Allegiant Air

"flight time was changed 3 times"

Trip Verified | I have traveled with Allegiant a lot. Until today I have not had a problem. After booking my flight my flight time was changed 3 times. The last change would have gotten me into Sanford at 10:00 pm then I have a 2.5 hour ride home and have to be to work at 5am. The big problem is that it is very obvious that the crew with this airline couldn’t possibly care less. They will do whatever they want and don’t care how it effects their passengers.
RoutePortsmouth to Sanford
Date FlownJuly 2020

"not be flying with this airline again"

Trip Verified | The day before departure, we were offered the opportunity to upgrade for a small fee. Considering that I’m an exceptionally tall person, my girlfriend immediately took advantage of the opportunity and got us seats in the front row. Our seats were confirmed at the gate but upon boarding the plane, we were informed that their policy is to keep the front rows empty. As I write this, my knees are in the seat back in front of me and will not be flying with this airline again.
RouteSanford to Evansville

"the worst airline ever"

Not Verified | By far the worst airline ever. My flight got delayed twice. There departure times are never accurate. The staff working on the plane were not paying attention on their jobs and instead on there phones. I’ve been waiting at my gate since 2:30 in the afternoon expecting to leave at 4:30 but had to wait another hour or so to leave at 6:10-15.
RouteTulsa to Destin
Date FlownJuly 2020

"won't be flying with them again"

Trip Verified | They did not do much to prevent Covid or practice social distancing. They didn't sanitize after the fight before us got off, we lined up and got right on after. They handed out masks but it was optional to wear them. They also condensed fights and every seat was full. Had i known all this i wouldn't have flown with them. Very disappointing! We won't be flying with them again.
RouteRockford to Sanford
Date FlownJune 2020

"packed in like sardines"

Trip Verified | Reno to Las Vegas. As COVID cases are raising, this airline is doing absolutely nothing to help prevent the spread. They have the airplane packed in like sardines. They’ve also double booked seats. I would not have flown if I would’ve know they were being this careless.
RouteReno to Las Vegas
Date FlownJune 2020

"plane was full with no social distancing"

Trip Verified | Allentown to Punta Gorda. I returned my rental car to enterprise and they didn’t have the phone number for Allegiant even though they are in the same building. An enterprise agent did wheelchair me to the check in counter. Then they sat me in the wheelchair waiting for someone to come. After 15 minutes I used the ladies room. Again waited...I felt that I needed to struggle walking to the gate as no one showed up and I didn’t want to miss my flight. Two couples without masks were allowed on the plane and the plane was full with no social distancing. From Florida to Allentown everyone had an empty seat next to them. Not on the way! Have they forgotten how deadly the virus is? So within a month we went from being responsible and trying to keep distance between people and now it’s as though the covid-19 is a non issue.
RouteAllentown to Punta Gorda
Date FlownJune 2020

"people not wearing a mask"

Trip Verified | I am an emergency room physician. My wife and i are both over 60. Shame on Allegiant for risking my life and those of the other 100 or so people on that plane by not following basic protocols for social distancing. We arrive at the airport and loading instead of being done in a organized fashion maintaining the 6 feet spacing is business as usual as people are standing on top of each other in the aisles. After landing in Niagara Falls it was really bad as no attempt to keep people seated to offload appropriately was even tried. In addition people are on the place not wearing a mask. Middle seats were not left open. It was business as usual.
RoutePunta Gorda to Niagara Falls
Date FlownJune 2020

"concerned about the crowded conditions"

Not Verified | We provided this complaint into the Airline’s email complaint system, then posted letters to the CEO of Allegiant and the Washington State Department of Health. We then submitted an official complaint to the FAA. Three days later, we have yet to receive a response. So much for government accountability! Allegiant Flight 582 on May 24, 2020 from Mesa, AZ to Pasco, WA Regarding the subject flight, we were very concerned about the crowded conditions on the subject plane. Most rows had every seat taken. In our row the middle seat was taken by an individual who was not a family member and not wearing a mask. My wife, Marjorie and I are also a member of a vulnerable group, age 70 and above. There was never any opportunity given to us to request to be seated in a row that complied with social distance guidelines. We wore masks and gloves for the entire flight, but wonder if these measures were sufficient given the crowded conditions in your plane. I might remind you that New York subways had high death rates when train were crowded with passengers. There were a number of children who were crying almost the entire flight. The flight attendant did give a bottle of water to one of the infants, and that seem to calm that child down. What other measures might have been taken like giving some candy? Upon boarding your plane, we were given a package containing a mask, gloves and Sani wipes but there was no requirement to use them. We noted that the next flight announced boarding before we even reached the luggage area. I conclude that the plane could not have been completely cleaned by the airline personnel! Thinking back on our flight, boarding was started 10 or 15-minutes after the last passenger debarked! I conclude that both flights (and most likely all flights made by that plane on that day) could not have been properly cleaned. Was it your plan to leave up to passengers to clean their own areas? If so, this deficiency should have been announced to all passengers. We were not traveling for pleasure, instead travel for us was essential as we were attending the funeral of my father who died at an age of 95.
RouteMesa to Pasco
Date FlownMay 2020

"attendants did not wear masks"

Not Verified | Extremely disappointed with Allegiant Air. Before booking air travel for an elderly family member we were assured of the safety measures that they were taking to prevent the spread of Covid 19. We were told that seats were being assigned to insure social distancing of passengers (ie. Not assigning the middle seat) and that all passengers would receive a safety pouch with mask, gloves and sanitizing wipes. Our family member was seated in a FULL row with a very full plane. No safety pouches were ever distributed (masks only were offered -not required). Once in the air they proceeded to have drink service and attendants did not wear masks! The passenger right next to our family member ordered 2 drinks. Of course consuming them without a mask. Does this sound like a safe flight to you? Very upset and concerned for our family member. Please be aware air travel not as safe as the airline might make it sound.
RoutePunta Gorda to Rochester
Date FlownApril 2020

"I should not have lost $174"

Not Verified | During virus scare my flight was cancelled. When I received a voucher for the flight it was for $174 less than I paid. I used a voucher when I booked the original flight and they did not give me credit for it. Because they cancelled the flight I should not have lost $174.
RouteCleveland to Punta Gorda, FL