American Airlines

American Airlines customer review

LHR-DFW-XNA AA51 transatlantic then American Eagle. I had avoided American Airlines transatlantic for years but thought to give the "new" American a try. Boeing 777-300ER already showing wear and tear in First Class. Cabin was dirty and food was inedible. Also the logic of serving lunch/dinner on an 09.30 flight utterly defeats me. Why not serve lovely breakfast? Crew was keen to get meal service over and disappear for the remainder of the flight. Flight diverted to IAH due to low fuel / weather but almost no announcements from flight deck. On American Eagle flight attendant was rude and not professionally dressed; She wore a crumpled uniform and believe it or not Dutch-style clogs. Overall it is so sad that there is no sophistication nor manner / culture at the "new" American Airlines. Travel on American Airlines is nowhere close to a First Class experience. This is a desperately poor airline but there isn't much choice across the pond sadly. Avoid this carrier if you can.
Seat TypeFirst Class

American Airlines customer review

We took this airline from Raleigh to London because we expected a similar service to BA with which it codeshares. Unfortunately we were so wrong! There is firstly no modern inflight entertainment system for economy class and the food was dreadful. Onboard service was rushed and not very friendly and to top it all we had one of the flight attendants talking loudly with passengers at the back throughout the whole night. Of course that meant that even without entertainment there was also no sleeping for those of us unlucky enough to be in this attendant's vicinity.

American Airlines customer review

LHR to JFK thinking I was traveling on British Airways flight BA1506 only found out I was flying on a codeshare flight with American Airlines AA105 when I got to the airport. Check in was efficient and friendly and the flight was uneventful except for the crew who made the whole experience feel very uncomfortable. I have never experienced cabin crew like it. Its a given that everyone has an off day once and a while but some of the crews interactions with the passengers that I witnessed were uncalled for. Crew were short unfriendly disinterested and deliberately ignored some passengers. At one stage I was made to feel like a huge inconvenience when I asked for a paper towel to dry up some water I accidentally spilled. In the end I had to queue at the toilets as I was informed I was capable of getting my own towels as the crew were busy. When we landed and were disembarking the crew thanked me for flying the New American Airlines. I don't know why BA codeshare with this airline as the service standards are at complete opposites of the scale. When I book my next flight I will make sure I know what airline I'm flying so I'm not on a code share with AA.

American Airlines customer review

I just returned from a trip from Seattle WA to Punta Cana DR and back. I told my husband after the first plane that I would never fly American again. It was 3 planes there and 3 back. The seats were the most tiny and uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in. I am 5 ft 2 and 115 lbs so by no means am I a big person. The staff were awful. I have never met people so disinterested and rude. When leaving Punta Cana we sat in line for 1.5 hours because there was no one there to check us in! Every other airline were getting people through. We made it to our flight in the nick of time. We got there at 4am and didn't get to the plane until 6.25 and it left at 6.50. They were almost done boarding. I do not recommend this airline.

American Airlines customer review

From Sacramento to Dallas 4 of us booked our trip in early January. Final destination Paris France. We tried to select seats but arrived to find our seats changed. None of us together and 1 was the very back where it was so very noisy the flight was miserable. In Dallas we switched planes (again operated by American Airlines) what was supposed to be a 2 hour layover became an 8 hour layover. The legroom was non existent and when the people in front of us tilted chairs back we could hardly move for 10 hours. miserable. I will not support American Airlines to Europe or even to Dallas. I am not sure if they have just gone downhill or what. I must commend the fellow passengers for their tolerance of such a crummy flight.

American Airlines customer review

April 24th from MSP-DFW-SAN. No major complaints in-flight arrived close to on time. I was concerned when I was unable to check in online so I emailed customer service and they apologized for the issues they were having with the American/US Airways merger. It was all good as I was able to check us in and print our boarding passes at the airport kiosk (even though the message when I tried to check in online said "see agent at airport"). All in all a fine experience. My next flight will be on Spirit Airlines so wish me luck.

American Airlines customer review

Worst airline I have flown with. American Airlines should be branded a budget airline. Flew from JFK to LHR and the experience was beyond belief. Firstly I was charged an arm and leg for excess weight off my bag. Secondly the staff on AA should get training serious training and customer service skills. The food is almost non existent seats are worst in class and the TV's are approx 4inch which are well scratched and used!

American Airlines customer review

DFW to MOB flight AA2981 and AA3377 MOB to DFW. On our round trip flight so far 2 of the 3 aircraft's have had maintenance issues resulting in delays missed connections and waiting on standby. We have yet to hear a single apology.

American Airlines customer review

CDG-ORD-BWI operated on a Boeing 767-300 and an Embraer 145. I have Gold status on AA so I was able to obtain a Main Cabin Extra seat on the first flight free of charge and an exit-row seat on the second flight. The ground experience at CDG was okay and they were pretty well organized. The first flight took off on-time although we had to board by bus (something that probably irritates every passenger). Cabin crew were okay and there was no IFE which I knew to expect even though practically every other carrier has it by now. The connection at ORD was amazingly painless and security was a breeze. The Eagle flight was delayed due to a late inbound aircraft but we landed a mere 30 minutes behind schedule and my checked bag was waiting for me on the carousel just 10 minutes or so after landing. All in all fairly satisfied.

American Airlines customer review

Tampa to Chicago O'Hare on 28 April. Check-in was fast but very unfriendly. Cabin crew were unfriendly and uninterested. Plane was cramped and service was almost non-existent. Only thing offered was soft-drinks. No hot drinks snacks or food available which is pretty poor for a what's scheduled as a 3 hour flight. No entertainment on offer the flight got me from A to B but that's about it. I've had better service on Ryanair. Not a great addition to the Oneworld Alliance.