Allegiant Air

"I wouldn’t recommend Allegiant Air"

Trip Verified | Never got to go on this flight as it delayed so many times over the course of two full days. Was scheduled to take off at 9:19 am on October 1 and didn’t depart until almost 6pm on October 2. When we received a delay announcement on day two after the long day sitting at the airport and waiting, paying for hotels and loosing our rental car, condo reservations and boat passes at our Destination, we opted to contact Allegiant via phone and with no explanation other than maintenance, they refunded our money. The disregard of the staff for what they had put us through was the reason for this review. There was no compensation for our troubles other than the refund which we were grateful for. But we all spent 2 days in Columbus for no reason whatsoever! I wouldn’t recommend Allegiant Air to anyone that needs to actually get somewhere.
RouteRickenbacker to Savannah
Date FlownOctober 2020

"no social distancing on these planes"

Not Verified | Phoenix AZ to Rockford with Allegiant Air. There is no social distancing on these planes, every seat is filled. Not very safe in these times right now, I was very dissatisfied to see this. I won’t use again during the pandemic.
RoutePhoenix AZ to Rockford IL
Date FlownOctober 2020

"disregard for the health of the passengers"

Not Verified | I am sitting on a flight, ready to take off. Around me are passengers who are not wearing their masks correctly ... under their nose, on their chin. The steward when told, clearly, could not care less. As we boarded, one stewardess stood in the front, greeting the oncoming passengers slowly sipping a drink. I guess as they say, you get what you pay for - but the blatant disregard for the health of the passengers, who do care, it is appalling.
RouteAllentown PA to Fort Lauderdale FL
Date FlownOctober 2020

"everyone was crammed in two seats"

Trip Verified | Got on the plane, everyone was crammed in two seats. They had tons of open seats, asked if I could move she was not happy with me. What happened to 6 feet apart and Covid?
RouteBelleville to St Pete Clearwater
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"not a proponent of masks"

Trip Verified | Allegiant air refused me boarding. I was waiting in the boarding area when an agent told me I must cover my nose. At this point I was over 10 feet away and no one within 10 feet or more. In 5 or so minutes he came back by and told me to cover my nose. At this point I moved out of sight and sat down with my back to them. Around me were 9 to 10 people who were not covering noses, just in the area I was in. When time for boarding came the agent would not let me board. I did have the mask on and nose covered because I was in social distance of people. I asked for a supervisor and she would not let me on based on the agents testimony. This supervisor was intent on not letting me board. I asked to talk to her supervisor. After a brief conversation with her supervisor she said I could board. I had to promise to keep the mask on. I was the last person on the plane. When on the plane I was upgraded to the front of the plane so they could watch me. My cabin mates across from me were not obeying and had there masks below their noses. Numerous times the stewards would pass and not say anything to them about there masks. I hope that Allegiant air will give some sensitivity training to their employees in this pandemic time. I am definitely not a proponent of masks for all situations. There are times like on a plane where I believe they might do something, but come on man, when your 10 feet or so away let's get real. Science hasn't convinced me totally on how a masked society at large could save the world. I was constantly monitored on the plane about my mask when right next to me were 2 people that obviously were allowed to wear there masks below their nose without any mention.
RouteLas Vegas to Santa Maria
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"never book this airline again"

Trip Verified | I got to the front desk to check in my bags to receive my military discount am hour and a half before my flight. No one ever came to the counter. Me and 8 other people missed the flight because of needed to check a bag. Sat on the customer service line for over a hour trying to get assistance. One a representative came to the line he then proceeded to tell me per his records he show I am the only person that missed the flight. I then asked him to repeat his self for the other people standing here who also missed boarding the same flight. Then and only then did a manager come to the phone and tell me the best she can do is book me for the next flight which is 3 days away at the price $75. So not only did they cause me to miss my flight but also charged me for another one. The staff was so unprofessional and didn’t care. Everyone had to purchase new flights. I will never book this airline again.
RouteLos Angeles to Memphis
Date FlownAugust 2020

"not my fault for the delay"

Trip Verified | Ok, so I understand things happen. Flights get delayed, canceled, whatever. If thats the case, however, then accomodations must be made. I did my part by arriving early and prepared to board. Im paying to get from point a to point b at certain times. Its not my fault for the delay. So now Im here, stuck at an airport where i was just told we will have to leave because its closing. I'm losing a day or more (since they have no idea when the next flight will be)of work, i have a brother who will miss this flight and another since he is going to another destination. My 2 year old diaebetic daughter has no place to stay and i have no means of getting them to another location. The best the staff could offer? That I, me, not them, call customer relations. Do the right thing. If you cant hold to your end of the bargain, then you must make things right. What a joke.
RouteIdaho Falls to Phoenix
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Do not use Allegiant’s bundle options"

Trip Verified | Do not ever use Allegiant’s bundle options! This is the 2nd time I have tried to use them with a rental car option. Last time they claimed I did not have a car rental reserved despite my conf number. This time they bumped our flight from arriving at 8 pm to 10:30 pm We arrived with all car rental booths closed! Entire family waited until midnight for a taxi that cost $127 to get to our condo. I called Allegiant and was told I could go back to the airport at 8 am the next day- another $127 to get my rental. No reimbursement for the taxi, no apologies. Simply told me I should have checked Alamo hours! Really?
RouteColumbus to Savannah
Date FlownAugust 2020

"always pleasant in flight also"

Trip Verified | Customer service was great on the phone accommodating us after they changed our flight times! They are always pleasant in flight also. Glad to see direct flights from Fort Wayne! We rented a car with our airfare this time when they sent out a coupon for us to use. I do not recommend that at all! Ended up paying another $335 in fees at the rental center. Had I known I would have just rented on my own like we usually do and saved a few hundred dollars.
RouteFort Wayne to Las Vegas
Date FlownJuly 2020

"lost our luggage on a direct flight"

Not Verified | We flew from South Bend to Las Vegas 7/2/20 where baggage lost our luggage on a direct flight and was never found. We we’re told we could file a claim and be reimbursed for items lost and items we had to purchase while there. We filed a claim with receipts as proof two things in our suitcase and purchased things needed while there for almost $1900 we get an email today from the baggage claim saying they’re offering us $287 this is despicable. I will never step foot on a allegiant flight again. Why submit all these things with proof of cost if they aren’t going to even come close to giving you the money you spent and lost from them losing your baggage.
RouteSouth Bend to Las Vegas