Croatia Airlines

(Croatia)

Over the last 30 days ZAG-AMS-ZAG ZAG-DBV-ZAG and ZAG-IST-ZAG. All flights on airbus 319 with new Reacro seats. Cabin was new and well maintained catering okay flight attendants polite. However each flight was delayed and no explanation was given. The worse was Zagreb to Istanbul return. Each flight was delayed more than two hours and crew as well as customer service acted like it was perfectly normal.

Croatia Airlines customer review

FRA-DBV-FRA. Outbound flight was two hours late no explanation given whatsoever neither on ground nor onboard. FAs on both flights seemed to be disinterested in servicing customers. On inbound flight I asked three times for a second cup of water three times I was assured that they will serve it. It never emerged.

(Serbia)

Seat 4F (window) from ZAG to SPU on A319. Boarding was 30 mins late however only 10 mins late arriving. Online check-in helped smooth the airport experience. Inflight experience was adequate the crew young and polite and the catering adequate for such a short flight. Seats are horribly worn-out even though the plane itself doesn't look or feel old.

(Croatia)

FRA-ZAG on well kept A320 with charming and friendly female purser other FA's also good. Leg room and seat comfort are excellent. Safety and flight deck announcements in Croatian English and German. Soft drinks beer and wine for free apple pastry served as snack on 1hr flight. Boarding and arrival on time even though flight was the last of the day.

(Belgium)

Frankfurt-Dubrovnik return. Airbus 319/320 very new with plenty of room and easy secure seat belts - on recent flights I've had to call for an extension so I know now it's the old planes not me. Drop-down screen for pre-flight and safety explanations. Snack served mid-flight with choice of soft drinks wine or beer and tea/coffee. Return flight diverted to Terminal B which meant a run of 35 mins to my connecting Lufthansa flight from Terminal A to Brussels.

Croatia Airlines customer review

LHR-ZAG-DBV return. Ready to leave the stand at LHR on time then over an hour late taking off due to ATC. Tight transfer in ZAG not a problem as same plane used for ZAG-DBV leg. Aircraft and crew fine meal and beer on international legs drink on 40 minute internal flight. Heavy fog in ZAG on return caused small delay.

Croatia Airlines customer review

Frankfurt-Dubrovnik. Impressed with the meal served on such a short flight. The only thing I didn't like was that there was no inflight entertainment. Flight attendants were friendly.

Croatia Airlines customer review

BCN-ZAG-SJJ on A319/Q400. Check-in at BCN poor you in fact use Lufthansa's desks (which is inefficient auto machines followed by bag drop but no reference anywhere to use it). After problems at BCN we left late good cold dinner served onboard with nice Croatian wine. Worn out A319 curtains closed for Business Class despite it being empty. Arrived only 10 mins late short transit at ZAG where everything was closed despite all the flights arriving/departing at that time. Prop flight to Sarajevo comfortable and quick - just 35mins on brand new Q400 snack and drink served onboard. Efficient and friendly staff throughout. One of the best flights I've had with this airline over the years they seem a bit hit and miss irrespective of domestic or international flights.

(Croatia)

ZAG-AMS A319. Online check-in worked well drop off baggage without waiting. Aircraft well kept all female FA's young and well presented smiling and chatty. Simple breakfast with free beverages few words from flight deck. Arrived 10mins ahead of schedule. Good value for money.

Croatia Airlines customer review

My flight from Zagreb to Dubrovnik was abysmal. I checked in my luggage and had a microscope needed for study at my destination as hand luggage because it was delicate. Every airline in the world has been fine about this as the microscope fits into hand luggage space at the right measurements. The manager on duty that day was behaving in a very negative way and would not let me board the flight unless I put the microscope under the plane in luggage. She said I had to pay for a whole new seat to bring it with me costing 150 euros. I was not able to do that and she would not discuss the issue and insisted it went under the plane She ensured by word of mouth that it would come to no harm or damage. When I took the microscope out of the luggage at my destination it had been badly damaged. I was dismayed. I would like to say that this airlines staff were rude non customer friendly and not helpful at all. In fact worse than that she actually caused my baggage damage with a lie about its safety.