Allegiant Air

"never book a flight with Allegiant again"

Not Verified | I can't say enough bad things about this airline. How they still operate is beyond me. They delayed my flight multiple times making me leave at 1140 pm. I called customer service and after waiting 30 minutes was greeted by a very rude and condescending woman. I asked her if the flight was going to cancelled or if they will still flying at almost midnight. She was not helpful and told me they'll fly even if it's 3 in the morning or else I'll have to take the next flight in 1 week! I originally paid extra for the very front row seats and they ended up changing and moving me back with no explanation and no price adjustment. At approximately 854pm I was notified that our flight was now leaving at 1000pm. I hopped in my truck and booked it to the airport (25 mins away). I was already checked in and only bringing a carry-on so I ran to my gate. I arrived there at 935 and guess what? The plane wasn't even there yet! I will never book a flight with Allegiant again. They advertise low prices but by the time you pay for seat selection and fees, you pay just as much as other airlines that operate at a professional level.
RouteCharleston to Cincinnati
Date FlownApril 2021

"Complete nightmare. Never use them"

Not Verified | It took 40 minutes on the phone to book. Could not understand the agent and the process was so complicated. Drove 3 hours to the airport to find the trip canceled and they had no other options. They could not work with other airlines to book me because they have no relationships with any. Complete nightmare. Never use them.
RouteBoston to Sarasota
Date FlownApril 2021

"Check in was a nightmare"

Not Verified | Very upsetting with their customer service. Everyone in the Orlando airport was extremely rude. Check in was a nightmare causing us to miss our flight along with 20 other people going to different destinations. I will never fly Allegiant again nor will I ever recommend them.
RoutePortsmouth to Orlando
Date FlownApril 2021

"They are never consistent with anything"

Not Verified | Horrible Airline. Stay away at all costs. They will cancel flights to merge flights so they can fill the plane. They are never consistent with anything.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Asheville
Date FlownMarch 2021

"I have never had such an unacceptable experience"

Trip Verified | I have never had such an unacceptable experience. My spouse and I are teachers and wanted to travel on spring break, from Chicago to Asheville. Spring break is only a week long. They cancelled our flight and only offered another one four days later, impossible on spring break of only 7 days. Our vacation, after finally getting vaccinated and teaching remotely for a year, was ruined. They offered a refund, which was nice - I suppose, but we lost our vacation. They wouldn’t rebook us on another airline, and had no other options other than leaving days later. If you want to get somewhere on a specific date and time, avoid this airline. Here I sit - at home, when I should be on a vacation I spent hours planning and paying for.
RouteMidway to Asheville
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Don't bother with this airline"

Trip Verified | Don't bother with this airline. Their low rates very quickly go away as soon as you want any bags, to pick a seat, even to get water during your flight. They literally charge for everything. Additionally, I booked a package deal with them and yet was charged by the rental car company and the hotel in addition to the package price I already had paid. Additionally, it is obvious they don't clean their planes between flights. That's bad enough in a normal environment. But completely inexcusable as we deal with COVID. They should be ashamed of themselves. And no one should ever fly this airline. Additionally, no one responds to e-mails or online chats or picks up the customer service phone.
RouteRockford to Orlando
Date FlownMarch 2021

"plane was not disinfected or sanitary"

Not Verified | The plane was not disinfected or sanitary like promised. My seat was filthy and they did nothing about it. I arrive at the airport early it was closed. I waited outside for it to open no big deal. We board the plane and about 20 minutes later start running into delays normal. We had to deplane so they could fix an issue. After about an hour of waiting for answers the intercom goes off “stop asking us questions it’s not our fault your flight is delayed if you want answers ask the flight attendants and pilots” of course they were sitting in plane when this announcement went off. About 30 minutes later they told us we will have an update in about an hour telling the status if the plane. That update didn’t come for a hour and a half. My flight was suppose to leave at 5pm now it is 9pm and they tell us our flight is cancelled and to not talk to them until after we have received our bags. We wait an HOUR to receive or bags from baggage claim by threat time the airport was closed and they didn’t have any answers for us on why the flight was canceled. Left many people stranded because there was no Uber’s or lyfts just the airport shuffle that took you to a $200 hotel a night. They didn’t even offer or give out any vouchers or discounts. I heard them tell multiple people that this is a typical thing Allegiant Air does and I even asked myself. Okay fast forward 24hours I’m back at the airport only to board a disgusting plane. It had gum in my tray and filthy area. It’s surprising because it’s COVID 19 and you didn’t disinfect or sanatize the seats before allowing people to board the plane. And getting a hold of customer service is a 5 day task they are terrible. I highly recommend flying with anyone but Allegiant, that was my first and definitely my last time. Allegiant just wants your money they don’t follow protocols.
RouteAustin to Grand Rapids

Allegiant Air customer review

Not Verified | Flight will leave even when you make it on time. My bags were on the plane and I arrived at 6.40, 20 minutes before the plane was scheduled to depart at 7. A girl boarded 30 seconds before I got there. The staff were extremely unkind to me, he told me I was not able to board even though I made the flight by 20 minutes. My family was on the flight already and told them I was running late. Terrible service. My bags were on the plane, it departed with my bags still on. No refunds or apologies by anyone. I would not recommend this airline.
RoutePittsburgh to Charleston
Date FlownMarch 2021

"none of them was professional"

Trip Verified | From the front desk staff at the airport to customer service answering your phone call none of them was professional on a scale 1-10 I would give them 1. I wish if I had read the reviews before I booked this flight.
RouteMemphis to Los Angeles

"Very poor service"

Trip Verified | I was an hour early to the airport, had my luggage claimed then went to TSA to find out that my flight had departed. I called 3 times, first woman hung up on me, trying to act like she couldn’t hear me when she clearly shuddered twice when I spoke to her while she “couldn’t hear me”, then hung up. Second call was a supervisor, she was extremely unprofessional and hung up on me as well when I told her I was going to write a review. Then last I had a call with a staff member who was patient and tried his best to provide me information to create a claim. This flight will take your luggage and still leave without you before the flight is scheduled to take off. Very inconsiderate of their customers. They left me with no clothing and the next flight was 5 days away, they did nothing to accommodate this inconvenience. Very poor service. Literally makes me sick to my stomach since I’ve been a regular customer for years.
RouteLas Vegas to Laredo