Allegiant Air

Customer rating from 1976 reviews

"not to give us credit"

Trip Verified | A travel advisory was issued for northeaster with anticipated 8 inches of snow - if our flight was cancelled or delayed we would not be able to return home for another 5 days. We called allegiant to change to an earlier flight, they acknowledged the snow storm but said I would lose all my money for my original flight. I even asked for just a credit as they now had 4 tickets unused for a flight but they also refused. One agent initially was going to at least give us a $230 credit but she then said she changed her mind, naturally my wife went off on her and she stated she would not our reservation so any future agents could see not to give us credit and then hung up. We tried talking to a supervisor but they never got on the phone as they refused. I’d strongly advise to avoid the lower cost and go with a reputable airline
RouteLehigh vAlley to Myrtle Beach
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"$382 out the window"

Not Verified | This airline has given me plenty to complain about over the years, but they fly out of a local airport so I have dealt with it. Just cancelled a flight due to weather. Outside of their seven day policy, otherwise you get nothing! $50 cancellation fee per passenger. (Not happy about it, but I can deal with it). $44 carrier usage fee per passenger. (Don't even know what that is, but I see no reason to pay for it when the flight has been cancelled). Then, they keep the $100 I paid to fly my dog. Are you kidding me? So $382 out the window, and to finish me off the turn what's left of my money into a voucher that must be used within twelve months, so I can feel the pain all over again.
RouteNewburgh to Punta Gorda
Date FlownDecember 2023

"airline is an absolute joke"

Trip Verified | This flight back has been a nightmare! First they changed planes and told me that I had ton rechoose my seat after I paid extra for the front row for the leg room. Then when I got to the gate to board I was told that my paid carry on was too big and that I had to gate check it. The lady at the counter was extremely rude, told me it wasn't her problem that I didn't check in with her to make sure that it was okay even though I got the approval from another agent. When I got on board there were multiple bags that were in the overheads that were larger than mine. This airline is an absolute joke and a big rip off.
RouteLas Vegas to Missoula

“Wow what a rip off”

Not Verified | Wow what a rip off. So I had never flown with this airline before but they were offering significantly cheaper flights so took a chance. The mobile app was confusing and the option to check bags was grayed out. When we got to the airport I'm informed I could have checked bags online for $30 each but since I hadn't (grayed out) it would cost me $75 per bag. So I cough up this additional expense and then board. In flight I'm offered a beverage and snack and then charged per item. Nothing complimentary on this airline! Next I complete my trip and go to head home on my round trip flight and am informed my bags were not checked for round trip and I need to pay yet another $75 dollars. So my $200 flight ended up costing me right around $450 after all the hidden fees. What a scam these guys are running. Be warned.
RouteSpokane to Mesa-Phoenix
Date FlownDecember 2023

“Allegiant doesn't care for your plans”

Not Verified | Plane has been delayed for 3 hours now. Nobody is doing anything with airplane and so far I've lost my show tickets. All I want is a reimbursement. Allegiant doesn't care for your plans or you as a person. If they did they would reimbursement all of us. Never flying here again and don't recomend this airline. Time to expose them on social media.
RouteSanta Maria CA to Las Vegas
Date FlownDecember 2023

“What was your goal? To embarrass me?”

Not Verified | We flew from Ft. Lauderdale to Norfolk VA on Nov. 28th on flight 496. I would give 1 star but giving 2 stars to Allegiant Air because the pilot landed the plane with perfection and most of the crew were nice except for one woman. This flight attendant walked all the way from the back of the plane to my seat just to tell me that I didn’t flush the toilet. Now, I remember flushing it and thinking “wow that’s so loud,” but maybe it didn't go down all the way or maybe I my pregnancy brain got the best of me and I actually didn’t flush. You would have thought I left something disgusting behind but it was only toilet paper. Either way, what gives you the audacity to walk all the way up to my seat to tell me that I forgot to flush in front of the other passengers? When I tell you that I thought I did, you continue to argue with me that I in fact did not. What was your goal? To embarrass me? To teach me a life lesson? Did you feel better about yourself after telling a paying customer that you all just cancelled a flight on the night before after waiting half a day in the airport only to have it cancelled after boarding because the crew was timed out? We got a free soda for our trouble and a rude crew member. My entire life I have worked in the service industry from being a server to ER nurse and I understand that sometimes we get annoyed with people but I have always treated them with dignity and respect. You are dealing with the public and you represent a company that is providing a service and without that service, you wouldn’t have a paycheck. Keep up the attitude and you will be flushing your career down the toilet.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Norfolk
Date FlownNovember 2023

"they don’t seem to care"

Not Verified | My wife and I flew to Illinois for a funeral for my best friend in high school. I requested wheel chair assistance. We had wheelchair assistance plus we were allowed to take my wife’s walker up the ramp & they would store it until we got to Rockford, I’ll. Upon our arrival at Rockford the plane emptied out and my wife and I were left on the plane as other assisted passenger’s were taken off the plane as no one came to help us. One of the crew members had to call down to the airport for assistance. On our trip back from Rockford to Punta Gorda we arrived in Punta Gorda and got up in line like other passengers. The stewardess very rudely said you have to wait until all the other passengers deplane before you can. Well, lady we were ignored on our flight up so why wouldn’t we push forward to the front of the plane to make sure we’re not forgotten. We along with others were assisted off the plane in Punta Gorda. When we got to the bottom of the ramp we looked down at our walker that had been unloaded only to find the brake handle had been broken. We filed a claim ticket for the broken walker. We have yet to hear from the airline about this claim. I took the walker to a shop in Fort Myers and the gentleman told me it would cost $85.00 dollars for him to send it into be fixed plus the cost of labor and parts. He said I would be better off to buy a new one. I ordered a brake handle online for $24.00 of which I couldn’t find the right one but was able to replace the handle but the brake does not work. Needless to say we will pay more for our flights rather than fly Allegiant again. This was a very bad experience and on top of everything they don’t seem to care. Their attitude is probably they don’t care as they have plenty of other passengers that will fly with them.
RoutePunta Gorda to Rockford

"super frustrating!"

Not Verified | I have flown Allegiant 4 times in 3 weeks- same personal item (backpack) each time with no issues. On my 5th flight I went to board and the gate agent said I needed to talk to another one of the gate agents - not knowing why? I was asked to put my bag in their measuring device / it was overstuffed a little and she said you have to pay $75 now or you won’t get on the plane. I was flabbergasted. I explained I purchased this this backpack for exactly this reason and made sure it was in their personal item measurement requirements. Her comment to me was - Well I guess you are just lucky for the the 1st 4 flights and saved money. I was shocked and very mad. Paid for the carryon so I didn’t miss my flight - Mad and frustrated - got in my seat, tested the size of my backpack and it fit under my seat in front of me, but put it in the overhead bin, since they made me pay $75 for a space in the bin. Let’s just say- the flight was not full, we waited on the tarmac 45 minutes to take off, because they had to check everyone’s boarding pass individually again because individuals had not shown up for the flight, and top it off the overhead bins were 1/2 full. So the fee they made me pay was more than my flight- how is that even right? To finish off my trip I had one more leg of my flights from Las Vegas to Provo, UT. Checked in with the exact same backpack as a personal item and had no issues with its size and it was put under the seat in front of me with no questions. I will not be flying with Allegiant Air anytime soon - super frustrating!
RouteSanta Maria to Las Vegas
Date FlownNovember 2023

“Not a single care given!”

Not Verified | TERRIBLE! Got on one plane, to sit for an hour to get off the plane, then wait 4 hours for another plane, to get on a plane to sit down and be told the pilot time is up and they can't fly. Got off flight called customer service 4 times in total, flight rebooked for the NEXT DAY! First told leaving at noon, then told leaving at 8am, then told ten am. Now I have no boarding pass, told to go wait in line. They do not care! All for a 1.25 hour flight. Waste of my time. I was on hold that long! Not a single care given!
RouteSanford, FL to Tricites, TN

"Find another airline"

Trip Verified | I had a family health emergency and had to cancel my flight. They refused to work with me refunding the ticket and issued a credit which I will not be able to use. Will lose the entire amount. Also, they are a “cheap” airline and the ticket indeed is cheap, however, you have to pay for your seat, your carry on, your checked baggage, and if you want priority boarding. Any food you want including water must be paid for. Find another airline!
RouteGreenville to Sanford