China Southern Airlines

"missed our connecting flight"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Yangon to Beijing via Guangzhou. We had tickets with 1 hour 55 min layover in Guangzhou. Our first flight arrived on time but then we stuck on immigration for 1 hour 30 min with no chance to speed up the procedure because our passports were taken by border officer. We ran to the gate as fast as it was possible but missed our connecting flight CZ3111 on 12 January. Then we went to the China Southern counter and asked to allow us take any following flight but were refused. So we had to buy a new tickets. Well done China Southern: you sell tickets with obviously too short connections and take no care about passengers who trust you and buy these tickets. I tried to ask for compensation because this was not our fault, but received only "sorry".
RouteYangon to Beijing via Guangzhou
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"there's no WiFi onboard"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Manila via Guangzhou. On my way from Melbourne to Guangzhou, business class was pretty empty, just 5 to 6 passengers. The cabin was quiet and the seat was cozy. Flight attendants were nice and attentive. I enjoyed the food, but there's no WiFi onboard. Transit was smooth, and my checked baggage was tagged to Manila. Had breakfast in the lounge while I was waiting. Boeing 737 on my way to Manila, flight attendants met the standard.
RouteMelbourne to Manila via Guangzhou

"Business class is nice"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Denpasar Bali to Guangzhou. Business class on Boeing 737-800 is nice, two rows in 2-2 config. The seats are standard for this type of aircraft, they are wide and soft but hard to sleep on, the legroom is small in the first row. It has personal IFE for business class, and overhead screens for economy. The screens are not the newest type. On the flight of 5h 5min you gets 1 meal, it was nice, with dine-on-demand. Food was nice, but people, that don't like Chinese food will like only main dish. Crew were friendly, and plane was clean.
RouteBali to Guangzhou

"it is very comfortable"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Moscow via Wuhan. The seat was in old 2-2-2 config, but it was soft, you receive big blanket and pillow. There are 3 meals on this flight, first after takeoff to Wuhan. Second one is after takeoff to Moscow, the food was delicious, the last one was before landing, it was also nice!! Also on this flight is dine-on-demand, it is very comfortable. The crew were friendly and kind.
AircraftA330-200
RouteGuangzhou to Moscow via Wuhan

China Southern Airlines customer review

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Christchurch to Kuala Lumpur via Guangzhou. This is the 2nd time my husband and I have flown on China Southern Airlines. Our seats were surprisingly comfortable for a long haul flight, (11 hours the first flight), good leg room, food was very tasty, all in flight services worked well. Most importantly the Cabin Crew were great! Friendly, professional and attentive! We felt really happy and fortunate to be flying on this airline.
AircraftBoeing 787 / 737
RouteChristchurch to Kuala Lumpur via Guangzhou

"Crews are friendly"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Guangzhou. Crews are friendly, I was taking my 10 months old son with me, and crews are very nice and patient when we need something. They gave my son a toys to play when he was crying. I will choose China southern airline again because the good services they provide to me.
RouteSydney to Guangzhou
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"gave me a seat I didn't like"

Trip Verified | Paris to Melbourne via Guangzhou. I spent additional $50 to reserve a seat, but the moment I checked in when I arrived at Paris, the ground staff gave me a seat I didn't like without a fair explanation. I asked a flight attendant what happened after I got onboard, and they sent another ground staff to answer my question. She told me they can't find my request on they office network, she suggested that I should ask my money back from the agent who sold me my ticket. The transit service was pretty good in Guangzhou, but I didn't get my reserved seat as well, the ground staff in Guangzhou told me the same thing. The later flight to Melbourne was very nice. The crew onboard offered me a seat on the first row with a good leg space. Food was good too. Movies and shows were well updated. Next time I would definitely book my ticket on their official website.
RouteParis to Melbourne via Guangzhou

"a pretty nice flight"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Melbourne via Guangzhou. My first flight was on an A321. The entertainment system got a decent selection of program. The beverage they had was alright, but I didn't like the food very much. Crew told me that I can book special food next time. I tried online as soon as we landed, but I should do it 24 hours before departure. I spent some time in the lounge before I got on my next flight. The next flight aircraft was changed due to some mechanical difficulty. So I took the shuttle bus to get onboard. I was so surprised how comfortable the new A330 was with a wide seat. Flight attendants were nice. I enjoyed the food and had a good rest. Plus, they got WiFi, which was good. Overall it's a pretty nice flight. I recommend it.
AircraftA321/A330
RouteBangkok to Melbourne via Guangzhou
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"entertainment is very limited"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | New York to Manila via Guangzhou. The cabin crew were present and attentive to passengers’ calls. The seat width and legroom are comfortable, but the recline is not that much. The choice of entertainment is very limited though because the choice of movies were either old or uninteresting, that I only managed to watch one movie for such a long flight.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteNew York to Manila via Guangzhou
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"more comfortable this time"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Osaka to Amsterdam via Guangzhou. Maybe because of the old A330 was used from Osaka to Guangzhou, facilities of the first leg was not so good, especially the old and hard seat. I didn't have many choices of food and beverage, even no fresh juice, not to mention taste. VIP lounge in Guangzhou was nice and comfortable, they have quite a good range of snacks and beverages. Not just many billboards were placed inside, the ground team came for boarding reminder. Lucky that new A330 was used between Guangzhou and Amsterdam, more comfortable this time in general, more varieties of food and drinks were provided on board. Nice stewards in the cabin, they helped me when I rang the bell. Hope China Southern can improve its hardware in future.
RouteOsaka to Amsterdam via Guangzhou

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review