Edelweiss Air

"airline was absolutely excellent"

Trip Verified | I had originally booked this flight from Zurich to Ho Chi Minh City with Swiss Air. Then I found out it was operated with Edelweiss Air. I’m so glad they did. The airline was absolutely excellent. The service on there was first class even in economy you were treated and cared for like you were the only passengers on the flight. I can’t praise the cabin crew enough for how friendly they were, how generally interested in us and couldn’t do enough for us. Food without a doubt the best I’ve ever had on an airline. A cheese and meat platter for breakfast was a total wow factor. All meals very tasty. Legroom perfect. Only downside the movies weren’t great. But by no means does that dampen my incredible experience on this airline.
AircraftA340-300
RouteZurich to Ho Chi Minh City

"Service was superb!"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Ho Chi Minh City. Seated row 6 which has a lot of legroom. Plane interior was refurbished: new seats, touch screen, OkK/ good selection of movies. Service was superb! Food quality is good.
AircraftA340-300
RouteAmsterdam to Ho Chi Minh City via Zurich

"Outstanding customer service"

Trip Verified | Zürich to Buenos Aires. A nice surprise. Very clean aircraft, great food (I had vegetarian), the bread is probably the best I had in a commercial flight, limited entertainment system but does the Job. Outstanding customer service in all points. Negative issues: seats are hard as rock, leg space is minimal. Once seats are reclined the distance between my nose and the TV were 12 cm. I am sure in business it was not that bad.
RouteZürich to Buenos Aires

"the food not so great"

Not Verified | We had a return flight to Ho Chi Minh from Birmingham via Zurich with Edelweiss, never used them before so did not know what to expect. Could not choose your seat unless you had paid in advance or until 24 hours when you could check in online. Easy flight from Birmingham to Zurich with a very short changeover that we were concerned but there was no need at all. You were asked if you had the correct visa for Vietnam before boarding and checked. The plane itself was clean, reasonably spacious (as can be for economy!)and the crew very friendly and helpful. We found the food to be not so good though but the fresh bread that went round was a much better idea. Much the same on the return trip but the one thing we had a problem with was we could not check in on line, I did email Edelweiss and to their due they did mail me back within a couple of hours and report a fault. Again most ok but the food not so great but did enjoy their continental style breakfast!
RouteBirmingham to Ho Chi Minh via Zürich
Date FlownDecember 2018

"not allowed access to Lounge"

(Cyprus)

Not Verified | Larnaca to Zurich. Flight was satisfactory but my biggest gripe is that I was not allowed access to the Business Lounge at Larnaca Airport, surely this should be automatic when paying for Business.
RouteLarnaca to Zurich
Date FlownAugust 2018

"shame for a Swiss carrier"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Mykonos. Total shame for a Swiss carrier. Less space than on easyjet and Ryanair but incredibly expensive for nothing. Food was ok, and the crew was not authentic.
RouteZurich to Mykonos
Date FlownJuly 2018

"a pleasant surprise"

Trip Verified | Dubrovnik to Zurich. Flying business with Edelweiss was a pleasant surprise, this low cost branch of Swiss offered excellent service, great food and excellent comfort. The only downside was that there was no access to Airport lounge at departure, which was very dissatisfying as it is one of the main reasons I chose to fly business.
RouteDubrovnik to Zurich

"seating most uncomfortable"

(Costa Rica)

Trip Verified | Birmingham to San Jose via Zurich using Helvetic Airways and Edelweiss. We used four flights on this particular trip with Swiss or its share code partners, none of which were on time, an average of 1 hour late. We had never flown via Edelweiss previously and probably will never do so again as the experience was not good. Our first bad experience was an email request to Swiss for assistance about our booking, we never had a reply to our request even 14 days after it was put in the only reason we ever did get an answer was because I obtained the email directly to Swiss CEO. On board the aircraft the service you will receive at best can be described as average in economy class, probably a little better in economy plus or business. No free alcoholic beverages in economy class you will be charged for a beer or glass of wine with the meal you will receive and the average cost is around $10 per drink. Comfort on Board and hidden extra expense in Economy Class. The seating setup is probably the most uncomfortable we have experienced on a long haul carrier, the seats are very tight and small little of no room to move and we are only small bodied people 1.64 and around 70kgs. Although the aircraft are new and clean the comfort level in economy class is extremely bad and we would not recommend it. If your baggage is overweight (above 23kgs) you will be charged an excess baggage fee of approximately $200 per suitcase.
RouteBirmingham to San Jose via Zurich
Date FlownJune 2018

"a terrible airline"

Trip Verified | Received an email at 3pm on day of travel to let us know that the Zurich-Cape Town leg of our flight had been moved from 10pm that evening to 8am the following morning. Annoying but compounded by fact that the Amsterdam to Zurich leg of our flight had also been cancelled and it was therefore impossible to get to Zurich in time to catch the delayed flight to Cape Town. Edelweiss offered no explanation, apology or assistance so had to rebook flights for my family and I, cancel and rebook hire car at extra cost and rebook accommodation as would now be arriving after midnight (meaning that we lost a day of our holiday as well). On our return I wrote to Edelweiss to request compensation only to be told that as they are a Swiss airline they do not need to do so and therefore would not - their reply as follows: "Edelweiss adheres to the legal texts of the prescribed ordinances and we therefore stick to our previous statement. The legal text of Regulation (EC) 261/2004 does not provide for compensation in the case of delayed flights. For final clarification, we refer to the judgment of the district court Bülach, 02.02.2016, which has become legally valid and published: No compensation payments are due for late flights to and from Switzerland." All-in-all a terrible experience with a terrible airline - customer service = zero. Avoid
RouteAmsterdam to Cape Town via Zurich
Date FlownApril 2018

"They give our seat away"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Cape Town. Me and my wife go on Edelweiss Air website to buy ticket as review was so good. When we book we see we can book our seats and it was still empty and was happy to get all the good seats for flight out and return. The day when we check in we can't and call the airline and they say we only have pay for our Economy Max seats and not for the ticket. How can it not included the flight? We need to fly and then we say ok we will pay for the flight and they say sorry its full. They give our seat away. That is so bad that we need to pay for another flight. So bad customer services and super bad website.
RouteZurich to Cape Town