AirAsia

AirAsia customer review

Seoul to Indonesia. My flight plan was supposed to be Seoul - Kuala Lumpur and Kuala Lumpur - Jakarta. The 2nd flight was delayed 2hrs and I missed my connecting flight in Jakarta because of that. Customer service agents didn't do anything except proposing I take the next flight (would get me stuck in Jakarta) or buy another flight ticket to my final destination. I choose the 2nd solution but didn't arrive at my final destination and lost over 200€ in the end.

(South Korea)

Bangkok-Phuket one-way economy Oct 2012. Price was a little more than I expected (about US$120) but online booking payment and seat selection was very easy. Flight departed on time and cabin crew seemed very determined to get everyone to destination as quickly and comfortably as possible. You pay for everything including water but food and drinks prices were very low. Seats reasonably comfortable. Overall satisfactory flight and I would fly them again.

(Malaysia)

KUL-LOP-KUL in October 2012. My first trip to Lombok Indonesia. Took advantage of the launch fares (RM 88) and can't complain about the price for a 3 hour 1200+ mile flight. LCCT was its usual mess but I have worked out my standard operating procedure so that I got to the departure hall in good time. Lombok international airport was a little better for departure but arrival hall clearance was slow. The flights were on time and uneventful. Typical AirAsia (AK) service.

(Thailand)

CNX-KUL. Arrived at airport about 30 minutes before scheduled departure time only to find that checkin stops 45 minutes before and the automatic check in machine was programmed not to check me in as I was deemed late. I checked in at the desk without any problem without checked bags. Plane was late inbound but we made up the time on the flight south. Standard AirAsia service with reasonable cabin crew. Not their latest aircraft but interior in good condition. I was lucky to be off the aircraft quickly as the skies opened and there was a short sharp downpour and anyone from the rear of the plane would have been a drowned rat as there is no jetway from AirAsia flights.

AirAsia customer review

3 hours delay on the flight Jakarta-Singapore. No information about what is going on delaying every half an hour. Horrible customer attention Service is awful.

(Malaysia)

The check-in at KLIA LCCT was chaotic. I took the 10pm flight from KUL to PEN on 27th August (after a very good flight on AirAsia Premium from SYD). I was already web-checked in with pre-paid luggage. The main check-in sign-board directed me to R52 - but when I arrived there it was closed even though I was exactly 2 hours ahead of departure time. Every queue was choked with people. I could not see any sign on the LCD screens for baggage drop-off. Every queue had the sign "Excess Baggage Payment" both on the board and at the start of the queue. I approached an usher who asked "What time is your flight?". She did not ask me "Have you web-checked-in?" and "Do you have excess baggage?". After about 1 hour I got to the front of the queue and dropped off my bags. After that I found out that I had been sent to the wrong queue. The was a queue for express luggage posted with a waist-high sign that had been hidden by all the queuing passengers. AirAsia is a real mess at LCCT. I have taken more than 50 AA flights including KUL PEN JHB SIN. KUL LCCT is shameful a disappointment to what is otherwise a great Low-Cost Airline.

AirAsia customer review

We flew BLR-KUL-CLARK in July-Aug and were pleasantly surprised at the level of service offered by AirAsia. We went in fearing worst after reading reviews about the airline and also about the LCCT in KL. However we came back fully satisfied with AirAsia's service and the amenities offered at LCCT. You really cannot expect more for the fares on offer and it wasn't as if there was a dearth of choices. Both airline and terminals were perfectly serviceable. My only suggestion to AirAsia would be to offer at least one vegetarian food choice on non-India routes.

(Thailand)

BKK-KUL BKK-HKT (two times) BKK-URT-BKK BKK-CEI-BKK. Flight was nice cabin crew helpful and responsible price cheap compared to other airlines. I would recommend them.

AirAsia customer review

Flew SYD/KUL and the KUL/PHUKET return. All flights on time web check in was good and saved long queues at the airport easily checked bags in at Sydney that were checked all the way through. No food or entertainment this was expected so was not a problem. Travelled with our 4 kids ensured they had colouring in books iPods etc. Flight was fine at the end of 9 hrs flying they were ready to get off but behaved well without normal flight gadgets. Also took my own food on board was not stopped and didn't have a problem. Staff not very friendly and don't bother you at all. Overnight flight home tried for Premium upgrade was not successful very difficult to sleep although the flight did seem quicker at night. Would recommend as long as you realise it is a budget airline.

(Indonesia)

Jakarta to Singapore (QZ7782) and back (QZ7789) on the same day. No delays. The right Low Cost Carrier experience: no frills no food no leg room efficient.