AirAsia

"Good value for money"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Good value for money, uneventful short hop from JKT to KUL, early morning. Good value for money regarding pre-ordered meal, easy check-in and clean airplane. Nice crew.
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2022

"hard work deserves recognition"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | I was weary of this airline because of my previous experience flying in from Manila last July 2022. However ground crew Cheska changed it all. She managed to make our check in from Dumaguete to Manila quick and efficient. Her loyalty and hard work deserves recognition.
RouteDumaguete to Manila
Date FlownAugust 2022

"requested refund via their AVA bot"

Trip Verified | Return flights for August 2022, both changed to one that didn't work for me at all. Reason given was that getting me safely to my destination was their highest priority. Rejected the new flights and requested refund via their AVA bot. 3 days later, sent me email confirming the replacement flight booking that i had rejected. No way to contact other than ava bot. Messed up my travel plans and now adding to my problems.
RouteSingapore to Kuching
Date FlownAugust 2022

"The worst customer service"

Not Verified | Tried to book a flight through their website. They process my credit card then the next day sent an email stating unsuccessful in the process. But credit card transaction went through. Now to get funds back, it will take 14 to 30 days. The worst customer service I have ever deal with. No support, no phone number or live person to talk with.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownJuly 2022

"no customer service whatsoever"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Flight was cancelled and retimed multiple times to exceedingly inconvenient timing. It is never okay to retime flights to another time because if it was, then I would have bought the ticket at that time and not the one that I choose. Airasia has no customer service whatsoever. A useless robot is not customer service. Airasia also practices Excessively draconian rules on baggage weight as if an extra 1kg of carry on baggage. Charges customers exorbitantly for baggage, food or any service under the guise of ‘low cost’.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu
Date FlownJuly 2022

"What a waste of money!"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | AA has gone from bad to worse, if that is possible! Tried to change flights due to a visa issue but the only form of interaction is with AVA - an auto-bot with limited information. I have been trying to reschedule for over 2 hours now without any success. This is tantamount to fraud and scam - AirAsia is essentially robbing us of our money. I will never book through AirAsia again. If the airline is unable to provide an adequate customer service, the whole outfit should just close shop or sell to a party better able to run the airline. What a waste of money!
RouteKuala Lumpur to Lombok
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I had lost both tickets"

Trip Verified | I ordered my round-way tickets months in advance, only for them to say my return flight will be canceled one week before the actual flight. I needed to talk to someone to get more detail about the process, but no human is available as their system is now only a bot. The system offered to move my return flight to another day but none of the proposed timing fit my schedule, so I asked for a refund. I was given a pending case confirmation, without any detail whatsoever on the refund processing. Since I couldn’t get any clarity, I decided to go down to the airport counter and asked some questions to the ground staff at the AirAsia counter. She checked and confirmed the refund request was actually for both depart and return tickets, something that is not made clear in the bot chat. The ground staff could not void my refund request as this has to be done by AirAsia and not the airport staff. I had thought that the refund was only going to be for my return ticket but I had lost both tickets. Because of this, they couldn’t guarantee that I will still have my name in the booking system on my departure date. The ground staff said there’s nothing that can be done on their side as they have no way to reach AirAsia. Basically, I need to book another ticket which is way more expensive now that I have so little time left before my flight. So before you book your tickets think twice. It could just be a stroke of bad luck on my side, but I’m reading so many reviews that are similar to mine and they help solidify why I will never book from this airline ever again.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownJuly 2022

"lousy service and terrible airline"

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever with an airline when It comes to hassles and changes. Flights from KL to Langkawi delayed. I received an email whilst at the airport getting ready to check in saying delayed. My original return flight from Langkawi to KL was cancel and we were bumped back over 2 hrs to a later flight. Then that flight was delayed after we checked in. Then to add insult to injury, the Air Asia flight going to KL that was scheduled for a later departure ended up flying out before my earlier flight. Then if you try to lodge a complaint about the service it is all virtual response now. Seriously such lousy service and terrible airline. I truly regret booking with Air Asia. Next time I will look for any other airline before I ever book with Air Asia again.
RouteLangkawi to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2022

"canceled due to operational reasons"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | I bought a ticket through AirAsia website for a flight on the 21st of August (Sunday), from Chiang Mai to Kuala Lumpur. I received an email last Saturday, notifying me that the flight had been canceled due to "operational reasons". I tried to understand what these reasons were but I could only contact an automated bot. I eventually got to talk with a so-called live agent (had to wait in queue for 3 hours) that pretended he was typing (the 3 dots pre-message symbol showed up for like 5 minutes) and eventually the conversation "expired". I came to understand that the flight they sold me (AK 857) doesn't operate on Sundays. I have another ticket bought from them, for the 25th August (Thursday), from KL to Krabi (AK 868) and I already checked Flightaware and found out that the flight only operates on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I asked for a refund for the flight that got cancelled by AirAsia, but so far I haven't got my money back and from the looks of it, I'm understanding that the same situation will arise with the KL to Krabi flight. Don't trust AirAsia flights and always check on several sites if the flights actually exist and operate on the days they are selling them.
RouteChiang Mai to Kuala Lumpur

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever. Will never fly again. All they want is to find a way to charge you extra. Seats are cramped, unprofessional behaviour of the staff, late check in and late arrival, and overall a horrible travel experience. I have flown enough low cost airlines in the world, I would rate Air Asia as the worst ever.
RouteChennai to Bangkok