CSA Czech Airlines

(Latvia)

RIX-PRG-JFK and back. Riga to Prague and back ok. Aircraft comfy staff friendly. But planes to New York are with very poor entertainment system. Expected good entertainment system thought will watch movies or listen to music in the plane. But there was nothing to listen to just few channels of music and nothing acceptable. No TV sets for every passenger. They showed old movies and stupid "funny" short movies. The flight was long as well - about 9 hours.It wasn't night flight so I also didn't want to sleep that much. This airline company is ok if you fly in Europe but they should think more about entertainment system for flights across the ocean.

CSA Czech Airlines customer review

LHR-PRG-LHR Economy. Flight on time plane not full so good seating choices. Checked in online and worked well. FA's friendly and attentive snacks served followed by items to be bought - paid for wine but no problem. Quick exit at Prague airport. Return flight plane also not full and FA's friendly. Food served and items sold. At Prague you can upgrade to Business (if you have the right class ticket).

CSA Czech Airlines customer review

CGN-PRG-IST. CGN-PRG aged and not well kept ATR 42. When weighting the hand luggage the CSA employees claimed that the allowed baggage was 8 kilos not 12 as stated at their website. Some passengers were already sorting out some of the luggage. Later the women checked the flight details again and admitted that the hand baggage is 12 kg. Cabin crew did not speak German and only poor english although most passengers were non-czech. Only a small sandwich was handed out unfortunately the cabin crew did not know whether the meat included pork or not - the vast majority of the passengers were Turkish so almost no one could eat the sandwich (no vegetarian alternative provided). Prague airport was nice and the three hours of waiting were enjoyable. An old Boeing used for the flight to Turkey. Seats were not clean. This time a bigger sandwich provided including one free drink. I felt like flying with a low cost carrier.

CSA Czech Airlines customer review

Our direct flight Toronto - Prague was cancelled however the web site said it was on time about 3 hours before the planned departure - we live 15 min. from the airport (the plane never left Prague so they knew for at least 8 hours). We were offered to fly direct 2 days later or be put on any available non-direct flight. We were not informed at the time and only found out later that we had to wait for 8 hours in Amsterdam for the connecting flight to Prague. No food/drink vouchers were offered. In Amsterdam we tried to book earlier flight but were told that it could not be done for security reason because our luggage was already booked to Prague (there was much earlier flight to Prague - at 9 am we landed at 7 am and had to wait until almost 3 pm!). We had a similar experience with a different airline last year (10 hours delay) and we received EU 40 in food vouchers and Can$ 150 for future travel each. We will avoid flying with CSA in the future.

(Spain)

BUD-PRG-MAD return. Had good experience with them ground crew screwed up in BUD so we were late by about 1hr CSA held back all the planes that had connecting pax from BUD. Very nice of them (though I'm sure others were annoyed by delay)! BUD-PRG in an ATR42 was good for an experience PRG-MAD both ways in a clean A320 with one of the best inflight meals I've ever had. PRG-BUD served by Malev. CSA had a great price for the money at the time I bought the ticket.

CSA Czech Airlines customer review

MAN-PRG. Generally a pleasant flight almost full in an ageing but clean Boeing 737. Good information from cockpit in both English and Czech. Cabin crew are good but looked fed up. Catering has gone downhill since my last CSA flight and the sandwich was stale. Flight was 5 minutes late but bags were on the belt very quickly.

CSA Czech Airlines customer review

Similar experience to Michal Matejka below Amsterdam - Prague flight parked at non-Schengen gate which resulted in long bus trips around the airport. Return Brno - Amsterdam via Prague connection was very tight (40 minutes) and further delayed by another security check at Prague. Don't understand why this couldn't be done once and for all in Brno - is security there not acceptable for international flights? Annoying to have to pay for food and beverages considering €600+ fare - surely free beer can be offered?

(Sweden)

Stockholm to Prague was OK nothing to complain about. Sandwich not the best but not the worst either. Don't understand why they serve coffee and tea together with the sandwich instead than returning after a while but that's not a big issue. The return was very disappointing. I travelled with my husband and we had only one checked luggage weighing 22 kilos one piece of cabin luggage and my purse. We had to pay the 2 kilos overweight because we had two separate bookings! The check-in lady told us that she has to follow the (Austro- Hungarian) rules and she doesn't want to lose her job. We replied that she will for sure when the customers will choose other companies.

CSA Czech Airlines customer review

CDG-PRG-EVN return. Way in no problem except that all beverages are no more free. On the way back 2 hours delay in Yerevan and CSA managed rerouting perfectly in PRG. The plus for CSA : 6 flights a week for EVN skilled and fair english speaking staff. Best prices from France to Armenia. Transit in PRG is far easier than in many Paris metro stations. The minus: a problem with some goods purchased on board. No more agency in EVN you have to phone to headquarters in PRG.

(Czech Republic)

Amsterdam to Prague. This once-preferred airline with above average quality of services has come to its decline and no longer deserves the 3 star rating. The airline has recently jumped on the bandwagon of paid onboard refreshments. Although I generally do not fully understand this tactics of many major airlines nowadays to make their customers to pay "major" airfare for low cost services I do not completely object to paying some extra for beer or wine onboard - provided that the prices are decent (which is true with CSA) and provided I have chance to get what I desire. The latter is unfortunately not true with CSA - even though I was willing to pay for a can of beer the attendant said that beer will be provided "by a colleague" who was however serving the rows in front of me and never made it to my row. It is quite difficult to understand the logic behind this. After arrival to Prague the aircraft parked at Terminal 1 (non-Schengen flights) which meant that although the airbridge came to the aircraft we only entered it and then we were forced to go out and take stairs to the apron to board the bus which took us to Terminal 2 (Schengen flights). This is a notorious problem at the Prague airport which the airline has be unable to resolve for 3 years (since opening of the terminal 2). The flight crew is supposed to inform the passengers in advance of this Prague "special" but no one bothered to do that on my flight.