British Airways

"not what you'd expect from a premium product"

Not Verified | I was travelling back from Mexico City on a business trip. Fully aware of the covid safety restrictions at the moment, which the staff do an admirable job with - but nevertheless a lot to say on the state of BA First at the moment. Firstly - no lounge at all at Mexico City Terminal 2. There's a paid lounge, but the check in staff wouldn't help with the details. Mexico City Terminal 1 has functional lounges for AeroMexico working. Not good enough for an expensive ticket. Finally got to board and the staff are incredible - but throughout they were super apologetic as to what was to come. The food was literally inedible in First and staff offered commented as much every time. So for an 11 hour trip in First the option really was chocolate or crisps. The first suite on the flight had visible signs of wear and tear and needs some attention. The seat would not easily convert to a bed. It had scuff marks around it and generally looked a bit shabby. Again, not what you'd expect from a premium product. I left my watch on the flight in error and contacted BA immediately about this. Despite assurances that they have a comprehensive cleaning process during Covid my watch was never found. BA has outsourced their lost and found service to a separate company and in the process they have completely washed their hands on helping out customers. Given that I told them specifically where I'd left the watch I can only assume that one of the cleaning staff decided to keep it. All in all, you pay premium on a flight for additional service. BA isn't offering it at the moment. If it is essential that you have to fly really don't bother with first unless you have to - or go to another airline. The company just don't care.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteMexico City to London Heathrow
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Absolutely disgraceful"

Not Verified | Charge £700 fee to make an amendment to a booked holiday well in advance. Absolutely disgraceful. Their site says £30 fees for amendments and when you ring up they say that you ticked the terms and conditions box and refer to page 27 of terms and conditions and use it to charge you an extortionate amount. I received nothing but bad attitude and rudeness from the representative.
RouteLondon to Maldives
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Good service the whole way"

Not Verified | Good service the whole way. Nothing exceptional but it was only a short flight. Plane was clean and refreshments were provided. My only issue is that the flight was packed - understandable as it was just before Chirstmas but surely it is not wise to have strangers sitting so close to each other during a pandemic, even with the masks? My return flight was cancelled but it was easy to transfer to a new flight so no issues there either - just hoping for a little more personal space next time! Also wi-fi did not work. I also liked that they had a system for boarding and disembarking to avoid everyone rushing at the same time, brought in for the pandemic I'm sure but I hope this is something they continue into the future as it made the experience much more pleasant. Value for money marked down only because the Christmas flights were so expensive! To be expected though, I know.
RouteHeathrow to Belfast

British Airways customer review

Not Verified | I entered the plane with a bunch of white flowers and a flight attendant joked that I should have felt obliged to bring the flowers, when she realized that I was going to my Mother's funeral with the flowers she was apologetic (she had no idea why I was bringing in flowers) but the crew were very nice to me during this flight.
RouteLondon to Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"I do want to thank BA"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to fly with Aeroflot on the 23rd of December to Moscow. But because Russia has closed its borders, like the majority of other countries, the flight was canceled, and I couldn’t get home. I’ve also tried to fly through Antalya, but the same situation occurred. On my third try, I came to Heathrow and tried to fly away to Cairo. I was declined by another company. Then I went to British Airways. Starting from testing (because Egypt requires tests), as stressful as the whole situation was, the employees were outstanding! (I’m not sure is it connected to BA, but still, I want to mention this). The crew was very helpful and extremely understanding, very professional and urgent to help, they have been a great help and I am very gracious for this. I want to separately point out one employee - Shanell (if I am not mistaken, who works at Collision testing center in Heathrow Terminal 5). She is a savior and most importantly a human, which is very rare nowadays! Carrying on, I went to BA check-in, but unfortunately couldn’t do it, as my results didn’t go through yet. However, another outstanding employee who provided great help called her colleagues and arranged for the booking to be frozen until the results arrive. I’ve come to her 3 times with additional questions, and every time she was very patient, professional, and happy to help. After I got my results I came back to Heathrow on 24th, but unfortunately, there were no flights to Cairo, the situation became even more complicated (I will spare the details). However, here again, brilliant employees of BA offered their personal assistance and showed sympathy and humanity towards me. The nicest lady I’ve ever met, unfortunately, I didn’t catch her name, but I am aware it was her first day at BA and that she is Egyptian, followed me throughout my struggles, offered me emotional and professional support. She tried to find any possible ways for me to get back home and actually did. She was open to any kind of help and was enormously helpful for which I can’t thank her enough. She also asked her colleague to help me, which he kindly did. Lastly, the nice lady (shame I don’t know her name) also shared my struggles with her colleague Mani who came to substitute her on the position. He was very friendly and attentive as well, talked me through the process, offered different ways I can stay at the airport, gave his phone to call, and offered to drop me off at the hotel, which he did not have to do whatsoever. To conclude, I merely want to thank all of these individuals one more time, as they have been a great help both in physical and mental aspects, I honestly do not know what would I do if I haven’t met them. I don’t know was I just lucky to meet these people or all BA employees are of the same morality, but I do want to thank BA for hiring and providing jobs for these great human beings as well as upholding the standard for other airlines! For some people, the help that was provided to me might seem like a normal thing to do. However, for me, it was a pleasant and so much needed surprise. As no one in
RouteLondon to Cairo
Date FlownDecember 2020

"passengers with masks below nose"

