AirAsia

"delayed by 3.5 hours"

Trip Verified | Hyderabad to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur. My flight scheduled at 11.50 pm and it delayed by 3.5 hours. I have a transit of 2.5hrs in Malaysia and need to catch flight to Melbourne which I can’t catch due to this delay. When I ask the counter person about the connecting flight they said the next connecting flight will be in 2.5 hrs after I landed in Malaysia. But when I went to transfer counter in Malaysia they said the next connecting flight is after 12hrs and gave me couple of meal vouchers. Obviously very poor customer service and most unreliable. Counter people are useless as they don’t have knowledge of the flight schedule. I requested them for lounge entry which they rejected to give. I have spent $100 to book a room in the airport. Should reach Melbourne 8.00 pm local time and I reached next day morning 8.00 am and took day off from my work.
RouteHyderabad to Melbourne via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2018

"charged me to check bag twice"

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Phuket via Bangkok. My round trip flight should have cost me $130. But I ended up spending a total of $270 because they charged me to check my bag twice. They charged me $40 to check my bag from Saigon to Bangkok (a 3 hour layover) and then $57 from Bangkok to Phuket. They said they couldn’t let my bag go all the way to Phuket from Saigon for some odd reason. Do yourself a favor and avoid.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Phuket via Bangkok

"the service was good"

Not Verified | Ranchi to New Delhi. Good service. Even though its a lost cost airline but the service was good. Professional staff and well mannered. Aircraft was pretty neat and clean with good aroma through out the journey.
RouteRanchi to New Delhi
Date FlownAugust 2018

"overall experience was amazing"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Langkawi to Kuala Lumpur. My last experience with AirAsia was way back in 2012 to Sabah. This time, for a 1 hour flight I could say that I'm quite impressed. Ground service was good, even though I used self check in, staff assisted me in putting on my baggage tag. They redirected me smoothly and was quite helpful when I encountered a problem. This time around, I took this opportunity to survey on "Allstars", something which AirAsia is proud about and I wanted to see it for myself. Upon boarding, flight attendant greeted warmly, safety procedures were done (flight attendant did not smile, at least she looks serious), one passenger made a fuss and the stewardess handled it quickly and efficiently. Flight experience was good, take-off was smooth and views were fantastic. Even saw a rainbow for a moment over the clouds! I pre-ordered a meal and when I had some left over, they offered to tapao (take away) for me! Kudos for the Malaysian slang. Had two kids sitting next to me, so I helped them fasten their seatbelts, steward thanked me with a smile(I did not expect that!) Unfortunately, Roki was not working so in flight entertainment is boring. Landing was good, flight on time and had 2 captains for that flight. Overall experience was amazing for an LCC. Highly recommended!
RouteLangkawi to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2018

"really polite and friendly"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Hat Yai, it´s a cheap and low cost airline, I have to say the ground staff and the cabin crew was every time really polite and friendly. Of course there are not many amenities or complimentary services but for the price I paid, the only thing which should be improved is the legroom space, this was really narrow, but this was ok for a two hours flight.
AircraftA320-200
RouteBangkok to Hat Yai
Date FlownMarch 2018

"staff really friendly and helpful"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Bali. As usual, online check-in for Airasia is available, until the last 24 hours before the flight. Departing to the flight is seamless and ground staff were helpful. When the plane leaving the aerobridge, there were some passengers that still stand at aisle and not on their seat, and pretty sure that is dangerous. During the flight, staff were really friendly and helpful. There were some turbulence during the flight, but no big deal. However, pre-booked meal that I had was terrible. Spiral pasta with sausages was plain and sad. Not recommended.
AircraftA320-200
RouteKuala Lumpur to Bali
Date FlownAugust 2018

"food or drink should be paid"

Trip Verified | As a low-cost airline AirAsia has no entertainment and food or drink should be paid on the flight. I found the leg space insufficient for a person who is 5’10” or more. I hope AirAsia provides better services to customers in the near future.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Bali
Date FlownJuly 2018

"no clearance for my knees"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Manila. The first flight to Malaysia was fine, no problems. The return to Manila was terrible! I am 6' 2" and I had no clearance for my knees. This was not a planned trip. I have been in Philippines for 3 years and had to leave, for a silly rule. and come back again, so it was just a quick trip, away and back. For an international flight the seat configuration was uncalled for.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Manila
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Self check-in not available"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur. Self check-in machines are not available across the airport, but it is only available in the Airasia check-in counter section, which requires a bit of walking. This same goes to the boarding gate which is quite far. I hope Airasia could get a better spot of it.
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur

"Check-in went well"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta. Check-in went well, as there are many self check-in machines in the KLIA2 airport. Boarding was relatively on-time and there was no issue. The best part is when landing in Jakarta, since Airasia is now operating in the new airport where they provide better services.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Jakarta