Batik Air

"I had no major problems with them"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | I've flown recently with Batik Air (September 2023) and it was my first time with them. I had no major problems with them - just a couple of minor ones. Given that it is a low-cost carrier, similar to all low-cost carriers, it's plus, plus, plus, i.e. meals, drinks, preferred seats, etc. The reason why I chose this budget airline over Air Asia is because the cost of the ticket includes baggage allowance.. My flights were from Hong Kong to Colombo, via Kuala Lumpur, and back. The outbound layover was 2 hours, the inbound layover was 5 hours. On all 4 flights, there were no delays, no last minute changing of gates, no lost luggage, the cabin crew were fine, the ground staff were courteous, polite and helpful in all 3 countries. I asked for window seats all the way, and got 3 out of 4. The minor problems: firstly, only the Kuala Lumpur-Colombo leg had inflight entertainment. But they do not provide headphones. If you have your own, bravo! Secondly, seeing we can not bring drinks on board, bottles of water should be free. I did not have any meals on the plane, so can not comment on the quality of their food. Would I book Batik Air again? With their prices, for a short-haul flight, yes.
RouteHong Kong to Colombo via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"Over fours hours delayed"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Appalling. Only use if you absolutely have to do so. Over fours hours delayed as airline decided to use our aircraft for another route. And then decided to use the next aircraft for yet another route. No proper announcements and no renewed timings given.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Makassar
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"fly Batik air for this route again"

Trip Verified | Return trip from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur was great. Though delayed by 30mins for return. Flight were smooth throughout. Came with a 20kg free luggage and 7kg carry on. Rates were lower compared to other budget flights. Will fly Batik air for this route again.
RouteSingapore to Kuala lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"I don’t fit in the seat, I’m too wide"

Trip Verified | I'm a larger man. I was told I could upgrade to business class at least 1 hour before flight, at check in 3 hours before flight I was told by your staff that the staff had gone home in charge of updates. I then get in the plane where I am right now. On board. In row f. Near the window, I don’t fit in the seat, I’m too wide. I ask flight attendants to upgrade me. They said they can not but no one is in business class, there is plenty of room. I’m very uncomfortable and will need to stand up all the way. I can never contact your company by phone. This is wrong. Not happy.
RouteBali to Sydney
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"The crew looked fatigued"

(Nepal)

Trip Verified | The aircraft crew asked me to leave my carry on bags just at the entrance door of the aircraft. The reason they gave was because the cabins were full. Why on earth would I leave my carry on bag at the final minute? Why would they allow the other passengers to have multiple carry on baggage that would occupy my designated space. I insisted on taking my carry on bag with me. Some of the crew members gave me rolling eyes and said try your luck. Is that a humane way to treat your client? Later found out some cabins were still empty. When I asked a crew that I wanted to purchase some food from their menu, she asked me to go at the front where there's been the sell of food. The crew looked fatigued. I was sitting at the almost at bottom of the aircraft. I walked all the way up to the front to buy chicken biryani. They told me there was no Chicken biryani left. I purchased Jeera Rice with Vegetable. Later they sold chicken biryani to the man on my side.
RouteDanang to Kathmandu via Malaysia
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"I won't be flying Batik Air again"

Trip Verified | The pilots were competent, the crew pleasant but that's about it. I won't be flying Batik Air again, even based on price. Issues I struck include: 1) Batik Air website allowing me to book a connecting flight had too short a transit time so I missed the connecting flight and the connecting flight was the last flight of the day. Batik Air rebooked me next day fee free, it took 20-30min of waiting time to process but would not cover accommodation, 2) maintenance inside the cabin wasn't up to standard including a toilet door that had a door lock latch that wouldn't operate, seats which reclined when you sat in them without locking in the upright position, 3) incorrect information at the Batik Air check-in desk in Sydney who said I did not need to collect my bag in Denpasar it was checked through to Lombok. It took another 1-2 hours to get back into the International Terminal and retrieve my bag, 4) food service was poor with only noodle, biscuits or chips and when ordering Coke it was poured from a 2lt bottle into a paper cup. The only payment method was Australian Dollars and they didn't have adequate change which meant I ended up paying $1 more than the list price rather than them saying out fault. 5) in Denpasar they don't use aerobridges, so relying on buses to get to the terminal adds time required between flights, besides the inconvenience of stairs, climate etc.
RouteSydney to Denpasar
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"a nice and positive flight"

Trip Verified | This is the first time I booked a flight with Batik Air. I read the reviews after I bought the ticket and before our flight, we where a little concerned.. however, this was not necessary. I had checked something incorrectly when purchasing the tickets and after sending an email, this was immediately picked up and arranged by the office service team. We were able to check in online and choose seats 12 hours in advance. Everyone was very friendly and helpful at check-in and baggage drop-off. Our flight left on time and was not delayed. The plane was clean and spacious. We had been given seats near the exit and had extra leg room. [we were lucky that the plane was not completely full and the seat next to us was free] During the flight the stewards were also very friendly and helpful. We even had some entertainment choices. The only thing that was strange is that if you are not allowed to bring water on the plane, they should hand out water instead of selling small bottles water. What is also very nice is that afterwards, after booking your tickets, you do not have to pay another 20-40 euros for 1 piece of checked baggage costs for 20kg. We had a nice and positive flight and experience.
RouteDenpasar to Melbourne

"outstanding unprofessionalism"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Award of the worst company ever. I had no choices to book a last minute Batik Air ticket from Bali to Maldives recently with a stop in Kuala Lumpur. As expected, another time I got flight rescheduled! This is the 3rd time in a year I book a flight for my work and always got delayed / rescheduled / cancelled with Batik. Please do something! You’re making people lose time, energy and money with your outstanding unprofessionalism!
RouteBali to Maldives
Date FlownMay 2023

"Gate changed 15 minutes before take-off"

Not Verified | Gate changed 15 minutes before take-off, so all the passengers redid the security check. After we enter the gate, we waited about 30 minutes for the take-off. The flight was delayed for an hour.
AircraftBoeing 737 Max
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2023

"Worst airline service ever"

Trip Verified | Worst airline service ever. They will not provide any information on the travel requirements (such as transit visa requirement) even customer would have reached out to them they'll not be providing any information and if you could not be able onboard to aircraft due to the transit visa requirement they are not even ready to provide a refund or option for an alternative ticket. Such a pathetic service from the airline and the customer care service team.
RouteBangalore to Auckland via Kuala Lumpur