China Southern Airlines

"excellent service of the staff"

(China)

Trip Verified | Thank you to the staff of China Southern Airlines. I flew to Seoul today. During the boarding I felt the excellent service of the staff. The boarding gate staff adhered to the epidemic prevention requirements and let each passenger stand one meter apart in the boarding queue.
RouteGuangzhou to Seoul
Date FlownApril 2021

"trip was comfortable and easy"

(China)

Trip Verified | It was the first time I went abroad and I felt extremely nervous. While waiting at the waiting hall in Guangzhou Baiyun Airport the staff named Zhimei Liu helped me. With her help, my trip was comfortable and easy.
RouteGuangzhou to Amsterdam
Date FlownApril 2021

"I want to say thank you again"

Trip Verified | The service of one Check-In Counter Manager from China Southern Airlines was outstanding. UK government requires all passengers to have the negative covid test certificate prior boarding. Due to my carelessness, I overlooked the requirement that it needs to be translated into one of the 3 languages (English, Spanish or French). When I showed up in the airport counter at 8pm on Thur night (8/4/21), they told me I couldn't fly. The issue is that I have already booked everything in the UK for the quarantine requirements, such as covid tests and government forms and notify the quarantine location and isolation period. It will be a logistic nightmare to rebook everything, not to say I have to pay for everything again! Feeling hopeless and pressure to step aside for other passengers, I approached the counter manager who was very kind and understanding. He asked around to see if possible to fly with the Covid Test certificate in Chinese. To no avail, it's not possible. He told me there are translation companies which can do urgent translation services. I told him that I am not a local and have no clue where to find these companies. He helped me find a translation company, communicated with them and told them what it's required by the airline and the UK Immigration. Then he told me where to print it out in the airport once I received the translated certificate. This type of service I would called it "Above and Beyond" any customer's expectation. We are all living in a fast pace society, and quite often brush away others when they needed help unconsciously. Sometimes we really need to take time to appreciate other's kindness. To Li Changlong I want to say thank you again; you saved my day.
RouteGuangzhou to Amsterdam
Date FlownApril 2021

"very impressed by the crew"

Trip Verified | Back to China with my 80-year-old grandma. I am very impressed by the crew of China Southern Airlines and the staff of Guangzhou International Ground Service to be able to return home safely during this difficult period. Whether we are on the plane or before takeoff, and after landing, we are very careful about my grandma and my condition. Next time I will continue to choose to return to Toronto in Guangzhou and choose China Southern Airlines.
RouteToronto to Guangzhou
Date FlownApril 2021

"cabin crew are very friendly"

(China)

Trip Verified | The flight is good overall, cabin crew are very friendly and the food for the economy class is good enough during the pandemic. I forgot my baggage in the custom control area when I did the COVID test. The ground staff at Guangzhou help me to contact with the custom officer and airside staff to help me take my baggage back. Thank you so much for the help.
RouteVancouver to Guangzhou
Date FlownMarch 2021

"taken care of by the flight attendants"

(China)

Trip Verified | I brought my 83 year old mother back to China, and I was taken care of by the flight attendants and ground staff during the journey. When we checked in in LA, the staff initiative asked whether we need wheelchair assistance. During the flight the stewardesses helped us every time she went to the toilet. When we arrived in Guangzhou, the staff came forward to help us both and took my mother and me to the bus station without any problems
RouteLos Angeles to Guangzhou
Date FlownMarch 2021

"very grateful to the employees"

Trip Verified | I am very grateful to the employees of China Southern Airlines. My father is 80 years old and suffers from Alzheimer's disease, so I am very nervous on this journey. However, when I arrived at Guangzhou Airport, we were very lucky to have the kind help from the ground staff of China Southern Airlines. They helped me find my luggage, successfully passed the virus test, and successfully reached the hotel. Without their help, I really don't know what to do. I would like to thank the team.
RouteLos Angeles to GuangZhou
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"ground service was excellent"

Trip Verified | Nice experience with flying China Southern Airlines. I flew with my little baby and 5 luggages. It's difficult for me to pass the custom and immigration. The Staff helped me a lot, taking care of my baby, carried my luggage until the shuttle bus arrived. The ground service was excellent and it is worth to fly with business class.
RouteLos Angela to Guangzhou
Date FlownMarch 2021

"problem was handled very quickly"

(China)

Trip Verified | When I was waiting for the flight this morning, I forgot to wear disposable gloves. The lady who checked the ticket of China Southern Airlines came over to help me find the national certificate. When I asked if she could give me a pair of gloves, colleagues brought me double gloves. The staff of China Southern Airlines have been soothing my emotions. The staff who checked the ticket said that they would provide me with more later. In short, the problem was handled very quickly and meticulously. I am also sorry for the unnecessary trouble to the staff. 今天早晨候机的时候情绪比较激动,也忘记了戴一次性手套,南航验票的小姐姐很热心的过来帮我找出国证件,然后我询问能否给我一双手套时,也很快叫她其他同事帮我带了双手套过来,今天情绪很不稳定,南航的工作人员也一直舒缓我的情绪,我一直担心出国后不好回国的问题,验票的姐姐说后期再给我提供更多的新消息并且也叫我落地后给她报声平安。总之处理问题非常迅速,细致,我也很抱歉给工作人员添了不必要的麻烦。
RouteGuangzhou to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2021

"The service is really great"

(China)

Trip Verified | The service provided by China Southern Airlines is fantastic, I flew alone with the baby. Upon departure from the aircraft, China Southern Airlines provides pick-up service at the door of the stroller compartment, the staff helped me assemble the stroller and claim my baggage, The service is really great.
RouteLos Angeles to Guangzhou
Date FlownJanuary 2021

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review