Trip Verified | Dubai to London on 5th December. Flight was ok - seat comfortable enough, crew reasonably friendly but my food was gross. Both flights almost full with little social distancing and plenty of mixed groups sat next to each other. Lots of passengers with masks below nose or not on at all. When coming back to Heathrow many seemed to have below their nose. Announcement made at the beginning about masks. Crew challenged a couple of people at beginning of flight for not having them on or below nose but seemed to give up at the end. When leaving plane good number had already taken off yet nothing. On way back not a single maskless or incorrectly worn mask challenged. A guy opposite me had his mask below nose the whole flight. He had a conversation with several attendants neither of whom said anything. Not like the crew were busy either, did 2 services the whole flight then rest of the time didn’t see them. Of course flying in these times is a risk but those risks can be reduced by passengers wearing masks, enforced by the airlines.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Dubai
Date FlownJuly 2020

"happy with product and would use again"

Trip Verified | This is my first flight since January. We have had three cancellations which BA handled superbly. But this flight went ahead. Check in at LHR was fine, no fast track se unity at T5. Galleries South lounge open, they have an app system, it seemed to work well and my breakfast arrived quickly. Followed this with a shower (they are open-limited hours). Flight on time and well presented A321. Staff worked hard, nice drinks run, the packed lunch was not dissimilar to the old short haul economy product but was fine in these times. Landed on time, priority baggage cane off late. Overall, happy with product and would use again.
RouteLondon to Tenerife
Date FlownDecember 2020

"It's not at all child friendly"

Not Verified | I had a direct flight from London to Lahore and travelling with them was a nightmare. They did not have milk for my son's bottle, didn't even give warm water for his formula milk. No kids meals, no snacks. Meal portion size was tiny, 1/4 glass of juice. You literally have to beg them for drinks water etc.. Staff was so rude and treated us like trash. If you compare them with Emirates, I would give Emirates 10/10 and British airways 2/10. It's not at all child friendly. I will never travel with them again.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Lahore
Date FlownDecember 2020

"my experience with BA was very positive"

Not Verified | Overall I have to say I am really pleased with the service BA provided, given the circumstances which must be particularly challenging for airlines. I had to call BA a few times regarding both my outbound and return flight and I would rate their customer service 10/10. Everyone I talked to was extremely friendly and helpful, one employee even tried to help me figure out the recently updated arrival regulations from an Italian website and listened to my rant about constantly changing restrictions and quarantines. I was refunded promptly for part of my flight that had been cancelled and I was able to change my return flight to a completely different route and date with only a minimal charge. They have really shown flexibility here, which is needed when travelling in 2020. The flight itself was fine and I appreciate that food and drink options are currently a bit limited, given that everyone should wear their mask as much as possible rather than sipping tea. The one thing - which I mean as constructive criticism though - I think BA could improve is a little more exchange with their destination airports. The arrival sheets for Italy we were given on the flight were outdated and the ground staff in Heathrow in charge of the boarding procedure did not even know that swab tests were now mandatory for arrivals in Italy when I asked him whether he knew any details of what to expect in Venice. That's fine on the first day after (yet another) update, but this rule had been in place for 4 days on the day I travelled. Overall my experience with BA was very positive though and I am happy to spend a little more on my flight than I would with some cheaper airlines for the great customer service I received.
RouteLondon to Venice
Date FlownOctober 2020

"refunded my tickets within 2 working days"

Trip Verified | I am extremely pleased with British Airways as they refunded my tickets Munich-London City-Munich within 2 working days in a friendly and professional manner: the difference between British Airways and Lufthansa is night and day. Friendly, professional and prompt are 3 adjectives to describe BA, while Lufthansa is best summed up as arrogant, impossible to contact and ignorant. Well Done and Best Wishes to all at British Airways.
RouteMunich to London
Date FlownNovember 2019

British Airways Photos

British Airways is the flag carrier of the United Kingdom, with its main hub being at London Heathrow Airport where it operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3. The airline also has substantial operations from Gatwick Airport. British Airways is a member of Onweworld alliance, and part of International Airlines Group (IAG).

FIRST CLASS

British Airways offers First Class on many long haul routes operated by widebody aircraft (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 777, Boeing 787 and the A380). Most aircraft have 14 flat-bed seats in First Class, and 8 seats on the Boeing 787-9.

flat_seatsFlat bed seat / suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas / Sleepsuit
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Branded as Club World for long haul and Club Europe for short haul services, British Airways was one of the pioneers of flat bed seats in long haul business class. The product is overdue an upgrade, with the seat layout on a Boeing 777 being 8-across in contrast to the more standard 4-across layout. British Airways Club Europe cabin uses a standard Economy class seat, with the middle of each 3-across section left empty. British Airways charges business class customers to reserve seats for both long haul and short haul flights..

LONG HAUL

In-seat &/or USB power
Inflight entertainment
DiningComplimentary meal / snack

PREMIUM ECONOMY

British Airways offers a premium economy cabin on their long haul / widebody aircraft, branded as World Traveller Plus. With the exception of the larger seat, the onboard service and product varies little to the standard long haul Economy class.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 38 ins
Seat widthSeat width : 18.5 ins
power_iconUSB power
DiningComplimentary meal
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillow / blanket

ECONOMY CLASS

British Airways has been reducing economy class standards recently and now charge for all food and beverages on short haul services. Further cuts are expected to their long haul product standards. The cabins are branded as World Traveller for long haul, and EuroTraveller for short haul.

LONG HAUL