AirAsia

"no refund was received yet"

Trip Verified | Beijing to Siem Reap via Kuala Lumpur. I cancelled my flight on Jan 30 due to covid-19, a case was created by Air Asia on Jan 30 to give me full refund. From AVA, it takes up to 30 working days to process a refund. Today is March 27, 41 working days have passed, no refund was received yet. I contacted Air Asia many times through twitter but no response and no refund.
RouteBeijing to Siem Reap via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I want to credit my flight"

Not Verified | I want to credit my flight or at least 'move flight' because of Covid 19 & I have followed each step carefully and correctly. I have spent hours on this only to discover I am charged the full amount. I was promised by email not to be charged any more as I purchased the ticket Jan 2020. It is completely opposite to what the email says.
RoutePhnom Penh to Gold Coast

"Very impressed"

Not Verified | Penang to Singapore. Very impressed with Air Asia staff. Due to the Covid19 our 13-year-old son had to fly alone on an emergency flight as his boarding school was being closed with no notice. The staff helped him check-in, put him in 1C (yes, I'm jealous) and escorted him through arrivals and immigration where he had to undergo a medical check and be issued with a stay at home notice. I am so thankful that AirAsia staff looked after him. Well done!
RoutePenang to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"still have to pay the change fee"

Not Verified | Chiang Mai to Phuket. We scheduled flights well before the coronavirus pandemic. When trying to move flights to a different time due to international travel advisories, restrictions, and fear for our health, AirAsia was impossible to get hold of. When we did finally get through via multiple complaints filed, they said we'd still have to pay the change fee or not get refunded. After attempting to contact them numerous other times via every channel possible (AVA, complaints, response to email, attempted to find a phone number with no luck) before our flight was scheduled to depart and we simply never heard back from them. I decided to try them based on price, but it's certainly not worth the lower price.
RouteChiang Mai to Phuket

"no free water served"

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Kuala Lumpur. I was told my bag was slightly too heavy to carry on so I had to repack it twice, and after some miscommunication paid 800.000 VND to check it (was told I could pay cash&card but I couldn’t). The airplane had the tightest seats I have seen. There was no free water served, but they offered goods for purchase. The flight wasn’t full and so I moved up a few rows but was told I couldn’t sit there. It was a different class, but the seats were the same.
RouteHanoi to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not fly with AirAsia anymore"

Trip Verified | Bali to Singapore. AirAsia should do more for those who are afraid to fly during the COVID-19 period even if the said country is not under 'high alert' (for example Indonesia, which is greatly underestimated due to a lack of monitoring system in place). At least issue some sort of voucher for future use. I will not fly with AirAsia anymore. There is no way to talk or contact a physical live person.
RouteBali to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"virtual assistant to chat"

Trip Verified | Male to Perth via Kuala Lumpur. The airline rescheduled our ticket and sent an email with the new itinerary. Upon trying to speak to a customer representative we get this virtual assistant to chat with which keeps on sending automated response based on what we were typing. Then we are send on another page but the page keeps on loading. The airline cancelled our original flight and gave us a transit of 20 hours from KL to Perth. we asked to be given a hotel to freshen us up but they kept on sending us from here to there without any concrete actual help. We emailed them but no answer about the accommodation.
RouteMale to Perth via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMarch 2020

"big shout out to the AirAsia staff"

Not Verified | My sister and I had booked an AirAsia flight from Phuket to Bangalore which had a 11-hour layover in Bangkok so that we could visit Bangkok for a few hours. In spite of explaining our intent, we were sent by AirAsia staff in Phuket to immigration for exit, which ended up with us reaching Bangkok and being told to stay in the airport for 11 hours! A big shout out to the AirAsia staff in Bangkok who understood what happened and she made us meet the immigration staff in Bangkok, got the exit stamp on our passports reversed and resulted in letting us experience Wat Pho! We had to go through the immigration exit process again which was as per the immigration rules.
RoutePhuket to Bangalore via Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2019

"in-flight meal is great"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Makassar. The manual check-in system in down when our visit. So, we use the Air Asia self-check-in System, so no problem with check-in. The immigration queue is terrible, extremely long and took a lot of time, I wait around 45 minutes for immigration. The in-flight meal is great, delicious. The flight attendant is nice.
AircraftA320-200
RouteKuala Lumpur to Makassar
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"no online customer service"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Cebu. You need to go to the airport 3 hours before because the check-in staff were slower than usual. They didn't hold to boarding and flight time even while on time. The planes are quite uncomfortable but I don't mind that. The airline has no online customer service other than their AVA chat program. They have nothing to answer even just simple general questions.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Cebu