Copa Airlines

"offered to upgrade our flight"

(Mexico)

Not Verified | Copa upgrade offer I purchased 4 tickets on with 2 reservations on Copa airlines. The reservations had 2 different reservation numbers. 2 tickets for my wife and I and on the second reservation two tickets for friends. I received an email from Copa today with an offered to upgrade our flight. The email did not have a reservation number. I paid for the upgrade. Then I received an email confirming the upgrade. The upgrade was shown for our friends tickets. When I called Copa I was told there could be no change, refund or cancellation of the upgrade. I had no intention of upgrading our friends tickets which I paid for.
RouteMexico City to Panama City
Date FlownJuly 2023

"has to be the worst airline"

(Jamaica)

Trip Verified | For an airline to represent the Central / South America, this has to be the worst airline. Ask three agent the same question get three different answers.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteKingston to Panama
Date FlownAugust 2023

"one of the best experiences"

Not Verified | It was one of the best experiences in a long time on a plane, good service, comfortable seats, food, very friendly staff. I would like Copa to have a direct trip from Washington DC to El Salvador. Fue una de las mejores experiencias en mucho tiempo en un avion buena atencion comodos asientos comida personal muy amable. Como quisiera que copa tubiera un viaje directo de washington dc para el salvador
RouteWashington to Panama City
Date FlownAugust 2023

"I’ll never fly Copa again"

Trip Verified | The worst airline I’ve ever had the displeasure to fly with. Flight attendants unfriendly. We boarded the plane, took off and there was no service of any kind. No water, nothing. Lights off and that was it. 5 hours later, they brought in the breakfast and it was a joke. Churros with dulce de leche. Dry, rubbery, tasted like nothing. The cup of fruit served had seen better days. Onboard entertainment was your cell phone or tablet sitting on the back of the seat in front of you and connected to their site. The movie choices vary from Beethoven to Scooby-Doo. Seats cramped. 2 bathrooms for an entire, fully packed airplane. I’ll never fly Copa again.
RouteSan Francisco to Panama City
Date FlownAugust 2023

"They simply didn't care"

Trip Verified |  The worst experience from COPA ground staff at Boston Logan airport. They made me and my small children (including a baby) queue at both the check-in counter and the gate at the economy class line arguing that they were in line before me and it would have been disrespectful. I even talked to the supervisor and explained that this was not the standard procedure for a passenger flying business. They simply didn't care. The supervisor accepted what I said but did not correct the situation. She, even replied with a "what do you want me to do", to which I politely replied that she should do her job and correct her staff. All that staff was unprofessional, disrespectful, unskilled and untrained at customer care to say the least. When mentioned that I would have reported them, they simply said they didn't care. I am beyond surprised that COPA has that kind of personnel. I have never experienced that poor treatment with any other airline globally. This was BOS-PTY on August 02, 2023. Onboard, the service was impecable with steward Mr. Juvenciano who went above and beyond to ensure my family and I felt well and cared for.
RouteBoston to Panama City
Date FlownAugust 2023

"I had the worst experience"

Trip Verified | I had the worst experience flying with this airline. I originally had a flight leaving Lima, Peru to San Francisco via Panama City on July 31. I was going to have a 50 minute connection and was trusting that I was going to make it, as we were going through the company's hub. However, 20 mins after the plane boards, we got the message that the plane had equipment issues and was going to deboard. Not much more information given after that, and we were taken to baggage claim to get our luggage. I had to find out from other passengers that we had to go to a random airport gate to get rebooked - and this took almost 3 hours. The company booked us a hotel and shuttle to a hotel, but the whole process was very painful and lacked clear communication. The next morning the flight was scheduled to depart at 10am. We arrive to the airport at 7, and find out that the flight then got delayed to 1pm. At 1pm the flight then got rescheduled to 3pm. By this point, everyone would have missed their various connecting flights out of Panama City, including mine, to San Francisco. By the way, there is only 1 flight to San Francisco per day out of Panama, leaving at 6:15pm and arriving at 11:30pm. Instead of making it easier for me and finding a solution, they were going to rebook me on the next flight which would have meant another day wasted. I had to fight them to get a solution to fly me to LAX and then to San Francisco via United. Overall, very frustrating travel experience. I had hopes for this airline due to its Star Alliance status but it was very poor. The staff during the whole experience were very poor at communicating, were on their phones the whole time, sometimes rude, did not try to assist very much. I almost bought a ticket out of Peru with a different airline when the cancellations happened and really wish I did instead of continuing with Copa.
RouteLima to San Francisco via Panama City
Date FlownAugust 2023

"Rude and unhelpful staff"

Trip Verified | Rude and unhelpful staff. Copa Airline staff members displayed a lack of courtesy and patience when dealing with me and my husband. They were very dismissive and providing incorrect information, which was very frustrating. Their service were Inefficient and slow which caused delays in check-in and slow response times to all Passengers on the baggage claim line causing multiple passengers to miss their flights including myself. Poor communication and refusal to translate information in English, The supervisor said in Portuguese that she will not help Americans and refused to speak English. A lack of effective resolution lead to a negative customer service experience especially at the baggage claim where the agent was on her phone the entire time scrolling through instagram instead of helping passengers. The airport staff failed to address concerns or provide appropriate compensation or solutions so that me and my husband will know what to do and how we will get back into the United States from Brazil. Many airports strive to provide excellent customer service and prioritize passenger satisfaction.
RouteSão Paulo to Panama

"friendly staff on-board"

Trip Verified | I was pleased with the performance of the friendly staff on-board, they certainly made it worth flying with COPA. The same can’t be said about the ground staff in Toronto. I found them to be somewhat discourteous and uncaring. They seem to focus of getting the flight out rather than taking the time to be pleasant to guest. They could have dont a better job organizing the boarding lines and dealing with customer questions.
RouteToronto to Panama
Date FlownJuly 2023

"we had so much trouble checking in"

Not Verified | First of all the times changed. Then we had so much trouble checking in. Then when we finally checked in we weren't able to get a boarding pass. Now on the airfield they are 45 minutes too late with opening the luggage check-in counters. Their website is horrible. And they have no helpdesk or customers service that is available via the website!
RouteGuatemala City to Panama City
Date FlownJune 2023

"customer service is horrible"

Trip Verified | First off, customer service is horrible. The staff are rude and poorly organized. My first incident occurred when their communication was so bad that they used 3 different excuses of why the airline was delayed. This shows that they lack organization skills as an organization. The most crazy part of my whole experience is that I booked my flight for June 25th (I have receipts) but the airline had my reservation for July 25th. How does this happens? I spoke to other customers and they also were upset about the service.
RoutePanama City to Fort Lauderdale