Allegiant Air

"make sure all our questions were answered"

Not Verified | My review is based on a flight (Detroit to St Pete Clearwater) this coming week which, we canceled due to the coronavirus. I had heard the wait was long so I prepared for such a wait at this trying time for all. My wait was a little over 2 hrs. I was happy to get a wonderful gal in the other end who was thoughtful and took time to make sure all of our questions were answered regarding getting our refund and how to use in the future. She waited until the emails came in and made sure we got or vouchers. It made the expected wait time all worth it.
RouteDetroit to St Pete Clearwater
Date FlownNovember 2019

"least military friendly airline"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Springfield. Allegiant has to be the least military friendly airline operating in the US. First they change their baggage policy to require active duty to be flying with dependents, without notifying customers, which makes no sense. Especially in light of the fact that our spouses can't fly right now due to DOD orders. Then, when active military can't fly due to DOD order, they want to charge a cancellation fee online (even though they say they don't) OR you can call a number that is always busy. We have several reservations to fly with them, and considering we either have to fly now/later or get a voucher, we have no option for full refunds and are forced to complete travel or lose money. Ticket prices with Allegiant ARE NOT cost effective when you have to check multiple bags, as many military families do due to living so far away from home. We will never book another flight with Allegiant again.
RouteLos Angeles to Springfield
Date FlownMarch 2020

"make changes without penalty"

Not Verified | Trying to change my son's flight due to the Corona virus!! What a nightmare. Started the process 2 days ago. They said you could make changes without penalty. I tried doing that through the website but it would not let me. The number busy for days. I drove to the airport an hour away to be turned away. Currently been on hold for 2 hours starting at 12.45 am. Ridiculous. Never again will I use this airline!
Date FlownMarch 2020

"never fly with Allegiant again"

Not Verified | Phoenix to South bend. Allegiant Air has the worst customer service of any airline I have ever experienced. Despite efforts of emailing, calling and Facebook messages multiple times over the last week, we could not reach one airline employee. Finally, we decided to go to the airport in hopes of a flight change. Despite an email from Allegiant on the 8th stating that flights could be changed due to the pandemic, they would not stand behind their offer to change our flight. Around $400 was lost on the flight. I will never fly with Allegiant again nor suggest them to anyone.
RoutePhoenix to South bend

"Her luggage was lost"

Trip Verified | Nashville to Gulfport. My sister and I fly together. We checked our luggage at the same time at the Allegiant air ticket counter. When we arrived in Gulfport, only my luggage appeared on the conveyor. Her luggage was lost. It took about 27 phone calls and several emails before being able to reach customer service. I spoke with Two customer service representatives. The first one was Carol. She was rude, degrading and hateful. And then I was conveniently disconnected. When I finally reached a second representative, Orlando, he was also unconcerned. Final results of spending my very first day, without luggage, on my vacation, was that my luggage would be shipped to the resort but Boone was able to tell me when it would arrive. I was also told that I needed to keep receipts of anything that I purchased, within reason. And I asked if I would be reimbursed, her response was, “why else would I ask you to keep your receipts”. The second person, Orlando told me not to purchase any namebrand items or they would not reimburse me for those things. There was no compassion that my vacation was ruined. There was only 39 people on the airplane. Two people did not receive their luggage.
RouteNashville to Gulfport
Date FlownMarch 2020

"more reliable airlines out there"

Trip Verified | Bismarck to Las Vegas return. The flight itself was good. But we had about a 1.5 hour delay before we left and over a 2 hour delay leaving which messed up a lot of our plans. Customer service after our 2 hour delay was horrible! Think twice about using Allegiant! Their are plenty other more reliable airlines out there!
RouteBismarck to Las Vegas

"There was no refund"

Trip Verified | Punta Gorda to Indianapolis. I have always flown Allegiant and I fly quite often. With this Coronavirus scare, and reading that there will be no penalty for canceling a flight, I tried emailing, calling and Facebook messenger to connect with someone. No response and via phone for the past few days all it says is all lines are busy. Are they deliberately doing this so no cancellation can be made during this time? I finally cancelled my return trip via the app. There was no refund. Now I’m stuck. I will never fly Allegiant again! I will pay more for a flight and fly an airline with better customer service!
RoutePunta Gorda to Indianapolis
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"such an unethical company"

Trip Verified | Allegiant is such an unethical company. We had a flight from LA to Boise. They cancelled our flight and told us they would refund our money or let us take another flight 4 days later. The amount they offered did not come close to covering the costs of the cancellation between food, hotel, transportation, etc. Even more atrocious is their customer service. I tried calling customer service to find out what to do and literally waited for OVER 3 hours without anyone every picking up. I then drove to the airport at 7:00 in the evening and there was not a single Allegiant representative at Los Angeles Airport. I tried to chat online but they were kept giving me an all agents are busy. I wasn't able to get ahold of anyone until after I got home and they were very rude and unapologetic. Their excuse is they are busy.
RouteLos Angeles to Boise
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not accommodating at all"

Not Verified | Cedar Rapids to St Petersburg . Asked to get a credit on flight dates and times due to the outbreak of the corona virus. Allegiant was not accommodating at all. Charged you 99.00 per person and the difference between the price of tickets now and future prices. We purchased tickets for 200.00 for existing trip and would have had to pay 400.00 per ticket to change our dates. Every other airline has been making accommodations for flights and offering vouchers. Not Allegiant! I hold their MasterCard and use their airlines often. We will be finding other airports to fly out of and will discontinue with their MasterCard. It’s very unfortunate when not everyone is on board with unforeseen events.
RouteCedar Rapids to St Petersburg
Date FlownMarch 2020

"single worst flight experience"

Not Verified | Allentown to Sanford. Not one part of this experience was enjoyable. They boarded us an hour and a half before our flight took off, as soon as everyone was ready to depart they said we would be on the runway for an hour and 10 minutes. As soon as we landed there were more problems and we remained on the runway for over 40 minutes as no stairs were attached for us to depart. The single worst flight experience my family has ever had.
RouteAllentown to Sanford