Breeze Airways

"use your hard earned money elsewhere"

Trip Verified | After multiple delays Flight MX327 left White Plains, NY for New Orleans, LA. Flight was characterized as a breeze through Jacksonville, FL ie no requirement to get off the plane. Flight lands late around 11pm and then they say we will not be continuing on this evening so sleep in the airport or grab a hotel, your choice. So people with no business in Jacksonville FL found themselves scrambling to find accommodation. Passengers were told flight would resume in the morning with a 9am departure, it is now almost 11am and everyone is still at Jacksonville airport. The Breeze app is worthless as you cannot get your new boarding pass the following day after a delayed flight. This created numerous issues for travelers when trying to get through TSA security. After multiple attempts to text, call, email Breeze Airways we have yet to hear anything other than the flight was canceled. I would say use your hard earned money elsewhere. These guys don’t know how to run a customer focused business.
RouteWhite Plains to New Orleans via Jacksonville
Date FlownNovember 2022

"definitely be riding with Breeze again"

Trip Verified | This was my first time flying Breeze Airways and I had only heard good things. As I was checking into my flight I realized that I had booked 2 flight for my friend and I and made a mistake with the name on the second flight not permitting her pass to be printed. I was directed to their help center which I was uneasy about since I had used Allegiant's call center just months earlier and waited on hold for 3 hours. Since my flight was taking off within the hour i headed to the text center and got a response from Margie within minutes. She was extremely helpful and within 15 minutes she had helped me switch the name on my second pass to be printed. I was so nervous that I wouldn't be able to get on my flight but the customer service was above and beyond to help me even at 7:30 in the evening! Both Aresha at the counter and Margie on customer service were so helpful! I will definitely be riding with Breeze again.
RouteProvo to Las Vegas
Date FlownNovember 2022

"do not recommend flying Breeze"

Trip Verified | I commute back and forth between Florida and Massachusetts and have flown Breeze frequently in the last year. I found the staff to be mostly courteous, if not always knowledgeable about delays or rules for baggage (in my case allowances for separate bag of medical equipment). The seats are comfortable and not as tightly packed in as other airlines like Spirit, which I have also flown quite a bit. Lately, however, every flight has been delayed, causing problems with rides on either end of the flight. My flight the day before Thanksgiving was cancelled and so I missed Thanksgiving with my family because alternative airlines did not offer feasible prices or flights. I took the next Breeze flight out of Sarasota which was delayed multiple times and my rides to and from the airport had to cancel, which was expensive and time consuming. Flights are often delayed on the tarmac as well, waiting on maintenance issues and waiting for runways, or waiting for a gate upon return. Of course, waiting on a plane is much worse for passengers than waiting in the airport. While I initially was thrilled with the prices and nonstop options, I do not recommend flying Breeze unless you have unlimited time, patience and no problem finding rides to and from the airport.
RouteSarasota to Hartford
Date FlownNovember 2022

"No help or interest whatsoever"

Trip Verified | After 6 delays some at the last minute my flight from Hartford to Tampa left 11 hours late. After a two-hour wait in Charleston, the flight was cancelled at 2:30 on Sunday morning. Gate staff were more than useless. No help or interest whatsoever. A mom with three little kids was near-hysterical with no place to go. Then they closed the gate area, ended up sleeping on airport bench until rental car kiosk opened and drove 7 hours to Tampa. Meanwhile, they sent me numerous texts rescheduling flight (first one was 8.30 pm next evening, then that was delayed three times and then finally cancelled also). Are you a masochist? Then attempt to fly Breeze.
RouteHartford CT to Tampa FL via Charleston
Date FlownNovember 2022

"show what flying should be like"

Trip Verified | Delta Platinum Medallion flyer for over 10 years, and Northwest before that. I gladly take Breeze anytime possible from Fort Myers, Sarasota, Charleston and Hartford. Planes are new, seats are spacious and comfortable, the lavatories are larger then the phone booths on most legacy carriers where if you are 6'-2" or taller good luck hitting your head on the fuselage ceiling. Occasional delays but they always got to the destination and in the process saved connections in ATL, CLT, LGA and 3 or 4 extra hours to get where you wanted to go because the fare jockeys at United, Delta, American all believe the shortest flight duration you should pay more for to gild their pockets. Love Breeze hope they expand service and show what flying should be like.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteFt Myers to Charleston

"I have no complaints"

Trip Verified | Flew the day before thanksgiving without any issues what so ever. I have always flown delta but have to stop in Atlanta. I wanted to give this a shot with the giant price difference. Was 554$ for 2 tickets plus my baggage delta a little over 2k. I have no complaints. New clean plane. Nice helpful workers. Could def see the airline being under staffed at a larger airport or if they ran into issues. But none of that happened. I’m glad to have a cheap direct flight from MSY to SAV
AircraftE195
RouteNew Orleans to Savannah
Date FlownNovember 2022

"nothing for the added stress"

Trip Verified | The flight down kept getting delayed. Finally a captain announced that the 3 hr delay was becauze the first officer was delayed the night before and needed the 10hr break between flying days. Ok, fine. Then, for the return that's when the nightmare started. Breeze canceled my return flight at 2am the day of, after checking in with no notice of potential delay or cancelations. They do not help find a new flight or accommodate for added stress of finding a new, last minute flight. They did allow me to cancel for a full refund and will reimburse the difference from that to the cost of booking a new flight. So decent reimbursements but nothing for the added stress or help getting on a new flight. Luckily we had our accommodations at the destination for 1 extra night due to their reservation requirements, so we aren't having for fork out additional money for a hotel. Don't book with Breeze if you want to have any hope of your flights leaving as intended.
RouteBradley to Savannah
Date FlownNovember 2022

"they can’t seem to run the business"

Not Verified | Absolutely terrible. Had me check in only to cancel in the middle of the night for the day before thanksgiving! Claim staff issues? Why have me check in then? It’s great to have a direct flight from CT to Sarasota but they can’t seem to run the business - bad!
RouteHartford to Sarasota
Date FlownNovember 2022

"the worst airline hands down"

Trip Verified | Breeze is the worst airline hands down. They delayed my flight and made everyone wait 5 hours before canceling the flight. I got delayed 4 times before they canceled out of the blue. I had to contact them on FACEBOOK and wait 1 hour to find out that they had mechanical issues and that is why it was delayed (lady at the desk was no help. They also seemed way understaffed. Now I have to drive over 1 hour to LaGuardia Airport because they have no flights the next day (next flight is on black Friday after thanksgiving at the Hartford Airport). I also had to pay more money for the Delta flight to get to Jacksonville because my family took time off to see me and I am not there because they canceled the flight. If the planes have issues they should not being flying them.
RouteWestchester to Jacksonville
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Do not travel Breeze Airways"

Not Verified | Constant delays and after waiting some four hours, the flight was canceled yesterday - or rather "delayed" overnight to the next morning. Communication and information was spotty and no customer service number. We were told via email that because of FAA requirements, the crew had to rest. I checked in this morning at 8:30 am for a 10:20 flight only to be informed via email that the flight was now delayed until 11:50. Will I ever get off the ground and get home? What t fresh horror awaits us today at the hands of the bumbling Breeze? My advice: Do not travel Breeze Airways. Book another airline.
RouteWhite Plains to Sarasota