Allegiant Air

"staff was amazing"

Trip Verified | Punta Gorda to Cincinnati. I was in Naples, Florida house/dog sitting for friends. Long story, short, their trip was cancelled, so needed to get back home. Could not get through on phone line, the website was overwhelmed. Went directly to the airport to try and exchange the return trip ticket for that day. It was all hands on deck, some people had worked 12-hour shifts, still, the staff was amazing, tried to make whatever it took to accommodate passengers request. They all looked a bit frazzled. In a situation like this, that no one has experienced, you just can’t fix stupid and some people are just jerks.
RoutePunta Gorda to Cincinnati
Date FlownMarch 2020

"phone lines are busy all day"

Trip Verified | Cincinnati to Ft Walton. I have been trying to call Allegiant to cancel my flight due to the Coronavirus and phone lines are busy all day, I have been trying for 5 hours now! The web site states you can cancel on line with no Penalty, and either a refund or Voucher will be issued. It showed me how much I was getting refunded and it’s less than what I paid for the tickets for me and my son and this is only on my Departing flight, it will not let me cancel my returning flights! It gives you a non working number to call! So if I can not get through to anyone, the main number is busy or off the hook and the number they give you is a non working number how are our flights going to get canceled and how our we getting refunded the amount we paid for our tickets.
RouteCincinnati to Ft Walton
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I can’t get through on the phone"

Trip Verified | Memphis to Fort Lauderdale. I have been calling customer service since Friday and the line has been busy. I had to cancel my flight due to the Coronavirus situation that’s going on and I don’t think that it’s fair to only be given a voucher for $167 when I paid $381. This was going to be my 1st time and last time flying. If I can’t be refunded all of my money I wanted to see if our tickets could be reinstated but no one is responding to my emails and I can’t get through on the phone lines. I need help with this issue asap.
RouteMemphis to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMarch 2020

"make sure all our questions were answered"

Not Verified | My review is based on a flight (Detroit to St Pete Clearwater) this coming week which, we canceled due to the coronavirus. I had heard the wait was long so I prepared for such a wait at this trying time for all. My wait was a little over 2 hrs. I was happy to get a wonderful gal in the other end who was thoughtful and took time to make sure all of our questions were answered regarding getting our refund and how to use in the future. She waited until the emails came in and made sure we got or vouchers. It made the expected wait time all worth it.
RouteDetroit to St Pete Clearwater
Date FlownNovember 2019

"least military friendly airline"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Springfield. Allegiant has to be the least military friendly airline operating in the US. First they change their baggage policy to require active duty to be flying with dependents, without notifying customers, which makes no sense. Especially in light of the fact that our spouses can't fly right now due to DOD orders. Then, when active military can't fly due to DOD order, they want to charge a cancellation fee online (even though they say they don't) OR you can call a number that is always busy. We have several reservations to fly with them, and considering we either have to fly now/later or get a voucher, we have no option for full refunds and are forced to complete travel or lose money. Ticket prices with Allegiant ARE NOT cost effective when you have to check multiple bags, as many military families do due to living so far away from home. We will never book another flight with Allegiant again.
RouteLos Angeles to Springfield
Date FlownMarch 2020

"make changes without penalty"

Not Verified | Trying to change my son's flight due to the Corona virus!! What a nightmare. Started the process 2 days ago. They said you could make changes without penalty. I tried doing that through the website but it would not let me. The number busy for days. I drove to the airport an hour away to be turned away. Currently been on hold for 2 hours starting at 12.45 am. Ridiculous. Never again will I use this airline!
Date FlownMarch 2020

"never fly with Allegiant again"

Not Verified | Phoenix to South bend. Allegiant Air has the worst customer service of any airline I have ever experienced. Despite efforts of emailing, calling and Facebook messages multiple times over the last week, we could not reach one airline employee. Finally, we decided to go to the airport in hopes of a flight change. Despite an email from Allegiant on the 8th stating that flights could be changed due to the pandemic, they would not stand behind their offer to change our flight. Around $400 was lost on the flight. I will never fly with Allegiant again nor suggest them to anyone.
RoutePhoenix to South bend

"Her luggage was lost"

Trip Verified | Nashville to Gulfport. My sister and I fly together. We checked our luggage at the same time at the Allegiant air ticket counter. When we arrived in Gulfport, only my luggage appeared on the conveyor. Her luggage was lost. It took about 27 phone calls and several emails before being able to reach customer service. I spoke with Two customer service representatives. The first one was Carol. She was rude, degrading and hateful. And then I was conveniently disconnected. When I finally reached a second representative, Orlando, he was also unconcerned. Final results of spending my very first day, without luggage, on my vacation, was that my luggage would be shipped to the resort but Boone was able to tell me when it would arrive. I was also told that I needed to keep receipts of anything that I purchased, within reason. And I asked if I would be reimbursed, her response was, “why else would I ask you to keep your receipts”. The second person, Orlando told me not to purchase any namebrand items or they would not reimburse me for those things. There was no compassion that my vacation was ruined. There was only 39 people on the airplane. Two people did not receive their luggage.
RouteNashville to Gulfport
Date FlownMarch 2020

"more reliable airlines out there"

Trip Verified | Bismarck to Las Vegas return. The flight itself was good. But we had about a 1.5 hour delay before we left and over a 2 hour delay leaving which messed up a lot of our plans. Customer service after our 2 hour delay was horrible! Think twice about using Allegiant! Their are plenty other more reliable airlines out there!
RouteBismarck to Las Vegas

"There was no refund"

Trip Verified | Punta Gorda to Indianapolis. I have always flown Allegiant and I fly quite often. With this Coronavirus scare, and reading that there will be no penalty for canceling a flight, I tried emailing, calling and Facebook messenger to connect with someone. No response and via phone for the past few days all it says is all lines are busy. Are they deliberately doing this so no cancellation can be made during this time? I finally cancelled my return trip via the app. There was no refund. Now I’m stuck. I will never fly Allegiant again! I will pay more for a flight and fly an airline with better customer service!
RoutePunta Gorda to Indianapolis