AirAsia

"stay away from this low-cost company"

Trip Verified | I travelled in Thailand with AirAsia, and this time was my worst experience ever. First, they cancelled my flight 3 times. Every time it was a few days before the flight, it cost me more than $300. They've always refused to refund me. You have to know that when you want to get a refund, no "real customer service". You can chat with a bot (which is totally dysfunctional) that always repeats the same garbage. Many people have been waiting for more than one year, never saw they money back. Second, some of their practices are very dubious. When I booked my flight, it was written "check bag included". But when I printed the ticket, I discovered it wasn't and the employee fined me for my luggage (more than 200 USD) because according to the company, it wasn't "included". Actually, when I ordered on their platform, the luggage were included, but the ticket they sent me didn't correspond to reality. I met other travelers when I was queuing up who had the same problem and were fined as well. (No refund/no exchange is possible). To conclude, you should stay away from this low-cost company which has no respect for their customers. They won't hesitate to cancel your flight, charge you extra fees and never refund you. It might be better to take a more expensive company, but more respectful toward consumers.
RouteChiang Mai to Phuket
Date FlownDecember 2021

"appalling customer service"

Not Verified | Absolutely appalling customer service. My flight was cancelled and I was told I would get a refund. Literally years later my case was closed with no explanation. Finally got hold a human through live chat to be told my refund has been rejected. Again no explanation.
RouteSingapore to Denpasar
Date FlownDecember 2021

"cancelled my flight and refused to give refund"

(Slovakia)

Trip Verified | Airline cancelled my flight and refused to give refund. Instead it offered some "points" that (maybe) I can use for my next flight. I do not expect to fly with these cheaters any more, so points are pointless. Same as if a customer pay me for a bed in my furniture shop, but I will tell him "sorry, I am out of stock, but I will keep your money and may be one day you can come and buy something else". Terrible.
RoutePhuket to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2021

"$148 for overweight fine"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Cancelled my flight for three times, refuse to refund. I had to pay $148 for overweight fine, but it's not like I had too much of an overweight. AirAsia fine me this much for not even two kilos of luggage, but show no apology when cancelling my flight for 3 times? That's really absurd.
RouteKota Kinabalu to Johor Bahru
Date FlownOctober 2021

"Stay away from AirAsia!"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | This is a very bad airline, they canceled my flight and did not refund me. I've wasted so much time and energy contacting them trying to get my money back, but it seems that scam customers is part of their business. Stay away from AirAsia!
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2021

"AirAsia you owe me money"

Not Verified | AirAsia you owe me money. In January 2019 I purchased six tickets from Manila to Cebu and back. When I arrived in Manila, March 2019 you canceled our flights. I have been 2 years trying to get my money back. I have gone through everything that you wanted me to. I have given you all of the information and I have contacted you hundreds of times. I have had conversations with your useless staff. I have given you bank account information to deposit the money that you took within minutes when I purchased the ticket and yet you cannot give me a refund. I have photographs of all of these conversations as well as a photograph of the policy that you had when I purchased my tickets. And that is that if you canceled my flight I was entitled to a full refund to the exact form of payment used to buy the tickets. I have pictures of your agent saying that I should have a refund. You cheat people out of their hard-earned money. We purchased our tickets in good faith and you did not provide the service. There are thousands like me.
RouteManila to Cebu
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"can't refund money"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Flight cancelled many times, they now didn't add customer service call. Even they have AVA but its harder to some people to reach the staff, can't refund money unless you agree to convert it into credit account.
RouteSurabaya to Denpasar
Date FlownJune 2021

"Very disappointing"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Worst of the worst. Flights of Air Asia are always retimed and delayed. This airline company don't care about customer's feedback and discomfort. Very disappointing, I don't recommend this to anyone.
RouteCebu to Manila
Date FlownAugust 2021

"I simply want to speak to a human-being to ask them about my refund request"

Not Verified | Worst customer service ever. Last year, May 2020, our flight got cancelled due to COVID. Our refund request was validated. However, we still haven't received the refund. All other flights - different airlines - have refunded our money. A few weeks ago, there was light at the end of the tunnel - at least, we thought so - as we received an e-mail in which we were asked to provide our bank details so that we could finally get back our money. Note: it was explicitly stated that we had to reply within 7 days, which is odd as AirAsia does not reply to us at all. I have been trying to get in touch with an actual human-being for over a year now. Facebook, website chat, WhatsApp, all you get is AVA the chat bot. I provide them with my case number, my personal details and all I get is 'I am sorry, we could not find your details in our system', which is complete lies. I understand that the world has changed due to COVID, but all organizations seem to have adapted by now. I simply want to speak to a human-being to ask them about my refund request. Sure thing, I will never fly again with AirAsia. Short-term thinking, AirAsia.
RouteCebu to Manilla
Date FlownJuly 2020

"We’ve been waiting 15 months"

Trip Verified | Flight for March 2020 was changed and they offered us a refund which we accepted. Wasn’t a cancelled flight to do with covid or anything. It’s now been three months since I gave my bank details and was told my refund was validated and still don’t have the money back, 15 months since the flight. Also since this point it has been impossible to speak to a human being. Emails sent to addresses we once got replies on are being ignored, they have stopped responding to Twitter DMs. Their chatbot is the biggest waste of time and energy. It eventually gives you a choice to provide feedback and that someone will contact you back during work hours only for you to fill it all out and then be told it cannot be completed due to overwhelming volume. When we check the case status it says in progress despite being told it was validated in March 2021. Other airlines refunded within weeks. We’ve been waiting 15 months. I will never fly with Air Asia for as long as I live. When we were getting responses from “customer service representatives” we were met with hostility or else overly polite apologies which mean absolutely nothing to people such as us who are left out of pocket. Having the audacity to make it impossible to even speak with a human is disgusting.
RouteCaticlan to Manila