China Southern Airlines

"I asked for refund"

Trip Verified | My return flight to London Heathrow was on 1st Feb 2020. I had to change it to 11th Feb to stay longer with my family in China due to Covid-19 and Paid extra for it. 11th Feb direct flight to London was cancelled without informing me, I only knew it when I reached Zhengzhou airport, and when I reached CSA I was told my direct flight has been changed to via Guangzhou, and I have to pay for the hotel stay at night. A week before my flight via Guangzhou I phoned to check whether the flights are cancelled. I was told the flights were cancelled, and I should wait until June or take refund. My visa was expiring so I asked for refund. I was told I will be refunded within 10 working days. Waited for over a month and then I got a call saying we will not be paying you the amount we promised earlier, and we will be pay you less. I had to pay more to travel with another airline.
RouteZhengzhou to London
Date FlownNovember 2019

"the service was satisfying"

(China)

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Changsha in January 2020. Overall the service was satisfying. Plus it was in the early stage of the virus outbreak, the airline and cabin crew took special measures to provide safety and protections, which was reassuring and much needed. Thanks to all cabin crew members who made great effort looking for a lost item and continued helping even days after our arrival. Appreciated!
RouteFrankfurt to Changsha

"great service onboard"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Bangkok via Guangzhou. From Melbourne to Guangzhou, I was on an A330. The plane was nice, nice seats and decent leg-room, and crew was helpful and professional, but I didn't like the food onboard, and preferred anything in the airport lounge over those two meals I had onboard. The transit was pretty smooth in Guangzhou. I was happy about the layover by the airport. The airline arranged hotel for all passengers with long transit hour. Next flight was on time. The aircraft was an old Boeing 737, nothing either exciting about it, but I appreciate the great service onboard. Overall It was a nice flight.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 737
RouteMelbourne to Bangkok via Guangzhou
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"cabin should be refurbished a bit"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Single 2 hour flight from Taipei to Guangzhou. Flight was on time with orderly boarding. Great that widebody aircraft with comfy seats was used on short journey. Nevertheless, the cabin should be refurbished a bit - broken armrest, neighbour's IFE broken. IFE was average. I appreciate also that complimentary snack & drink service was offered. But this could be skipped considering awful quality of food and limited drink variety. The crew was generaly polite.
RouteTaipei to Guangzhou

"My food was terrible"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Delhi via Guangzhou on 29 January. The aircraft was clean and the check-in or boarding process was not very uncomfortable. The leg room was enormous on both legs of our journey. The in-flight entertainment system was responsive and content was adequate. There was no politeness in the crew to me. Asking for just some water to drink no was seemingly an irritant. My food was terrible even the special meal requested for my daughter was unpleasant. No headphones given out on either legs. The fear of coronavirus is not unfounded but either give away cheap earbuds to avoid contamination or inform the customers beforehand so that we can be prepared. The last leg between Guangzhou and Delhi had multiple announcements made about a health verification form that will be handed out by cabin crew to fill. But nothing was ever given and upon asking, the response was a cold 'we don't have any forms' from the members. We have our return journey on the same airline and just the thought of it has become dreadful .
AircraftBoeing 787-9 / A330-300
RouteVancouver to Delhi via Guangzhou
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Service on flight was exceptional"

Trip Verified | Melbourne via Guangzhou to New York JFK. Great flight. Service on flight was exceptional. Clean cabin. Aircraft was on time and arrived early in Guangzhou and on-time at JFK. The seating is spacious and very comfortable. Food was good. transit in Guangzhou was a bit of walk and you need to go through security even though you a in transit. we had 1.5 hours between flights at Guangzhou and it take about 40/50 mins to clear screening and get to the next gate for connecting flights. Entertainment system is ok, have seen better. Price was a lot less than other airlines offered.
RouteMelbourne via Guangzhou to New York
Date FlownDecember 2019

"the seat was too narrow"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Moscow, via Guangzhou. Flights were full during the Chinese New Year holiday season, and flight attendants onboard were friendly and patient. Lots of passengers blocking the transit section in Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, it was a little insufficient, hope they can have more paths available during busy hours. Overall it's a pretty good, love the food but the seat was too narrow.
RouteMelbourne to Moscow via Guangzhou
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"consider less transit next time"

Trip Verified | London to Perth via Guangzhou. It's a long journey this time, since I got one more stop in Wuhan between London and Guangzhou. The transit was very smooth. The food was good on the flight from Guangzhou, but from London had great afternoon tea refreshments. Free accommodation and shuttle service in Guangzhou while transiting, which was nice. Great experience, but I would more likely to consider less transit next time.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A330
RouteLondon to Perth via Wuhan & Guangzhou

"service was excellent"

Trip Verified | Beijing to London via Sanya. At Check-in at Beijing the staff did their best to comply with your request. Everything was dealt with in a orderly way, keeping the customers informed of boarding progress. This was my first time flying from Beijing to London with a transit at Sanya Airport. At Sanya the Domestic and International terminals are within walking distance of each other. The flight from Sanya to London was not full, but service was excellent and cabin crew had nice smiles.
RouteBeijing to London via Sanya
Date FlownNovember 2019

"team leader was wonderful"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Beijing via Guangzhou in May 2019. The connecting flight from Beijing to Guangzhou was delayed which has caused me missed my flight from Guangzhou back to Melbourne. The team leader on the Beijing to GuangZhou flight was wonderful and made sure that everything worked well for me. She talked to the ground staff at GuangZhou airport and ensure that I stayed at the nearby hotel for my early morning connection flight. Ground staff at Baiyun airport, please treat your long term Business Class passengers with respect. Hopefully, next time if I need to have another unexpected overnight stay due delayed flight, please arrange a nice room at Pullman hotel rather than trying push me to a 3-star hotel and 30 minutes away from the airport.
RouteMelbourne to Beijing via Guangzhou
Date FlownMay 2019

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review