China Southern Airlines

Customer rating from 1964 reviews

"ticket change and refund is much greater"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | China Southern Airlines has gradually phased out a number of old 772, and now the mainstream of wide-body is Boeing 77-300ER and A330. Business class can lie flat and in 1-2-1 layout. At this time, the initiative of ticket change and refund is much greater. This is very good.
RouteGuangzhou to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"Save your money and fly with someone else"

Trip Verified | Do not fly with them! Have a 12 hour layover starting from Bangkok to Guangzhou and then to Beijing. Was told once we land we'll be given a hotel to stay in while we wait for the next flight. When we land in Guangzhou the help desk then tells us "No we've changed the rules, we only give out the hotel rooms if you're business class or higher". Save your money and fly with someone else.
RouteBangkok to Guangzhou via Beijing
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"staff are very friendly"

Trip Verified | The service provided by China Southern Airlines is very good, and the staff are very friendly. This is a good trip. I will choose China Southern Airlines next time. It's good.
RouteGuangzhou to London
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"gave me the best service"

Trip Verified | This flight experience made me feel very good. The staff of China Southern Airlines were very friendly and gave me the best service. I will choose China Southern Airlines in the future.
RouteGUANG ZHOU to New York
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"staff were very friendly"

Trip Verified | The first time I took a plane, it is a nice trip. The staff who handled the formalities were very friendly, and I will choose China Southern Airlines in the future
RouteGuangzhou to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2022

"happily fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | Very attentive staff at airport check in and the cabin staff. Exceptionally clean surroundings and up to date equipment for entertainment etc. Meal service was polite and quick with plenty of good, tasty food. I would happily fly this airline again and recommend it. I would like to thank the airport information worker who gave me vital information and advice about necessary travel preparations, and PRC test requirements before my journey, without her support, it would have been very stressful days.
RouteGuangzhou to Paris

"A considerate crew"

Trip Verified | A considerate crew. Quite an exhausted day before my flight which made attention to the crew, suggest me to upgrade to business class. It was really worth it, a spacious seat and let me had a good rest on the plane.
RouteGuangzhou to Singapore
Date FlownDecember 2022

"a very pleasant long trip"

Trip Verified | I would like to thank China Southern Airlines for bringing me a very pleasant long trip. The trip made me experience the warmth of home and the staff was very professional and welcoming, assisting me in the security check, helped me with my luggage. It made my trip feel more comfortable. I will continue to support China Southern Airlines' service and will recommend it to my friends and family.
RouteGuangzhou to Toronto
Date FlownDecember 2022

"food is relatively monotonous"

Trip Verified | I lost my wallet before boarding, but thanks to the staff there I got it back - many Thanks! The plane is new, and the seats in economy class are well spaced, though I'm taller. The crew is very considerate to help with the luggage. The food is relatively monotonous but the portion is sufficient. I hope that it can be improved after the epidemic is over. The on-board WI-FI has no option for paid use, which is not very friendly to non-members.
RouteGuangzhou to London
Date FlownOctober 2022

"airline service is good"

(China)

Trip Verified | The ground service is awesome. A kind lady took me to choose my seat, helped me address my oversized luggage, and led me to the security check. the airline service is good too, almost everyone could get a blanket if they wanted. The next flight from Sydney to Perth, I even couldn’t get a blanket in the plane from Qantas.
RouteGuangzhou to Sydney
Date FlownOctober 2022

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review