Batik Air

"never flying with this company again"

Trip Verified | Flight makes 1h30min of delay before departure without any email notice. Flight attendants were impolite and giving orders instead of asking politely. During flight when i asked if they had a food menu, i was told they did not have food anymore. When my husband asked, they told him they had noodles. We couldn't pay for water as we only had our bank cards (which they didn't take) and money in euros which they also don't take!). My husband needed his meds and although i have nicely asked for a free cup they did not give me one. When we landed we were without explanation for 15 minutes or so in the plane for no logical reason. I am never flying with this company again.
RouteBali to Kuala lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Moved flight three times"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Worst airline. Moved flight three times with no regard to connecting flights, visa expiry, personal need to arrive on the day. Not flight delays, complete three times date changes on the flights. We regret to inform you that your flight has been changed to xx date? Never seen this happen before. - Customer care doesn't pick phone, nor replies to mails. - Cannot cancel online. - Extremely rude staff at Subang airport when you go to their counter. They keep shuttling you from one point to another point. No answers, no responsibility.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Mumbai
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Do not recommend to anyone"

Trip Verified | The worst airline experience ever. I will never fly with them again. 2 hours of delay on first flights, as there was no engineer available to sign the approval for landing, very uncomfortable seats, they ran out of toilet paper in both flights, in the first they didn't have even tissues, you need to pay for everything, even for a glass of water. This is egregious as airport security usually don't allow water to be carried on-board on many international flights. They don't offer anything for free and even the options for purchase are very limited and expensive. Cup noodles to eat, and water, coffee, tea, Milo (with hot water) and two options of warm soda. One bag of tea is AU$4.As it was a night flight and it got very cold, I asked for a blanket and had to pay AU$9 for a piece of flannel. Needless to say that there was no entertainment system available. The absolute worst. Do not recommend to anyone.
RouteBrisbane to Bali
Date FlownJuly 2022

"flight seats were average"

Not Verified | I flew Batik from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur and my flight was delayed by 3 hours. Being a full service carrier, Batik offered no onboard beverage or meal service. The flight seats were average, and the crew were courteous. No inflight entertainment.
AircraftBoeing 737 - 800
RouteBangkok to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2022

"when food received it was trash"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Previously food was given free and quality was very good and tasty, now food must be purchased. Further purchase food are sucks and very small portion. When order looks good, when food received it was trash. Picture deceiving. Look at attached Picture vs Real
Aircraft737-800
Date FlownJune 2022

"for the price I paid, they impressed me"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Manado to Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta onboard ID6281. Ground staff at both Manado and Jakarta were all friendly, communicative, and very courteous. At first, they announced that the flight will be delayed for 30 minutes, but we ended up waiting for only 10. Upon boarding the ex-Batik Air Malaysia plane, I was greeted by a somehow-cold cabin crew and a pretty hot cabin. Then, I figured out that my plane had no in-flight entertainment screens at all. I was about to be disappointed but it turned out that they offered Wi-Fi-based in-flight entertainment through the Tripper app, which was very sublime with never-seen-before options. The absence of the music selection was covered by e-magazines, vlogs, and podcast selections alongside TV shows, games, movies, and many more. Some lags still happened, but this was miles better than their old IFE system (I'm referring to the old ones installed in older A320s and 737s, not their newer PK-LU* A320s). The seat was good enough for a long flight like this. As the flight progressed, the cabin crews became even friendlier, communicative, and attentive, although they were not as friendly as on my previous Batik Air flight. They could have been friendlier by explaining the food that I had - which I assume was a delicious, nicely presented grilled chicken with sautéed beans and carrots and a chocolate muffin. Overall, for the price I paid, they impressed me in several aspects including their new Wi-Fi based in-flight entertainment, but they obviously still have several rooms for improvement.
RouteManado to Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta
Date FlownMay 2022

"not flying again with you guys"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Batik air has been the worst airline for me. The rule as per the Batik Air website states that you need to carry a certificate of fitness from the doctor in case you are pregnant for more than 28 weeks. Also double confirmed from customer care about the rules. However, to my surprise, when reached at the airport counter, the check in staff doesn't want to listen and started to point out at a board on her desk. When I asked that, if I am supposed to check the rules coming to airport every day, she said yes. Later when I called the customer care and asked again, the answer was same and handed over the phone to her supervisor to make him understand but still the staff, as mentioned earlier, made their own rule of getting check up done by airport doctor. The doctor just checked BP and oxygen level which assured him that my wife is fit to fly. Certainly, not flying again with you guys.
RouteDenpasar to Jakarta
Date FlownMay 2022

"Terrible customer service"

(Indonesia)

Not Verified | I have flown 3 return trips with this airline this month. One trip was a business meeting in Jakarta, my 8am outbound was moved to 10amwhilst I was in the air the return was brought forward 2hrs from 16.30 to 14.30. Terrible customer service. When I tried to bring flight 6 forward to return early they attempted to charge me full price to downgrade from business to economy.
RouteDenpasar to Jakarta
Date FlownMarch 2022

"underhand business practices"

Trip Verified | Sent many emails trying to cancel our flights as the trip was cancelled due to the pandemic. Batik Air ignored them all and even refused to acknowledge we did not take the flight or provide us with a no show letter for our insurance company. I am shocked by the appalling underhand business practices they use.
RouteBali to Komodo
Date FlownApril 2020

"trying to get a refund"

Not Verified | I was due to fly on 15th April 2020 with Batik Air, on the 13th March 2020 I received an email advising they cancelled the flights (note this was before the Australian COVID-19 Restriction were put in place). I have been trying to get a refund from the airline for nearly 2 months, they've disconnected their customer service line in Australia and every email I send is met with a generic response saying refunds may take up to 30 days (despite the fact it has been 52 days so far and I have yet to receive anything).
RoutePerth to Denpasar