British Airways

"came to me to give me his pillow"

Trip Verified | Dubai to London. My husband and I traveled together. He got business class, my ticket was a last minute add-on, so was Premium Economy instead. After we boarded, my husband came to me to give me his pillow, so I got settled and started sleeping. I was woken up by a flight attendant who grabbed the pillow that my husband gave me and saying that, There is a lady in business class is missing a pillow, did I take the pillow. I told her I didn’t, and the pillow was given to me. I stood up and told her it wasn’t Ok for her to accuse me of stealing a pillow, and I’ll show her whom my husband is who gave me the pillow. I located my husband in the business class, apparently, his seat had 1 extra pillow and so he gave me the extra one. He offered to give his pillow to the flight attendant who said there was no need and he could keep it.
RouteDubai to London
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"service that needs training"

Trip Verified | London to Cape Town. Gone are the days in which British Airways was a great airline. Weird seat configuration, service that needs training, horrible food and no internet in business class are basic services offered by most of the airlines but not by BA.
RouteLondon to Cape Town

"packed out seating"

Not Verified | Rio de Janeiro to London . Economy - packed out seating, awful food, very narrow seats, uncomfortable, expensive add ons (seat choice, luggage), try to match Norwegian pricing on the Rio route, IFE was iffy. My back and legs have been terrible for 3 days (I paid £77 for an exit seat), the breakfast served was unfit for me, I took my own drinks and some food items. Long haul is getting the same as short. Come prepared!
RouteRio de Janeiro to London

"require a transit visa"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Dublin via London. I get to the counter and require a transit visa. Since when and why if you are in the same terminal even. There was no support, guidance or remorse from the staff. I also had a non refundable hotel booking in Dublin! BA need to communicate such changes.
RouteJohannesburg to Dublin via London

"backward facing seats"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Paris via London. The staff were great, but the 747 was the most uncomfortable flight in business class I’ve experienced. The aisle seat felt like I was sitting in the aisle, a business class configuration of 2-4-2. That’s a tight squeeze. And,there were backward facing seats. The seats were not only uncomfortable but just so many things wrong with the configuration. I was just glad I didn’t pay full price for this flight.
RouteLas Vegas to Paris via London

"I want a refund"

Trip Verified | BA cancelled my return flight on 09-Feb-20 from Geneva to Gatwick due to storm Ciara. They rebooked me onto a later flight, then cancelled that as well. Since then, I heard nothing more and I was left on my own to buy a new return flight. I've tried calling them several times every day, but they are not answering their phones, claiming they are too busy to talk to customers. They cancelled my flight, so I want a refund, but so far there is no way of getting through to them.
RouteGeneva to Gatwick
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"crew was amazingly kind and lovely"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Mexico City to Manchester via London. My plane from Mexico City to London was smooth. Entertainment was quite nice and so was the food; although I chose a window seat and was never informed it wasn't actually the window, but a wall! The crew was amazingly kind and lovely. They're always checking on you, and we even got a Magnum! Loved this airline for my first flight ever.
RouteMexico City to Manchester via London
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"a good experience with no major complaints"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Sofia. A good experience onboard one of BAs recently refreshed A321 cabins, although unfortunately without any in-seat power supply, contrary to what is stated on their website about which aircraft types were due to get in-seat power following refresh. Another thing to add to the list of inconsistencies with the BA product. However the flight overall was very good. As usual an extremely efficient pre-flight experience at Heathrow's excellent T5. Fast track security was fast, as expected. Galleries Club Lounge was pretty good, and not too crowded. Boarding was smooth with priority boarding honoured as usual. The crew were excellent and provided a very attentive service, with plently of drinks runs given the slightly longer distance of the flight. The food pretty good for a shorthaul business class offering. I found the seats to be pretty comfortable and legroom reasonable for a 5 ft 11" chap. So overall a good experience with no major complaints.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Sofia
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Arriving late to board"

Trip Verified | I was to fly to Melbourne from Manchester via London and Singapore in July 2019. Arriving late to board my Heathrow flight, the Check-In-Staff discussed my dilemma with her supervisor. Only option being to find my way to Heathrow. I somehow managed to get to Heathrow in time where only the Singapore to Melbourne Boarding Pass was issued. I was told that because Manchester to Heathrow flight was missed, my Heathrow to Singapore was cancelled.
RouteManchester to Melbourne via London / Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2019

"a pathetic premium cabin"

Trip Verified | Madrid to London. I keep giving BA the benefit of the doubt, but things are getting worse not better. This A321 has cramped business class seats, no middle table any more and frankly this is a pathetic premium cabin. Despite every statement they make about catering improvements, i simply refer to meal photos on this route in 2016 or 2017 to see they have severely cut back on meal portions and cost. Iberia staff in Madrid were all very nice, cabin staff okay, but overall Club Europe is not worth the money - don't waste your money on this.
AircraftA321neo
RouteMadrid to London

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL