Allegiant Air

"Allegiant is a scam"

Trip Verified | Stockton to Mesa. Allegiant is a scam! My fiancé had 2 flight (round trip) scheduled and paid in full for an out of state job interview. I have to accommodate on a conflicting schedule and had to arrive a little earlier and couldn’t make the first flight. I had plan to fly back on the return flight. Unbeknownst to us, Allegiant decided to cancel the entire flight including the return flight as well? What kind of service is this? I agreed, the flex trip wasn’t paid for so the 1st flight should be cancel without a refund. No problem, but for them to also cancel the return flight that we had paid for separately is just plain straight scam! This airline is the worst and comes up with tactic and loop hole like this to scam people. So if you plan on doing a round trip without a flex trip fee paid, it’s best if you just pay one way each so if Allegiant cancel the flight you missed, then they won’t be able to cancel the other one as well. Such an incompetent airline and this is how they scam people. A con artist airline that is out there with tons of small loop holes to scam customers. It was on the last day and we were put on hold for more than an hour. Didn’t want to argue with the lady on the phone so the lady said she will only charge us an additional $75 and she will be able to get me back on the return flight. So in addition to having to pay for the return flight I’m being charged an extra $75 because apparently it’s in their policy that if we missed the first flight, then the entire flight that was scheduled will be cancelled. So I question if the flight was to be scheduled separately then, they can’t automatically cancelled the entire flight?
RouteStockton to Mesa

"Cancelled return flight"

Trip Verified | Salt Lake City to Phoenix. Worst flight ever. Cancelled return flight at last minute. tried to reschedule and no flights available for 5 days. Cost me around $1000 to get back home to a different airport. I cannot believe they only refunded me $52 a ticket. How is this dishonest operation still in business? Could not get ahold of anyone on customer service. On hold for hours and emailed with no reply!
RouteSalt Lake City to Phoenix
Date FlownMay 2019

"they would pull up their socks"

Trip Verified | Bellingham to Las Vegas. I understand this is a cheap airline, but customer appreciation should still be afforded. We were delayed almost 3 hours at departure. Never once was an apology given. Finally when two Allegiant planes arrived we boarded and the other on schedule flight boarded. We sat there for a long time wondering again what the reason for the delay was. Meanwhile the on time plane next to us had left. Still not one Sorry about that. We have flown Allegiant dozens of times and after the bad publicity would think they would pull up their socks. Both to and fro flights had a number of empty seats. Now I can see why, especially when in the past the planes were full.
RouteBellingham to Las Vegas

"thankful and appreciative"

Not Verified | Sanford to South Bend with Allegiant Air. The flight attendant was very accommodating and helpful in getting me a more comfortable seat. I am 6’8, have an artificial knee, and was originally placed in the back. However, the attendant was nice enough to give me a whole aisle. I am very thankful and appreciative for their willingness to work with me on my leg room issue.
RouteSanford to South Bend
Date FlownMay 2019

"the very best experience"

Trip Verified | Flint to Clearwater. This was the very best experience we've had flying. We fly every year, and normally use Delta or Spirit. We decided to Allegiant a try, and we will only use them from now on. Getting through TSA and boarding the plane was a breeze! Very friendly, fast service. The seats were decent, we paid to sit in the exit row. They offered the typical drinks, snacks and alcoholic beverages for purchase. Was a smooth flight and no delays at all. The prices were unbeatable, too!! We paid nearly half what we usually pay other airlines. I highly recommend this airline.
RouteFlint to Clearwater

"The staff was pleasant"

Not Verified | Toledo to St. Pete–Clearwater. Amazing airline! My granddaughter and I just took a quick trip to Florida and back. The staff was pleasant, the seats were in perfect condition. Both ways were on time. I have nothing but good things to say about this airline. Price was also very good. Thanks for letting me give a shout out to them.
RouteToledo to St. Pete–Clearwater

"Read the fine print"

Trip Verified | Salt Lake City to Phoenix. Read the fine print. We had an emergency with our housing situation and tried to cancel our flight. It costed more to cancel then it costed for the flight in general. It’s $75 per trip per person bringing our cancelation fees to $150 per person being that it was a round trip flight. For 2 people. Which means the total cancelation fees were $300 for my husband and I. We rented a car on top of that as well. They wouldn’t refund our money instead they offered a voucher to fly with them again (which why in the world would we want to do that?) and the voucher would only be for $122. We paid $498 total and can’t get not one dime back. First time booking flights with them and last time ever. Horrible horrible service and like mentioned in other reviews, you do get what you pay for.
RouteSalt Lake City to Phoenix
Date FlownAugust 2018

"This airline is horrible"

Not Verified | This airline is horrible! I had a family member die while on vacation in Florida. I tried to change my flight up one day just to make it on time for the military service for this family member. They had five extra seats available and refused to change my flight without charging me a change fee and for the extra flight which I could not afford. Leaving vacation a day early is completely not what I want to do, basically told me I was lying after sending them an obituary and everything. After I sent an obituary that they asked for as proof they wanted a “note from the funeral home”. They made a horrible situation even worse for me and my family I was so sick after 5 phone calls and I’m tears. Would never recommend this airline and will never fly again.
RouteFort lauderdale to Syracuse
Date FlownApril 2019

"Expect delays and cancellations"

Trip Verified | Expect delays and cancellations! We've had terrible experiences with Allegiant Air and will never fly with them again. It's a cheap airline and travelers do get what they pay for, which is a lot of inconvenience. We've flown 4 round trips with Allegiant and all eight legs of our journeys were marred by delays and cancellations. Allegiant always has ready-made, convenient "reasons" for the delays and cancellations (like mysterious "mechanical issues") but it boils down to the fact that they don't fly any plane that isn't booked to full capacity. If there are any empty seats on your flight, chances are your plane is going to be delayed or cancelled altogether. I can't believe it took me four round trips to come to the realization that this is their pattern. In June 2016 they delayed our flight 4 times over the course of 8 hours and then cancelled the flight just prior to boarding because the crew had "timed out" of their work hours for the 24 hour period. Yes, the crew "timed out" because they kept delaying our flight for unknown reasons! We've lost entire days of our vacation and hotel costs because of Allegiant. Also, their customer service is horrible. I've waited over two hours on hold (speakerphone) before I finally gave up. They don't answer their phones or respond to online inquiries or emails. I will pay more to get to my destination on time. Buyer beware!
RouteToledo, Ohio to Orlando, FL
Date FlownApril 2019

"Staff were very unapologetic"

Not Verified | Had a terrible experience traveling with Allegiant Air. The flights themselves weren't bad but the delays and how we were treated while waiting was the worst of it. On our way to our destination we were delayed about 12 hours, in 30 min/1 hr/2 hr increments overnight - from 8 pm until 8 am the next morning. I was 21 weeks pregnant at the time and sick with a terrible cold and would have gladly even paid for myself to go sleep in a hotel (though they should be paying for it or offering some kind of reimbursement) had they just told us our flight wasn't leaving until the next morning but instead they kept coming up with excuses and making us think we were leaving soon and then pushing it up even further. One of the worst nights of my life at the airport. Flights were not delayed due to weather or "unpredictable" circumstnaces but due to staffing and airplane scheduling and maintenance issues. Staff were very unapologetic and not kind whatsoever. On the return flight we didnt think anything would be delayed because it couldn't possibly happen twice but again the flight was delayed 4 hours (not so bad this time) but also was delayed in short increments, when likely they could just tell everyone the truth from the get go. Our flights with Allegiant were $350 for two passengers round trip, so cheap, but i would have gladly paid twice the money not to deal with them again.
RouteGreat Falls to Phoenix Mesa