AirAsia

"Had to dispute the charge"

Trip Verified | Lombok to Jakarta. I had charges on my credit card for a second unidentified charge that I did not have an invoice for. There was no live customer service at all I could speak to and to investigate this charge and or provide me an invoice. India customer service refused to assist me. Had to dispute the charge with the credit card company since I do not have any details or invoice for these charges. They do not provide any customer service only an automated computer bot that is useless.
RouteLombok to Jakarta
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"satisfied with Air Asia"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phnom Penh. We arrived early in Don Muaeng airport, Bangkok, for an evening flight to Phnom Penh. We had checked in online, at baggage drop no lines. Through immigration and security also went fast, we talk about less than 5 minutes, very good ! Suvarnabhumi airport should go here and learn. They started boarding 30 minutes before schedule. We had bus out to the gate, and 10 minutes before schedule, we arrived at the plane. The plane was not full this evening, so it started to move, only 3 minutes late. Its pretty narrow onboard, but I did not have my knees crushed in the seat in front of me. We landed ahead of schedule. We are satisfied with Air Asia, everything went smoothly.
RouteBangkok to Phnom Penh
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"refusing to allow cabin baggage"

Trip Verified | Bali to Singapore. Inept ground staff at Bali airport, refusing to allow cabin baggage, no formal size measure applied. The cabin crew harassing us for change of seats as we were given some premium seat while checking in.
RouteBali to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"They don’t provide any support"

Not Verified | Manila to Cebu with AirAsia. Worst airline and customer service that I have ever experienced. Yes, they are low cost but they don’t care about the people that book their flights. They don’t provide any support if you need to modify your flights and only give AVA as a form of “support.” She’s a bot and when she can’t help, she doesn’t provide any helpful contact information to get a hold of someone who can help. Please boycott this airline. They don’t care about anything but the money.
RouteManila to Cebu

"not so low cost"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Yogyakarta. Something very unusual happened, I was given a red seat for free. Probably the plane was full and there were no normal seats available. Although it didn't make any difference, because this seat didn't have any legroom (same as regular seats). Not very friendly flight attendants, tiny seats, not so low cost.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Yogyakarta
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"check in process is the worst"

Trip Verified | Chiang mai to Kuala Lumpur. Although flights are well managed when on the plane, the check in process is the worst of any airlines I've ever seen. Wait 1 hour to move a few meters, and eventually 30 minutes before each flight they fast forward people through check in since many people are late. Literally they checked in 20 people in 45 minutes, about 10 minutes for each group and I feel this is generous, this makes no sense at all. Also, check in machines were pretty useless since everyone had to check in anyway, which is weird. Perhaps it's the AirAsia Chiang Mai that's so slow .. they need to get their stuff together, horrible experience.
RouteChiang mai to Kuala lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Refused to print the ticket"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. Refused to print the ticket for 2nd leg of trip at initial gate counter because tickets were bought at separate times. Flight was late but had plenty of time for transfer counter to print said booking closed 5mins ago. Won't do anything. Had to buy another ticket. It took about 7 mins to get to gate from transfer I had 50 minutes. All could have been avoided if they had printed ticket.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore

"Never had a problem"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | Bangkok to Siem Reap. After almost 10 yrs of flying around Asia with several different airlines I must say that AirAsia tops them all. Never had a problem flying with them, Ground Staff was friendly, service minded and with a smile. Even when I made a mistake with a ticket hey sorted the problem with no hassle.
RouteBangkok to Siem Reap

"smooth relaxing trip"

Not Verified | Singapore to Kuala Lumpur, no comments. The flight was relatively smooth. No glitches. Services was good. Cabin staff crew were polite and overall had a smooth relaxing trip with AirAsia .
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2019

"did not check-in 2 hours before "

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Singapore via Kuala Lumpur. We did not check-in 2 hours before our flight, our flight was supposed to be 1:05AM and we’re at the check-in desk at 12:20AM. The lady in the check-in desk told us that our ticket was forfeited because they have cut-off time.
RouteManila to Singapore via Kuala Lumpur