Allegiant Air

"Do not use Allegiant’s bundle options"

Trip Verified | Do not ever use Allegiant’s bundle options! This is the 2nd time I have tried to use them with a rental car option. Last time they claimed I did not have a car rental reserved despite my conf number. This time they bumped our flight from arriving at 8 pm to 10:30 pm We arrived with all car rental booths closed! Entire family waited until midnight for a taxi that cost $127 to get to our condo. I called Allegiant and was told I could go back to the airport at 8 am the next day- another $127 to get my rental. No reimbursement for the taxi, no apologies. Simply told me I should have checked Alamo hours! Really?
RouteColumbus to Savannah
Date FlownAugust 2020

"always pleasant in flight also"

Trip Verified | Customer service was great on the phone accommodating us after they changed our flight times! They are always pleasant in flight also. Glad to see direct flights from Fort Wayne! We rented a car with our airfare this time when they sent out a coupon for us to use. I do not recommend that at all! Ended up paying another $335 in fees at the rental center. Had I known I would have just rented on my own like we usually do and saved a few hundred dollars.
RouteFort Wayne to Las Vegas
Date FlownJuly 2020

"lost our luggage on a direct flight"

Not Verified | We flew from South Bend to Las Vegas 7/2/20 where baggage lost our luggage on a direct flight and was never found. We we’re told we could file a claim and be reimbursed for items lost and items we had to purchase while there. We filed a claim with receipts as proof two things in our suitcase and purchased things needed while there for almost $1900 we get an email today from the baggage claim saying they’re offering us $287 this is despicable. I will never step foot on a allegiant flight again. Why submit all these things with proof of cost if they aren’t going to even come close to giving you the money you spent and lost from them losing your baggage.
RouteSouth Bend to Las Vegas
Date FlownJuly 2020

"flight time was changed 3 times"

Trip Verified | I have traveled with Allegiant a lot. Until today I have not had a problem. After booking my flight my flight time was changed 3 times. The last change would have gotten me into Sanford at 10:00 pm then I have a 2.5 hour ride home and have to be to work at 5am. The big problem is that it is very obvious that the crew with this airline couldn’t possibly care less. They will do whatever they want and don’t care how it effects their passengers.
RoutePortsmouth to Sanford
Date FlownJuly 2020

"not be flying with this airline again"

Trip Verified | The day before departure, we were offered the opportunity to upgrade for a small fee. Considering that I’m an exceptionally tall person, my girlfriend immediately took advantage of the opportunity and got us seats in the front row. Our seats were confirmed at the gate but upon boarding the plane, we were informed that their policy is to keep the front rows empty. As I write this, my knees are in the seat back in front of me and will not be flying with this airline again.
RouteSanford to Evansville

"the worst airline ever"

Not Verified | By far the worst airline ever. My flight got delayed twice. There departure times are never accurate. The staff working on the plane were not paying attention on their jobs and instead on there phones. I’ve been waiting at my gate since 2:30 in the afternoon expecting to leave at 4:30 but had to wait another hour or so to leave at 6:10-15.
RouteTulsa to Destin
Date FlownJuly 2020

"won't be flying with them again"

Trip Verified | They did not do much to prevent Covid or practice social distancing. They didn't sanitize after the fight before us got off, we lined up and got right on after. They handed out masks but it was optional to wear them. They also condensed fights and every seat was full. Had i known all this i wouldn't have flown with them. Very disappointing! We won't be flying with them again.
RouteRockford to Sanford
Date FlownJune 2020

"packed in like sardines"

Trip Verified | Reno to Las Vegas. As COVID cases are raising, this airline is doing absolutely nothing to help prevent the spread. They have the airplane packed in like sardines. They’ve also double booked seats. I would not have flown if I would’ve know they were being this careless.
RouteReno to Las Vegas
Date FlownJune 2020

"plane was full with no social distancing"

Trip Verified | Allentown to Punta Gorda. I returned my rental car to enterprise and they didn’t have the phone number for Allegiant even though they are in the same building. An enterprise agent did wheelchair me to the check in counter. Then they sat me in the wheelchair waiting for someone to come. After 15 minutes I used the ladies room. Again waited...I felt that I needed to struggle walking to the gate as no one showed up and I didn’t want to miss my flight. Two couples without masks were allowed on the plane and the plane was full with no social distancing. From Florida to Allentown everyone had an empty seat next to them. Not on the way! Have they forgotten how deadly the virus is? So within a month we went from being responsible and trying to keep distance between people and now it’s as though the covid-19 is a non issue.
RouteAllentown to Punta Gorda
Date FlownJune 2020

"people not wearing a mask"

Trip Verified | I am an emergency room physician. My wife and i are both over 60. Shame on Allegiant for risking my life and those of the other 100 or so people on that plane by not following basic protocols for social distancing. We arrive at the airport and loading instead of being done in a organized fashion maintaining the 6 feet spacing is business as usual as people are standing on top of each other in the aisles. After landing in Niagara Falls it was really bad as no attempt to keep people seated to offload appropriately was even tried. In addition people are on the place not wearing a mask. Middle seats were not left open. It was business as usual.
RoutePunta Gorda to Niagara Falls