AirAsia

"Really impressed"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Perth. Really impressed. Good service on a clean plane. Was quite expensive so doing Jetstar on return. Would use again. Only negative was boarding via buses rather than a gate.
RouteDenpasar to Perth
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"not loaded passengers luggage"

Trip Verified | Lombok to Perth. We paid over $100 to add our luggage to the plane, and when we landed, we realised they had not loaded 90% of the passengers luggage on the plane. I had many items in my luggage that I require for work, and now I have to wait and hope it arrives. I was not assigned in the seating I had chosen. I chose an isle seat as I’m a nervous flyer and they put me, in between 2 other passengers. They don’t take card on the plane? So if you want a meal or a drink and don’t have any cash, too bad.
RouteLombok to Perth
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"entered check in a little late"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Sihanoukville. I entered check in a little late. The staff took my main baggage and sent it to the plane, but there was a problem with my hand luggage and they asked me to pay 50 dollars for 3 kg. Immediately after paying the extra $ 50, the doors were closed and they said they couldn't take me to the plane, and they didn't pay my $50 behind by 5 minutes. We also heard a lot of scolding.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sihanoukville

"Shameless price gouging"

Trip Verified | Osaka to Honolulu. Shameless price gouging with combined 7kg limit for 2 pieces of carry-on. Flaky website so that you can't pay for checked-in luggage online and forced to pay double the price at the airport. Terrible customer service: staff openly mocking you suggesting to put on all the clothes from your luggage to make 7kg limit. No empathy, no compromises, no apologies, instead rude, dismissive attitude. Staff members covering their ID tags and refusing to call their names so I could file a complaint to upper management. Just out of spite check-in counter staff put me on SSS (selective security screening). The last manager I spoke to had a strategy of listening to my complaints with a poker face, not responding until the gate is about to close, and I am forced to shut up and board.
RouteOsaka to Honolulu
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"refused us access to the pod hotel"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Bali. Our 1030 departure had a 7h delay. It took over an hour for staff to come to the gate to explain that the flight was delayed and to deal with customers. There were 3 of us that wanted to remove our baggage, be refunded and hop over to the other terminal to take a 1230 MAS flight to Bali instead but AirAsia took so long to get staff we realised we would never make it. Staff agreed to move us to a 1615 Air Asia flight to Bali however we had to go back outside to the chaos of baggage drop and immigration. After standing fighting for another hour, they eventually agreed to move our luggage over to the new flight without us having to do it all ourselves. They refused us access to the pod hotel in the departure lounge or their Lounge. They provided one bottle of water for 7h and offered a KFC in that time. Staff pushed us around the houses to talk to operations managers to try and obtain lounge access to relax.
RouteKuala lumpur to Bali

"could not sit together"

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Kuala Lumpur. We had 4 flights booked and paid together but could not sit together unless we paid additional fees at check in to get seats changed. This is a revenue raising exercise. In addition to that the staff were very rude to me and appear to go out of their way to be unhelpful. In flight service is not existent, flights with not even a free drink without incurring additional costs. Aircraft very cramped spaces, not comfortable.
RouteHanoi to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"waste 1 hour time at the counter"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Cochin. I had a very awkward experience with AirAsia. My booking was confirmed directly by the service agent of AirAsia. When I reached to counter I was told that the flight was overbooked. I then had to keep on begging the lady at the counter for an hour to let me fly. When I asked the executive at the counter to call the manager, she said now you can travel and I could fly, I just had to simply waste my 1 hour time at the counter with no reason.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Cochin
Date FlownDecember 2019

"love flying from this airport"

Trip Verified | Utapao to Kuala Lumpur. I travelled from my favorite airport from Utapao. I love flying from this airport as it is so small. I used the new terminal for the first time. I will fly them again.
RouteUtapao to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2019

"never fly this airline again"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur. Not recommended if going on a business trip! Long delays, irresponsible staff, improper handling of baggage. Will never fly this airline again.
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2019

"recommend a different airline"

Not Verified | Chiang Mai to Phuket. Worst airline. They charged my family of Four 5,000 bht ($227 CAD = $56 CAD/person) upon arrival to check our bags. They go by weight. Apparently you can pay the fee online which is 400 bht but they don’t advertise it much. They also offer the lower price if you’re 4 hours early (who would come that early). When we complained they said that’s how it is and weren’t accommodating. Also no flight entertainment or food service on our flight. Would highly recommend a different airline.
RouteChiang Mai to Phuket