AirAsia

"refused to refund me"

Trip Verified | Air Asia cancelled my flights 3 times and refused to refund me after 6 months and offer me credits. By refusing to refund customers for cancelled flights is as good as cheating customers of their money.
RouteSingapore to Jakarta
Date FlownJuly 2020

"an awful company with zero customer service"

Not Verified | Air Asia are an awful company with zero customer service. If only I’d looked at the reviews before booking. They make promises to refund cancelled flights but these refunds never arrive. It’s impossible to speak to anyone and the automated chat is worse than useless and just takes you round in circles. I finally got a response on twitter and a promise of a refund. This was then turned into a “credit account” and now nobody will respond. A credit account is useless as I wouldn’t go anywhere near Air Asia in the future. They’ve actually profited from covid as they’ve neither provided a flight or refund, which is disgraceful behaviour.
RouteDa Nang to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I will do everything in my power to never fly AA again"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | My flight was cancelled by Air Asia due to restrictions caused by Covid in February 2020. I have been waiting since that time (eight months and counting) for a refund, as is Air Asia's legal obligation. AA have renegued multiple times in promises to repay me in that time. Now, despite not receiving a cent in refund, my case according to Air Asia, is now 'closed'. This is to inform Air Asia, that while the amount of money I have lost is not life changing, I think I speak for thousands of other former passengers cheated out of funds by you when I say that I will do everything in my power to never fly AA again. You may be desperate to stay in business but you have no right to effectively steal funds from passengers. I sincerely hope Air Asia goes bankrupt.
RouteChiang Mai to Hong Kong
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Their customer service is seriously sub standard"

Not Verified | Absolutely the worst airline to deal with! Our flights were cancelled in March due to COVID-19. I requested a refund, and on 18/03/2020 was told my refund was processed and my money would be returned within 10-15 calendar days. 8 months later and I haven’t received a penny! I was then emailed in May to say I could have a credit account! Replied saying are you having a laugh! No thank you! Since then I have messaged every other day via their Twitter account as this is the only way I can contact them. No phone number, no email address an infuriating automated system that tells you nothing and solves nothing. Each time I am told that my refund is in the final stage and will be back in my account shortly and nothing appears! I am a nurse in the UK and was due to go and see my dad who lives in Manila with my family. It’s bad enough that our 3 week holiday was cancelled, this is just rubbing salt in the wound! £500 of my hard earned money that they were quick enough to take is still not back with me! I couldn’t be angrier. Their customer service is seriously sub standard and I would not recommend anyone to use this company! Modern day robbery at its finest. Would be giving 0/10 if allowed, but has to begrudgingly be a 1/10! Seriously, avoid this company like the plague.
RouteManila to Bohol

"I wanted a refund"

Trip Verified | aCovid happened and the world went into meltdown, flight cancelled and I wanted a refund - what an awful awful process. Never known anything like it. Cant speak to anyone, and the virtual assistant is just infuriating (possibly the worst one I have ever used) sends you round in circles, no option for live chat and doesnt seem to learn. Obviously its all done to put you off claiming a refund. As for live chat, well you will wait literally hours for a person to come back to you, if at all. Genuinely the worst customer service I have ever received.
RouteManila to Kalibo
Date FlownJuly 2020

"refund that would take 12+ weeks"

Trip Verified | My flight was canceled because of COVID. Because them canceling they have to offer the refund option. They try in so many ways to give a credit and they customer support is non-existent, they only have robot AVA that is instructed not let you talk to a real person. In the end I got a case number for a refund that would take 12+ weeks to process. Two weeks ago they tried again and sent an email with the cryptic message "If we don't fail to hear from you within 14 days we will process a credit" (whatever that "if we don't fail" means). I replied by email and of course no confirmation. I will never ever use Air Asia again.
RouteTokyo to Kuala Lumpur

"This is unethical!"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | On 1 Aug 2020, I purchased a flight ticket from AirAsia. On 15 Aug 2020, AirAsia cancelled my flight and refuses to refund. They only offered credits. Everyone knows the credit is worthless. In AirAsia's audit report, EY has highlighted there is material uncertainty over AirAsia's going concern status (i.e. AirAsia might become bankrupt within the next year). If AirAsia goes bust, all credits are almost certain to be worthless! To AirAsia: You cannot open a flight, take our money, then cancel the flight to keep the money! This is unethical! As much as you need cash, you cannot do this!!! You've might have gotten my money now, but I will never fly AirAsia again, even after this pandemic!
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2020

"offered with credit account"

Not Verified | You will not get a refund at all. Bought a flight tickets with AirAsia in Jan-2020, but it got cancelled due to Covid-19. Requested for a refund back to credit card but failed, they will give excuses just not giving back the refund, instead they offered with credit account which I will never use it again.
RouteSingapore to Taipei
Date FlownApril 2020

"Don't accept the credit"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Don't accept the credit. Cancelled my flight and offered a refund (pre-covid). Since then they have tried to convince me to accept a credit instead and they have stalled with giving me my refund. They were only 20$ cheaper for this trip compared to another company that I was supposed to fly another leg of my trip with. And that company has already given me my money back months ago because Airasia cancelled this part of the trip. If you accept the credit you change the terms of your initial deal and you are now subject to their new terms. By not accepting the credit they are still obligated to the conditions of your initial contract. You can demand your money back through the bank that handled the transaction. You can demand the money back through the card company if you paid via Visa, Mastercard etc.
RouteChiang Mai to Kolkata via Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2020

"they didn’t refund ticket money"

Trip Verified | Amritsar to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur booked for April 2020. I’m still waiting for my ticket canceled money they didn’t refund ticket money ticket was canceled from AirAsia because Covid-19.
AircraftAirAsia airline