Edelweiss Air

"food is absolutely awful and totally sub-standard for business class"

Trip Verified | Apart from the lie flat bed this is basically Premium Economy. The food is absolutely awful and totally sub-standard for business class. This is one of the main reasons I say it is more premium economy. The tray is not at all business class, small and cramped. The plates not at all up to standard. My main was a sausage! Can you believe this? The accompaniment of hash browns were soggy because chef in his wisdom had them up against cabbage...which of course is wet. So a main of a sausage, wet hash browns and cabbage. I didn't eat this mess. Disgraceful. My wife's salmon was swimming in oil and inedible. The dessert might have been acceptable but it was tiny...hardly a full spoonful. The drinks selection is basic. A two type wine selection for Red and white....no quality spirits...no dessert wine. No cheese board for after. The IFE is dated with a very small selection. The only thing that was good were the cabin crew. Excellent and I could see they were embarrassed regarding the food. No. This was beyond disappointing. We were totally surprised at their "business" class. We would not fly this airline again.
AircraftA340-300
RouteZurich to Mauritius
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"experiences were very pleasant"

Trip Verified | This was my second long-haul flight with Edelweiss. Both experiences were very pleasant. I paid $85 extra for the exit row window seat, and this would normally be a wise investment. In fact, the load factor on this flight was so low that whole rows of 4 seats were open and available for sleeping. The two meals were tasty and adequate. The flight attendants were cheerful and efficient. I enjoyed the inflight entertainment which had clear screens and a wide selection for viewing and/or listening. To be honest, if the flight had been crowded, the tight seat pitch would have made the trip considerably less comfortable. I look forward to my next flight with Edelweiss.
RouteZurich to Tampa
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Customer service is non-existing"

Trip Verified | How do you evaluate a medium-haul flight in economy? Overall they are pretty much all the same, until something goes wrong, and that's when you can really have a feeling of the level of the airline. Long queue for check-in in La Palma, could be improved but not too bad. 45 minutes delay at departure due to strong head-wind from coming flight (nice way of saying we wanted to save some fuel), but the captain was confident that with tail-wind we will arrive on time. Too bad he missed his first attempt of landing, and didn't have time to land before airport closure at 11pm. We landed 40 minutes later, 250km away from what was supposed to be our final destination. FA didn't say much and kept saying that we will know more once on ground. That was a LIE!! 0 out of 10 in terms of taking responsibilities. At baggage claim there is no personnel from the airline, just a poor staff from the airport trying to do whatever she can. And the message was clear : you're on your own. It's 1am, you're 250km away from where you were supposed to land, and there won't be any help from the airline to get you to your final destination. Meanwhile, we finally get an email from the airline : "We ask you to make your own arrangements for a hotel and transportation to your final destination." Followed by a couple of restrictions on budget. What a joke!! Customer service is non-existing, this airline is a shame for Star Alliance. It's going to be a while before you see me again on a Swiss flight.
RouteLa Palma to Zurich
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Very disappointing lack of service care"

Not Verified | Were not flown to our booked destination and I incurred out of pocket expenses in order to arrive at my booked destination. Customer after care when I wrote to the airline requesting reimbursement has been non existent. Not even a courtesy of we will review it. Very disappointing lack of service care.
RouteZurich to Santa Cruz de la Palma
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"A surprisingly great flight"

Trip Verified | A surprisingly great flight thanks to the cheerful and friendly crew, free food and beverages and comfortable seats. They're slimline seats but with thick padding and have ample legroom. There's an in-flight entertainment system via wifi which works well. The captain kept us well informed during the flight and we arrived in time at Dubrovnik.
RouteZurich to Dubrovnik
Date FlownJune 2022

"most pleasant long haul economy flight"

