Air Transat

Air Transat customer review

Not Verified | London Gatwick to Toronto with Air Transat. Thought outbound flight and service was bad until return leg. Staff aggressive, hostile, abrupt. Food, should I call it food, no. My leg was tucked in, not in the way of the aisle however seven hits later they finally managed to jam the door of the trolley into my leg brace breaking one of the straps. Oh and a point of security, found an iPad in the back seat pocket, told staff who did not seem to care, said they had searched the plane but obviously not. Have traveled countless airlines all over the globe and the only positive thing I can say is we landed safely. Never ever again, pay more go with someone else.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I really appreciated this trip"

Trip Verified | Montréal to Toulouse. Very smooth flight with Air Transat. The take off was delayed by 20 minutes but we arrived on time at destination. The crew was very professional and always smiling. Two choices for the meal, I tried both and I can say that, without being the greatest food I've ever eaten, it was totally satisfying talking about the taste. Maybe a little bit more in quantity would have been better but it was ok. We also had a little snack about an hour before landing. The entertainment system on board was good : the touch screen was quickly responding, the interface was easy to understand and the movie quantity and quality were honest. The cabin + toilets were clean, the seats were not very large but quite comfy, the leg room space was correct. To be honest, the 6h45 flight felt quick, I really appreciated this trip.
AircraftA330-200
RouteMontréal to Toulouse
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"carry on bag a few kg overweight"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Gatwick. Do not be tempted by cheap flights. They will charge baggage fees without consistency. Air Transat charged 85CAD for a carry on bag a few kg overweight.
RouteVancouver to Gatwick

"Do not recommend"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Toronto delayed by 2hr 23 mins. Worst flight experience. We kept being delayed for the most unprofessional reasons. Cabin crew kept being evasive about the new schedule of the flight. Do not recommend.
RouteMontreal to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Do not buy option plus"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Toronto. Booked an economy ticket and purchased options plus at $99 per leg so total $198. This should have given me one extra bag so total of 2 checked bags. Premium seat choice, a care kit, extra snack and drinks on board and priority boarding. It did not. I received a small discount on buying a seat, I did not get an extra bag and my 2nd bag cost me $100 each way, I did get a snack did not get wine other than one at the meal which everyone got. Do not buy option plus. Absolute waste of money. I effectively paid $200 for a box of Pringles.
RouteAmsterdam to Toronto

"blatant price gouging"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Barcelona via Toronto. I am appalled at the blatant price gouging of customers that Air Transat has chosen to undertake. Never in all my years of travelling internationally have I had to pay baggage fees! Do they honestly expect people to travel to Europe for two weeks just using a carry on luggage? Really? And I don't understand how they are rated as the best leisure travel airline. The service was nothing to write home about, the food was horrible. Most flights offer their passengers both dinner and breakfast when flying to Europe. Dinner was served but breakfast consisted of a slice of marble cake. Really? And there were no other options available! An additional cost of $200 was added to my already expensive economy flight which cost me $1400.
RouteVancouver to Barcelona via Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Not Verified | London Gatwick to Vancouver. After not flying long haul for a considerable number of years and reading lot's of reviews I had resigned myself to a long uncomfortable experience. I was pleasantly surprised. The check in experience at both ends was quick and efficient. Whilst the leg room wasn't overly generous (my husband is 6ft 2) it was adequate. Both departure and return were smooth flights. The food I found to be quite tasty with plenty of drinks. We had registered our daughter with the kids club which she received extra snacks, goody bag and priority baggage. The staff were polite and plenty of in flight entertainment choice. I wouldn't hesitate to book with the airline again.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Vancouver

"thoroughly recommend"

Not Verified | Calgary to London Gatwick. I flew with Air Transat on a long eight-hour flight, some of which was during the night. They had comfortable mood lighting but when it was dark out they dimmed the lights. They came around frequently with drinks and food and their duty-free selection. I thoroughly recommend this airline if you are flying transatlantic from Europe. I am looking forward to flying on them again.
RouteCalgary to London Gatwick

"flight was really great2

Not Verified | On July 22, 2019 I was on board an Air Transat Boeing 737-700 from Montreal YUL to Toronto YYZ! This short 1 hour hop between the 2 largest cities in Canada was overall, a very enjoyable trip! Since check in was already completed 24 hours prior to takeoff online, all we had to do once we arrived into the departures section of the airport was to check in via the electronic check-in kiosks and print out our boarding tickets. You can actually skip this step too but since I am a trip reviewer, I always prefer to obtain a physical copy of my boarding ticket as it looks great and offers as a collectable for myself to take. After boarding the aircraft via Gate A17, which is a remote gate on the lower level, I was pleased to confirm that my exit row seat, 13K was as I expected. There was no seat in front of me and I had ample legroom because of this. However, there was a very big downside and that was that my seat belt was actually covered in gum! That was really off putting and made my entire buckle sticky. Other than that, the seat itself was nice, the legroom for me was really great, and the flight crew were friendly. Departure was only delayed slightly and we arrived quite on time, maybe delayed like 5 min but that is very little and we all know there are many long delays out there in the world of aviation. There was a short drink service free of charge and I got a cup of apple juice which tasted good, and soon enough we arrived to YYZ. Overall, the flight was really great, and the only disappointing thing about it was really the fact that my seat belt was full of gum and made it very dirty. But the seat itself and the cabin were very acceptable to me. Overall, I truly had a good flight and Air Transat is a fair airline!
RouteMontreal to Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2019

"bad experience"

Not Verified | I booked a flight for myself and my husband from Toronto to Barcelona from 8/2/19 to 8/11/19, due to medical emergency my husband was not allowed to travel. I submitted all medical documents to cancel my flights and get my refund about 2-3 weeks prior to our travel. Air Transat customer service was terrible, just robotic answers. They were not understanding my emergency situation and instead of helping me, they were very rude. Finally, after 12 weeks of waiting time, their answer was no. Even though I requested about a voucher, partial refund. I guess most of the airlines have some margin in a real case of emergency but the bottom line is I will never ever travel on Air Transat and will tell my whole circle and fiends about my bad experience.
RouteToronto to Barcelona