Allegiant Air

"Messed up our baggage claim"

Trip Verified | Sarasota to Harrisburg. Messed up our baggage claim and then proceeded to make us wait to get our bag from someone who took them. No one at counter. Been waiting over an hour for our luggage. Worst service, slowest people, once they have your money they don’t care about you at all.
RouteSarasota to Harrisburg
Date FlownMay 2019

"they don’t have a crew member"

Not Verified | Indianapolis to Sarasota. I have long given Allegiant the benefit of the doubt but my patience has expired, too many delays and not because of weather but because they don’t have the crew to support flying on their jets, we are delayed once again because they don’t have a crew member here going on three hours delayed and weather is perfect and not departing any time soon. I’m very disappointed in Allegiant. Allegiant needs to employ more employees so that you can have the crew available that is required. I’m going to have to seriously consider to stop flying with Allegiant and i am a monthly+ flyer.
RouteIndianapolis to Sarasota

"Good riddance Allegiant"

Trip Verified | Oklahoma City to Orlando. Worse Customer Service I have ever experienced. Was on hold for an hour to reschedule an upcoming flight due to a family illness, staff was rude and wanted to charge full price to reschedule, thats not going to happen! My family has used Allegiant multiple times in the past and will never use them again. Frontier is just as competitive and has much better customer service. Good riddance Allegiant.
RouteOklahoma City to Orlando
Date FlownMay 2019

"costs more in time and aggravation"

Trip Verified | Cincinnati to Ft Lauderdale. 8:00 am departure, now 4th delay leaving at 4:30. How is that ok? I asked gate agent after first delay if I should change airlines because I had an important business meeting. No. So I believed him and had no outbound flights available. Ruined so many plans and wasted so much money. 2 hour luggage line each way. Only fly this airline if you don’t care when you get there. This costs way more in time and aggravation than you can save.
RouteCincinnati to Ft Lauderdale

"Allegiant is a scam"

Trip Verified | Stockton to Mesa. Allegiant is a scam! My fiancé had 2 flight (round trip) scheduled and paid in full for an out of state job interview. I have to accommodate on a conflicting schedule and had to arrive a little earlier and couldn’t make the first flight. I had plan to fly back on the return flight. Unbeknownst to us, Allegiant decided to cancel the entire flight including the return flight as well? What kind of service is this? I agreed, the flex trip wasn’t paid for so the 1st flight should be cancel without a refund. No problem, but for them to also cancel the return flight that we had paid for separately is just plain straight scam! This airline is the worst and comes up with tactic and loop hole like this to scam people. So if you plan on doing a round trip without a flex trip fee paid, it’s best if you just pay one way each so if Allegiant cancel the flight you missed, then they won’t be able to cancel the other one as well. Such an incompetent airline and this is how they scam people. A con artist airline that is out there with tons of small loop holes to scam customers. It was on the last day and we were put on hold for more than an hour. Didn’t want to argue with the lady on the phone so the lady said she will only charge us an additional $75 and she will be able to get me back on the return flight. So in addition to having to pay for the return flight I’m being charged an extra $75 because apparently it’s in their policy that if we missed the first flight, then the entire flight that was scheduled will be cancelled. So I question if the flight was to be scheduled separately then, they can’t automatically cancelled the entire flight?
RouteStockton to Mesa

"Cancelled return flight"

Trip Verified | Salt Lake City to Phoenix. Worst flight ever. Cancelled return flight at last minute. tried to reschedule and no flights available for 5 days. Cost me around $1000 to get back home to a different airport. I cannot believe they only refunded me $52 a ticket. How is this dishonest operation still in business? Could not get ahold of anyone on customer service. On hold for hours and emailed with no reply!
RouteSalt Lake City to Phoenix
Date FlownMay 2019

"they would pull up their socks"

Trip Verified | Bellingham to Las Vegas. I understand this is a cheap airline, but customer appreciation should still be afforded. We were delayed almost 3 hours at departure. Never once was an apology given. Finally when two Allegiant planes arrived we boarded and the other on schedule flight boarded. We sat there for a long time wondering again what the reason for the delay was. Meanwhile the on time plane next to us had left. Still not one Sorry about that. We have flown Allegiant dozens of times and after the bad publicity would think they would pull up their socks. Both to and fro flights had a number of empty seats. Now I can see why, especially when in the past the planes were full.
RouteBellingham to Las Vegas

"thankful and appreciative"

Not Verified | Sanford to South Bend with Allegiant Air. The flight attendant was very accommodating and helpful in getting me a more comfortable seat. I am 6’8, have an artificial knee, and was originally placed in the back. However, the attendant was nice enough to give me a whole aisle. I am very thankful and appreciative for their willingness to work with me on my leg room issue.
RouteSanford to South Bend
Date FlownMay 2019

"the very best experience"

Trip Verified | Flint to Clearwater. This was the very best experience we've had flying. We fly every year, and normally use Delta or Spirit. We decided to Allegiant a try, and we will only use them from now on. Getting through TSA and boarding the plane was a breeze! Very friendly, fast service. The seats were decent, we paid to sit in the exit row. They offered the typical drinks, snacks and alcoholic beverages for purchase. Was a smooth flight and no delays at all. The prices were unbeatable, too!! We paid nearly half what we usually pay other airlines. I highly recommend this airline.
RouteFlint to Clearwater

"The staff was pleasant"

Not Verified | Toledo to St. Pete–Clearwater. Amazing airline! My granddaughter and I just took a quick trip to Florida and back. The staff was pleasant, the seats were in perfect condition. Both ways were on time. I have nothing but good things to say about this airline. Price was also very good. Thanks for letting me give a shout out to them.
RouteToledo to St. Pete–Clearwater