AirAsia

"Don't accept the credit"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Don't accept the credit. Cancelled my flight and offered a refund (pre-covid). Since then they have tried to convince me to accept a credit instead and they have stalled with giving me my refund. They were only 20$ cheaper for this trip compared to another company that I was supposed to fly another leg of my trip with. And that company has already given me my money back months ago because Airasia cancelled this part of the trip. If you accept the credit you change the terms of your initial deal and you are now subject to their new terms. By not accepting the credit they are still obligated to the conditions of your initial contract. You can demand your money back through the bank that handled the transaction. You can demand the money back through the card company if you paid via Visa, Mastercard etc.
RouteChiang Mai to Kolkata via Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2020

"they didn’t refund ticket money"

Trip Verified | Amritsar to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur booked for April 2020. I’m still waiting for my ticket canceled money they didn’t refund ticket money ticket was canceled from AirAsia because Covid-19.
AircraftAirAsia airline
RouteAmritsar to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur

"they will not refund"

Trip Verified | Kota Kinabalu to Kuala Lumpur. Do not use this company. My flight was cancelled for Covid 19 in April, and they will not refund for flights they cancelled and the insurance they provide does not cover this either.
RouteKota Kinabalu to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2020

"informed that I'll get a refund"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | My flight has been canceled and when I have contacted customer Service they told me that I must buy another tickets (for 3 people) and I'll get the refund. So I have purchased the new tickets. Then Lockdown and my airport has been closed. I wanted to contact customer Service, but There was no chance to reach someone There. As instructed on their website, I used AVA thing to cancel Our flight, then I had to buy new tickets again. Of course before cancelation I've been informed that I'll get a refund. Till today (since march) I didn't get a penny.
RouteCaticlan to Clark
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I have chosen credit account"

Trip Verified | I have booked them for Trip to Taiwan and unfortunately impacted by Covid-19. So i requested for a refund. In the beginning, it is voluntary, and then it is a credit account request and finally, it is refund back to original payment. So I have chosen credit account while the refund back to original payment is not available at this time. Soon when refund back to original becomes available, i raised refund case again. Then i have contacted them many times to advised them i only need the last case progress, and they said: "don't worry, we will process the latest case under your account." Then they choose to refund back to the account, not original payment method, and now refused to refund back to the original payment method.
RouteSydney to Taipei via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2020

"satisfied with the services"

Not Verified | Singapore to Sabah via Kuala Lumpur. I canceled my trips with AirAsia, and got fully refund into the credit account. The procedure took me around a month to be credit into my AirAsia member account. Although those credits have to be spent within a year, but I am glad and very satisfied with the services.
RouteSingapore to Sabah via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2020

"Been waiting for something"

Trip Verified | Been waiting for something, anything from Airasia since they canceled my flight. What a joke around and around with absolutely no result no return contact, nothing. BIG Loyalty Program member for years? Nothing more than a farce. I've been a long time user of this airline, 24 flights alone in the past couple of years but never again.
RouteMelbourne to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"trying to get a refund "

Not Verified | Horrible service from AirAsia. For the past 1 month, i've been trying to get a refund for my flight because of the pandemic. I've tried to reach out to them through their website, but i just keep getting redirected to their online chat bot AVA. Problem is AVA doesn't resolve anything, and it's buggy. I resorted to contacting them on Twitter, but that was not helpful at all as well. They would give you a reply, and proceed to not reply you for another week. It's always being picked up by another customer service agent, so they always ask the same few starting questions. Nothing gets resolved or moved on at all.
RouteOsaka to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2020

"ask if I could change my flight"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kota Kinabalu to Kuala Lumpur booked for 29th April. It's the pandemic right now so I wanted to reach out and ask if I could change my flight date then through their customer service line they said to reach them through twitter or Facebook so fine. Used twitter instead because Facebook was irresponsive last time used. Dropped a text no response now great it passed 48 hours in changing went there to change it counter was close it's before 5pm but I'd understand the pandemic. No resources online to reach out to anyone to change and it seems like this ticket is going to burn cause it doesn't give much of an option. Not going to use this airline again
RouteKota Kinabalu to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2020

"never use that airline again"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Received a notification that my flight to KL is cancelled. However I have another domestic flight from KL to Kota Baru so I wanted that they cancel the other flight as well (cause if I cancel myself refund would be different) and they refund me instead of a credit note. Have called India call center - useless - there is no number for flights outside Asia, chat bot is a machine that doesn't understand any of the specificities of my case of course, customer service just doesn't exist, facebook account has no-one on the other end either, no customer service person on linked. I am appalled and shall never use that airline again if they don't refund me.
RouteHong Kong to Kuala Lumpur