Copa Airlines

"Their service is terrible"

Not Verified | The flight leaving Atlanta to Panama, the Atlanta check in line wait was two and a half hours. They only had 2 workers working. They lost my bag by forgetting to put a tag on my bag and then blamed me. Their service is terrible and they never called or did anything to help me. Customer service phone lines we called for 7 hours nobody answered. The claim I filed was 17 days ago, they have done nothing.
RouteAtlanta to Barranquilla via panama City
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"This airline has really gone downhill fast"

Not Verified | This airline has really gone downhill fast. The staff is using the Covid excuse to be rude and inattentive to customers. They sit and offer little to no customer service. I am specifically referring to business class. They do not even serve drinks in business class. Supposedly COVID is the big excuse. I am not convinced as other airlines like United have returned to normal and offer full service in business class. This airline has become one of the most pathetic on most routes. Avoid if possible and don't waste your money on business class.
RoutePanama City to Medellin
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"I’ve been requesting a refund for the last 5 months"

Not Verified | I booked a flight with Copa to Aruba from Los Angeles. Due to covid, the flight was cancelled. Totally understandable. I was given a travel credit good through the end of 2021. When looking at available flights options, there were none for my original destination. I requested a refund of my original fare. By law, if the airline cancels the flight for any reason you’re entitled to a refund. It’s now been almost 2 years since I originally purchase my tickets. I’ve been requesting a refund for the last 5 months. I can’t even get a response. I’d highly suggest anyone looking to book a time keg and hoping for a shred of customer service avoid this airline at all cost! It’s one thing to have a delayed refund given the circumstances, quite another thing to be ignored and disregarded for 5+ months.
RouteLos Angeles to Aruba
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"never fly with Copa again"

Not Verified | At the airport in São Paulo the Copa attendant who did our check in was extremely rude and uncooperative. First, he gave us a hard time because of the doctors signature on the Covid test. Copa changed our flight leaving us with a 22 hour layover in Panama. When I contacted Copa requesting a change in my flight, I was told that I had to pay an extra US $5,000 to change it. At the check in in São Paulo, we were told that we needed an International yellow fever certificate to enter Panama. The attendant said that we didn’t do our job gathering the travel requirements necessary for our flights, which is a lie! I got into Copa’s website right away, typed in our flight itinerary and the information about the yellow fever certificate was not there. Well, needless to say that we almost missed our flight trying to resolve the issue. The Copa attendant told us that if we had booked our flight directly through Copa, that we would have received all the necessary travel requirements, but that was too bad that we booked our tickets through a third party. Well, now we are being punished for not buying directly from Copa. If you are going to give your customers a very hard time because they book their flight with a third party vendor, you might as well stop vendors from selling your flight tickets. I will never fly with Copa again.
RouteSão Paulo to Los Angeles via Panama City
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Pathetic service Copa Airlines"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | We caught a flight from Panama to Mexico with Copa Airlines, and the woman at the counter assured us the bag would fly straight to Leon and the bag tag she gave us showed the bags were booked all the way to Leon. However when we got to Leon guess what no bags, so we thought its ok they will send the bag on the next flight. Since the bags did not arrive on the next flight we then contacted the connecting flight airline which was Aeromexico, they were quick to assist and track down that the bag never got on to their plane in Mexico, the system still showed that Copa Airlines still have the bag in their possession. We phone the Copa customer service and what a waste of time, you spend 20 min before they answer the phone then you give them all the bag tag and flight numbers only for them to tell you that the provided numbers that they issued you with, are not working on their system. Copa customer services then tell you to fill in an online form for them to search for the bag? Why could that form not be filled by the customer services agent while he was on the phone and already had all the details? Guess what, all that for nothing! Bag still not found - Pathetic service Copa Airlines.
RoutePanama to Mexico via Leon
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"I will not use Copa Airlines again"

Not Verified | I will not use Copa Airlines again even before I have flown it tomorrow. The are unreachable by phone until I used the contact number for Canada from the US and waited about 45 minutes. Their app is horrible. When I tried to enter my credit card, it required that I select a country. However, the United States of America or USA were not on the list. I checked it 6 times to make sure. The website is just as bad. I tried to upgrade seats and pay. Each time it rejected my credit card. Tried this an unbelievable 9 times before I accepted their stupidity. Quite honestly, after this experience, I am afraid of what actually checking in and flying is going to look like. My first experience with Copa and very well will be the last unless something miraculous happens tomorrow when I fly.
RouteChicago to Rio de Janeiro via Panama City
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"flights have been completely changed"

Not Verified | We purchased our tickets 6 months ago. 2 weeks prior we noticed the flights have been completely changed to a different schedule. Called to fix it and found out two legs were completely cancelled without notifying us while the flight status online still showed on time. We were given only one 35h option for a previously 12h route including sleeping on another city. We had to take it. We were told that we would still have the upgraded seats we purchased (50 dollars each leg for me and wife= US$400 total). Got to the terminal and were told we would just get whatever was left by a very rude attendant. Tried to call customer service about seats and hung up on us. It's incredible that a corporation can get away with treating people like this.
RouteLos Angeles to Rio de Janeiro via Panama City
Date FlownDecember 2021

"My recommendation is to use another airline"

Not Verified | I am gold member for more almost 10 years with Copa. There is absolutely no difference between elite status and economy in this airline. There is not even a preferential line for boarding. The VIP lounge has only coke and chips, and unfortunately the service of the staff is bad all around. My recommendation if the choice is available is to use another airline. American Airlines for the same route for instance is excellent and cheaper.
RoutePanama City to Lima
Date FlownDecember 2021

"commend the service I received"

Trip Verified | I travel often and I have to commend the service I received from Pedro. (As we checked in) I don't know his last name but he's from Peru and works out of the Miami Airport. He went above and beyond his duties helping us and answering every question we had. His knowledge and professionalism helped us answer all of our questions
RouteMiami to Panama City
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Stunningly bad service at every opportunity!"

(Peru)

Trip Verified | Stunningly bad service at every opportunity! Called COPA customer service the night before my trip to try to change my ticket. After being kept on hold for more than an hour, an agent was not able to change my ticket as I had hoped, but did me the disservice of erasing all my seat assignments on my original flights without telling me. So, the next day I flew in horrible seats instead of the exit row seats I had selected. Next interaction: I tried to use COPA's website to buy my partner a seat next to mine. I tried three times, and the website produced an error message each time. Then I tried to call COPA's customer service line three times to buy the seat; each time I gave up after being on hold more than one hour. Today I finally got through to an agent to buy the seats after only 10 minutes (yippee!), but he inadvertently hung up on me while processing the transaction. Bottom line, if you want to fly an airline with horrible customer service, COPA is the airline for you. Otherwise, you might try another airline.
RouteLima to San Francisco via Panama