China Southern Airlines

"Excellent cabin staff service"

(China)

Trip Verified | New York to Guangzhou. Excellent cabin staff service. There are three meals including night snack、dinner and breakfast,I choose Chinese type:night snack- Wonton Noodles;dinner- cod fish;breakfast-porridge served with dimsum. Frankly I love all these food,they all quite good. Although there is no WiFi On Board,there are lots of movies、TV series and music,
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteNew York to Guangzhou
Date FlownJuly 2019

"It was a pleasant journey"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Frankfurt. Overall, the cabin service was professional, and also warm and welcoming. Upon boarding the flight attendent assisted passengers placing baggage in the storage. Individual care was given to passengers with kids or babies. Blankets, candies and milks were brought to them. In the last, the knee room was also generous for the modern standard. I am 1.8m, and still fits comfortably in the seat with a least 15cm to the seat in front of me. It was a pleasant journey, hope they can keep up with such quality.
RouteGuangzhou to Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2019

"was a pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Melbourne via Guangzhou. It was just couple minutes before check-in completed as I got to the airport in Bangkok. Flight from Bangkok to Guangzhou. Food was ok, no in-flight WiFi and individual entertainment available. Flight from Guangzhou to Melbourne was much better. Aircraft type, new A330-300. Seat was roomy and comfortable. Individual entertainment system got a lot of options. I applied in-flight WiFi, it cost me 3000 mileage, and I think it worth it, made my journey less boring. Flight attendants were super nice. Overall it was a pleasant experience.
AircraftBoeing 737 / A330
RouteBangkok to Melbourne via Guangzhou
Date FlownJuly 2019

"extremely friendly and polite"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Guangzhou. Their staff is world class and extremely friendly and polite. The food was great, good sized servings, and unlimited drink pours. Being able to have some drinks, sleep in a spacious flatbed seat, wake up almost 10 hours later for breakfast prior to watching a movie (broad selection), and then getting off the plane is a travel experience second to none.
RouteLos Angeles to Guangzhou

China Southern Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Beijing to Changsha. Boarding started on time, however, we were told on the bus that due to air traffic control reasons our flight were unable to depart, meaning that we had to return back to the terminal. After that, we weren't told any additional information or how long the wait will be while we sat watching other flights leave on time. Boarding finally started 3 hours behind schedule with no announcement or apology. The A321 clearly showed signs of age, as the seat cushions were worn out and flattened by years of use, making the seat uncomfortable. The flight was only 2 hours long, but we were served a hot meal (which included rice, fish and chicken) around an hour after departure along with a bottle of water. The food itself tasted bland and flavourless but I was pleasantly surprised at the fact that China Southern even serves food as some Chinese carriers only hand out bottled water on flights of similar lengths. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised at China Southern’s service, however, it's customer service and cabin do require a lot of improvement.
RouteBeijing to Changsha
Date FlownJune 2019

"the service has got better"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Auckland to Phuket via Guangzhou. We have flown with China Southern for our past 3 trips long haul and the service has got better and better. The staff are improving with their English making the flight more relaxed and it is now great that they can understand and communicate with you. On our last trip in June 2019 we were introduced to our Business flight attendant who was very very welcoming and attentive to our needs. The seats are great plenty of room and the food which we pre book was great too.
RouteAuckland to Phuket via Guangzhou
Date FlownJune 2019

"very helpful and professional"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Shanghai, via Guangzhou. My flight from Melbourne to Guangzhou got delayed, as there was a thunder storm in Guangzhou. We flew around the city for quite a while, so I missed my connecting flight. The purser told a ground staff about my situation as soon as they opened the gate, and then the ground staff took me to the transit centre and put me on the last flight flying out that day. They flight was pretty good. Seat arrangement was 2-4-2, I got plenty of space, but the cushion was too firm, not so comfy. The food was delicious, and we got snacks between two meals. In-flight WiFi worked along the way, not so bad. I enjoyed checking social and email when was bored. It just cost some mileage, by applying on the official app. Nice crew, very helpful and professional. Great flight.
RouteMelbourne to Shanghai via Guangzhou
Date FlownJune 2019

"a very enjoyable flight"

(China)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Guangzhou. It was a very enjoyable flight because of the company with the crews. I appreciate them very much especially the purser who was enthusiastic, hardworking and dedicated. Staff cleaned the toilet when everyone came out from it, which kept it a good and comfortable environment.
RouteAmsterdam to Guangzhou

"thank the crew members"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to New York via Guangzhou. Melbourne to New York, via Guangzhou. Firstly, I would like to thank the crew members who helped me with my special food request. As a vegetarian, I only eat plant based food. It can be sort of a struggle for me, specially when I'm travelling, and I'm not familiar with the food booking procedures of each airline. I didn't book my special meal, but the crew gave me fruits, veggies and bread. They were very nice and can speak good English. The seat was not so good though, but I did enjoy watching a lot of fun movies and TV shows. During my 16 hour transfer, I was being offered a hotel room in someplace call Huadu near the airport and got a minibus picking me up. The whole thing was long and exhausting, but it was pretty smooth. I would definitely choose China Southern next time.
AircraftA330 / Boeing 777
RouteMelbourne to New York via Guangzhou
Date FlownJune 2019

"new schedule involved extra stop"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Manila via Guangzhou on 5th March. They canceled my flight without informing me - I only found out about that during the second leg of the flight. Coerced me into accepting a new flight schedule that involved an extra stop and nearly 10 extra hours of waiting around at airports. The ordeal was hellish, to say the least. The staff did little to nothing to make the nightmare of a trip any better - all they did was offer a templated response (we are sorry, hope you fly with us again ). The staff on the flights were not that fussed about customer care.
RouteAmsterdam to Manila via Guangzhou
Date FlownMarch 2019

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review