Trip Verified | This was one of the most pleasant long haul economy flights I have ever taken. I was in the window seat of the emergency exit (seat 29A). The seat is somewhat narrow, but it has unlimited leg room. The onboard service was cheerful and efficient. We were served two good meals, and the for-purchase beverages were reasonably priced. I was impressed with how hard the crew worked. I saw attendants regularly cleaning the rest rooms, and they responded instantly if someone rang the call button. The entertainment screens were bright and easy to operate, and there was a fine selection of movies, games, and TV shows. We were delayed an hour and a half out of Zurich, but there were regular updates. The negative aspect of this experience is customer service. They invite passengers to bid on upgrades to premium economy or business class, but the web site will only accept bids if your ticket was booked directly on the Edelweiss website. They have a customer service telephone number that only allows local calls. Any attempt to reach them from abroad for simple assistance in selecting seats in economy is met with an instantly dropped call.
RouteZurich to Tampa
Date FlownMay 2022

"FA were extremely courteous"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Zurich to Las Palmas. Edelweiss is still performing a very good service in business class. The meal in business is somewhat reduced as before covid - no more cheese. Ample choice of drinks including Champagne and some Swiss wines. FA were extremely courteous. The flights to Canary islands were never pleasant - longer flights usually in smaller planes (so no wide-body planes ) however Edelweiss is one of the best choices to reach those destinations.
RouteZurich to Las Palmas
Date FlownMarch 2022

"understanding and kindness to older people apparently is not part of their policy"

Trip Verified | My parents, both 90 years old, with a business class reservation were removed from their seats before departure because my mother apparently was not wearing her mask correctly. She was reminded a few times, she is hard of hearing at 90!, and then they were both removed from the plane. I understand airline policies about mask mandates, but minimal understanding and kindness to older people apparently is not part of Swiss/Edelweiss policy. I myself have had already my share of bad experience with Swiss, after a flight was cancelled (during covid, I have no problem with that) but Swiss rebooked me for the day before my scheduled departure and no email nor telephone notification. In addition, when I bought a new flight and purchased a seat, with printed confirmation from Swiss, at check-in they announced I was not on the flight list and they argued with me for 2 hours at check-in before they finally let me run to the gate. Oh yes, they did acknowledge that they see my seat reservation, but I was not listed as a passenger. I personally will never book with Swiss again.
RouteTenerife Sud to Zurich
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Comfortable and pleasant journey"

Not Verified | We left Zurich 10 minutes late, which is acceptable but can always be improved. Comfortable and pleasant journey. Even the return, apart from some problems by plane, aieport, many people without arrogant business class passed in front and the flight staff made them pass without problems. Even if my bags were with the priority mark, they arrived last, there may have been a problem with the load. Good company and kindness of the hostesses. Siamo partiti da Zurigo con 10 min di ritardo, il che è accettabile ma si può sempre migliorare. Viaggio comodo e gradevole. Anche il ritorno a parte qualche problema in aereo porto , tante persone senza business class molto arroganti passavano davanti e il personale do volo li ha fatti passare senza problemi. Anche se le mie valige erano con il contrassegno priority sono arrivate per ultime c’è forse stato un problema al carico. Buona compagnia e gentilezza delle hostess.
RouteZurich to Catania
Date FlownSeptember 2021

Edelweiss Air customer review

Trip Verified | A real vacation plane: old seating, crew in quality and training not to be compared with a regular 4 Star Airline. Boarding: pure chaos. Despite Covid-19, the business passengers were boarded first and the economy passengers were then crowded in the aisle. Seat: uncomfortable, old. Little inclination. Food: good, at least on one flight. Plane: despite departure point Zurich, the plane was dirty! On the return flight, the table was still dirty (Covid? Hygiene?). Business class & plane: A320 with economy seats. Seat pitch miserable. Seat comfort miserable. Entertainment: Old movies - only viewable on devices you brought yourself. An A320 for 5.5 hours with economy seating in business class - an insult! Conclusion: cheap product at a high price. Never again Edelweiss!
RouteZurich to Hurghada