Allegiant Air

Customer rating from 1975 reviews

Allegiant Air customer review

Flew Allegiant for the first time from Bellingham to Maui. Flights were fantastic (left on time and arrive in Maui 30 minutes early). We are a family of 4 from British Columbia Canada and by flying Allegiant we were able to save over $3000 in air fare. The flight wasn't full so you could spread out between the seats or sleep on 3 if you wish. We brought our own food and purchased bottle water at the airport. Yes the planes are basic and don't have TV's etc. but if you're prepared (bring your own portable DVD players cards books etc) the flight was good (actually spent time talking to our kids rather than having their noses stuck to their phones). Would definitely fly Allegiant again already planning our next trip!

Allegiant Air customer review

Niagara Fall to Clearwater. Waited close to 12 hours on the trip down only to have it cancelled late that night. We were not allowed to leave the airport let alone go outside for some fresh air. Staff at the airport were very accommodating and apologetic however the person who was calling the shots on how to handle the issues missed the ball entirely. Finally got out the next morning with another 2 hour delay. Coming home there was another mechanical issue with our plane and we were delayed another 4 hours. An awful experience.

Allegiant Air customer review

Flew from Niagara Fall to Clearwater. It was supposed to be a 3 day get away. Waited close to 12 hours on the trip down only to have it cancelled late that night there were no other planes available. The staff at the airport were very accommodating and apologetic however the person who was calling the shots on how to handle the issues missed the ball entirely. We finally got out the next morning. There were quite a few Allegiant planes at the terminal the next morning not sure where they were the day before. Coming home there was another mechanical issue with our plane and we were delayed another 2 hours. We've flown many times and have never experienced any lengthy delays like this one. Our whole trip was book thru Allegiant waiting on rebates hope that comes on time!

Allegiant Air customer review

Got what we paid for. Yes the airfare is cheap however when you starting adding up the extras it will amount to the same price. We flew from Bellingham WA to Honolulu it was about a 6 hr flight. The seats do not lean back. Therefore for the whole 6 hours you are sitting straight up. We will never fly Allegiant Air again. Customer service is horrible both on the phone and onboard. They are unknowledgeable. I hope Allegiant is reading these reviews and take notice.

Allegiant Air customer review

I paid for carry on luggage since I was only on a 3 day trip to PIE out of LEX. I requested wheelchair assistance which they provided without problems. The kids who brought me to and from the gate at both airports were great. Boarding the plane in LEX the flight attendant looked at me as I got out of the wheelchair and looked at my carry-on. She asked if I could lift it and I said no I would need help. She practically ripped it from my hands and said "well I can't do it for you" and said it would be gate checked. I let that go but on the return flight again I was asked if I needed help and again I said yes. She threw it in the overhead and said "next time check it!". I will gladly pay more for another airline to avoid flying with them again.

Allegiant Air customer review

I was on a flight from Montana to Las Vegas. Plane arrived 2 hours late was not given a reason or an apology. Once everyone boarded the and were just about to take off (or so we thought) the plane had "technical difficulties" and we were forced to sit on the parked plane for another hour and a half! The flight attendants were rude and did nothing to make us feel comfortable as we sat there with no explanation as to what was even going on or when we'd be leaving. I then missed my connecting flight because we were five hours late getting to the airport and was stranded in the Las Vegas airport by myself forced to spend $540 on a new ticket to my final destination to Chicago. They charge you for every bag the service is unbelievably poor. They do not care about their customers.

Allegiant Air customer review

Sanford to South Bend and back. Flight home was Sunday Aug 18th 2013. I do fly this airline but things keep changing and flights getting cancelled. My complaint is that 2 travelers flying together getting tickets at the same time and paying with 1 credit card are put in two different rows. This is 2013 when you can do anything with technology. When I addressed this onboard I was spoken to rudely. My theory is I was being punished for not paying for my seat and other passengers agreed.

Allegiant Air customer review

We travelled for 3 years on Allegiant from various locations in Montana and Sioux Falls as flights were a great deal and they were direct flights to LA. Last year the charges for carry on luggage were introduced and that was just about a deal breaker. Then when we had to exit from the back of the plane on the LAX landing strip after two hours in the plane due to another mechanical problem after having waited approx. 3 hours on our trip down the week earlier due to mechanical problems that was the last straw. We no longer felt safe on this airline the numerous mechanical delays you read on this website site attest to this. It was a good airline once. It was a good value once. No more.

Allegiant Air customer review

A week ago our daughter and granddaughter travelled on a direct flight from LAX to Billings MT. They were to arrive at 8.05pm. They arrived at 1.50am. A 6 hour delay. They were given $8 in food vouchers. Since we are an hour from the airport we didn't get to bed until 3.30am. Shockingly enough just 7 days later on their return flight yesterday they were again delayed. This time 7 hours! They were supposed to leave at 8.05pm but were delayed until 2.50am. They didn't arrive home until 7.45am. This time they got $8 food vouchers and $50 trip vouchers which are useless as we will never use this airline again.

Allegiant Air customer review

Their rates aren't that cheap after totalling all of the add-ons and my time is much more valuable! Arrived at the gate in Vegas exactly 1 hour before we were to leave. They did not start boarding until 20 minutes before plane was to take off it took almost 45 minutes for them to get the plane loaded. After waiting in line to take off we were almost an hour late leaving Las Vegas. When we landed in Grand Junction another Allegiant jet was in our space. We sat on the tarmac again. They had two people to work both planes! Luggage was another hour. A 57 minute flight took us 5.5 hours! We could have driven from Grand Junction to Las Vegas in the time it took us for this direct fight.