AirAsia

"AVA bot chat is beyond useless"

Not Verified | Singapore to Bali. The customer service and credit shell application process for Air Asia is terrible. I had to transfer two other airline bookings into a credit shell due to the CV19 situation and both took under two minutes to complete with confirmation coming a few days later. I have tried countless times to contact AirAsia and with no success. Even the telephone line to India is an automated response and redirects you back to their AVA bot chat which is beyond useless. The credit shell process is both difficult and unclear. Extremely disappointing.
RouteSingapore to Bali
Date FlownApril 2020

"Worst customer service"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Worst customer service and Chat Bot. I'm talking about AVA. first of all, AVA gives a set of topics to choose from i.e CoVid 19 Flight Changes, booking changes, etc. If you follow everything right, hypothetically you could reach their actual customer support which I could never reach even after waiting sometimes for 2 hours online. I've been doing this for the past week. Looks like there are many in the same boat here. My only concern is if i cant get my refund processed before my flight date which is on the 23rd April. What happens if I can't reach them? Wouldn't it be better if we could reach them at a call center instead of chatting with AVA? This is very frustrating!
RoutePenang to Bali via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Refund not generated automatically"

Not Verified | Flight was cancelled a week before the departure, due to Covid19 travel ban. Refund was not generated automatically but I have to submit “manually” but unable to due to their system error. Keep appearing as “cancelled”. Despite many trial time, we are not able to reach to speak to an agent, wasting much of my time.
RouteMelbourne to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"They do anything not to talk to you"

(Hong Kong)

Not Verified | Do not fly with them. They cancelled my flight and I've spent days trying to get a refund or credit. They do anything not to talk to you and put you through hoops of never getting in contact with them. Only way is to drive out to the airport 3 times and still they just send an email shutting the case with no explanation. They cancelled the flight to keep tourists trapped in Bali during Covid and still won't give a refund.
RoutePerth to Bali
Date FlownApril 2020

"30 days and still no refund"

Trip Verified | Tokyo Narita to Bangkok booked for 6th March. I put in a request for a full refund as AirAsia cancelled my flight. They advised me to wait 30 days for the refund. It is now over 30 days and still no refund.
RouteTokyo Narita to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2020

"online chat to attempt refunds"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Vientiane via Kuala Lumpur. I went in circles with the Ava online chat to attempt refunds for 4 flights I had booked over March/ April. My flight was cancelled the day before but luckily I had already decided to change the flight. I had an option for a full refund for this flights and after attempting several times through Ava, I was finally able to make a case. I made 5 cases before I received a notification that it's in progress. My other flights cancelled by Air Asia in April however, do not have a refund option. Only credit or moving the date which I do not want. If the flight has been cancelled, I expect a full refund. At this time, I can't even use Ava as the wait time is over 1 hr to be transferred to an agent. The website, Ava and phone numbers that lead nowhere have taken me in circles for weeks and I'm furious that there is no accountability to customers.
RouteMelbourne to Vientiane via Kuala Lumpur

"highly disappointed"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Krabi via Kuala Lumpur. AirAsia informed suspension of most of their flight operations on 26 March 2020 due to COVID19 situation. Since then I am trying to contact them via their AVA online chat but never can get through to an agent to actually file for refund as per their system. Also tried to call several ticket offices in Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand and never got through. The flight status is also unavailable even bookings are still confirmed. I do understand that the customer service is overwhelmed, but for such a company it should not be an issue to establish an efficient request process system. I really tried everything to contact them and I have to assume that this company is staling on requests in order to avoid the many refund requests. I am highly disappointed by what was once the best low-cost airline in Asia and will never consider them anymore in the future.
RouteJakarta to Krabi via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2019

"I was not emailed or contacted"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | I was not emailed or contacted regarding the cancellation of the flight. This outbreak has made many travel restrictions and bans to which I was not aware of. I had a feeling my flight was going to be cancelled long ago but it is difficult to contact AirAsia, they have a bot called 'AVA' which isn't a real person who would understand complex questions. And if you think you can refund the amount you paid for a flight, you won't be pleased when you u read this. They have refund in the form of "points" and "membership" benefits. I complained that I was not notified and said "but you should already".
RouteKuala Lumpur to Bandar Seri Begawan
Date FlownDecember 2019

"very sad company"

Not Verified | Bangkok to Surat Thani. Booked a flight for my girlfriend to meet me in Bangkok, my flight was cancelled so I’ve asked Air Asia to credit my BIG Member account I received a case No, I’ve been non stop on there chat system which is a waste of time, telephone No’s do not connect. The airline customer support is a total disgrace considering the coronavirus situation, they take your money for your ticket but you try and contact them is a disaster, they give no thought for anyone. I have used them before many times, but now see how they treat customers, no chance of getting credit back, very sad company.
RouteBangkok to Surat Thani
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Lombok. I purchased 2 tickets with Airasia, during December to use during the month of March. Of course, during this outbreak, the flights have been cancelled. I have tried to understand that Airasia must have busy times, that everything is chaos. Said all that, its embarrassing how customer support and the answers you receive from the airline. Not Malaysia Airlines, not Jetstar, none of the competitors of AirAsia, have just played dumb and get away with the cancellation. Malaysia Airlines in 5 minutes just changed the dates of my flights, the same with the other airlines. Under the same circumstances, AirAsia has just closed my claims (they recommend to just move flight or ask for credit). All my requests have been closed and told that "I am not eligible for the credit). Tried Ava: yep. Terrible. System thors constant errors. Where you able finally to lodge a case? Yep. Suddenly all cases closed. Tried calling the call center: Yep. 1 hour on the phone to India. And they only discuss local flights. Still waiting for an answer. Worst customer service And from my side, never again!
RouteBangkok to Lombok