well as almost all of the passengers had to wait for over one hour staring at the carousel for our luggage to come out. We landed on time and going through customs was very fast. Arrival was at about 9 pm, I was done with customs by 9:20 pm, BUT I had to wait at carousel 1 from 9:20 pm until 10:45 to get my luggage. Although Emirates may say that they're not responsible for what happens outside the airline, the passenger is charged a fee for going through Newark Airport, and therefore the airline is also responsible. One other issue which may seem unimportant, but it actually is very important: The entertainment is extremely difficult to use as I when I played a movie a radio station presenter came on with advertisements. Despite trying several times, I could not get it to go to movie sound mode. Ground service I place a one star as I said earlier, Emirates is also responsible for the huge delay of not only my, but almost all of the passenger's luggage.
RouteAthens to Newark
Date FlownDecember 2021

"thank you to all the ground team at Manchester"

Trip Verified | After a nightmare of a start to our family, due to the COVID centre doing the incorrect test (after we asked them) - Emirates came to the rescue! Farad who helped us get in the next flight out at no extra charge and prioritised our boarding. I was so impressed with the service after being super stressed along with the rest of the family. So a big thank you to all the ground team at Manchester.
RouteManchester to Dubia
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Impossible to reach the customer service"

Trip Verified | Impossible to reach the customer service: the only phone line in Australia is always busy: no waiting, no call you later option, simply busy line. Gave up after trying calling 10 times and had to cancel my tickets.
RouteTel Aviv to Sydney
Date FlownDecember 2021

"issued airline credit which also expires"

Trip Verified | I have booked a flight on Emirates and it clearly stated refundable / cancelable. due to covid cases and lockdowns I had to cancel the flight but unfortunately they did not refund me but instead issued airline credit which also expires. As I live in the UK I would only be traveling via Emirates if there is a stop over in UAE which is not the case. I contacted Emirates and they said sorry but this is the rule knowing it was clearly stated otherwise. I am really disappointed as I know Emirates is a big airline and other smaller airlines have refunded me for similar cases during this period. simply unacceptable
RouteDubai to Amman

"terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | I booked a return flight from Manchester to Kolkata and back with Emirates. On the way to Kolkata I missed the connecting flight and used a different flight to reach Kolkata. While at Kolkata, I tried to contact Emirates customer service. The Emirates office in Kolkata has been closed for a long time because of Covid so the only way to contact them was through phone. I have regularly called Emirates contact number and waited for hours to speak to an advisor. When I could not get through over the phone. I emailed Emirates twice. Although emails were acknowledged but never got any response back. On 5th December, I turned up at the airport for my return flight but I was refused boarding the return flight. Emirates customer service said that my flight was cancelled because I missed connecting flights. Emirates did not make any efforts to contact me or refund my booking. I went through lots of stress just because of Emirates terrible customer service.
RouteManchester to Kolkata via Dubai