China Southern Airlines

"really grateful to the crew"

(China)

Trip Verified | I am really grateful to the crew of China Southern Airlines. The supervisor and her team were providing great help to let us boarding in time. They professionally and responsible. Thank you so much.
RouteGuangzhou to Amsterdam
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Staff are very professional"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Vancouver. Good service and safe flight. Staff are very professional. Thanks for all the staffs. Specially during this pandemic time. Will definitely choose the southern airlines again next time
RouteGuangzhou to Vancouver
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"staff were very friendly"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Amsterdam. The seats on the plane were comfortable. The staff were very friendly and patient while they were helping with other people. The cabin staff service was very good.
RouteGuangzhou to Amsterdam
Date FlownAugust 2020

"extend my heartfelt gratitude"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I booked a flight from Guangzhou to Auckland from the booking center in August this year. I am going to bring my family back to Auckland and the date of returning to Auckland. It was flight cz305 in the early morning of August 8. When the date arrived, I arrived at the airport to board the plane but was told by the airport that my granddaughter’s passport had expired (the new passport is in Auckland), so I couldn’t help but feel a little worried. Tthe airport staff comforted us, they will solve the problem for us, then call our situation to the relevant department and ask for it to be dealt with as soon as possible. After some twists and turns, we finally booked the tickets for this flight and informed us of the precautions and the boarding area. In this way, we returned to Auckland smoothly. . Your company’s employees gave us the most needed help. I hereby extend my heartfelt gratitude to the employees of China Southern Airlines. I wish everyone all the Best, and wish China Southern Airlines flourish, prosper and become the most dazzling star in the blue sky!
AircraftCZ305
RouteGuangzhou to Auckland
Date FlownAugust 2020

"appreciated for his help"

(China)

Trip Verified | I'd like to write a review about my experience of travelling with China Southern Airlines. It was my first time to travel with China Southern Airline, so Guangzhou is an unknown city to me. But local people made me feel warm,they are friendly and warm-hearted. I travelled from Shantou to Guangzhou in the early morning, and my flight to Sydney was at night. I arrived in Guangzhou early in the afternoon,so I wondered could I checked in earlier as I've booked the aerohotel which is in the departure building it means I have to check in and get my boarding pass first. But it was too early to check in, I requested to check in earlier. The ground staff were very friendly to help me to check in, when I was waitting in the queue,the duty manager was controlling the discipline of the queue,as it was in the epidemic time, keeping a safe distance is extremely important. It made me feel he is very responsible, and when it was my turn,he helped me to call the immigration to check if my visa statue allows me to go to Australia, because there are restrictions from Australian Government. If he hadn't helped me to do this, it would have been harder for me to check in. I want to especially say thank you to the ground duty supervisor. I'm very appreciated for his help, and also thanks for the ground staff from China Southern, thank you!
RouteGuangzhou to Sydney
Date FlownAugust 2020

"have not cut their service"

(China)

Trip Verified | Shanghai to Chengdu on 31st July, CZ8243. Before the flight I hurt my finger by my mistake. After boarding, cabin crew Miss Cai give me a band-aid and cotton swab with lodophor, that is beyond my expectations, and another crew find that I can't use it do myself, she give me a hand. Thanks for their close help and enthusiasm. As now in a certain difficult time, China Southern Airlines have not cut their service, and do even better than usual.
AircraftA350-900
RouteShanghai to Chengdu
Date FlownJuly 2020

"thank you for your warm help"

Trip Verified | I would like to thank you for your warm help. My whole family has arrived in the United States successfully. We consulted the immigration of the United States at the counter of China Southern Airlines in Baiyun Airport on May 30. I remember that when we went to the airport to consult at the counter of China Southern Airlines, staff was friendly and enthusiastic, answered our questions and help us to call the us customs for inquiry patiently. Staff also assisted us to handle the luggage check-in matters until we handled all the necessary procedures for boarding. We sincerely wish you all the best.
RouteGuangzhou to Los Angeles
Date FlownApril 2020

"The service was perfect"

(China)

Trip Verified | Flying from Guangzhou to YangZhou in June 3, CZ3957. The service was perfect and the flight attendant did very perfect service job during the flight. Very kind. I hope to fly with her again in the future.
RouteGuangzhou to Yangzhou
Date FlownJune 2020

"I asked for refund"

Trip Verified | My return flight to London Heathrow was on 1st Feb 2020. I had to change it to 11th Feb to stay longer with my family in China due to Covid-19 and Paid extra for it. 11th Feb direct flight to London was cancelled without informing me, I only knew it when I reached Zhengzhou airport, and when I reached CSA I was told my direct flight has been changed to via Guangzhou, and I have to pay for the hotel stay at night. A week before my flight via Guangzhou I phoned to check whether the flights are cancelled. I was told the flights were cancelled, and I should wait until June or take refund. My visa was expiring so I asked for refund. I was told I will be refunded within 10 working days. Waited for over a month and then I got a call saying we will not be paying you the amount we promised earlier, and we will be pay you less. I had to pay more to travel with another airline.
RouteZhengzhou to London
Date FlownNovember 2019

"the service was satisfying"

(China)

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Changsha in January 2020. Overall the service was satisfying. Plus it was in the early stage of the virus outbreak, the airline and cabin crew took special measures to provide safety and protections, which was reassuring and much needed. Thanks to all cabin crew members who made great effort looking for a lost item and continued helping even days after our arrival. Appreciated!
RouteFrankfurt to Changsha
Date FlownJanuary 2020

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review