Air Transat

"no apologies were offered"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Toronto. The flight was first delayed for an hour, then for another two due to the broken door. When I called the client service line, no apologies were offered, and certainly no compensation. The girl on the line was straight rude, dismissing my complaints and telling ”AirTransat is not responsible for anything”. The staff was inattentive, pretending they don’t notice me. Overall, one of the worst flying experiences in my life.
RouteMontreal to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"issue was lack of seat space"

Trip Verified | Santa Clara to Toronto. Paid for Options Plus & Seat selection. $298 spent for nothing. Seats only 17" wide. Shoulders on top of each other. I would never fly like this again. Staff were good and very attentive. Our issue was lack of seat space, shoulder space & even the aisles are so small, I had to walk sideways down them.
AircraftA330-200
RouteSanta Clara to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"they finished boarding earlier"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Fort Lauderdale. I had a flight booked with Air Transat with 2 little kids. The security was very slow and we arrived to the gate 5 minutes before the end of boarding time. Air Transat told me that they finished boarding earlier and took me off the list, and they are allowed to do it because they notify the passengers to be at the gate 60 minutes ahead and we weren’t there 60 minutes ahead. They escorted us outside, while the kids are crying about their lost vacation that they were dreaming about for months.
RouteToronto to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownDecember 2019

"not be travelling with them again"

Trip Verified | Ft Lauderdale to Montreal. Just checked in to my flight which allows one carry on and one handbag. My carry on is a super light 21 inch bag. Despite this i was forced to check it in. This will add 30 to 45 minutes to my trip on arrival. If you’re on a tight schedule and travel with a light carry on be aware you will be asked to check it in on Transat. Will not be travelling with them again, and I’m a very frequent traveller.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Montreal
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"on the tarmac for over an hour"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Vancouver. Left Toronto an hour late, but landed in Vancouver fairly close to our arrival time of 10:30 am. Stuck on the tarmac for over an hour, finally moved the plane over to another gate and de-planed. Two hours after de-planing my bag has yet to make it down to the baggage carousel. I'm not alone, they managed to offload about half the bags an hour ago, but nothing since.
RouteToronto to Vancouver

"All around disappointment"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Cancun. All around disappointment 2 and half hours late with no explanation. The plane had no food/snacks on it the representative at the resort (Moon Palace) was more interested in trying to sell us some dinners and other garbage then actually answering our questions all in all will never fly with this joke of an airline again.
RouteToronto to Cancun
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Back was turned on me. No follow up"

Not Verified | Glasgow to Toronto with Air Transat. The Attendant Call Button has to be pressed as water was streaming down from the air conditioning unit. I understand during landing it is not possible, however, on landing the call button was outrightly ignored. On disembarkation I asked if the Attendant would like to know why the Flight Button was called. Attendant held hand up to my face and said it was a leaking air conditioning unit. Back was turned on me. No follow up. I was soaked. No customer safety demonstrated.
RouteGlasgow to Toronto

"the icing on the cake"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Cancun. You often hear of negative stories when it comes to airlines despite the fact that they have to manage thousands of travelers in the course of a day with few problems arising. I’d like to share an absolutely great news story that really shows how above and beyond Air Transat was in helping my family out when we were in dire straights and had given up hope. On Friday, January 3rd, my wife, 2 kids, a 9-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son, were supposed to be going to Mexico for a week vacation. We arrived at the airport, went through the self serve check-in terminals to get our baggage tags and then moved on to the luggage drop off. Following luggage drop off, I realized that we were missing our passports and our other travel documents. We became very worried when we couldn’t find them following a scan of the nearby area. We had lost our passports between baggage tag check-in and baggage drop off. A short distance traveled - how could this be possible? I asked several of the Air Transat staff in the area for help. They alerted all staff that if they found something to let us know. They also had a few people search with me around the area. Tracing our steps, we remembered that we had taken off our jackets and packed them in our luggage prior to luggage drop off. Were the documents in our luggage, packed with our jackets? Air Transat employees contacted the gate who worked with the ground crew at retrieving our luggage as we rushed to the gate to open them up praying that our passports were there. We were very close to missing our flight. We opened the luggage, and nothing was there. I decided to leave the family at the gate and go back to the check-in to see if there was any progress. With a very helpful employee that saw me in distress, we checked in all the garbage, under the check-in machines, on the conveyor belts at the check-in station. The passports and documents were gone. And we had missed our flight. At that point, I thanked the staff, realizing that our Mexican holiday needed to be postponed. We got in the car on the way home children crying, and both my wife and I very stressed. We started making plans at rushing to take passport pictures, go to the passport office and pay for expedient service and hoping we can save at least part of our trip. The raw emotions of anger, despair, exhaustion and self-doubt were unbearable. On the way home I received a text from one of the staff. They had found one of the 4 passports. I couldn’t believe it! I then got a call about 10 minutes later. They had found 2 more! They had sent the Airport staff to go and inspect the length of the conveyor belt within the airport where the luggage’s traveled. Even though we had left the airport they didn't stop looking. We got home with fingers crossed. If they could only find the last one the trip may be saved. We got the call. They had found the 4th passport. They had to check every crevice around the conveyor belts which travel for several kilometres within the airport. They actually had to have someone climb into a few tunnel-like areas to get into some sections. We were so grateful and was going to call our travel agent to book us on the next available flight. Air Transat staff said we shouldn’t worry about that. The next flight out was at 4.30 that evening, and they can rebook us on that flight directly with no cost to us. This was the icing on the cake.
RouteToronto to Cancun

"Very disappointing"

Not Verified | Puerto Vallarta to Vancouver with Air Transat. Nice plane and flight crew, but flight departed 2 hrs late and once arrived had to wait over an hour for bags, with explanation. Very disappointing.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Vancouver

"Service was very slow"

Trip Verified | Service from Toronto to Punta Cana was excellent. Punta Cana to Toronto was not as good. Service was very slow for drinks and food. We were a party of 2. My food was cold and asked to reheat, 20 minutes later, flight director brought my food but my partner was already finished. I told her it’s too late now and had mentioned service was really slow, there was only 12 seats? She said , well it takes time to reheat food and the steward was new with little experience, then why is she doing Club Class. I found the Director very rude and didn’t care. I love Air Transat over other airlines and I hope this is a one off. This was a Christmas present to my partner to be in Club Class, not cheap! The resort we stayed at Be Live All Adult was terrible for 2 weeks and then we get more of the same coming home. Disappointing!
Seat TypeFirst Class