AirAsia

"no online customer service"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Cebu. You need to go to the airport 3 hours before because the check-in staff were slower than usual. They didn't hold to boarding and flight time even while on time. The planes are quite uncomfortable but I don't mind that. The airline has no online customer service other than their AVA chat program. They have nothing to answer even just simple general questions.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Cebu
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"overweight by a few pounds"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Siem Riep. They charged us for our backpacks that were overweight by a few pounds. Their limit is 7 kilos and charged us $180 for a few pounds. We will never use them again.
RouteBangkok to Siem Riep
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"pay extra for check in my luggage"

Trip Verified | I had booked ticket from Chennai to Kuala Lumpur return. While going they allowed to check in baggage of 20 kg, on my return they said that I had not opted for check in baggage and you have to pay 100 Mal $ to checkin the baggage. Finally I had to pay extra for check in my luggage to return back India.
RouteChennai to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"in flight crew are great"

Trip Verified | Kuching to Kuala Lumpur. I love the flights themselves. Very well priced, punctual and the in flight crew are great. I have given a 1/10 rating for AirAsia's lines of communication pre and post-flight. Facebook and twitter are ghost towns. There is no longer anyone you can get on the phone. You can't find links to make email enquiries. Their virtual assistant AVA isn't much smarter than a house brick. If AVA can't help you she directs you to the 'ghost towns'. If nothing goes wrong you will experience a well priced, punctual and reasonably comfortable flight but if you need to contact anyone to sort out any kind of problem then just forget it.
RouteKuching to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"the flight had been cancelled"

Trip Verified | I was due to fly Gold Coast to Phuket via Kuala Lumpur on 12th March but received an SMS and email stating the flight had been cancelled. To get through to a human is a long drawn out affair repeating the same question to a robot and then the same again when the before they connect you to the live chat and then again once they actually come on line after 45 mins or so.. They cancelled the second leg to Phuket and there are now no longer same day connections and you have a 16 hour stopover in KL instead. I booked the flight 6 months ago for a great price, now 3 weeks out they cancel without the decency to offer to put you up in a hotel in KL. The only offer I get is of a refund or credit and I now have no alternative than to fly from the Gold coast to Sydney and then book a new flight at a total cost of $800 due to the departure date being so near. I have been cut off from the live chat 3 times and the managers are just rude. I an airline mess up they should be held accountable and offer some sort of compensation.
RouteGold Coast to Phuket via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"flight in March was cancelled"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Phnom Penh. Customer service is a disaster. My flight in March was cancelled which was a direct flight and I was offered a flight with stopover of 8 hrs. All attempts to get a customer service involved failed. The AVA Roboter thing is just a waste of time.
RoutePhuket to Phnom Penh

"couldn't fault them"

Not Verified | Jakarta to Bali. The original flight I booked was changed, and the new flight allocated to me was no good because I would have missed my international flight. So I contacted AirAsia via the online chat option, and my flight was changed to my preference easily and quickly. Try doing that with Qantas. Many hours later! I arrived for my flight, it was on time, and comfortable. First time I've flown AirAsia, I've heard that they don't have the best name, but I couldn't fault them. From all the staff I met, to the online chat, to the flight, and arriving on time. Thank you AirAsia.
RouteJakarta to Bali
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Overall a good experience"

Trip Verified | Puerto Pricesa to Manila. Check-in and delivery of the case was quick and effective. Departure and arrival were on time. The aircraft made a well-maintained impression. The seat spacing was good, the on-board staff could be a little friendlier and the food was good against payment. Overall a good experience.
RoutePuerto Pricesa to Manila
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"a good price performance ratio"

Trip Verified | Shanghai to Manila. The check-in was effective and quick. The aircraft in good and clean condition. The seat distance at an emergency exit is very large. The on-board catering and drink against payment were average. Overall a good price performance ratio.
RouteShanghai to Manila
Date FlownJanuary 2020

" good if you get the deal"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Chiang Mai to Surathani. The customer assistants are mostly rude to me. They try to charge you extra cost and need to demonstrate by your documentation that you booked the extra baggage etc. Prices are good if you get the deal but if you need extra services cit an get more expensive than a regular airways company (not lowcost).
RouteChiang Mai to Surathani