Allegiant Air

"learn to train their staff"

Not Verified | Ft Lauderdale to Asheville . The lack of a "Take Charge" person at the ticket counter in Fort Lauderdale was extremely disconcerting. Over 200 people were in line and there was NOT one person that had the backbone nor (obviously) the authority to actually make an announcement about a cancelled flight. The fact that most of the travelers had more common sense and understood the situation better than the Allegiant staff is very telling about the direction this company is heading. The staff did not know the reason for the flight to Knoxville being cancelled to the following day. They had no manager on staff. The staff was kind, however, when you have 200 people that are being told they have to find a place to stay for the night, the kindness wore off very quickly. Each passenger was given an $8 food voucher .. what a joke! All the restaurants are on the other side of security. You cannot get through security without a valid boarding pass! No one was offered accommodations for the night. It became intense rather quickly. The staff were not trained and were ill prepared to deal with the scenario unfolding in front of them. There was noi management to handle the situation. I am seriously questioning whether I want to fly with this airline again. Corporate needs to learn to train their staff to communicate in an effective manner to disgruntled customers.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Asheville
Date FlownMarch 2020

"delay the flight one hour at a time"

Not Verified | Louisville to Ft. Lauderdale. I fly this airline multiple times a year, and you get what you pay for. They will delay the flight one hour at a time until you have been wait for 5 hours. This has happened more times than I can count in the last few years. And good luck trying to get a hold of someone on the customer service line. I honestly wonder if anybody even works there or it's just a answering machine. I will never understand why they wont just tell people the flight is delayed until the last minute. I don't mind to wait I just don't want to sit at the airport for hours. And many people I have spoken with feel the same way.
RouteLouisville to Ft. Lauderdale
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Worst airline experience"

Trip Verified | St Pete/Tampa to Indianapolis. Worst airline experience ever. We were delayed 6 hours first due to a runway problem but then followed by a series of very poor decisions by Allegiant. Avoid this company at all cost. The small price savings is not worth the high level of stress and delays that are regularly happening with this company.
RouteSt Pete/Tampa to Indianapolis

"terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Concord to Sanford. Our flight was originally delayed by 15 minutes. As the delay stretched longer and longer, no one could officially tell us what was going on or how long we would wait, only that they would not give any refunds but that we could transfer flights to another day without penalty. However in order to even do that, we would have to leave to go to the ticketing office, which was outside the TSA security checkpoint. TSA had left by then (with stancheons up that prevented anyone from leaving), so our fear was that of we left, and didn't get rebooked, we couldn't come back and wait for our current flight since there was no security left. We waited for over 2 hours with no information. Eventually we were told that we would be leaving FOUR hours late. We eventually did, but after asking what would happen since we would arrive in Sanford five hours before the rental car agency counter opened (or three hours after it closed), we were told that we would just have to wait or ask them when we got there. When we got there there were no employees of Allegiant there to ask so we asked the Allegiant luggage check in supervisor, who was working with departing flights and she said she was just contracted through Allegiant (though she had an Allegiant shirt on and was working at an Allegiant counter) and that I had to contact Allegiant customer care...which was closed then since it was 4 am. She also said we would have to wait for five more hours for our rental car and there was nothing she could do even though we booked the car through Allegiant. At least the rental car agency was open and had good customer service (unlike Allegiant) and we didn't have to camp out for five additional hours. We heard no updates until we has already been sitting there for hours. And even when we had an update, we were never, to this day, provided with an explanation. Terrible, terrible customer service. We were there with a friend who was waiting for over 6 hours for her flight to St. Petersburg FL. This is not a stand-alone incident.
RouteConcord to Sanford
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Everything costs you extra money"

Punta Gorda to Niagara Falls with Allegiant Air. Everything costs you extra money. Boarding passes on your phone not on the app cost another fee. Might as well book with a decent airline and get a free cup of water.
RoutePunta Gorda to Niagara Falls
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"don’t recommend this airline"

Not Verified | Stockton to Las Vegas. This was my first time using this airline. It had pretty good reviews but had been notified of delays before. I went ahead and booked with them. This is the first time and definitely the last time!!! A delay on a bright morning? In the afternoon? I should have just went to Sacramento international airport. I don’t recommend this airline at least in small cities!
RouteStockton to Las Vegas
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"They know absolutely nothing"

Trip Verified | This was to be my first flight on this airline. I fly often and was reluctant but thought I would give it a try. I booked a Thurs 2/20 trip from Concord to St Pete, FL. It was snowing that night so they had a delay to de ice the plane. The guy in the de icer truck ran into the plane. We had to return to the terminal. They have no mechanics at the airport so it took 1.5 hrs for one to arrive to inspect the damage. What were our options we wanted to know. How long would it take to inspect? Would they have another plane come and get us? Was there another flight the next day? They said "we have nothing to tell you, we are waiting on corporate but if you leave the terminal you forfeit your ticket". After 2 hrs they said there was another flight next day but there was only 28 spots available. The ticket counter was outside of security. There was a huge line. Did they provide food and drinks? No. However they lied to the local TV channel and said they did provide as well as give meal vouchers. At 9pm they announced last call at the concession. At 10pm they closed the TSA security checkpoint so if you went out to change your flight and waited in line for 2hrs you couldnt get back into the terminal. I gave up and left the terminal and went home at 10:30 expecting to eat the cost. I did have my wife call customer service to try and get me rebooked for the following night. She got through after a 1:20 minute hold time. They did refund the ticket. I was told the flight arrived in St Pete at 2 AM All the staff at the customer service, gate people, and guys working on the runway are all kids, 18-22 area. They know absolutely nothing and really dont care. Remember, if you fly this airline there are only 2 flight a week per route so if it gets cancelled you are stuck
RouteConcord to St Pete
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"service is mediocre at best"

Trip Verified | Northwest Arkansas to Sanford . I have flown Allegiant on several different occasions and more times than not the fights are delayed. The current flight I’m waiting on now has changed from 8:30 PM now to depart at 11 PM. One would think I would learn by now that there is a reason this airline has flights for so cheap. The service is mediocre at best, the flights are ok when you finally get to get on them, and the baggage charges are high. I think it’s about time I upgrade to a better airline.
RouteNorthwest Arkansas to Sanford
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"superb crew and good communication"

Not Verified | Concord to Orlando Sanford. Excellent flight with superb crew and good communication from the cockpit as well. Makes a passenger feel better when the Captain or First Officer chimes in during the trip.
RouteConcord to Orlando Sanford
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"more and more disappointed"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Norfolk. I am growing more and more disappointed and frustrated with this airline after each flight. The lack of timeliness has gone from bad to worse! To think it’s not that cheaply priced when you add all the extras up. I used to recommend this airline with hopes it would be a good experience and not represent the horrible experiences it has created for myself and my family thus far. Customer service is at the bottom of their priorities which is even sadder because that should be done well and free in a client service industry.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Norfolk