Allegiant Air

"Every little thing costs extra"

Not Verified | Redmond to Las Vegas. Allegiant was terrible. Flights weren’t on time, no complimentary drinks/snacks, gave me a hard time for not taking facial cleansing wipes out of my bag. Wasn’t enough room for everyone’s carry-on luggage. Also, their carry on size is way smaller than other airlines so if your carry on fits on a different airline it doesn’t mean it will with them. Every little thing costs extra, by the time you pay for it’s around the same price to fly with a better airline.
RouteRedmond to Las Vegas
Date FlownOctober 2019

"haven't been disappointed yet"

Trip Verified | Sarasota to Richmond. I have flown on Allegiant airlines five times now and haven't been disappointed yet. Staff even went out of their way to help me figure out a problem with my allegiant app. For a low cost airline Allegiant air is definitely the best deal for your money. I would highly recommend them.
RouteSarasota to Richmond
Date FlownOctober 2019

"attendants are the rudest"

Trip Verified | Mesa to Provo. I have flown this route a few times and I will say that the flight attendants are the rudest and nastiest people in the industry. Rather than communicate professionally and assume the best the flight attendants verbally jump on customers about their regulations. I’m sure that they have a lot of crazy people they deal with but chill out. I hope the attendants can find joy in the journey. I’m sure it comes from the management and translates down to the customers and you do get what you pay for. I’m so glad that there are other choices.
RouteMesa to Provo
Date FlownOctober 2019

"has gone downhill over the years"

Not Verified | Have flown several different times throughout the years. It was a great deal back then, but has gone downhill over the years. First, the price has sky rocketed with no additional services, you do not get peanuts or a drink without paying additionally for them now! The flight attendants were more interested in taking selfies than attending to the passengers. It is not fun to fly this airline and unless absolutely necessary I will not go on this airline again. Actually, its much cheaper nowadays to take a few extra days and just drive, my husband and I could have left Wednesday and got to Vegas Thursday afternoon. Stayed until Sunday and been home Monday evening for half the cost of this flight and hotel accommodations at the Luxor. At the Resort the room was shabby, popcorn ceilings were falling down, room smelled musty, asked for a King Size Bed but had to settle for a Queen size, I paid for a package deal which cost us over $1500 for 3 nights and the hotel charged another $150 for resort fees for no additional services. We will not choose this again there are many better places to stay and for a better value. Done with Allegiant unless its the only thing available.
RouteShreveport to Las Vegas

"total train wreck"

Not Verified | Asheville to Ft Lauderdale. I have tried to stay loyal, but every flight we take is delayed multiple times. You get the feeling you're living in the airport. I am finally finished with Allegiant. I know people put negative feedback because they get aggravated but I fly monthly with Allegiant. The reviews are true. A total train wreck. I'm out. Peace
RouteAsheville to Ft Lauderdale

"I hate this airline"

Trip Verified | Albuquerque to Las Vegas. Absolutely horrible company to fly with! They will sing you and charge you to breath. Forget about being on time. My flight is 9 hours late. It finally arrives and there is another maintenance delay on the airplane. The freaking airplane doesn’t work! What a ridiculous joke. But hey, there brought pizza! I will never fly with this atrocious company again! Hopefully I can do all I can to deter anyone from ever flying with this stupid company ever again! I hate this airline!
RouteAlbuquerque to Las Vegas
Date FlownOctober 2019

"everything on my trip was perfect"

Trip Verified | Nashville to Sarasota., I’m terrified of flying, and everything on my trip was perfect. Smooth, quick, and easy. I would definitely recommend this airline to others. And I’ll be flying again soon.
RouteNashville to Sarasota

"staff courteous"

Trip Verified | Punta Gorda to Pittsburgh. Airline staff on ground and in flight courteous. However, expect to wait, wait and wait if you have any need that must be addressed via telephone. Over an hour for me personally. Multiple occasions. "Biggest Complaint" is being forced to pay an additional $112 this trip to pick up a rental vehicle at PIT airport that was prepaid many days earlier and itinerary updates up to a few hours prior to flight verified the original charges. This was all booked in advance using my Allegiant app. Very dishonest to take advantage of a person away with an expectation that proper planning was done to secure transportation. You can either pay extra unexpected charges to get the vehicle you reserved or Walk away without it.
RoutePunta Gorda to Pittsburgh
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"just let it be over soon"

Not Verified | Medford to Los Angeles. This is the first time I had flown Allegiant Airlines. Ticket counter agents seemed to take longer to process people than other airlines. While waiting at the gate, the time became close to boarding time, but nothing happened, no announcements, etc. The time eventually even passed takeoff time with everyone still waiting to board and no announcements regarding the delay. Finally, we boarded the plane an hour after scheduled takeoff time and the captain on board the plane explained over the intercom that something happened earlier in the day to throw off the schedule and "they hoped to make it up to us in the future" (an odd statement, given that it is impossible to make up a time delay). So we are an hour behind our takeoff time and the ticket agent (now on board the plane) begins to call out particular passenger names to see if these people are on board. I'm wondering, wouldn't they already know who's onboard from the tickets being scanned at the gate? Then the same agent begins going down the rows, one by one, saying the first name of each passenger that is supposed to be in that seat and wanting those passengers to confirm their identity. I had never seen this before in all my years of flying (I'm 58 years old). I'm thinking, there must be an easier way! I took some Benadryl prior to the flight for allergies, hoping that it would knock me out and I would have a blissful nap en route but, lo and behold, the seats don't recline, even the slightest bit (no button on the armrests, etc.). When did this become normal? How am I supposed to nod off in the full upright position? The seats are also thinner (less cushion) than those of other airlines. Oh well, I'll just read the inflight magazine. But it is very thin as well, more like a pamphlet, without any interesting articles. I look at the beverages available on the flight and I see that there is a charge for everything. Not even a free soda like other airlines. Aren't sodas about 12 cents a can when purchased in bulk? Well, I'm not paying $3 for a 12 cent soda! Apparently I'm not the only fussy passenger - there is a baby behind me that starts crying which inspires other babies to start crying. Unfortunately, they are healthy babies with lots of energy and they don't stop crying for most of the remainder of the flight. I'm thinking, "Oh please, God, just let it be over soon". We finally touch down. Babies still crying. One hour after our scheduled departure time. Never again.
RouteMedford to Los Angeles

"Would not recommend"

Not Verified | Tucson to Provo. The crew was rude, especially one flight attendant. Allegiant does the bare minimum and doesn’t care about their customers whatsoever. They charge for every little thing so they advertise and cheap and affordable, when really they are the same price as any other airline. Would not recommend.
RouteTucson to Provo