Allegiant Air

"Staff uncommunicative"

Trip Verified | Provo to Los Angeles. Staff uncommunicative and didn’t even send us through TSA in time for the boarding time posted on our tickets (we have ten minutes until we board and no passengers have been allowed through TSA yet). Completely unorganized and an unpleasant experience overall.
RouteProvo to Los Angeles
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Do not fly this airline!"

Trip Verified | El Paso to Las Vegas. Do not fly this airline! We got to their ticket counter, within an hour of our flight, to check in and no one was there. The airport called over the intercom three times for an Allegiant rep to come down to help us. Finally, a rep comes down within 5 mins of our flight taking off and says she wouldn't open the ticket counter back up because the flight was already 80% full. Then, we called customer service for a refund. They would not give us a refund but would give us a credit with an $80 fee attached. Seriously, the worst airline service I've ever experienced. The absolute indifference the Allegiant rep showed to us was incredibly telling of how this airline treats their customers. Especially their military customers! I am stationed a few states away from my family and do not see them often. This was supposed to be a family trip and for everyone to see my 11 month old daughter (that most of my family hasn't met yet) however, now isn't happening because the ticket agent wouldn't open up the ticket counter "because they are 80% full." This airline might be affordable but you are getting what you pay for.
RouteEl Paso to Las Vegas
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"They charge for everything"

Trip Verified | Idaho Falls to Phoenix. Horrible service. They charge for everything, including a charge for not paying beforehand. Never flying with them again. They may seem like they offer better rates but they don’t.
RouteIdaho Falls to Phoenix

"Highly recommend"

Trip Verified | Staff was amazing! We flew from Appleton to Mesa and it was our 1.5yr olds 1st flight. I was beyond nervous, but from gate checking our stroller to playing peek a boo to helping get our bags out from our above compartment the flight crew was awesome! Highly recommend this airline!!
RouteAppleton to Mesa/Phoenix
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"make sure you read the fine print"

Trip Verified | Knoxville to St. Petersburg. Just an FYI to anyone checking a bag - make sure you read the fine print and understand that this cheap company has you paying $50, $25 online per 40lbs, unlike every other airline who lets you have 50lbs. Fun little trick/scam that they have so that you’re forced to spend an extra $50 on top of what you already paid at the counter - so now I’m paying more ($150) rountrip to get my bag in the air than myself. Pretty ridiculous. But bravo to the genius who came up with that one on Allegiants part!
RouteKnoxville to St. Petersburg

"Worst flight encountered."

Trip Verified | Albany to Punta Gorda. Worst flight I have ever encountered. Flight was suppose to leave at 1038am I am still sitting on the aircraft at 448pm. Took us hours to get a lousy $8.00 and also a $50.00 credit that I will never use because I will never fly this airline again.
RouteAlbany to Punta Gorda

"Terrible baggage policies"

Not Verified | Cincinnati to Phoenix. Do not check baggage unless you are on your return trip! I was on a direct flight on a Friday afternoon and my luggage was lost. It went to Savanna instead of Phoenix. I completed a lost luggage claim. The baggage handlers in Savanna knew they had a errant piece of luggage but did nothing to attempt to get it to the correct location. Allegiant’s policy states they will contact the passenger in 24 hours to inform them of the location of the luggage but by Monday afternoon I had still not heard from them. I finally received word that I would receive my luggage in Arizona Wednesday night, but I return to Cincinnati Wednesday morning! Now I will not get my luggage until February 4th-10 days after my departure! Terrible baggage policies and extremely poor customer service.
RouteCincinnati to Phoenix
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"changed our flight time"

Not Verified | Allegiant notified us nine days before flying that they had changed our flight time to six hours later in the day, effectively cutting a half-day off of our vacation. No explanation was given other than it was a "market decision". This caused issues with our booked accommodations and in meeting up with another couple. The solutions offered involved either driving 2/2.5 hours to fly out of another city (and the accompanying cost of a rental car and overnight hotel), fly four days earlier (sooner than our accommodations reservation) or, cancel our reservation which was made in early December and try and re-book on another airline. None of these were acceptable so we were forced to cancel and re-book at a cost $220 higher than our Allegiant tickets. We had flown Allegiant before without a problem, but, this ridiculous situation will likely mean we would no longer even consider flying Allegiant. We last flew Allegiant in either 2016 or 2017.
RouteIndianapolis to Orlando
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"you get what you pay for"

Trip Verified | Indianapolis to St. Petersburg. Overall very low budget airline and you get what you pay for with this company. Understand you are getting a very cheap flight to your destination with no frills or thrills and limited functionality from other airlines. No WiFi and they nickel and dime you to death. They will stop you and charge fees for the carryon almost habitually. Again you get what you pay for with this airline. It’s cheap they will get you there but everything else about it is pretty terrible from a customer stand point.
RouteIndianapolis to St. Petersburg
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"not given us a full refund"

Trip Verified | Concord Regional to St Petersburg. After waiting two hours on a plane that never showed up, we were informed that our flight was cancelled and would not be rescheduled. It's been over two weeks and Allegiant still has not given us a full refund. Keeping monies paid for a product/service you don't provide is unethical and illegal. After multiple calls and emails the problem still isn't resolved and they still have our money. If you are reading this and considering booking with this abysmal airline do yourself a favor STAY AWAY!
RouteConcord Regional to St Petersburg