China Southern Airlines

"a very comfortable feeling"

(China)

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Adelaide. This flight is the most satisfied that I took this year. The cabin crew are warm and earnest. The food on the flight is delicious. The whole trip gave me a very comfortable feeling. Thank you for the excellent service.
RouteGuangzhou to Adelaide
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Highly recommend"

Trip Verified | Travelled with my toddler son from Melbourne to Rome via Guangzhou. Melbourne to Guangzhou the flight attendants kept asking me what I need, and helped me with the formula for my son and taking care of him when I went to use the lavatory. My stroller was checked and tagged to Rome, so I got a little preoccupied during the transit. A ground staff took my luggage for me, lead us to the transit counter and got the formalities done pretty quick. The food onboard was ok, I wasn’t really hungry. Inflight WiFi was available from Melbourne to Guangzhou, but wasn’t on my second flight. I hope they can make it work on every flight, since it’s a good way to kill time. Thanks to all the nice people who helped me along the way. Highly recommend.
RouteMelbourne to Rome via Guangzhou

"I enjoyed both flights"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | Taipei to Shanghai Pudong and return. Flight attendants are nice and helpful. The meals were delicious and fresh. The seats are comfortable. I enjoyed both flights.
RouteTaipei to Shanghai Pudong

"very unpleasant journey"

Trip Verified | I experienced a very unpleasant journey from Guangzhou to Melbourne (QF330 on 28 September) with very unhelpful staff. I was carrying my 8 moth old baby on my lap for nine hours and the staff didn’t bother to help me to even buckle my infant seat belt. When I asked for water the girl refused twice saying we are not open yet. I have no idea what are they waiting to open when every other airline will serve water any time we ask. Staff cannot speak basic English to me. My food was tasteless. I would like to suggest to include their pay for the infant bassinet in advanced policy (that other airline provides without charging money) when purchasing the ticket.
RouteGuangzhou to Melbourne
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"crew enlightened my trip"

(China)

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Guangzhou I was in Economy class and the traveler next to me kept bothering me during the beginning of the flight. When I report the issue to crew, they helped me switch seat. When I asked for extra meal, they offer me a full plate. The crew enlightened my trip and I am looking forward to fly with them again.
RouteVancouver to Guangzhou
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"price of my ticket was a great deal"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Melbourne via Guangzhou. I booked special meal (only fruit) online. My meal onboard was delicious but I still felt hungry after I finished. A nice attendant brought me more fruit and salad. The seat was ok, it got pretty decent leg room, but the cushion towards my neck was kinda firm. WiFi was available, but I thought it was a waste of mileage, so I chose to watch a movie to kill time. The price of my ticket was a great deal.
AircraftBoeing 737 / A330
RouteSingapore to Melbourne via Guangzhou
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"cabin service was excellent"

(China)

Trip Verified | Wuhan to London. The cabin service was excellent and friendly. The seats are fine because of the footrest and headrest. But the entertainment system is too outdated. The touchscreen is not sensitive and accurate. And the map gives too little information that interests aviation enthusiasts. But there are many films available. The Boeing 788's entertainment system needs to be updated, both in hardware and software. Oh and wifi.
RouteWuhan to London
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"was a very satisfactory flight"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Guangzhou. The cabin environment is clean and quality service and friendly service of stewardesses make me feel very comfortable. The staff gave great help to a mother who was alone with the child. Diet advice. Chicken and rice are a little salty. In short, it was a very satisfactory flight.
RouteMelbourne to Guangzhou

China Southern Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Nha Trang via Guangzhou. Melbourne to Guangzhou, was on an A330. Though the seat cushion was a little bit too firm, I had a good rest. In-flight W-Fi was available but application needed prior departure. So I spent quite some time on movies. It was a good collection. Flight attendants were patient and friendly. They served warm pork bum and noodles between two meals. It was a nice transit in Guangzhou Baiyun Airport. It was a great experience flying with China Southern.
AircraftA330/B737
RouteMelbourne to Nah Trang via Guangzhou
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"service is kind and warm hearted"

(China)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Beijing. I order the special meal from the APP of China Southern Airlines, after 20 mins of departure, the staff took the food that I order to me. Other cabin service is good which includes providing the hot towel, the comfortable cabin, entertainment equipment and so on. I would thank the crew whose service is kind and warm hearted!
RouteAmsterdam to Beijing

China Southern Airlines Photos

China Southern Airlines is a state-owned airline and a member of SkyTeam alliance. Its main hub airport is Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, the airline operates more than 600 passenger aircraft, including Boeing 787, Boeing 777 and Boeing 737 and Airbus A380, A330, A321, A320 and A319. China Southern Airlines fleet is ranked the largest in Asia and the fifth largest in the world.

FIRST CLASS

A380 is equipped with eight private flat-bed suites. IFE is via a 23-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 and A330 have 4 cocoon seats, and IFE is via a 17 or 19-inch LCD TV.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

A380 seats recline to a full flat bed. IFE is via a 15-inch flat-screen LCD TV. Boeing 787 / A330 seats recline to full flat bed with 2x2x2 cabin layout. IFE via 15-inch LCD TV.

LONG HAUL
flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
AVODAudio / video on demand
DiningOn demand dining (*not all flights)
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

China Southern Airlines cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 17.2 - 17.5 ins
No WiFiOnboard WiFi
power_iconUSB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets

LOUNGES

At Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, premium customers have use of the China Southern Airlines First and Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
SleepingBedrooms
2_6_spacer

» China Southern Lounge reviews

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for China Southern Airlines fleet. We have provided you a direct link to China Southern Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

IFE

China Southern Airlines provides 600+ hours of entertainment programs on newest aircraft where audio/video program systems are installed.
» View latest IFE Guide

ONBOARD DINING

First Class entrée dish

Business Class beef noodle soup

FIRST CLASS : REVIEW

A modern Boeing 787 with comfortable flat bed, nice comfort attributes and amenities, reasonable IFE, attentive and friendly staff../

» Read the Flight Review