CSA Czech Airlines

"Delayed every single time"

Trip Verified | Beirut to Prague via Amsterdam with CSA Czech Airlines. Delayed every single time flown, missed connecting flight due to airline delay. Check online flight times for record of consistent delays with this incompetent airlines.
RouteBeirut to Prague via Amsterdam
Date FlownAugust 2019

"will avoid them in the future"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Prague. Czech Airlines are already one of the worst airlines I have ever chosen. When I first tried to check in - even though they claim you should be able to do it 36 hours prior to your flight - the system simply would not recognise my details. Later it did, but I recklessly changed my seat and it turns out that is against payment. Fun fact: once you change your seat even your original seat becomes payable, should you want to change it back. Prices are ridiculously high, I mean, EUR15 for a meal!? I am absolutely livid and will avoid them in the future at any rate.
RouteBrussels to Prague

"disappointing low-cost experience"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Paris to Prague. Very disappointing low-cost experience with Czech Airlines. - Flight is sold online as operated by CSA Czech Airlines. Reservation confirmation email and Boarding Pass only mention that this is a CSA Czech Airlines flight. Flight is however operated by low-cost sister company Smartwings with no notice whatsoever until you see the aircraft pull at the gate. This may characterize as a breach of French airline regulations which state that the passenger must be informed ahead of the flight of the name of the Operating Airline. From a commercial perspective this is also quite misleading for the passenger to make an informed choice: I booked on a mainstream national airline and ended up flying a LCC with no prior notice whatsoever. - Check-in process in airport is quite messy: SkyPriority sign hard to find and long unorganized queues in a very small check-in area making it difficult to even reach the SkyPriority line - Lounge in CDG T2D that CSA Czech Airlines contracts with is extremely sub-par. Food choice is limited to a couple of chips, cold snacks and cheese and is not restocked regularly, drinks not properly refrigerated, floor is dirty and sticky when you walk on it, tables and chairs extremely worn out and shaky, lounge is located in a mezzanine between airside and landside in CDG T2D and very noisy as you hear all sounds of the passenger terminal around. - Flight late with no apologies or explanation and no updated boarding time communicated in airport - Aircraft operated by Smartwings is an old B737 with extremely cramped (LCC) seat configuration, bulky old seats with poor padding and little leg-space.
RouteParis to Prague
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Late every time we use them"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Prague. Shockingly bad. Late every time we use them, sometimes over 3 hours. Rude to customers also scamming on baggage charges where they try to double charge saying they can't find proof that you paid for your baggage. Avoid.
RouteBirmingham to Prague
Date FlownAugust 2019

"the service is one-star"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Prague to Nice. The price of the ticket with CSA (Czech Airlines) is at the same level as of Lufthansa, but the service is one-star. First, even if my flight was the very first one that day, it was delayed for 40 minutes, because the crew was missing! They did not told us the reason, I had to ask. Second, the interior and the seats were very old and used, even Ryanair has better and modern seats. The seats have no spaces for legroom and are extremely uncomfortable. Any low-cost airlines have more space. They do not serve food nor drinks even for their high prices. Beware: Czech Airlines, ČSA, Travel Service and SmartWings is just one airline. As they are a monopoly on the Czech market, they charge high prices for extremely low services.
RoutePrague to Nice
Date FlownAugust 2019

"refuse to refund my ticket"

Trip Verified | Kiev to Paris via Prague. I'll never book a flight with that company again. I had a transfer in Prague and missed my connection because the airport had open only one security checkpoint and we had to wait for a long time, but the company refuse to refund my ticket or find me a new one (even though we were like 15 passengers in the same situation), and I had to buy another one to get back home. Now, it has been one week and I still don't know where my baggage is, I have had no news of it whatsoever. I filled all the online forms I could find but received no answer. I also tried to call them every day since my missed flight but though the general helpline answers quickly, the number they give me for my lost baggage doesn't seem to work - nobody answers anyway. I have tried everything, even going to Paris airport, but nobody knows anything about my baggage, which is really annoying as of course I had all of my clothes inside. So if you think that a low cost company is a good idea, think again!! In the end, I have spent more than twice the amount I planned for that flight, between booking a new flight, a new bus after that, and now being obliged to buy new clothes.
RouteKiev to Paris via Prague

"experience thoroughly unpalatable"

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Prague. My experience with Czech Airlines was thoroughly unpalatable, I wonder how they can be part of the SkyTeam at all. Not only was the flight running late, the plane itself was an extremely old and poorly configured 737-400. It was immediately clear that passenger comfort was of no interest to this carrier given that the air conditioning vents were not aligned to the seats and the pitch of the seats themselves were so narrow so as to replicate the feeling of a sardine can. Service aboard the plane was unspectacular and ambivalent, but not offensive. There was no effort to "wow" the passenger at all. I most certainly would recommend arriving in Prague by any other airline available.
RouteHelsinki to Prague

"I am really displeased"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Prague to Stockholm. I am really displeased with the way Czech Airlines mismanaged my flight today and denied me a seat I had booked and paid for almost a month ago. I had my boarding pass in hand and just before my amazed eyes, I was asked very rudely to step aside while two other passengers were given way and let on the plane. My calls for help - and later cries of frustration - got nowhere. Instead I was asked to take a flight the next day! I tried to explain that I had to be at work the next day to no avail. The people from your airlines kept me waiting for almost two hours before sending me to the residence next to airport with food vouchers! I am now feeling desperate and upset and experiencing serious panic attacks as I am not sure what is going to happen tomorrow. It seems to me that I have been trapped here in Prague and there is absolutely nothing I can do. Who is going to compensate for all the emotional distress and professional as well as financial loss I am bearing?
RoutePrague to Stockholm
Date FlownJuly 2019

"seats not the most comfortable"

(Ukraine)

Not Verified | Prague to Kiev. Nothing much. The plane wasn't very clean. The seats are not the most comfortable. The water was carried out only once and only before landing. The plane was 1 hour and 30 minutes late. The service was ordinary. It could have been better.
RoutePrague to Kiev
Date FlownJuly 2019

"never fly with them again"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Zagreb via Prague. The flight was operated by Smart Wings, they did not have anything on the menu on aircraft. After a one hour delay we spent an additional hour sitting in the aircraft. The delay caused missing my connection flight and arriving to my destination 12 hours later than planned, missed out on work etc. No answer from them, I have been waiting for more than a month. I have never had such a terrible experience and service, will never fly with them again.
RouteAmsterdam to Zagreb via Prague