AirAsia

(Indonesia)

Jakarta to Singapore (QZ7782) and back (QZ7789) on the same day. No delays. The right Low Cost Carrier experience: no frills no food no leg room efficient.

AirAsia customer review

Singapore - Miri Miri - KUL. Cabin staff were more interested in themselves and each other than actually doing anything vaguely like serving passengers. A smile from half way across the cabin isn't service it is nice but that is all. The only good thing about AirAsia is the price. There was not even cabin staff ensuring passengers stored their bags for take off and landing properly.

(Denmark)

I was going from Chiang Mai to Bangkok and had a connecting flight from there to Copenhagen. I had nearly 6 hours to reach the connecting flight. Less than a week before going they cancelled the flight and rebooked me in a new one nearly 3 hours later. However this flight was delayed and I was too late to reach my flight. That meant I had to pay for rebooking and stay nearly 24 hours in the airport. I made a complaint to Air Asia but they would not pay because the delay was less than 2 hours. They could not see it as their problem that I was delayed more than 4 hours because of the rescheduling.

AirAsia customer review

PEN-SIN. Check-in was quick as I did not have luggage and boarding was on time. Departed 10 minutes earlier and arrived 15 minutes before schedule. Flight was good and flight attendants were polite but seemed tired as this was the last flight of the day. The only thing I find annoying is that you cannot change your ticket if your flight leaves within 48 hours. Otherwise Air Asia provide a good service which is better than some other airlines.

AirAsia customer review

I have flown Air Asia 8 times between CGK-SIN-CGK I have been on-time once. Regardless of price this is unacceptable. Each delay has been from 30 minutes to 3 hours and this is with good weather. I always pick a hot seat exit row. The pitch is fine but it's still tight. Crew's for the most part are friendly. They seem to be getting the Lion air attitude. "Yea were late so what". Anyway I'm heading back to Singapore Airlines. Yes it's more money but the delays are out of control at Air Asia.

(Thailand)

Flew from Bangkok (BKK) to Jakarta (CGK) on 27th June this year 2012. Paid for the trip by credit card now you have pay for the processing of the transaction. Every small thing is an extra now! The check in was fine but that was where it went downhill. Got to the gate 30 mins before boarding time and waited and waited the incoming aircraft had not even arrived yet. After another hour still no aircraft. What was totally unacceptable was the fact there was no announcement and no-one seemed to know what was happening I even suggested they call flight operations but they didn't. The flight eventually took off almost 2 hours late. Even though I had paid for a 'hot seat' the pitch is far from adequate and it wouldn't recline. Air Asia when they first started out were a good low cost airline and value for money but they have declined dramatically the prices have gone up and everything connected with the airline has gone down. I won't fly with them again!

(Malaysia)

Flight from KUL-HAN was on time. The check in was smooth through until boarding. Aircraft's parked far away from our boarding gate. We walked more than 300 metres. Seat comfort and leg room are extremely poor. Staff were nice. However on our return trip from Hanoi a male crew was standing like a poster man. Neither instructed to ease the boarding flow nor helping a nanny who was holding her grandson to stow her hand luggage. Low cost airline shouldn't mean low cost in assisting passengers who need help.

(Italy)

Singapore to Kuala Lumpur: flight on time fast boarding and very attentive staff. Great value for money. Just a little negative note about the low cost terminal in Kuala Lumpur: you have to walk a lot to reach the terminal the hot weather makes it more difficult together with the engine noises and the smell of fuel. Anyway I would fly again with Air Asia.

(Malaysia)

The joy that was AirAsia 10 years ago when I started flying with them is no more! On my last flight the problems were so bad I'm convinced this is no longer the way for me to fly even if its on a budget airline. I've already checked in and only needed to arrive early at the airport and then drop my luggage. Unfortunately for me the AirAsia check in system was down. This resulted in very long queues and after 40 long and uncomfortable minutes they resorted to manually check-in passengers and their luggage. While all that is happening they constantly announced about the failure and asked for patience but they continued calling passengers to board flights as if everything else is working. By the time I heard the boarding announcement for my flight we were still hopelessly stuck in the queue. When I approached a ground staff I was horrified to find out that the flight was to take off as scheduled! After at least 1 hour+ of delays thanks to their own check in system's outage I had to remind AirAsia's ground staff that we weren't late because of our own doing. Finally after some frantic phone calls and after realizing at least 50% of the flight passengers are still stuck in queues waiting to check in or to drop their luggage they agreed to delay the flight by 1 hour. Also if you have to board or disembark in KL's LCCT terminal when it's raining I think you will feel very differently about AirAsia - the experience is nothing short of horrible for passengers.

AirAsia customer review

Flew from Singapore to KL. Great flight aircraft was clean and very comfortable. Plane left on time and arrived early at destination. Flight crew was very pleasant and helpful. I was very happy with the flight and had a great experience.
Cabin Staff Service N/A